8.4

1. Nov 22, 2012
    Perhaps the one thing that makes this movie stand out above the previous two Nolan installations is its ability to not only keep the audience on the edge of their seat, but to compel them into investing all of their emotion into the characters. Because the previous movies set up the characters so graciously, it is easier to understand the characters' motivations and become more involved inPerhaps the one thing that makes this movie stand out above the previous two Nolan installations is its ability to not only keep the audience on the edge of their seat, but to compel them into investing all of their emotion into the characters. Because the previous movies set up the characters so graciously, it is easier to understand the characters' motivations and become more involved in the situations being introduced. The cast is directed beautifully with particularly strong performances from Michael Caine and Tom Hardy. Admittedly, Bane is slightly less captivating than Ledger's masterful performance as the Joker, although he becomes a menacing enough villain to feel fitting as Batman's final challenge. The script never fails even in its weakest moments and will be sure to make spines shudder and tears shed for the more dedicated fans. The real backbone to the whole project is Christopher Nolan's ability to wrap everything he puts on screen into one of the most powerful action climaxes in history. This reinforces the Nolan Batman Trilogy's reputation as one of the most significant reboots in recent memory as well as a true cinematic triumph. Expand
  2. Nov 17, 2012
    Even if there are some elements which make this movie worse than it's predecessor (the near-perfection and a really REALLY complex plot disappeared), the acting and action are spectacular, and we can finally see a development in most of the characters, while in TDK most of the characters have no developments, and the soundtrack is better and more enjoyable than the first two films.
  3. Nov 11, 2012
    I found this a very enjoyable movie and fitting ending to the trilogy. Despite the slow start it soon starts picking up pace and keeps your attention til the very end.
  4. Nov 9, 2012
    They should have shown the experiment and surgery that Bane had in the movie to let the some viewers know who he was. But still, "The Dark Knight Rises" really rose up in the theater, and in the plot, the movie rose perfectly to the climax (where police was lining up to fight against the prisoners and the terrorists). And as usual, Christian Bale was great in the film.
  5. Nov 7, 2012
    There is a way to solve the problem of there currently being no plans for a "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo With Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case that would also include "The Dark Knight Reborn". "Reborn" is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". It seems that this documentary will only be available with "TDKRises"--Limited Edition Steelbook Best BuyThere is a way to solve the problem of there currently being no plans for a "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo With Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case that would also include "The Dark Knight Reborn". "Reborn" is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". It seems that this documentary will only be available with "TDKRises"--Limited Edition Steelbook Best Buy Exclusive.

Obviously, most all of us true fans would much prefer to own the Bat-Cowl plus "Reborn", and not have pay for both the Steelbook and the Bat-Cowl just to have the coolest packaging along with the documentary. Also, I am sure that we all want to know what contents will be included in "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Set, coming in the fall of 2013, before we decide to buy "TDKR" in December.

Since these products are manufactured by Warner Bros., please go to their website, bottom of page, "Help - Tell Us What You Think", take a survey and send them the following letter in the alloted text boxes. You may also go to the WBShop site, to the bottom of the page, find "Customer Service - Contact Us", and paste the same text into a message and send it to them. Feel free to write your own message, if you can. You may also print the following message and mail it to Warner Home Video, 4000 Warner Blvd., Burbank CA 91522. If enough of us participate, we may get the results that we deserve!

Dear Warner Bros. Home Video,

According to the BestBuy website, "The Dark Knight Rises"--Blu-ray + DVD Combo with Limited Edition Bat-Cowl Display Case will NOT include "The Dark Knight Reborn", which is a documentary on the making of "The Dark Knight Trilogy". So Far, "Reborn" will only be available with "The Dark Knight Rises"--Best Buy Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook.

We the fans of the Trilogy and the loyal followers of you century's great roster of movies respectfully request that the Bat-Cowl Limited Edition be made to include the coveted "Dark Knight Reborn" Blu-ray Disc. While Steelbook packaging is cool, we many serious collectors will definitely much prefer to have the Bat-Cowl displayed on our shelves. But we do not wish to have to double-dip and buy both the Steelbook and Bat-Cowl, just to have the most prestigious packaging plus the documentary.

If it is too late in the manufacturing process to have the "Reborn" BDs inserted into the Bat-Cowl boxes, then they may attached to outside of the box within a simple cardboard sleeve or else distributed in limited quantities to the first-coming customers. I am confident that Warner Bros. Home Video can find of a way to resolve this problem.

Furthermore, please post the product details and box contents list for "The Dark Knight Trilogy"--Ultimate Collector's Edition Gift Set, which is purported to be released in early 2013, as soon as possible, hopefully before December 4th, which is when "Dark Knight Rises" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD. Doing so will enable us Batfans to decide on whether to acquire "TDKR" in December, or to wait for the Trilogy Ultimate Set.

If there are some other powers that be that we should instead be contacting in regards to these issues, please forward this message to them or else let us know their names, phone numb#rs and/or e-mail addresses.

Thank You So Much for hearing us!
    Sincerely,
    (type your name here)
  6. Nov 5, 2012
    One of my favorite movie series of all time comes to a close in The Dark Knight rises. The third and final film in this Christopher Nolan saga does not disappoint, with exciting action sequences, new villains, and one of the most emotionally moving endings to a film I have ever seen. The movie may be a bit long and the story a little bloated. I personally feel that the movie was not asOne of my favorite movie series of all time comes to a close in The Dark Knight rises. The third and final film in this Christopher Nolan saga does not disappoint, with exciting action sequences, new villains, and one of the most emotionally moving endings to a film I have ever seen. The movie may be a bit long and the story a little bloated. I personally feel that the movie was not as good as The Dark Knight but is still a fitting end to the trilogy. 9/10 Expand
  7. Oct 30, 2012
    Although it certainly does not match its predecessor, The Dark Knight Rises STILL gives a grand way of ending a great trilogy. Long live the Caped Crusader!
  8. Oct 30, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was awesome. Don't come in this movie expecting a Dark Knight 2 just as there wasn't a Batman Begins 2. These movies in this trilogy have complete different tones and directions. I would say if you enjoyed Batman Begins more than TDK you will most likely prefer this over BB. If you enjoyed the Dark Knight more than BB its a 50% chance you will like TDKR better. Acting: The acting was great and there was no one I didn't like Action: The best edited action sequences this time around

Score: The best score of the three; i like the blending of the old and new sounds. I loved that ghostly sound that you hear after the prologue and in the song 'Necessary Evil'

Story: This one had the best story and tone out of the three in my opinion. The tone of this movie was a mix of TDK and BB and worked well. Think of this movie as a action-thriller disaster movie. TDK was action-crime drama. BB was action-drama.

Don't listen to the people who claim there are abundance of plot holes in this movie

1) How is Batman on the ice?

Response: There is a certain part on the ice where it gets softer. The guards are standing on the ice as well because they aren't walking for enough to get to the soft part. 2) Talia's death was so fake

Response: I agree it was a little too much but she could have passed out after her body went into shock. Our body's do that as a defense mechanism. I think she passed out because you can live from that or you could die from that, so it can go either way. Your interpretation

3) Bane's death was bad

Response: Batman had already won that fight against Bane anyway until Talia stabbed him in the back. Now the only way to stop Bane is to kill him and thats not gonna be Batman thats gonna be Catwoman. Catwoman cannot fight Bane physically because she isn't as skilled as him so the batpod shot makes sense

4) Where was Batman?

Response: This movie was more of Bruce Wayne's story even when it was more focused on Bruce there was enough Batman to suffice and needed. After all they are the same person

5)How did Bruce get in Gotham?

