8.4

1. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhood imaginations reading batman comics on a big screen. It is a real great experience to watch Christopher Nolan's movie. My respect for his talent is fosteredThis is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhood imaginations reading batman comics on a big screen. It is a real great experience to watch Christopher Nolan's movie. My respect for his talent is fostered by another great work. I highly recommend people to watch this movie. Expand
  2. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the Best Movie Ever Made, Best Trilogy in history. It is Epic, Jaws Dropping, Spectacular, Brilliant Masterpiece from Mr. Christopher Nolan!!! I Want See It Again And Again!
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain the audience while developing Bruce Wayne's story into an arc of considerable emotional progression, and ultimately delivers one of the best endings to a trilogyThe Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain the audience while developing Bruce Wayne's story into an arc of considerable emotional progression, and ultimately delivers one of the best endings to a trilogy in cinema history. The focus in this outing is on Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight was a Batman movie in every sense, where as The Dark Knight Rises can be accurately described as a Bruce Wayne story. The man behind the mask coming out of retirement to face villains the likes of which he has never experienced. Bruce's personal life and trials as a newly motivated Batman coalesce into obstacles that bring out the most human sides of him. Anger, stubbornness, hope and raw determination seep out of the character, and belie the ambiguity behind the symbol of the Batman. When Bruce is wearing the mask, it feels like Bruce Wayne wearing a mask. Doing a job. A civic duty that serves as the only thing he knows will give him purpose. Batman becomes a human being, and yet the symbol grows stronger because of it. I'll stop here to avoid spoiling anything.

As far as the surrounding cast goes: Bane is the most dangerous villain in the trilogy. He's an absolute menace. He's shameless, efficient, brave and extremely good at wrecking things. His presence is electrifying. Alfred is dishing out his usual wisdom, but we see a side of him we haven't seen yet and it's beautiful. John Blake is too easy to root for. A pure hearted, inspired cop who earns his stripes in more ways than one. Gordon is a relentless warrior who shows a good old fashioned hands dirty approach to everything. A man out of place in this new Gotham, who's old style becomes necessary to bring it back from the brink, and Catwoman is a dazzling, sexy, antihero whose character development is as smooth as Bruce Wayne's. She's an absolute tour de force in this film, and one of the best characters in Nolan's Batman Universe.

This review means only to set up the expectations of tone for The Dark Knight Rises, and to excite viewers who are looking forward to seeing it. It's a masterpiece. Arguably the best Batman film ever made, and a beautiful ending to a trilogy that has set a new standard in cinema.
  4. Jul 20, 2012
    I have Watched this Movie Twice on the day of its Release that too Back to Back Shows...... After Watching this Amazing Film,I can Say Only Five Words...... Fantastic,Marvelous,Great,Epic,Awesome.....
    Christian Bale has given Best Performance As Bruce Wayne/Batman as Usual. Bane was Horrible in the film.Gary Oldman,Morgan Freeman were Nice While Anne Hathaway did a great Job... All The Credit goes to the Director Legend Christopher Nolan....Batman Entry was too good.Effects and Music were Great... Not One Everything is Perfect....It has Sensational Climax with an Epic Ending.... I Want to See it again.... Dont Miss This Movie Guys....... The Dark Knight Rises Rocks........
