8.4

1. Aug 1, 2012
    Awesome, during the first hour of the movie, I was a bit disapointed but then all goes on, we can see everything, it's clear, this is an Amazing movie.
    Nolan puts us in a world of chaos, all shall thrill.
  2. Jul 20, 2012
    Amazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway are really cool, the rest of the cast is very amazing. The movie is awesome, have a great end and yes is one of the best moviesAmazing really, Nolan close one of the best superhero sagas of all the time, that have amazing performances, the story and the development is really amazing. The performance of Christian Bale is really awesome, and the two new villians Tom Hardy and Anne Hathaway are really cool, the rest of the cast is very amazing. The movie is awesome, have a great end and yes is one of the best movies of this year. Expand
  3. Jul 20, 2012
    A Master Piece .
    That is how thing will end up if terrorist show up , A Legend will born Consist alot of fighting then Dark Knight
    And also more then Begin. This is how a movie should be! With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special effect. Rise contain about 9 TV SPOT ( Trailer ) but don worry to watch them! They are all in the beginning , like in the early 30 minute. Prepare to
    A Master Piece .
    And also more then Begin.
    This is how a movie should be!
    With a nice soundtrack and a Brilliant special effect.
    Rise contain about 9 TV SPOT ( Trailer ) but don worry to watch them!
    They are all in the beginning , like in the early 30 minute.
    Prepare to be AMAZED !
    After watching it , Avenger kinda look like a teenage movie.
  4. Jul 23, 2012
    You have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jaw dropping, and Tom Hardy as Bane is absolutely terrifying. The supporting cast is remarkable, especially Michael Caine who gives one of his greatestYou have to respect that Chistopher Nolan was hesitant about returning to the batman franchise unless he came up with a satisfactory ending. He did. From the opening scene to the final shot, the pace never falters, the set pieces are jaw dropping, and Tom Hardy as Bane is absolutely terrifying. The supporting cast is remarkable, especially Michael Caine who gives one of his greatest performances to date. The ending is simply incredible, every character gets a great end to their story arc, (especially Joseph Gordon-Levitt), and there is a total sense of closure, no loose threads, no plot holes, just complete closure. While some might find Bane a slightly less engaging villain than Heath's Joker, the movie itself, too me at least, easily takes the title of the greatest super hero film in not only the Nolan trilogy, but one of the absolutely greatest films ever made. Expand
  5. Aug 15, 2012
    This is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight RisesThis is the best summer blockbuster film of 2012 and I predicted nothing different. The direction, the story, the writing, and the action kept you wondering what would happen next for the 165 minutes of the film. I have seen both Avatar and The Dark Knight Rises which are both highly acclaimed films that run for 2 hours and 45 minutes and I was bored from Avatar, but the Dark Knight Rises was awesome and never had any slight boredom while watching this film. Expand
  6. Jul 23, 2012
    This movie is great. It has its boring moments but for the most part, it never ever lets down. Only fools will think this movie is good, dummies will think its ok and complete morons will hate it. Rise out of your seat and go see the Dark Knight Rises, now!!!