Response: Bruce has been around the world a lot and knows his ways. He knows how to fly so he could have flew a small helicopter and parachuted in Gotham. If this movie explained it step by step this movie is going to run even longer, infer

6) You could have cut Selina's part out of TDKR

Response: No, she kinda brought Bruce back out in the world to remind him there are people out there still to play with. She had very sly humor and wit that eas a nice touch in this movie as a whole. They both found a clean slate. Together. 7) How can Bruce be with Selina after she has done everything to him?

Response: Even when he found out she was stealing his stuff you could tell he still liked her personality; that especially shows at the charity ball scene. Also when he says 'There's more to you than that', he sees more in her. You can tell Selina cared about him when she found out Bane was beating him up and when she said 'Come with me--save yourself...'

8) How is Bruce going to be with Miranda Tate out of the blue?

At the time he was at his most vulnerable. He just went bankrupt, Alfred is gone, and he has no one. So it makes sense.

I've seen this movie 6 times in the theatre and can't wait to see it more once I get my hands on the blu-ray copy.
  9. Oct 29, 2012
    This is by far the best comic book movie ever made. TDKR deserves every award it gets acting was amazing action was amazing the ending to this trilogy probably makes it the best trilogy of all time. The best movie of the year in four words TDKR
  10. Oct 26, 2012
    In some ways, I think TDKR does top its predecessors. Overall, it is a satisfying conclusion, and I really liked it besides some minor things. 1. I didn't like John Blake being Robin...director Christopher Nolan got Bruce Wayne/Batman's origin story so correct in Batman Begins, the fact the "Robin" was just some cop kind of bugs me. This is my main complaint.

2. Bane's voice was OK, but

2. Bane's voice was OK, but there were parts when I couldn't understand what he was saying due to background noise or loud music. 3. Catwoman's outfit....I just wanted to see some claws, a whip, and a cowl!
  11. Oct 24, 2012
    Nolan done it again. TDKR is a triumph, held down by some minor niggles. Surprisingly, despite my initial negative view of Anne Hathaway as catwoman, I felt that Hathaway has done a terrific job being catwoman and really, this is her sexiest role yet. However, her screentime was a tad lacking and to be honest, her contribution to the actual plot is minor if not unecessary if taking a harshNolan done it again. TDKR is a triumph, held down by some minor niggles. Surprisingly, despite my initial negative view of Anne Hathaway as catwoman, I felt that Hathaway has done a terrific job being catwoman and really, this is her sexiest role yet. However, her screentime was a tad lacking and to be honest, her contribution to the actual plot is minor if not unecessary if taking a harsh stance. The brilliant plot, great combination of soundtrack and visual enticements as well as brilliant acting retains the excellent Nolan formula that everyone would enjoy. The fight scenes are genuine not cliche' or death-defyingly unrealistic. The twists in the film will get you, no matter how hard you think each time. And throw in a controversial, highly debatable, ambiguous-as-hell ending for good effect (as always). The chemistry just works and really does prove Nolan's prowess as a director and writer. Dont get me wrong, the movie's not perfect. There are so many plot elements there that can be debated for and many characters actually go against the batman canon (watch for the twist near the end. For avid batman fanboys out there and those who's played Batman: Arkham City, you'll be cutting yourself). Is this better than the Dark Knight? No, not really. Is it worse? No, definitely not. Sure Heath Ledger's joker was a sensation, take that away and apart from some thrills, the 2nd movie is definitely sub-par to TDKR by a cat's whisker. Ultimately, it does have some neglible flaws that you probably wont care if you're just watching the movie for fun. If you're a deep thinker and adopted an 'Inception'-esque mindset to the film, you will find many discrepancies in the plot flow. My money for Nolan's best film is still Inception but TDKR is without question THE best action/superhero film of the year. Sorry, Avengers. While I enjoy Avengers (a LOT to be honest), TDKR just tops the comedy-action formula the Avengers had and introduced the standard Nolan-excellence that we have all witnessed before. An intelligent film with class, brilliant execution and acting definitely tops an all-out action film reliant on CG-sequences/witty dialogue/a truckload of top-end, expensive Hollywood stars. Expand
  12. Oct 17, 2012
    Sorry Avengers. But you just didn't have 70 minutes of IMAX-filmed fight scenes or set pieces, or an extremely intense script and epic story that made The Dark Knight Rises the equal best movie of 2012 so far, as well as Looper.