  5. Jul 21, 2012
    I wanna start by saying even though about 85% of the reviews are more then positive, i can't understand what the other 15% are talking about, from a writing stand point this is the best trilogy... ever, period, bar none, as for this movie, if you like a great story with twists and turns, some you can see coming and others you didn't expect, solid acting and above all else if your a batmanI wanna start by saying even though about 85% of the reviews are more then positive, i can't understand what the other 15% are talking about, from a writing stand point this is the best trilogy... ever, period, bar none, as for this movie, if you like a great story with twists and turns, some you can see coming and others you didn't expect, solid acting and above all else if your a batman fan you can't not love this movie, without giving spoilers away... seeing how batman begins starts and what bruce waynes intention was, the dark knight rises ends in a perfect way, he lives up to his goal and if you ask me thats how to end a trilogy, for those who complain its to slow paced and it feels like a cop movie that might be true if your under the age of 13... for those people... watch the crap burton movies with no plot, no investment in the characters or any kind of structure with none stop action, go watch that crap, for those with taste, class and know a good story it gets no better then this... i give the dark knight rises a 15 out of 10... yea its that good. Expand
  6. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I saw this film midnight on July 19th as part of the Dark Knight marathon, showing all three films in a row. I can honestly say this made the experience even better because it let me in on the fact that the Dark Knight trilogy is the "Star Wars" trilogy of this generation. In my eyes, a trilogy should end with no more questions, everything answered and wrapped up, with only your imagination with "what happened" next when it's all said and done, and this trilogy did just that. I only wish that the Hollywood system would produce more stories like this onto the thousands of screens across the world. Time to break down my favorite aspects of the Dark Knight Rises film. First off, the ending. Batman (Christian Bale) latches onto a nuke and starts up The Bat to take it out of Gotham before it blows, but before he does, he gives a small hint to Jim Gordon (Gary Oldman) that reveals just who Batman is to Jim, who says to himself in a chilling moment "Bruce Wayne?". Then, as Batman has the bomb safely away from the city, it blows up. In such an emotional moment of the film, you can't help by get that feeling in your throat as the Dark Knight sacrifices himself to save the city that was almost doomed. That feeling becomes stronger as Alfred (Michael Caine) stands over the grave of Bruce Wayne, and weaps. Almost in tears with what happens, your heart begins to beat a bit faster when Jim Gorden discovers a new Bat signal, as you get a small bit of confusion, a feeling takes over you...that feeling is Hope. Alfred sits down in a cafe in Italy, the same as the dream he explained earlier in the film, and looks up and smiles, you know exactly what's coming next and you cannot help but smile as it reveals Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle, happy as can be. I had cold chills throughout this ending and I couldn't control the emotion driving through my body. There could not have been a better ending to this film. Film is all about feeling something, and being almost in tears for a sad reason one minute, and then smiling and crying like a small child the next, is an indescribably feeling. It will be a long time until I feel this about a film again. Michael Caine needs to be recognized for this film. Alfred has a larger role in this film that he has in any other of the films, and it's incredible to watch. Alfred has always been the one and only person that can stand up to Bruce/Batman and get away with it. He's the voice of reason throughout the series, and the caring father figure that Bruce needed. In this film, Alfred reaches a new low in his life, having a heavy fear that Bruce will become Batman again, and end up in a grave, leaving Alfred completely alone and taking away the last person he cares about. Caine was the stand out emotional performance in this film, and when Alfred leaves Bruce in the middle of the film, an emptiness is felt until you see the familiar face again. It's been reported that Christian Bale told Christopher Nolan that he would be Batman, as long as Robin wasn't in the films. I agreed with this because it would have taken away from the main story of Bruce Wayne/Batman in the films. Or so I thought. John Blake (Joseph Gorden-Levitt) is a Gotham cop, who knows the identity of Batman and gives Bruce Wayne the push to come back. He also helps in the fight against Bane's army to save Gotham. In short, the John Blake character was a very rewarding character. But the most interesting and awesome information about John Blake is revealed in the last moments of the film, when it's revealed his legal name is Robin John Blake. I didn't think a Robin could be done right in a "real" and "gritty" film series like the Dark Knight trilogy, but I was wrong. Alright, so I'm running out of characters in this review so this is going to be a speed round of what else I liked about the film. Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle was great. Many people thought she was a poor choice for the character, but it's done so well and she brought it to life. Bane is also such a physical force on screen. What Tom Hardy is able to do with limited facial expressions is phenomenal, especially when tears fall from his eyes when it's revealed he was a protector of Talia Al Ghul. The cameo appearance of Cillian Murphy as Scarecrow was subtle but perfect. It was such a nice little touch to a film that wrapped up the full story of Batman Begins. My hat if off to you Mr. Nolan. You were able to bring the art of story telling to a new height in a system that seems to forget about it way too often. I'm excited to see what is next in the Nolan film world. I'll always remember the first time I saw this film, the last film, and the first film. This was and is the perfect trilogy. Thank you to those who told this amazing story Expand
  7. Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. As u watch it the 2nd time or the 3rd, u will be very familiar with the small characters n ur mind wont be diverted frm the emotions n action spectaclesAnyone who has seen this movie once n felt bored n overstuffed needs to watch it 2nd time. U gonna luv it, i tell u coz the first time it feels like listening to 5 hours long lecture of ur teacher at college covering upto 3 long chapters. As u watch it the 2nd time or the 3rd, u will be very familiar with the small characters n ur mind wont be diverted frm the emotions n action spectacles n most importantly the central story coz u will know how they r gonna wind up dead or disappear frm the movie. yeah too much muchness has cost this movie many negative reviews even frm diehard Nolan fans but i tell u when u watch it 2nd time, everything u dislike about this movie calling it boring will be substantially reduced. IT is the movie whre Nolan isnt only interested in character of Bruce/ Batman but also on other characters of Gotham like kids, prisoners, oppertunists, rich fortuners, dutiful cops, terrrorists, newcomers in Gotham n many many more. All these characters build up Gotham city i.e 12 million other people xcept Bruce Wayne. Nolan's intention of picturizing all the lives of people residing in Gotham City in this huge canvass of epic movie comes with a little bit price like overlong, boring n maybe even bloated coz the uninteresting portions will occupy ur mind n may even sideline the interesting portions like actions or raw emotions coz u know the better parts are there in the movie but you cant remember where. But if u watch it 2nd time u already know there r this unteresting portions or characters n hence u can focus more on the interesting ones. This movie is epic, grandest n most spectacular movie of this summer but it is also something that tests your focus, attention and patience. If u succeed in your test, the outcome is the most rewarding one you have ever received with the grand climax n the perfect ending.

Even Bane made me emotional. I dont think he is wasted at all. Before his death, he surely has his moments. Marion Cotillard is even great too. Anne Hathaway is stunning as Selina Kyle. Though a cat burgler she has her emotional side. U can see her sad facial expression and even tears during some moments in her eyes. The best performance goes to Michael Caine. Though his role is short, he gives u the necessary emotion to carryout in the movie. Christian Bale is better than the last, looked to me on par with that of Batman begins as Bruce Wayne. Joseph Gordon Levitt is pretty good. He is the most optimistic character of the movie. Action scenes r stunning especially the football stadium one. The ending is brilliant though i dont think even now Batman really lives. I think Chris hasnt made it clear he lives or not. The ending doesnt give clear answer. Its just the indication that Christopher Nolan n Christian Bale will be no more in Batman franchise.
    If u dont love this movie, then dont go to theatre to see movie again. IT just ask u for ur little patience(maybe more), focus n attention and as i said the reward will be truimph victory for you.
    A piece of advice- i found staying at the front seat as possible than at the back more enjoyable in the theatre as it enriched my viewing experience n i also had more focus/ attention and hence it didnt felt boring at all the 2nd time i watched it like the 1st time. I also have heard from some of my freinds that if u watch it more, the more u will love it. Its like a feast that u cant eat n digest at once. U will need repeated visits to fully absorb and enjoy all the stuffs in the movie when everything makes perfect sense.