  7. Aug 2, 2012
    Easily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himselfEasily the best film of the year so far, The Dark Knight Rises manages to reach its insanely high expectations and delivers a brilliant conclusion to the best superhero film trilogy ever made (in my opinion anyway). Despite the plot taking place 8 years after the events of The Dark Knight, there is still a fluid continuity of the first two films here which is great, Christian Bale himself has described TDKR as a blend of Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and he is right. The Performances in this film are brilliant as always. Christian Bale is great as the older crippled Bruce Wayne and is still awesome when he becomes the Batman again. Michael Cain is brilliant as Alfred once again despite having less screen time than he did in the other films which was disappointing but seeing how many things needed to be resolved in this film, it was probably necessary. Morgan Freeman and Gary Oldman also give brilliant performances once again. The new cast members also do a great job, the most notable are definitely Anne Hathaway as Selina Kyle/Catwoman and of course Tom Hardy as Bane. The Character of Catwoman is nailed brilliantly and fits in Chris Nolans Batman universe perfectly. Despite all the preparation required to get in the role and having to wear a mask the whole time, Tom Hardy managed to give a fantastic performance as Bane, his brilliant voice and the spectacular expressions he can deliver with just his eyes is just awesome, and while it doesn't match Heath Ledgers performance as The Joker, he is still amazing to watch. The action in this film is the best it has ever been! Chris Nolan has always had a thing for practical effects over special effects and it has paid off, the scope and size of some of the action pieces are outstanding and highlight just how brilliant a film maker Chris Nolan is. Han Zimmer does the soundtrack once again and while I wouldn't say it is his best work, this film still has some awesome music. There are some flaws, some loose ends from The Dark Knight were not even brought up in this film which I found a little annoying but in the context of what does happen, they don't really matter. I was also a tiny bit disappointed with how Banes Character ark was resolved, what happened did work but I felt like it could have been done a bit better. The films few flaws are not reasons to give it anything lower than a 10 though, this is one of those cases where the good is so good it trumps the bad in every way. Amazing acting, brilliant writing, fantastic directing all come together to give The Dark Knight trilogy the ending it deserved, it will stay with you long after you walk out of the cinema and the ending will likely be the subject of many conversations to come. Is it better than The Dark Knight? That's a tough one because I have seen The Dark Knight many more times than I have seen TDKR and they both have different tones and themes so it's really down to a matter of opinion. It's rare the third act of a superhero trilogy gets it right but to say that The Dark Knight Rises "got it right" is a huge understatement. You simply have to see this film, Chris Nolan has done it again. Expand
  8. Aug 14, 2012
    Nolan has made an absolute masterpiece on an epic scale. It may not be as good as the Dark Knight and doesn't have a performance like Ledgers, but it is far superior to every other movie out there.
  9. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises, the last film in the Christopher Nolan franchise, certainly lives up to the incredibly high standard set by the film's predecessor The Dark Knight. The incredibly detailed story has you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. With outstanding performances from every member of the cast this film is truly the best superhero films ever made.
  10. Jul 21, 2012
    This movie is the ending this series deserved. It was nearly flawless in every level of its execution, and it played as smoothly as the Dark Knight without question. The acting was not quite on par, but that is easily overlooked in the face of the rest of the elements of the film. Tom Hardy was superb as Bane, albeit he will undoubtedly and unfairly be compared to Heath Ledger'sThis movie is the ending this series deserved. It was nearly flawless in every level of its execution, and it played as smoothly as the Dark Knight without question. The acting was not quite on par, but that is easily overlooked in the face of the rest of the elements of the film. Tom Hardy was superb as Bane, albeit he will undoubtedly and unfairly be compared to Heath Ledger's untouchable Joker performance. Every other new addition did a wonderful job, and each was marvelously cast. Anne Hathaway brought a life to the Selina Kyle character that has not been seen in a Batman film to date. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is top-notch, as usual, as young cop John Blake. Gary Oldman is near his very best as Gordon in a role that finds him acting a little outside what has become normal for his character. The action scenes and fight scenes are off the charts amazing, and the plot will absorb you from the opening sequence. The only thing I was not thrilled with was a few scenes where Nolan decided that life-or-death was to be put on hold for less important endeavors. There are some slow parts, but they play slow in a Nolanesque way, so they are still very watchable. The final scenes of the movie are unbelievable and will take your breath away. Plot twists, as they are, will blow your mind and you will wonder, as did I, how Chris Nolan could feel that giving his series a finale after three movies was the best option. If anyone should keep directing Batman films, it is this man. Expand
  11. Jul 24, 2012
    Wow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's KyleWow, The Dark Knight Rises did an amazing job of closing out Chris Nolan's amazing interpretation of the Caped Crusader. The action is top notch, the plot: stunning, and the direction simply spectacular. The cast delivers amazing performances all around, and Michael Caine's Alfred will pull on your heartstrings in nearly every scene. The interpretations of Hardy's Bane and Hathaway's Kyle are nearly perfect in Nolan's Gotham, with the former posing an intimidating, true rival to Bruce Wayne, and the latter a The breakout star though is Joseph Gordon-Levitt, not gonna say much there but you'll see. The film does take some time "to get in the swing of things", but the setup ultimately enhances the stunning climax of the film and possibly the entire series. Truly an entertaining, edge-of-your-seat, deeply layered, action-packed, emotional thrill-ride that cements Batman's legacy as well of all involved. I recommend repeat viewings so that you can fill in some of those "plot-holes" people keep mentioning IMAX if you can, definitely worth it. Those last few minutes - I don't think I've ever seen a better ending to a film, hyperbole and all. Expand
  12. Aug 13, 2012
    If I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks toIf I was to call The Dark Knight (2008) a cinematic masterpiece then what would The Dark Knight Rises be? I call it the best superhero film ever made and a more than fitting end to the TDK trilogy that Christopher Nolan has formed. After the death of Rachel in TDK Bruce has hung up his cape and hides away in his manor. With Dent dead criminals are now locked up quicker than ever thanks to the Harvey Dent protocol established by Jim Gordon. However one man knows the secret about Dent, a terrorist by the name of Bane. Bane reveals the truth about Dent thereby setting free all of Gotham's prisoners. Batman must once again rise to the challenge and stop this madman calling for allies of the likes of Catwoman, Robin and his massive armoury that he has amassed over the year for a fight that will bring both you and Gotham City to its knees. Expand
  13. Jul 20, 2012
    The critics picked this film apart, but it was a thoroughly satisfying end to the best trilogy of the past decade. 2.5 hours well spent by me thanks to 4 years well spent by Christopher Nolan and company.