P.S. Bane is a badass bad guy.
  13. cfh
    Oct 16, 2012
    I think it was a superb movie. I was at the edge of my seat while watching it. So much action. It was a little slow at the beginning but at the end it was excellant. I would deffinately buy this movie.
  14. Oct 16, 2012
    Best movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,SissyBest movies I've seen in this year is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!. Rest in peace Heath Ledger you will never be forgotten Expand
  15. Oct 15, 2012
    Definitely the best Hollywood film of summer 2012. The movie is cerebral for those who appreciate depth, but contains enough action and violence to entertain the masses. Superb acting & a solid script, all against the fittingly-dreary landscape of Pittsburgh, make this a masterpiece. All of this from someone who generally dislikes comic book/superhero movies.
  16. Oct 15, 2012
    Heath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incredibly talented actor. The Dark Knight Rises is the film event of the summer. A completely satisfying piece of filmmaking that delivers so much more, making forHeath Ledger won best supporting actor for his role as The Joker. In my honest opinion, Heath Ledger completely stole the show, he was absolutely magnificent. For sure one of the greatest performances of all time, just such an incredibly talented actor. The Dark Knight Rises is the film event of the summer. A completely satisfying piece of filmmaking that delivers so much more, making for an excellent sign off for one of cinema's finest trilogies. Expand
  17. Oct 13, 2012
    I know all \'Superhero\' movies are far-fetched, but come on, how could anyone believe the escaped convict from The Shawshank Redemption could become a high profile tech-wizard within just a few years.
    He couldn\'t even fix that little wooden boat in Mexico, what? Now he\'s building Bat Mobiles?
  18. Oct 8, 2012
    The acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps theThe acting, writing, drama, and action are of a caliber with Nolan's other great works (The Dark Knight notwithstanding). The only genuine problem with this film is that it had to succeed a true masterpiece in The Dark Knight. Hardy is excellent as a villain (though not quite as chilling and nihilistic as Ledger's Joker) and Hathaway and Gordon-Levitt are both strong additions. Perhaps the weight of expectation led to some shortcomings but the final 30-40 minutes of the film are edge-of-your-seat compelling. The conclusion is so startlingly appropriate (read: vintage Nolan) fans should wonder why they thought the trilogy would end any other way. This film, and indeed the two which preceded it, is an absolute must-see. If not for the sake of great cinema, at least for the benefit of knowing how it all ends. Expand
  19. Oct 2, 2012
    This film is great, it doesn't quite live up to the incredible lofty heights of The Dark Knight (2008) but it's still a great watch, the set pieces are fantastic, the scale of the film is ginormous, technical codes are brilliant and to top it all off it's a rollercoaster ride from start to finish.
  20. Sep 23, 2012
    Miedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de losMiedo, chaos, dolor , el resumen perfecto para esta trilogia, y en lo personal, la tercera parte te transmite mucho.-- mucho dolor, desde la salud decayente de bruce wayne pasando por la nueva perspectiva que le otorgaron al origen de bane y el increible desarrollo de la historia que hace pensar al espectador que este es el fin de batman y ciudad gotica, las interpretaciones de los personajes longevos de esta trilogia estuvieron muy bien, a excepcion de un alfred con un enorme conlicto interno que lo hace a mi parecer, la mejor interpretacion; , selina no se queda atras, la interpretacion de anne opaca en muchas formas a la de pfeiffer, aun asi, ninguno de los nuevos actores le pudo quitar la batuta consagrada a ledger como the joker. Una increible banda sonora, impresionantes efectos especiales, grandes interpretaciones, una sublime historia que encapsula a la perfeccion el dolor y la desesperacion a la que el ser humano puede estar sujeto por la debilidad moral de su pueblo y la insertidumbre que provoca una ironica revolucion. no lo piensen dos veces, veanla de inmediato. una obra maestra que ha sido sobrestimada por el villano/interpretacion de su precuela. Expand
  21. Sep 22, 2012
    Thanks to powerful performances, exciting action, and a thrilling script with one of the best endings every in a movie series, The Dark Knight Rises effectively and epically ends Christopher Nolan's masterful Dark Knight trilogy.
  22. Sep 17, 2012
    To call this movie breathtaking would be an insult, as this movie is so much more. This is the stuff William Lincoln was dreaming of back in 1867 when he watched moving drawings rush by through a simple slit cut into a spinning wheel. This film is the trophy of the American film industry's undisputed triumph in the art.
    From some reason I saw the main engineering of this film as a
    From some reason I saw the main engineering of this film as a parallel with the human need to invent a god and live and die by its terms. Desynthesizing our responsibilities by use of a third party. Everyone is always looking for a leader to give them a tune to march to. Good or bad. So long as there is a tune, there are always willing participants.
    Batman must make a come back, not just to answer to himself, and tie-in the plot of the previous film, but most importantly because people are at a loss after knowing of his existence. Which begs me to wonder: We are all assuming there is a guy sitting comfortably upstairs pulling cords, but what if we really truly knew? As with Batman, we'd be demanding this guy get back to business and do it as we demand him to. After all, his decisions are our lives.
    But let's look at it from another point of view. The bad guy, Bane, also has followers. Hordes of maniacs looking for blind faith to provide them juice out of their vacant existence. Reminding me a bit of a lot of terrorist ideologies. The propagation of a bad idea is often better than having no ideas at all. Check with our past historical dictators to confirm my suspicions.
    "You must do it without a rope." No one could forget those lines. The true motivator of human evolution. Because when it comes down to it, there is no large human accomplishment that has ever been performed with a safety net. Leaps must be made with blind faith. Something takes place in the universe when there is full commitment in place... Notice that I did use 'blind faith' here as well as I used it in the previous paragraph about evil. Because faith works both ways. The flip side of a coin by the name of 'hope.'
    The true lesson Batman delivers here after reconquering his own faith is that humanity must learn to fight its own battles with individually instilled hope and determination. Allow me to explain...
    This one book you might have heard of, the Bible, has a somewhat similar story. It's about an unassuming guy that shows up to perform acts no other man could ever fathom. And when he gets everyone's attention, he tells them that they too can do the same if they only believed. Of course, they think he is nuts. Everyone always misses the moral of the story. The reason why Batman has to go away, as did the guy in the Bible... Witnessing greatness is clear proof that we are all part of it. It's already within each one of us. And it's ok to move forward alone. We all find the way. So long as we have faith.
  23. Sep 17, 2012
    Just to answer the glaring question, no, it doesn't measure up to the intelligence of "The Dark Knight". However, it comes close with pure cinematic spectacle and visual style. A near perfect summation to a brilliant trilogy.
  24. Sep 14, 2012
    It concludes this trilogy in such a great way that makes the three movies function as one piece of storytelling. Most importantly, it's an amazingly written and acted story that lives up to the hype generated by the previous ones and faithful and honest towards the comics that originally brought The Dark Knight to a legend status.
  25. Sep 9, 2012
    All the suspense and action we have come to expect from Nolan, a great film and certainly a worthy ending to such a successful franchise.
  26. Sep 6, 2012
    Un film lleno de emoción , efectos visuales increíbles, una actuacion muy buena de parte de anne hat thaway.Sin embargo los errores notorios hacen que mi calificacion no sea perfecta. No obstante este film no deja de ser una obra maestra.
  27. Sep 5, 2012
    TDKR is the final chapter in an epic trilogy that made sure that even superhero movies could be for grown-ups too instead of trashy camp fests. I wonder if these movies would have been as successful if Heath Ledger hadn't died but we'll never know. It's impossible to talk about the movie without spoilers but I'll do my best to avoid them. Bruce Wayne is at his worst in the beginning of theTDKR is the final chapter in an epic trilogy that made sure that even superhero movies could be for grown-ups too instead of trashy camp fests. I wonder if these movies would have been as successful if Heath Ledger hadn't died but we'll never know. It's impossible to talk about the movie without spoilers but I'll do my best to avoid them. Bruce Wayne is at his worst in the beginning of the movie, he's lost the will to fight, live, be a part of the world. He made Batman take the blame for Harvey Dent and this act made sure that the "death of batman" brought the "death of the man". The quest to go back alive and kicking is triggered when a certain cat-burglar tries to steal jewel from the Wayn Mansion. The theft uncovers a bigger scheme where the Wayne Empire is the target. Plot twist after plot twist we meet new characters, each one with their own backstory, from Selina Kyle to agent Blake, to the menacing Bane. While Joker liked to play with minds, Bane's strength is its best asset, every time he appears you're scared of what would he do next. He's a solid character, but I think he's not enough menacing on his own but needs a full army to back him up. Bane and his army gain control of the entire town of gotham and it's up the "good people" to save the day. While in the earlier movie Batman was used as a symbol instead of an actual action hero, here he shines through gadgets and futuristic veihcles. There are a lot of action scenes that escalate in the climax of the movie.
    Overall I suggest to see the movie, it's a fitting end to a surprisingly good trilogy.
  28. Sep 4, 2012
    What should you do? As incredible as it seems, you should just sit back in the movie theater, relax and be blown away as much as I was for sure. the best movie of 2012!
  29. Sep 4, 2012
    What can I say. One of THE best superhero films out there, and most definitely a definitive way to end a brilliant trilogy. Can't recommend it more. Fight sequences were great if unflinching, and the story had many inventive twists to it. The dark Knight Rises ever higher.
  30. Sep 3, 2012
    With Batman Begins, Nolan set the benchmark for the superhero genre by showing us what it
  31. Sep 3, 2012
    This is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (finalThis is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (final scenes, a bit of cliches in Zimmer's music that resemble Inception). Michael Caine FTW! Expand
  32. Sep 2, 2012
    The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale,The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale, Michael Cayne (including I loved their relation as if they were their own family), Gary Oldam and all the actors of the original cast. Of the new entries I absolutely adored Anne Hathaway in the role of Selina Kyle where it was very good and I have to say maybe even better than Michelle Pfeiffer. Then Tom Hardy who plays Bane was formidable. Him, because of the mask, had to play with eyes and it was fabulous. In his eyes he read the intelligence of Bane (not like Batman and Robin) and looking at him he seemed to be always thinking of a strategy. Wonderful action scenes that, with marvelous special effects, leaves the audience speechless. The other things that surprised me were all the metaphors used in the film that you can not help but see and I liked a lot. I must say that some hole in the script there but nothing that bothers. One thing that some said is that in the film the time passed too quickly, which is not true because if you listen to the movie you can see how time has passed and you realize that there was a time jump to the plot. So for me the film is truly a masterpiece and would recommend to everyone, fan or not, going to see it because it's worth it. Expand
  33. Sep 1, 2012
    This movie is awesome.Better than The Avengers and The Hunger Games.Too much action.It's incredible the action.I thought that there isn't a hope.But it has a hope.
  34. Aug 29, 2012
    The best of the current Batman trilogy! Great story and acting. Good cast too! This film takes you much deeper than the previous two and also keeps you guessing throughout it. Has a great ending and keeps the doors open.
  35. Aug 29, 2012
    This movie was awesome from the beginning to the end. I never enjoyed in a movie that good since The Dark Knight. The previous movie was way better. But this one was good too, it was exciting all the time. Anne Hathaway really surprised me with such performance. Also the ending was pretty amazing.
    The only thing I didn't liked about the movie was the ending with Blake - this was unnecessary. But anyway, it's a good movie.
  36. Aug 27, 2012
    THE DARK KNIGHT RISES is an exciting, well-made, well-performed and well directed finale that Batman and Nolan fans will surely love this near flawless and worthy conclusion to the well loved franchise.
  37. Aug 26, 2012
    Best movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start to appreciate them for the works of art that they truly are. TDKR is a gripping, emotionally potent modern war epic that will leave you with breathlessBest movie of all time, what Dark Knight has done for the genre, Rises reinforces in full force. As a matter of fact, it's about time for us as the audience to stop remarking at what an excellent comic book movie has been made and start to appreciate them for the works of art that they truly are. TDKR is a gripping, emotionally potent modern war epic that will leave you with breathless with delight and anguish (simultaneously) by the end. Expand
  38. Aug 26, 2012
    First off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes senseFirst off I'll say that this isn't a perfect movie. The pace is a little off, the action is a bit more subdued compared with TDK and Bane is a villain isn't nearly as scary as the Joker was. However, reviewed as part of a trilogy, TDKR is a fantastic 3rd part. Not only does it tie the whole 3 movie arc together, but it also provides the audience with a logical conclusion that makes sense and feels complete. I would compare this movie to the Return of the Jedi. Sure it's not the best of the 3, but it creates a logical conclusion worthy of the trilogy as a whole. Expand
  39. Aug 25, 2012
    Bane is one of the best villains in a long time. Fascinatingly strange. And Nolan does a typically great job of working in other story lines without forcing it.
  40. Aug 24, 2012
    Truly amazing. Every minute was a pleasure. The ending was magnificent and rounds up everything perfectly, yet leave continuity in place for the next movie to come (as surely as it must)! Though I sympathise with the director who steps up to fill Nolan's shoes :-)