  8. Jul 29, 2012
    After four years of waiting, the anticipation for The Dark Knight Rises was massive. It seemed almost an impossibility to be able to equal or greater it's predecessor. Early reviews from critics appeared to confirm my fear that it could not rise to the heights reached by The Dark Knight, but nevertheless I was present on opening day. Over the last nine days I have watched the movie threeAfter four years of waiting, the anticipation for The Dark Knight Rises was massive. It seemed almost an impossibility to be able to equal or greater it's predecessor. Early reviews from critics appeared to confirm my fear that it could not rise to the heights reached by The Dark Knight, but nevertheless I was present on opening day. Over the last nine days I have watched the movie three times and I have no hesitation in saying that it is the best superhero movie I've ever seen and one of the greatest films ever made. While TDKR may lack the presence of a character as engrossing as the Joker, the acting of Tom Hardy as Bane and Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle was excellent. This is also the best performance from Christian Bale as Batman. While TDK may have been all about the Joker, TDKR is all about Batman and the completion of his journey. TDKR definitely has the most semblance of a comic book world compared to the previous films and seeing Batman and Selina flying over Gotham in the Bat on a foggy night really visualizes this feeling. The story, which has a great mythology surrounding Bane's character and Batman's fall and ultimate rise, ties in nicely with the first movie and builds to a sensational climax and brilliant conclusion with a few surprises. The Dark Knight Rises higher than I possibly could have imagined. Go watch it. And then go watch it again. Expand
  9. Jul 31, 2012
    The best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludes everything so perfect,even though some of you didn't liked the previous movie,you will surely like this one more,because of it's intense actionThe best superhero trilogy ever!Thank you Christopher Nolan.You know how to make movies and that is seen in the last part of The Dark Knight,The Dark Knight Rises.It brings stuff from Batman Begins and The Dark Knight movies and concludes everything so perfect,even though some of you didn't liked the previous movie,you will surely like this one more,because of it's intense action scenes.For the ones who liked the last movie there is still this great character development and slow paced story.Like the last two movies The Dark Knight Rises feels realistic in almost every aspect even though it's a superhero movie.It began,it went dark and it Rose to end in an EPIC scale! Expand
  10. Jul 29, 2012
    This movie was awsome. i enjoyed every moment. its roller coster of excitement and the movie theater was full. I really hope to see more of the saga and i would be watching it.
  11. Jul 22, 2012
    Nolan wraps up his trilogy in a satisfying way, despite some glaring thematic issues. The film's production values were predictably outstanding and especially stunning in (real) IMAX. But I thought most of the anti-government/wall street/1% percent rhetoric fell flat. It just seemed clumsy and not fully realized. That being said, the film is wildly entertaining and a mostly worthyNolan wraps up his trilogy in a satisfying way, despite some glaring thematic issues. The film's production values were predictably outstanding and especially stunning in (real) IMAX. But I thought most of the anti-government/wall street/1% percent rhetoric fell flat. It just seemed clumsy and not fully realized. That being said, the film is wildly entertaining and a mostly worthy conclusion to the trilogy. Expand
  12. Aug 9, 2012
    Although it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usualAlthough it seems tantamount to treason to do so, I'll go out on a limb and say that The Dark Knight Rises is the best bat-flick yet. Begins and Knight were fine movies but both lacked a truly killer action sequence. Rises fixes that problem and has a whole slew of amazing action scenes, both vehicular and hand-to-hand. The story, whilst not as clever as Knight's, still packs the usual Nolan punch and the emotions run higher than ever as the movie unfolds. Ultimately, The Dark Knight Rises ends Nolan's Batman trilogy on a high note and secures his franchise a spot in the archives of the all time greats. Expand
  13. Aug 8, 2012
    Not as good as the first batman, much less the second Batman it is a testament to Nolan that this film is so highly criticized but would be still the best Batman film in existence if the other two didn't exist (and yes, I've seen almost every Batman film in existence, including animated ones). A great satisfactory conclusion to the trilogy and a fitting sendoff.