  14. Jul 25, 2012
    The best superhero movie ever. The hands down best movie of the year... 10/10. Bane is an awesome villain, the ending is the best I've ever seen, and this is hands down the best superhero movie ever.
  15. Jul 23, 2012
    An absolutely breathtaking end to an amazing trilogy. Without spoiling anything, I was left with a tear in my eye, lump in my throat and goose bumps all over towards the final scenes in this movie. Ignore the negative reviews, there are faults with everything if you look for them hard enough. Go and see this movie and make up your own conclusion, you owe it to yourself.
  16. Sep 17, 2012
    To call this movie breathtaking would be an insult, as this movie is so much more. This is the stuff William Lincoln was dreaming of back in 1867 when he watched moving drawings rush by through a simple slit cut into a spinning wheel. This film is the trophy of the American film industry's undisputed triumph in the art.
    From some reason I saw the main engineering of this film as a
    From some reason I saw the main engineering of this film as a parallel with the human need to invent a god and live and die by its terms. Desynthesizing our responsibilities by use of a third party. Everyone is always looking for a leader to give them a tune to march to. Good or bad. So long as there is a tune, there are always willing participants.
    Batman must make a come back, not just to answer to himself, and tie-in the plot of the previous film, but most importantly because people are at a loss after knowing of his existence. Which begs me to wonder: We are all assuming there is a guy sitting comfortably upstairs pulling cords, but what if we really truly knew? As with Batman, we'd be demanding this guy get back to business and do it as we demand him to. After all, his decisions are our lives.
    But let's look at it from another point of view. The bad guy, Bane, also has followers. Hordes of maniacs looking for blind faith to provide them juice out of their vacant existence. Reminding me a bit of a lot of terrorist ideologies. The propagation of a bad idea is often better than having no ideas at all. Check with our past historical dictators to confirm my suspicions.
    "You must do it without a rope." No one could forget those lines. The true motivator of human evolution. Because when it comes down to it, there is no large human accomplishment that has ever been performed with a safety net. Leaps must be made with blind faith. Something takes place in the universe when there is full commitment in place... Notice that I did use 'blind faith' here as well as I used it in the previous paragraph about evil. Because faith works both ways. The flip side of a coin by the name of 'hope.'
    The true lesson Batman delivers here after reconquering his own faith is that humanity must learn to fight its own battles with individually instilled hope and determination. Allow me to explain...
    This one book you might have heard of, the Bible, has a somewhat similar story. It's about an unassuming guy that shows up to perform acts no other man could ever fathom. And when he gets everyone's attention, he tells them that they too can do the same if they only believed. Of course, they think he is nuts. Everyone always misses the moral of the story. The reason why Batman has to go away, as did the guy in the Bible... Witnessing greatness is clear proof that we are all part of it. It's already within each one of us. And it's ok to move forward alone. We all find the way. So long as we have faith.