41. Aug 22, 2012
    Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film,Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film, I can clearly say that it was worth waiting for! The amount of anticipation and that hype it created was too enormous and it all got paid off. Nobody has ever made superhero films like Christopher Nolan, hence this trilogy is the best superhero trilogy. The acting, the direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, the production design, the costumes, the CGIs, the great cast and not releasing it in 3D being one of the most important things; everything about this film was flawless. Moving on to this film, the epic conclusion, I have no words to explain how happy I felt after watching it. Christian Bale's performance as Batman was mesmerizing as ever. And the way Tom Hardy performed as Bane was just astounding, he kept me terrified throughout the film especially after taking over Gotham city. Another important thing to notice was Bane's character, I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it is a superhero film without a superhero, and this is correct. This film focused more on Bane and the Gotham city. Another interesting part was when Bane actually broke Batman's back and sent him to prison, and then Batman rises again and comes back to save his city, that bit was too awesome. Anne Hathaway shined as Catwoman, I liked her performance as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. Every single person in this film did more than amazing and turned it into a masterpiece. Hats off to Christopher Nolan for giving us a masterpiece, a trilogy that would be remembered for centuries. I would really like if this film gets all the big nominations in the Academy Awards and actually wins the Best Picture. This would be the best thing ever! Expand
  42. Aug 22, 2012
    This is one hell of a conclusion to the best superhero franchise of all time. The bar is set so high that its going to take a lot to top it. This franchise managed to pit all this in reality and that is what makes it so chilling. When it comes to Bane he is as great as the Joker with an added bonus that you really feel scared that the bat may not make it out of this one. Hardy is great butThis is one hell of a conclusion to the best superhero franchise of all time. The bar is set so high that its going to take a lot to top it. This franchise managed to pit all this in reality and that is what makes it so chilling. When it comes to Bane he is as great as the Joker with an added bonus that you really feel scared that the bat may not make it out of this one. Hardy is great but I personally think that nobody topples Caine as Alfred. All his scenes are memorable to say the least. Bale is just as great, playing Batman as a kick ass with the right amount of frailty add that realistic touch. Gordon-Levitt also adds that dashing look even tough his role is hardly glamorous. If you really want to nit pick you can say that some scenes are a bit over the top, but that is just that nit picking at what's one of the greatest movies of the year. Anne is also superb as Catwoman adding spice to an already delicious recipe. There are surprising twists and those that are not, but all of them are executed with grace and excellent in their own regard. As a whole this is a fitting conclusion to the Bat. Expand
  43. Aug 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. First things first, this is definitely not too long, I finished watching and still wanted more of the awesome action. It is not as dark as the Dark Knight, but is almost as good. The acting again (like the first two) is top-notch, with the Batman regulars all acting at their best alongside the new recruits (other than there were a couple of times when I didn't understand what was being said). Catwoman is pretty much perfect in the film, leaving me with a "Year One" taste lingering in my mouth afterwards and Bane was awesome, not Joker awesome but awesome enough, as you really do feel the power of Bane in his punches and character. However, there were a couple of things that just happened, firstly, when Alfred leaves, he just leaves with no more explanation (a minor fault really, as it is explained why he leaves). Secondly, Bane's death was just a little too... fast, but he did break Batman's back which is all kinds of good :) The film wasn't very complicated, and the ending was absolutely fantastic, perfectly rounding things off. While the film wasn't quite up to the incredibly high standards of its predecessor, it is by far the best film I have seen for two years (Toy Story 3 was the last "masterpiece" I saw in the cinema) and definitely lives up to the hype. The Dark Knight Rises is a perfect mix of Batman Begins and the Dark Knight and will (probably) be the best film released this year, so go watch it for goodness sake! Expand
  44. Aug 22, 2012
    Probably the best Batman ever! I love Batman so that is saying something. Bane is one of the best villains ever too. Seen it three times, getting ready for a fourth. So sick!!!
  45. Aug 21, 2012
    Never wanted to cry more at the end of a movie. Amazing. Words cannot describe this movie. This movie gives reason to believe there is still hope for America.
  46. Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, simply put, was pure genius. Noland really pulled it off amazingly. He took the dark grittiness of the comic books and conveyed it like no other director has. I've noticed a lot of reviews such as people being annoyed that there is no way he could have escaped the bomb. I get that this is a large plot hole, for those of you that don't know batman. If you did, you would know that plot holes like this are what make the batman franchise. Batman is entity of mystery and pique human physique, i get that just anyone couldn't have survived it, but Batman is, and forever shall be, a superhero. This means he is able to pull off super human feats. They are not explained because giving away everything would make Batman lose his super quality. Another review i read stated that they didn't like the fact that Robin was basically useless. I think what people fail to realize is that it is essential for Robin to feel useless. This later will fuel his desire to make a difference, to don his balaclava and become more than just a cop, just a man, but more than a man. He will become a symbol, whether as Robin or as Nightwing, it is essential that he must feel powerless in order to feel like he needs to change to make a difference. We must remember that this is a superhero movie, making things like resetting a vertebrae what makes Batman "super". Bane was on par with Joker as a super villain. It represented what was most dangerous about Bane, not his muscles, not his addiction to venom, but his tactical mind. This was dumbed down in previous Batman movies but this does an excellent job portraying it. This movie also included the depth the villains are willing to go to achieve their goals. Raz;s daughter infiltrated Wayne Enterprises in order for her plan to come to fruition. Its dedication like that that is making it worth while to destroy Gotham. Great Movie! Expand
  47. Aug 18, 2012
    A 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie wasA 2 hour and 45 minute movie that will span greatness to the world. The Dark Knight Rises is not only one of the BEST films I have ever seen, it is the BEST superhero film ever made. I have never shivered because of a villain in any movie. Bane made me shiver. Tom Hardy did an excellent job playing such an evil part. The twists were just as great. By far though, the star of the movie was Anne Hathaway for her stunning performance as Selina Kyle/Catwoman. She played the role like she has been that person her whole life. Absolutely stunning. My only complaint was that they didn't include Bane's backstory, but other than that, this film was a site to behold. Christian Bale did his finest work as the playboy billionaire turned hero Bruce Wayne/Batman. David S. Goyer wrote a fantastic story as well. The end of the movie was a total cliffhanger also. Everybody in the theater thought this may actually be the end, but turns out, it may not be the end. Here comes sequels... Christopher Nolan, you have done it again. Expand
  48. Aug 15, 2012
    BANANAANANANANANANANANANANA BATMAN!!..
    This was a very worthy conclusion to the epic batman trilogy..
    Sexy!, Action Packed!, Explosions and **** This is a fantastic movie, a must watch!..
    Stop reading this review and watch the Goddamn Movie!!
  49. Aug 15, 2012
    This is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight RisesThis is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight Rises was awesome and never had any slight boredom while watching this film. Expand
  50. Aug 15, 2012
    'Rises' doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the film by which all superhero films are compared to (TDK) but delivers enough spectacle, emotional depth, epic scope to Nolan's Universe and brooding tone to define itself proudly as the operatic final chapter to a trilogy which masterfully leaped beyond the apparent boudaries of a comic-book film. Nolan's changed things - forever.
  51. Aug 14, 2012
    Muy buena película y muy buena trilogía. sinceramente no creo que alguien pueda hacer una mejor película con un mejor final sobre Batman. el villano Bane tal vez no sea mejor que el Joker de The Dark knight pero en términos generales la película cumple con lo esperado. muy buenas actuaciones e historia , totalmente recomendada.
  52. Aug 14, 2012
    Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
  53. Aug 13, 2012
    If I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks toIf I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks to the Harvey Dent protocol established by Jim Gordon. However one man knows the secret about Dent, a terrorist by the name of Bane. Bane reveals the truth about Dent thereby setting free all of Gotham's prisoners. Batman must once again rise to the challenge and stop this madman calling for allies of the likes of Catwoman, Robin and his massive armoury that he has amassed over the year for a fight that will bring both you and Gotham City to its knees. Expand
  54. Aug 12, 2012
    ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan,,The Dark Knight Rises'' wants to be the epic conclusion for the most highly appreciate trilogy of the last years and almost succeeds to be, but it doesn't beat the high standard set by its predecessor. ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' is ambitious, has an maximum entertaining potential, it's very spectacular and reaches the peak of action in the series, but in this thrill for action, Nolan forgets something, gives a little, the air of commercial, but the same time an excellent air of impressive and big. The atmosphere created for the movie is perfect at all chapters from soundtrack to visuals, from special effects to costumes. The thin snow, the effect of cold and darkness, the fall and rise attitude, the atmosphere supporting music, the looks of city and people are all perfectly mixed at gives an epic air to Gotham, as well as to whole movie. Nolan presents here, not an individual story, ,,Batman can be anyone" but multiple characters in a bigger action and the collective in an epic rise. Batman enters slowly in a small shadow and the felling of collective comes forward to take the justice. A parallel between the villains of this two last movie is needed and in my opinion, in this one Bane is as perfect as Joker, is frightening, strong in both mind and body, fearless, has an interesting vision over the world, is the pure evil incarnated, his replies and dialogues are very good, the voice, the body, the look are all fear inspire and make Bane the perfect villain for this conclusion and for the biggest trial for both Batman and Gotham as well. Nolan sets in the last two movies of the trilogy the villain on a high pedestal, maybe higher than Batman and Bane do its part very, very good in this last contest. If the first movie is Batman's confrontation with himself and his ,,dark side'', the second is the confrontation of Batman and a mad enemy, Joker, the last movie brings the confrontation of collective, Batman rise and seeks justice against a bigger and diverse contest. A movie of redemption, fall and rise, fight for freedom and justice, fight against fear and darkness, ,,The Dark Knight Rises'' takes the peak for the word ,,rise'' in a movie and brings a epic conclusion to Nolan's Batman trilogy as well as making Batman the greatest superhero of all times in my opinion. Expand
  55. Aug 10, 2012
    ths one of the wonderfull movies in this year and the actors are very good, in fact Anne Hathaway impressed me because she is very good in this movie i love her caracter and the end is fantastic
  56. Aug 10, 2012
    Its a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batmanIts a really good movie and just what I expect from Christopher Nolan.its just like any other movies that Christopher Nolan makes it has a great plot and a good ending, but officer Blake should've been the kid that Bruce Wayne/batman gave one of his 'gadgets' to from batman:begins. Bruce Wayne has hidden his identity from the whole citizens of Gotham and for a mere kid to know he's batman is just impossible. Expand
  57. Aug 9, 2012
    To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character.To say this movie had it's work cut out for it is an understatement, but I feel like it lived up to the hype. What was already a great cast in Bale, Oldman, Caine, and Freeman got even better with the additions of Hardy, Hathaway, and Gordon-Levitt. Tom Hardy did a great job as Bane, and the voice was great. It was sophisticated, but also sinister and seemed fitting for the character. Anne Hathaway did a fantastic job, and really surprised me as Selina Kyle. I also liked Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake, and loved how they used his character in the film.