  14. Aug 2, 2012
    The problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plotThe problem with sequels of any sort is that an amazing amount of pressure is put on the crew to produce something better than the previous. No one will be able to display such marvelous madness than Heath Ledger did in the Dark Knight, and so Bane was a good move by Nolan to implement a different kind of villain into the movie, with a brilliant performance from Tom Hardy. Whilst the plot wasn't as well written as the Dark Knight, it was on a par with Batman Begins and was clever with interesting, though sadly foreseeable twists. However this movie was still amazing to watch with beautiful visuals and a good amount of action. Expand
  15. Jul 24, 2012
    Great stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look atGreat stuff. I certainly couldn't think of a better way to finish a trilogy, which is a very hard thing to do. Epic story, good acting and production. Something as big as this can't help but attract negativity, but please be assured that it is a great effort. And remember, this is modern myth-making! These stories are our morality plays, our tales of gods and monsters. Please don't look at it as just a crime thriller or you will find implausibility! And Anne Hathaway. If I had any, I'd change my religious beliefs Expand
  16. Jul 30, 2012
    I heard from every critic I follow that the movie was good, but not great, and I must say that I disagree with those critics. all the plot inconsistencies they found, I did not. the movie has a kick-ass final act, and although Bane is not the Joker, I think he's still a scary and interesting villain.
  17. Jul 30, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy and is indeed one of the best superhero movies to be made in 2012. Rivaling even the great Avengers movie, TDKR provides closure to a series that is rightfully deserves. Surely you will not be disappointed with the storyline, music, atmosphere and the way some of the characters from the first two were depicted. You will notThe Dark Knight Rises concludes Christopher Nolan's batman trilogy and is indeed one of the best superhero movies to be made in 2012. Rivaling even the great Avengers movie, TDKR provides closure to a series that is rightfully deserves. Surely you will not be disappointed with the storyline, music, atmosphere and the way some of the characters from the first two were depicted. You will not regret the choice of watching this movie as this movie provides a similar storyline progression as Batman begins but provides the action sequences and structure of TDK. Expand
  18. Jul 29, 2012
    Du début à la fin, ce film est tout simplement excellent. Pas un seul temps mort, les acteurs sont brillants, la bande originale est magnifique. Le seul bémol concerne le doublage de Marion Cotillard en français, qu'elle effectue elle-même. Ce n'est pas sa spécialité, ça lui donne une voix nasillarde, il aurait été plusDu début à la fin, ce film est tout simplement excellent. Pas un seul temps mort, les acteurs sont brillants, la bande originale est magnifique. Le seul bémol concerne le doublage de Marion Cotillard en français, qu'elle effectue elle-même. Ce n'est pas sa spécialité, ça lui donne une voix nasillarde, il aurait été plus intelligent de laisser une doubleuse professionnelle le faire. Mais ça n'entache en rien ce film. Un must-have ! Expand
  19. Aug 1, 2012
    To put it simply, Nolan masterfully concluded the story arc he began in Batman Begins. I found the acting to be 100% top notch and the score and camera work are as impeccable as always. The plot has some great twists and I left the theater with a smile on my face. Great movie!
  20. Jul 21, 2012
    Great film from start to finish. Fitting ending to a awesome superhero trilogy. All the actors stepped up and really delivered a great performance. Wish it wasn't the last one, but like all things, it must come to an end.
  21. Sep 2, 2012
    The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale,The plot of the film is not very complex but is the way in which it was structured that makes the whole magnificent. I loved how they were treated the characters and each plays a primary role in the film (including Joseph Gordon-Levitt, who I thought he would have a marginal role but ...). They talked about all the characters without skipping one. Fantastic as always Christian Bale, Michael Cayne (including I loved their relation as if they were their own family), Gary Oldam and all the actors of the original cast. Of the new entries I absolutely adored Anne Hathaway in the role of Selina Kyle where it was very good and I have to say maybe even better than Michelle Pfeiffer. Then Tom Hardy who plays Bane was formidable. Him, because of the mask, had to play with eyes and it was fabulous. In his eyes he read the intelligence of Bane (not like Batman and Robin) and looking at him he seemed to be always thinking of a strategy. Wonderful action scenes that, with marvelous special effects, leaves the audience speechless. The other things that surprised me were all the metaphors used in the film that you can not help but see and I liked a lot. I must say that some hole in the script there but nothing that bothers. One thing that some said is that in the film the time passed too quickly, which is not true because if you listen to the movie you can see how time has passed and you realize that there was a time jump to the plot. So for me the film is truly a masterpiece and would recommend to everyone, fan or not, going to see it because it's worth it. Expand
  22. Jul 28, 2012
    I went into the movie well aware of some of the criticisms that people had, and honestly... I just don't agree with them. I loved the movie, and I came out of the theater very satisfied with what Nolan has done with this Batman trilogy. TDKR really takes the Batman story full circle - it's plot really keys off of the events of Batman Begins (and TDK to a minor extent).