  17. Jul 26, 2012
    Upon watching this the second time around I was absolutely clear that this was truly a worthy and beautiful way to conclude Nolan's Bat Saga! A few minor plot holes here and there, but overall I was very satisfied as a reader of the comics and as a film enthusiast. Its an emotional roller coaster showing one of the world's most beloved heroes go through hell and back. It truly is somethingUpon watching this the second time around I was absolutely clear that this was truly a worthy and beautiful way to conclude Nolan's Bat Saga! A few minor plot holes here and there, but overall I was very satisfied as a reader of the comics and as a film enthusiast. Its an emotional roller coaster showing one of the world's most beloved heroes go through hell and back. It truly is something to be marvelled. Brave Mr. Nolan. Bravo! Expand
  18. Jul 21, 2012
    This film was what superhero movies should be like. The allegory of Bane as liberalism in America and Batman as conservatism was freaking awesome. It made the film a masterpiece. There is one qualm I have though. Bane's voice sounded like Jonas Venture from the Venture Bros. meets Sean Connery. That was a little cheesy. Otherwise, this was the best film of the year to date.
  19. Jul 31, 2012
    HEY EVERYBODY!. No spoilers. Yes, the story has many flaws, Yes, the character development could be better. Maybe, Nolan rushed the film a little bit. But hey, The Dark Knight Rises is still the epic conclusion. Enjoy every second of it.
  20. Jul 23, 2012
    This is a must-see movie. The Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie of 2012. The Avengers and a bunch of films pale when compared to The Dark Knight Rises. Christopher Nolan is a very good story teller. The cast and the whole crew did a splendid job. Some moviegoers have doubts about Anne Hathaway but I think she's better than all right. The movie started with tense actions,This is a must-see movie. The Dark Knight Rises is probably the best movie of 2012. The Avengers and a bunch of films pale when compared to The Dark Knight Rises. Christopher Nolan is a very good story teller. The cast and the whole crew did a splendid job. Some moviegoers have doubts about Anne Hathaway but I think she's better than all right. The movie started with tense actions, followed by smooth plots, and then climbed all the way up with non-stop, fast-paced, tense, exciting, breathless actions and plots till the very end of the movie. The Dark Knight Rises is also the best of the Batman trilogy. This is the movie you don't want to miss. Don't wait until DVD/BD is released. Catch it in the theater now. Expand
  21. Jul 31, 2012
    This is one of the best movies in this year the stroyline isnt boring and very good all the other films arent so good true story bros my english is bad i know sorry (swiss)
  22. Aug 6, 2012
    What I Like To Call
    Movie Of The Year
  23. Jul 21, 2012
    I will conform that there will be no full review for The Dark Knight Rises. All I will say is, I have never been emotionally captured be any film that I have ever seen. The Dark Knight Rises was the first to do so. After the credits started rolling down the screen, I was absolutely speechless. I have never been this emotionally attached to a film ever. TDKR is the best film I have ever hadI will conform that there will be no full review for The Dark Knight Rises. All I will say is, I have never been emotionally captured be any film that I have ever seen. The Dark Knight Rises was the first to do so. After the credits started rolling down the screen, I was absolutely speechless. I have never been this emotionally attached to a film ever. TDKR is the best film I have ever had the privilege of viewing. Enormous way to end such an epic trilogy. Expand
  24. Jul 27, 2012
    Desde el inicio uno se queda maravillado por el personaje Bane, y creo que Nolan no pudo elegir mejor enemigo para cerrar la saga de la mejor manera. Una obra maravillosa de comienzo a fin que no tiene un segundo de desperdicio. Todos los actores cumplen con creces su rol y mas! Se transformara en un clásico del cine que nadie puede dejar de ver seas fan o no.
  25. Jul 21, 2012
    A masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow allA masterpiece of a film and hugely enjoyable. It's a fitting end to what is arguably one of the best superhero series. Nolan has consistently delivered dark, thrilling films, with the villains menacing. I personally preferred this over The Dark Knight simply because I felt Heath Ledger as the Joker was overpowering. His performance was amazing no doubt, but it just seemed to overshadow all of the other performances. In here, the film's roles were split almost evenly between Batman and Bane and there was surprising twists - usually such things are predictable but I didn't see them coming. Bane's great too, although I couldn't take him seriously with the way he spoke. It was apparent he wasn't one to mess with when you saw his superhuman strength. An amazing film, well worth a watch. Expand
  26. Jul 29, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. THIS REVIEW MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS :This movie is great I really enjoyed this movie you don't need joker you have bane tom hardy did an amazing job yeah I was really pissed you can barely understand bane but he was the prefect villain to test batman's strength ,agility and heart I was shocked that Miranda was actually Ra's al Ghu daughter but I was really confused when batman was supposedly dead and he was in the cafe with catwomen but I when I saw it again and noticed he got of the bat before it exploded with the bomb that bane was thinking of using to destroy Gotham I think their is going to be a robin movie because it finished with John Blake finding the bat cave so I don't know we will see Expand
  27. Jul 24, 2012
    Everything about this film is spectacular! Christopher Nolan is pure genius when it comes to film making. The casting was brilliant as well. I hope the shooting in Colorado doesn't cause people not to go because of how excellent this movie is.