While it seemed a little rushed at times, even at 2 hours and 45 minutes, I thought Nolan managed to wrap everything up nicely in the end. A fitting conclusion to what has become my new favorite trilogy.
  58. Aug 9, 2012
    Many thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch ofMany thought this movie was hard to follow, and introduced too many new characters, I disagree completely. this movie was action-packed, and beautifully done. Nolan created a mater piece of effects, acting and suspense. The second movie with joker was terrifying, emotional and amazing, but it nothing compared to this one. This one is so much more, action, emotion, terror, and a touch of humor. This movie is one for the ages and will last forever. Expand
  59. Aug 9, 2012
    Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usualAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
  60. Aug 8, 2012
    An absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plotAn absolutely brilliant film, a fantastic conclusion to a phenomenal revival of a franchise. The overall feel to the film was amazing, along with the score (thank you Hans Zimmer) the film had a mixed vibe of Begins and The Dark Knight which was a great thing. To those who are a Batman/ comic fanatic, this does it justice. Although there are minor plot holes in the film- the "major plot holes" that many speak of are actually misconceptions as there were explanations regarding these plot holes but not in an obvious form because they needn't be- Plus He's the GOD DAMN BATMAN!!!! Expand
  61. Aug 8, 2012
    It's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many otherIt's very hard to find a flaw in this masterpiece. This final to The Dark Knight Trilogy feels much different than the other two. Even grimmer than it's predecessors at moments. The Dark Knight Rises has a stellar cast, every main role gets their fair share of screen time and every moment feels real. The action is top notch and what you'd expect from Nolan, and you won't see too many other films this year that have such a rich, deep, and fantastic story as TDKR. The master shots are beautiful, the characters are distinct and intriguing, the progression is swift and goes well, even if it's a little on the longer side. Still it's 2 hours and 45 minutes of the best story hollywood has to offer. It deserves an Oscar nomination I'd say, and easily reigns as the best film of the year, along with topping off the best film trilogy of all time. Expand
  62. Aug 8, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think theChristopher Nolan's Batman triology is what spawned my love for Batman. From Batman Begins ive been always waiting for the next one and I'm pretty upset that the series is ending here because I believe that Christopher Nolan could have done so much more with characters such as the RIddler and the Penguin. But at the end of the movie I found my self content with the ending. I think the movie as a whole was great as the rest of the series and it ended things where you can wonder what happened after and where if thats it then you can be satisfied knowing things ended well. Expand
  63. Aug 8, 2012
    It was a pretty damn good movie, it had a very strong plot and story, the acting was very good, although I can imagine the actor who played Bane was having fun walking around not saying anything. I can't help but say though, that 'The Dark Knight' was much better than the 3rd installment, without the Joker, no Batman film will ever be the same.
  64. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  65. Aug 7, 2012
    This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music,This movie is EPIC! Very ambitious for just one movie, but it was a hell of a movie. Intense action, drama, and suspense that puts you at the edge of your seat. Tom Hardy was amazing and frightening. Bale has given his BEST performance by far as Batman, very powerful. Hathaway!..... I really didn't saw this one coming!! She truly nailed it as catwoman!! The cast, the plot, the fxs, music, it was all amazing!! All of this batman films stand alone and they altogether establish one of the best trilogies of all time... and the fact that it deals with a superhero is impressive! Overall the movie is a glorious achievement for Nolan and the icing on the cake for this near perfect trilogy!! I recommend to see twice!! Expand
  66. Aug 7, 2012
    Extremely well done movie... Epic scenes....Tom Hardy did an amazing performance....It's a shame that the voice was very criticized. It's a great ending for this amazing and epic saga. Anne Hathaway...best Catwoman yet. Loved the great scale scenes. Powerful Ending
  67. Aug 7, 2012
    Being a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn'tBeing a big fan of Christopher Nolan's work and loving the other two Batman films, I was well and truly excited to see this one. Maybe a little too excited as I left the cinema knowing I had just witnessed an amazing film, but had mixed feelings about it probably because I was expecting too much after The Dark Knight. At the same time I felt gutted that this would be it as Nolan wouldn't be making any more.
    After reading numerous reviews on here and in other places, I felt compelled to see it again.
    So, last night I did. So glad I did. Even though I knew how the film ended it was still an exciting experience. My cinema ticket (which was in my hand), had been ripped to pieces towards the climax.
    On second viewing you get a chance to take much more in.
    The acting was superb across the board with Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle the best of the lot.
    I never doubted for a minute she would be a great choice and she didn't let me down.
    Can't wait for the DVD release which will hopefully have extended scenes. When that comes out I will watch the whole trilogy in it's entirety.
    Brilliant ending to a brilliant Batman series beautifully directed by the master of modern film making.
    Classic.
  68. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break toThe Dark Knight Rises is one of the few movies that actually exceeded my expectations and is a fantastic conclusion to what is undoubtedly the best comic book movie series and possibly one of the best movie trilogys to ever hit the screen. The movie runs at a breakneck pace even though it is almost 3 hours long. My only complaint is that the pace often forgets to give the viewer a break to let new information sink in, but that's really just me nitpicking. I'm not going to go over the plot because honestly we all know what the plot is at this point.The charcters have never been better and Tom Hardy is phenomenal as Bane. Bane is the most intimidating character in the series by far and Hardy coveys with a spectacular performance driven by body language and a little too much going on behind the eyes. This movie cements the trilogy as more of a character study than anything else with Bruce Wayne/ Batman at the center. The only thing you should know is that The Dark Knight Rises is well worth your time and money, is an absolute triumph, and is the best movie of 2012 so far. This is best farewell cinema has ever seen and needs to be recognized as such. Expand
  69. Aug 7, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because theyThe Dark Knight Rises was everything I had hoped it to be and more. First of all, right after the movie ended I applauded. This movie was one of the best superhero movies i have ever seen, but it wasn't just about Batman, it was also about Bruce Wayne, which the second movie didn't really capture. I loved the second movie and I understand if people are upset with this one because they never mention the joker, but Bayne was a great bad guy, Tom Hardy played him well. Anne Hathaway was suprisingly amazing at playing the Catwoman which has been in various batman movies. The acting for the movie was incredible, The story was great, The visuals were equally as good, and the soundtrack blew me away, not to mention the suprises in the end. Michael Caine, was brilliant as Alfred. Joseph Gordon- Levitt was amazing and all in all this was an amazing movie. This movie included various political and social problems and set them into a superhero movie. Christopher Nolan should be proud of this piece of art that he has delivered to us. Expand
  70. Aug 6, 2012
    What I Like To Call
    Movie Of The Year
  71. Aug 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever ifThe Dark Knight Rises was definitely the best movie I have seen all summer and maybe even the whole year. Im sad that it was the last one but it went out with a bang. I was a bit suspicious on how good the ending would of been with Bane as the main villian but I dont think that you can make Bane any more intimidating (other than that voice ugh). It is definitely a must see movie ever if you arent a batman fan. Christan Bale and Christopher Nolan yet again bring in the big bucks with this masterpiece. Expand
  72. Aug 6, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentlessChristopher Nolan's Batman series has finally come to an end. After two spectacular depictions of DC Comics' caped crusader, Nolan has returned to complete his Batman trilogy with The Dark Knight Rises. The suspense for this release has been built up ever since the critically acclaimed The Dark Knight hit box offices in 2008 and the final product has lived up to that four year relentless hype. It is very clear how much of an impact these films have had on us over the past half of a decade and I see that impact multiplying as The Dark Knight Rises finally hits the big screen. This movie contains anything anyone could ever want from a piece of the Nolan/Batman saga; heightened emotions, poignant character speeches, and a commendable story line as well as many, many action sequences and explosions.