I don't really

I don't really understand a lot of the negative reactions. For example, a lot of people seem to dislike Bane in this movie. I thought he was wonderfully memorable - sure, he never quite captured the terrifying presence that Ledger's Joker did, but did anyone really expect him too? Ledger's performance was one of a kind. Considering that Hardy had to try and follow up his brilliance, I commend him for making Bane quite memorable in his own way. (I also had no problems understanding what he was saying).

Hathaway does a great job as Catwoman as well, all those who berated Nolan for casting her should be ashamed that they failed to trust him yet again.

I also don't understand why people complained that the villains had "no motivation". While normally I understand this criticism very well, I don't understand it in context of the movie. I understood what Bane was doing and why, and when the big plot twist (you'll know what I'm talking about if you've seen it) came along, I understood the motivations even better. Suffice it to say, if you understood the motivations of the villains of the first Batman film, then you'll understand those of this film - because they are THE SAME.

At 2 hours and 45 minutes, the move is definitely long - I can understand some of the complaints there. But for my part, I never felt that it collapsed under it's own weight as many said it did. The story is not as singularly focused as TDK's was - there's a lot of different things going on here more than just the Joker. Nolan is trying to resolve not only the issues brought up in this movie, but also trying to bring the entire trilogy to a close. As I said, the movie has a LOT of tiebacks to the first Batman film, and Nolan really brings the entire trilogy full circle. Obviously, he's going to have to take a lot more time to do so. In my opinion, he manages to keep events interesting and the plot moving - there's never a point where you think "ok, let's have something happen." Things are happening the entire movie. Nolan's action scenes, as always, are exciting. He understands that it's important to be able to follow what's happening - no shaky camera crap, and no blurry, lightspeed, can't see what's going on CG.

There was some criticism also about the political undertones of the movie - specifically those that took aim at socialism and the Occupy Wall Street movement. It is there, but it never really overshadows the movie. This movie is most definitely about Batman/Bruce Wayne and his journey. I don't know if people got rankled because they identify with the OWS movement (or with socialism), and didn't appreciate what they thought the movie was trying to say (honestly I'm not sure if the movie really took a stance, because ultimately Bane's goals have nothing to do with an OWS-like movement). I don't know why people would be offended by a movie that shows mobs trashing a city and dispensing it's "justice" upon people simply because they have move than they do, as wrong. Because it is wrong, and if Nolan really was trying to put a little message in there, then I applaud him for criticizing the "99%" mentality, because he shows what that mentality turns into when taken to the extreme. But like I said - the movie really ultimately isn't about that.

I could write a lot more, but I think I covered most of what I felt about the criticism. I see a potential for people to dislike some of the twists and wrinkles of the ending, but, I guess that's just up to personal taste. Personally, I loved the implications of the last 10 minutes of the movie. (hopefully they don't make a sequel and ruin it) Overall, ti was a fantastic and memorable way to end what has been one of the best trilogies I've had the pleasure to see. Certainly will be one of my favorites for a long time.
  23. Jul 28, 2012
    Epic and elegant end of this great saga composed by Christopher Nolan. Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Marion Cotillard stand out with their great performances. As for the story I like the concept of "Saving a city not worth saving."