  28. Aug 22, 2012
    Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film,Let me begin the review with this statement: THIS IS THE BEST SUPERHERO FILM MADE SO FAR! I know a lot of people are going to disagree with me because of the Dark Knight and the idiots are going to call the Avengers the best film but forget it, they're just idiots. I have been waiting since 2008 and have watched the first two films almost a hundred times and after watching this third film, I can clearly say that it was worth waiting for! The amount of anticipation and that hype it created was too enormous and it all got paid off. Nobody has ever made superhero films like Christopher Nolan, hence this trilogy is the best superhero trilogy. The acting, the direction, the screenplay, the cinematography, the production design, the costumes, the CGIs, the great cast and not releasing it in 3D being one of the most important things; everything about this film was flawless. Moving on to this film, the epic conclusion, I have no words to explain how happy I felt after watching it. Christian Bale's performance as Batman was mesmerizing as ever. And the way Tom Hardy performed as Bane was just astounding, he kept me terrified throughout the film especially after taking over Gotham city. Another important thing to notice was Bane's character, I read somewhere a couple of days ago that it is a superhero film without a superhero, and this is correct. This film focused more on Bane and the Gotham city. Another interesting part was when Bane actually broke Batman's back and sent him to prison, and then Batman rises again and comes back to save his city, that bit was too awesome. Anne Hathaway shined as Catwoman, I liked her performance as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt's. Every single person in this film did more than amazing and turned it into a masterpiece. Hats off to Christopher Nolan for giving us a masterpiece, a trilogy that would be remembered for centuries. I would really like if this film gets all the big nominations in the Academy Awards and actually wins the Best Picture. This would be the best thing ever! Expand
  29. Jul 29, 2012
    one of the finest films in many years, tom hardy plays an amazing role as bane and the addition of catwomen only make it better.
  30. Jul 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan reúne en The Dark Knight Rises el alma y la razón de ser de Batman Begins, y la energía y la oscuridad de The Dark Knight en este capítulo final del héroe de Ciudad Gótica. A Christian Bale, mejor que nunca (¿acaso quedan dudas qué su interpretación es la mejor?), le toca ser más Bruce Wayne que nuncaChristopher Nolan reúne en The Dark Knight Rises el alma y la razón de ser de Batman Begins, y la energía y la oscuridad de The Dark Knight en este capítulo final del héroe de Ciudad Gótica. A Christian Bale, mejor que nunca (¿acaso quedan dudas qué su interpretación es la mejor?), le toca ser más Bruce Wayne que nunca dejando muy de lado el personaje de Batman, a quien el relato lo interpreta todo el tiempo cómo el símbolo qué es de justicia y esperanza, motivos por los cuales fue creado en la primera película.

31. Jul 28, 2012
    Incredible. This is really what you call entertainment. While watching this I truly experienced something I have never experienced before. You could call it a movie orgasm. Through it's glorious 164 minute run time I went through phases of anger, anxiety, happiness, and sadness. Tom Hardy does not match the performance of Heath Ledger, but I don't think anyone expected that anyway. He wasIncredible. This is really what you call entertainment. While watching this I truly experienced something I have never experienced before. You could call it a movie orgasm. Through it's glorious 164 minute run time I went through phases of anger, anxiety, happiness, and sadness. Tom Hardy does not match the performance of Heath Ledger, but I don't think anyone expected that anyway. He was brilliant as Bane, providing a chilling and more powerful replacement for the Joker. The rest of the outstanding cast was brilliant as well, including Anne Hathaway, who I was previously concerned with not being able to fit the character of catwoman. Hans Zimmer does a brilliant job with the sound. This in my opinion is what brought the movie that extra step in providing its astonishing intensity, and climaxes. The storyline was masterfully written; I expected no less. If you want a movie that provides every single penny spent for those pricey theater tickets, look no further. Expand
  32. Aug 15, 2012
    'Rises' doesn't quite live up to the legacy of the film by which all superhero films are compared to (TDK) but delivers enough spectacle, emotional depth, epic scope to Nolan's Universe and brooding tone to define itself proudly as the operatic final chapter to a trilogy which masterfully leaped beyond the apparent boudaries of a comic-book film. Nolan's changed things - forever.