The film opens much like The Dark Knight, revealing the villain right away from the get-go to foreshadow further chaos. This time around, Bane (Tom Hardy), a menacing mastermind born into a life of captivity, has one plan and one plan only and that is to bring anarchy to Gotham City in honor of the League of Shadows and Ra's al Ghul's death. For those unaware it should be known that this Bane is not your bulky, drug-induced, raging maniac henchman seen in the 1997 film Batman & Robin but instead, we see a far more distinguished, well-informed antagonist that not only has a master plan for his taking over of Gotham but also withholds enough combat training to rival Batman, which is how the comic books intended it to be. Hardy's Bane is portrayed perfectly as Bane soullessly attempts to destroy the status quo of Gotham City in an attempt to give power back to the people. Bane's efforts are very similar to that of Heath Ledger's Joker from the previous film but instead of attacking the minds of Gotham's finest, Bane goes straight for the heart.

Meanwhile Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) is nowhere to be found. Forced into retirement by his unlawful murder conviction of Gotham district attorney Harvey Dent, Wayne is forced to watch from the sidelines as his company diminishes as well as the city he had formerly sworn to protect. That is, of course, until the ruthless and relentlessness Bane strikes Gotham, forcing Wayne and Batman out from hiding to help defeat the city's new attacker. It sounds cliche, but everything in this movie has a purpose.