  24. Sep 3, 2012
    This is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (finalThis is NOT a cinematographic legend or a myth. All the same, it is a great conclusion of a wonderful trilogy with all the Nolanesque style we're used to (deep characters, good photography, memorable script). I enjoyed it a lot and surely will watch it again. However, I was a bit disappointed by Marion Cotillard's character and her performance, as well as by some minor elements (final scenes, a bit of cliches in Zimmer's music that resemble Inception). Michael Caine FTW! Expand
  25. Sep 4, 2012
    What can I say. One of THE best superhero films out there, and most definitely a definitive way to end a brilliant trilogy. Can't recommend it more. Fight sequences were great if unflinching, and the story had many inventive twists to it. The dark Knight Rises ever higher.
  26. Jul 29, 2012
    A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Are the exact words to describe this film, I have reviewed many other films, but this is the first time I have ever given a ten score for a film. I was excited for this film, until I saw that Anne Hathaway was going to play catwoman (who is my favorite super hero/antihero of ll time). Although she one of my favorite actresses , I just didn't think she fit the role, but when IA-M-A-Z-I-N-G Are the exact words to describe this film, I have reviewed many other films, but this is the first time I have ever given a ten score for a film. I was excited for this film, until I saw that Anne Hathaway was going to play catwoman (who is my favorite super hero/antihero of ll time). Although she one of my favorite actresses , I just didn't think she fit the role, but when I saw the film, I give her an A+++. I loved seeing batman struggle, and the reveal of characters and the twist at the end, a definite must see. You wont be disappointed. Expand
  27. Oct 15, 2012
    Definitely the best Hollywood film of summer 2012. The movie is cerebral for those who appreciate depth, but contains enough action and violence to entertain the masses. Superb acting & a solid script, all against the fittingly-dreary landscape of Pittsburgh, make this a masterpiece. All of this from someone who generally dislikes comic book/superhero movies.
  28. Aug 19, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, simply put, was pure genius. Noland really pulled it off amazingly. He took the dark grittiness of the comic books and conveyed it like no other director has. I've noticed a lot of reviews such as people being annoyed that there is no way he could have escaped the bomb. I get that this is a large plot hole, for those of you that don't know batman. If you did, you would know that plot holes like this are what make the batman franchise. Batman is entity of mystery and pique human physique, i get that just anyone couldn't have survived it, but Batman is, and forever shall be, a superhero. This means he is able to pull off super human feats. They are not explained because giving away everything would make Batman lose his super quality. Another review i read stated that they didn't like the fact that Robin was basically useless. I think what people fail to realize is that it is essential for Robin to feel useless. This later will fuel his desire to make a difference, to don his balaclava and become more than just a cop, just a man, but more than a man. He will become a symbol, whether as Robin or as Nightwing, it is essential that he must feel powerless in order to feel like he needs to change to make a difference. We must remember that this is a superhero movie, making things like resetting a vertebrae what makes Batman "super". Bane was on par with Joker as a super villain. It represented what was most dangerous about Bane, not his muscles, not his addiction to venom, but his tactical mind. This was dumbed down in previous Batman movies but this does an excellent job portraying it. This movie also included the depth the villains are willing to go to achieve their goals. Raz;s daughter infiltrated Wayne Enterprises in order for her plan to come to fruition. Its dedication like that that is making it worth while to destroy Gotham. Great Movie! Expand
  29. Jul 28, 2012
    Again, like the dark knight, this is a spectacular movie. It's insanely good, It's at least as good as the dark knight, it may even be better, but I'm not sure, the dark knight has the joker, which is not just the best villain, but was portrayed incredibly well by Heath Ledgers, he was a brilliant actor. But there was some great acting in this film, like Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. TheAgain, like the dark knight, this is a spectacular movie. It's insanely good, It's at least as good as the dark knight, it may even be better, but I'm not sure, the dark knight has the joker, which is not just the best villain, but was portrayed incredibly well by Heath Ledgers, he was a brilliant actor. But there was some great acting in this film, like Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne. The action is immensely tense and exciting to watch, it has a very interesting plot that has a few shocking twists, a good, well-written dialogue, and yes, it has a very satisfying ending. It totally deserves a 10/10! Expand
  30. Aug 15, 2012
    This is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight RisesThis is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight Rises was awesome and never had any slight boredom while watching this film. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.