Intertwining love interests pop up for Wayne in the form of the seductive jewel thief Selina Kyle (AKA Catwoman) played by Anne Hathaway as well as Wayne Enterprise business associate Miranda Tate played by Marion Cotillard. Though the relationship between Wayne and Tate comes off as a little rushed, Wayne's interactions with Kyle are nothing short of magnificent as Hathaway silences the doubters that were oh so prevalent when it was announced that she would be fulfilling this role.

The first half of Rises is mostly set up for later events up until the the pivotal scene in which Batman faces Bane for the first time one-on-one. This scene's importance focuses on fear, helplessness and watching a hero that America has come to love and adore for so many years become as useless and vulnerable as the mindless heaps of thugs the caped crusader has disposed of over his days. Every moment after this scene sees the drama escalating to new levels as we witness the emergence of John Blake (Joseph Gordan-Levitt) from faceless cop to hard-nosed detective as well as Wayne's metaphorical and physical rise to prominence once again.

Of course, with any superhero movie one will always have issues. The dialogue, especially from the Dark Knight himself, sometimes comes off as commonplace for any ego-boosted superhero and some of the political and business aspects of the movie may come off as scattered or a little hard to follow. These small mishaps however are irrelevant if you're willing to pay enough attention to detail and look over those glitches in dialogue. The side plots and monologues (specifically from Michael Caine's excellent adaptation of Alfred as well as Selina Kyle) emerge as brilliant, informative and ultimately quite vital to the film. Everything in this movie is significant toward the final outcome and that's something that we cannot really mention about The Dark Knight.

In the end, this movie is stunning. Everything from the acting to the writing to the special effects is top notch and all mesh together perfectly to bring to you the perfect conclusion to Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy. Though the ending may be surprising to some, I feel Nolan set out to do what he had to do and pulled it off marvelously.

73. Aug 5, 2012
    Fantastic Movie, The Dark Knight Rises ends the saga on a high note. The action was over the top and Bane was more fearless and intimidating then the joker, It was nice to see that the hero wasn't invincible for once. Bane literally made Batman beg for his life, yes they could of killed him. but what fun would that be , it was nice to see a realistic movie and a superhero cliche film
  74. Aug 5, 2012
    This is Epic, This is Classic, This is Ultimatum!!! How could someone MATCH Dark Knight? This is the answer, Action, Emotion, Darkness, Humanity, Chaos, Merry what is not in this? Go Watch this!!! This is the Best Super Hero Movie and this the Best Super Hero Series of All time. You do miss Joker rather Heath. Christopher Nolan, You ARE THE BEST!!! There is Batman and then there are the rest!
  75. Aug 4, 2012
    Great movie, one that if you feel mixed about it you should definitely watch it again, completely different from The Dark Knight (which I've seen so many times), it's really a great way to end the trilogy and together this really does make a great trilogy, can't wait to watch all of the movies together in one sitting
  76. Aug 4, 2012
    A truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming closeA truly awesome film. Coming into the final act I'd thought the film was very good, but was lacking... something. Then came the twist and reveal of a major character which not only left me with a feeling of satisfying shock, but in one stroke took a brilliant film and made it masterful by tying all 3 movies together, themes coming full circle. Bane, though of course never coming close to Ledger's Joker as a compelling screen presence , fulfils his purpose of giving Batman a foe who can beat him physically, and thus giving the audience a palpable feeling of fear. Bane is chilling in his brutality, never more so than in the famous fight halfway through which is genuinely traumatic. Bale gives his best emotionally varied performance of the trilogy, but the surprise, standout performance comes from Hathaway as Catwoman. If ever there was a comic book character that can easily fall into an over-the-top parody it is she. But Hathaway provides a Kyle that is sassy and cynical, with an overt confidence in her abilities and sexual power over men, but beneath the surface is damaged. Her struggle to remain selfish and detached despite herself is utterly fascinating and really cuts to the heart of the enigma of the character. Just like Ledger in the DK, Hathaway's casting looked like one of the worst decisions in the history of cinema, but just goes to show that you should never doubt Nolan.

And it is he who we should leave the final word for. He managed in 3 films to not only reinvigorate the Batman but raise it to surely unscaleable heights. His interpretation of a more realistic world than past iterations was truly majestic. As the film winds down a flow of conflicting emotions coursed through me. I watched with growing awe, as pieces slotted beatifully into place. My heart soared and yet was tinged with sadness knowing that this was indeed the end of Nolan's vision. So beautifully were the closing moments acted and crafted, I was left speechless and euphoric. This deserves to be ranked up there with the best trilogies of all time.
  77. Aug 4, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters wereThe Dark Knight Rises, was definitely as very worthy conclusion for the best trilogy that I've seen in movie theaters. This is one of those rare occasions where the sequels are better or as good as the prequels. Tough it was already difficult to supplant the villain Joker in the previous movie, I was very impressed with Bane's role and how he played it. In fact, all main characters were very well developed and the acting was very good. In the first half of the movie there are not as many action sequences as expected, but no matter! It still kicks some serious ass when developing the story! All and all, this movie is a must-see for any fan of dc comics, batman or a good action/drama film in general. Expand
  78. Aug 4, 2012
    3 words. What a film. This is one of the best films i've ever seen and i'm serious. The suspense in the film was incredible and had loads of crime fighting action. Bane had to be my favourite character, he just had that grizzly tone in his voice that made you think that he sounds cheery and nice, but is so very evil. Overall, a great film and a must see.
  79. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie doesn't quite have the vigor of The Dark Night, but the action is unprecedented, as expected from the previous installments. The characters are mostly rounded, with the exception of Bane, who seemed relevant until it was revealed that he was just a lowly prisoner that helped the real escapee out. But man! That movie was so fun to watch! Expand
  80. Aug 3, 2012
    Hoot, Clap, Whistle, Scream .. Do everything possible to cheer The Dark Knight Rises. Another great movie by Nolan. Awesome plot. Incredible cast performed Incredible job; as the great characters.
  81. Aug 3, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Nolan opens a door on a new vision to realize in the cinema the Super-hero. A disturbing Trilogy, TDKR is already, according to me, the Cult movie. The most disturbing of the Trilogy, TDKR goes up in crescendo in one unprecedented finale in this genre. Expand
  82. Aug 2, 2012
    This movie from beginning to end is the best movie I have ever seen. It has superior action, characters, and climax. It feels like it goes to fast but it is s really long movies, it will leave you wanting more.
  83. Aug 2, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rise is this years best film. It's not like the Dark Knight good vs. evil yes, that element is there however, it mostly man vs. self. It will take you down many different emotions (if you let it) with a completed ending -not of a hero but, of a story.
  84. Aug 2, 2012
    TDKR is an amazing movie even when compared with the first two. Although it lacks the depth that is expected from a Nolan film it ends the trilogy perfectly and ties up all three movies. TDKR gets even better the more that you watch it and you feel that you get more out of it when you do. By far the best movie I have seen since Dark Knight.
  85. Aug 2, 2012
    London IMAX viewing. Awesome soundtrack, solidly watchable new characters/baddies, plot inconsistencies barely noticeable, top-notch action elements and overall epic conclusion. Not disappointed one bit. And I thought Avengers Assemble was going to be the best flick this year .. hats off Mr Nolan and co.
  86. Aug 2, 2012
    The problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plotThe problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plot wasn't as well written as the Dark Knight, it was on a par with Batman Begins and was clever with interesting, though sadly foreseeable twists. However this movie was still amazing to watch with beautiful visuals and a good amount of action. Expand
  87. Aug 2, 2012
    Easily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himselfEasily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himself has described TDKR as a blend of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and he is right. The Performances in this film are brilliant as always. Christian Bale is great as the older crippled Bruce Wayne and is still awesome when he becomes the Batman again. Michael Cain is brilliant as Alfred once again despite having less screen time than he did in the other films which was disappointing but seeing how many things needed to be resolved in this film, it was probably necessary. Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman also give brilliant performances once again. The new cast members also do a great job, the most notable are definitely Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and of course Tom Hardy as Bane. The Character of Catwoman is nailed brilliantly and fits in Chris Nolans Batman universe perfectly. Despite all the preparation required to get in the role and having to wear a mask the whole time, Tom Hardy managed to give a fantastic performance as Bane, his brilliant voice and the spectacular expressions he can deliver with just his eyes is just awesome, and while it doesn't match Heath Ledgers performance as The Joker, he is still amazing to watch. The action in this film is the best it has ever been! Chris Nolan has always had a thing for practical effects over special effects and it has paid off, the scope and size of some of the action pieces are outstanding and highlight just how brilliant a film maker Chris Nolan is. Han Zimmer does the soundtrack once again and while I wouldn't say it is his best work, this film still has some awesome music. There are some flaws, some loose ends from The Dark Knight were not even brought up in this film which I found a little annoying but in the context of what does happen, they don't really matter. I was also a tiny bit disappointed with how Banes Character ark was resolved, what happened did work but I felt like it could have been done a bit better. The films few flaws are not reasons to give it anything lower than a 10 though, this is one of those cases where the good is so good it trumps the bad in every way. Amazing acting, brilliant writing, fantastic directing all come together to give The Dark Knight trilogy the ending it deserved, it will stay with you long after you walk out of the cinema and the ending will likely be the subject of many conversations to come. Is it better than The Dark Knight? That's a tough one because I have seen The Dark Knight many more times than I have seen TDKR and they both have different tones and themes so it's really down to a matter of opinion. It's rare the third act of a superhero trilogy gets it right but to say that The Dark Knight Rises "got it right" is a huge understatement. You simply have to see this film, Chris Nolan has done it again. Expand
  88. Aug 1, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. F you all wannabe haters. Seriously , i've seen people giving low rates because they COULDN'T **** UNDERSTAND THE DAMN movie, seriously, if you're that dumb, go back to your The Iron Lady crappy sleepy overrated movie.
    That last movie was the conclusion i was hoping for, the music, the acting was perfect, the dialogues, they connected lots of points from the previous movies. **** when alfred told he had to quit, i almost cryied (friends nearby, couldn't) , right when you're starting to get a lil' bit bored, it goes and BAM! another **** amazing thing happens, not explosions and that, it's things that blow your mind, like when that freaking catwoman locked him against Bane.
    Now talking about Bane, his voice was pretty darn good, **** you wannabe haters saying that it looks like Darth Vader's, it was good.
    Seriously, it makes me mad people giving low grades, saying **** like "Oh, i couldn't understand it and i'm sure half of the people that watched also can't" or "It's only explosions and especial effects".
    To those retards i only say that: GO BACK TO YOUR STUPID BORING DOCUMMENTARY MOVIES, or back to that surprisingly bad, boring and annoying movie called The Iron Lady, or the King's Speech.
  89. Aug 1, 2012
    It's simple - "The Dark Knight Rises" is the best movie of the year. It beats "The Avengers" in every single aspect.---------------------------------
  90. Aug 1, 2012
    Stvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovimStvarno spektakularan film. Ovo je ultimativni batman film i najbolji superherojski film svih vremena. Akcija, dijalozi, likovi(pogotovu Batman, Bane i Catwoman) su fantasticno prikazani. Film traje 2 i po sata i niujednom trenutku nije bilo dosadnih elemenata, prica je tako dobra da te drzi prikovanim za ekranom od prve do zadnje sekunde. Christopher Nolan je odradio sjajan posao ovim zadnjim dijelom odnosno citavom trilogijom.
    P.S. Preporuka je prije ovog filma odgledati Batman Begins, posto je puno elemenata iz tog filma i u ovom.
  91. Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome, during the first hour of the movie, I was a bit disapointed but then all goes on, we can see everything, it's clear, this is an Amazing movie.
    Nolan puts us in a world of chaos, all shall thrill.
  92. Aug 1, 2012
    Marvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and MarionMarvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and Marion Cotillard as a sexy yet misterious Miranda Tate. But the biggest surprise was Anne Hathaway, who is the best Catwoman on screen. She is Christopher Nolan's Selena Kyle/Catwoman, which means she will be a faithful version to the comics and although I don't read comic books i think she captures her personality. Her development as a character is also interesting and I would like for her to have a solo movie, directed by Christopher Nolan.
    A satysfying conclusion to a trilogy that has three movies critically acclaimed by die-hard fans and critics, thanks to Christopher Nolan,an excelent director.
  93. Aug 1, 2012
    To put it simply, Nolan masterfully concluded the story arc he began in Batman Begins. I found the acting to be 100% top notch and the score and camera work are as impeccable as always. The plot has some great twists and I left the theater with a smile on my face. Great movie!
  94. Jul 31, 2012
    This movie stands out as a great film, even with some plot holes and the bad guys in the film did have an absurd evil plan, but it does meshes well with the other two former movies to create a perfect trilogy.
  95. Jul 31, 2012
    Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is,Outstanding movie! I was not expecting much, with the Joker gone, but it totally defeated my expectations. The villain was interesting, the back story was fascinating, and had some great new characters. The ending of this movie was AMAZING. I alternately cried, laughed and gaped in awe at the ending of this movie. The only downside (if it can be considered that), is how long the movie is, but it's worth it for the content. Don't get up partway through for the bathroom, you don't want to miss a thing. Expand
  96. Jul 31, 2012
    A powerfull film. Una pelicula poderosa, con la capacidad de hipnotizar a quien no busca tecnica pura o guiones perfectos. Simplemente es una pelicula para disfrutar sin juzgar y dejarse llevar a una historia epica que sin dejar de ser fantasia bien podria suceder en el mundo real.
  97. Jul 31, 2012
    Although it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding andAlthough it's not on the same level as The Dark Knight, the Dark Knight Rises is still a fantastic film. All of the performances are fantastic as usual, and Gordon-Levitt and Hathaway are superb additions. As well, Hathaway's role is a rare strong female lead, as in the tradition of Ripley from Alien, and she kills it in her role (in a positive sense). It's also more brooding and methodical in comparison to the Dark Knight, and it's a treat to have a film set up a story the way this one does. Tom Hardy deserves an Oscar. Overall, it's to the Dark Knight was Godfather II was to the Godfather. Expand
  98. Jul 31, 2012
    HEY EVERYBODY!. No spoilers. Yes, the story has many flaws, Yes, the character development could be better. Maybe, Nolan rushed the film a little bit. But hey, The Dark Knight Rises is still the epic conclusion. Enjoy every second of it.
  99. Jul 31, 2012
    A good ending for an excellent trilogy. But bear in mind, that you must of watch 1 and 2 to really enjoy this story and look at it from a real world perspective.
  100. Jul 31, 2012
    Totally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting The Dark Knight part 2 and the other went with crates of comics expecting something else. It was a brilliant movie with a worthy villain and I have nothingTotally enjoyable. I think people went to the cinema with way too many expectations and forgot to watch the movie for what it was worth. On it's own, people would have generally loved the film a lot more. I think one set went expecting The Dark Knight part 2 and the other went with crates of comics expecting something else. It was a brilliant movie with a worthy villain and I have nothing but praise for it Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.