  33. Jul 22, 2012
    Amazing Movie. Each Cast Member delivers. Anne Hathaway was an awesome, sexy, powerful cat women. Christian Bale was again an amazing, my favorite batman. Gary Oldman you think was living his role for many years he did such great job. Not knowing of Bane before this movie, Tom Hardy brought in the new character and put Bane Up there on the villain list under Heath Ledgers Joker. This movieAmazing Movie. Each Cast Member delivers. Anne Hathaway was an awesome, sexy, powerful cat women. Christian Bale was again an amazing, my favorite batman. Gary Oldman you think was living his role for many years he did such great job. Not knowing of Bane before this movie, Tom Hardy brought in the new character and put Bane Up there on the villain list under Heath Ledgers Joker. This movie was very long but it was never boring, needed the time to end the trilogy. Go And Watch This Movie! Expand
  34. Aug 1, 2012
    Marvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and MarionMarvel finally gets a great superhero trilogy. The movie may not get the feeling that it's predecessor gave, because it is the final installement of the franchise, and it is the darkest and longest of them all. The acting was great. Christian Bale as usual a great Bruce Wayne/Batman and the new cast also delivers thrills. Tom Hardy is the perfect Bane and had a great storyline and Marion Cotillard as a sexy yet misterious Miranda Tate. But the biggest surprise was Anne Hathaway, who is the best Catwoman on screen. She is Christopher Nolan's Selena Kyle/Catwoman, which means she will be a faithful version to the comics and although I don't read comic books i think she captures her personality. Her development as a character is also interesting and I would like for her to have a solo movie, directed by Christopher Nolan.
    A satysfying conclusion to a trilogy that has three movies critically acclaimed by die-hard fans and critics, thanks to Christopher Nolan,an excelent director.
  35. Jul 26, 2012
    did you know why this movie is awesome?? BECAUSE IS BATMAN!!!!
  36. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. if you go in the theaters with a view to watch something better than 'the dark knight' , you would be disappointed . But if you go in to watch a super-hero flick you will be amazed with the sheer magnificent ride and would love the movie overall. Better than 'batman begins' and as close to the 'the dark knight' as any super hero flick can go. definitely a must watch for batman fans and a glorified end to a miracle called 'batman- begins' Expand
  37. Jul 26, 2012
    SUPERB! EPIC!. Joker is still the best villain, and I have a gut feel that Christopher Nolan would have made a Joker sequel if there's someone who could match the performance of Heath Ledger. But then, this movie is EPIC! With its perfect presentation, perfect blend of intense action and well crafted story, I ALMOST FORGOT THE JOKER while watching this movie. I recommend watching BatmanSUPERB! EPIC!. Joker is still the best villain, and I have a gut feel that Christopher Nolan would have made a Joker sequel if there's someone who could match the performance of Heath Ledger. But then, this movie is EPIC! With its perfect presentation, perfect blend of intense action and well crafted story, I ALMOST FORGOT THE JOKER while watching this movie. I recommend watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight again. Thank you Christopher Nolan for another great movie! THIS IS A CLEAN SLATE! Expand
  38. Jul 21, 2012
    I feel sorry for the unemotional moron's that can't see where this movie is coming from. I sat there in the theater locked to my seat, and when the entire auditorium started getting tears, none of us stopped getting them until the very end. Half of the people I heard coming out of the theater each said they didn't expect this to be an emotional movie, but I don't think anyone questionedI feel sorry for the unemotional moron's that can't see where this movie is coming from. I sat there in the theater locked to my seat, and when the entire auditorium started getting tears, none of us stopped getting them until the very end. Half of the people I heard coming out of the theater each said they didn't expect this to be an emotional movie, but I don't think anyone questioned the power that this third installment had on them. The Dark Knight, no offense to Heath Ledger's memory pales in comparison to this startling epic finale. People with out a heart will complain this movie was too boring, the other half will complain there weren't enough plot points. Those out there with a balance will come away questioning whether or not they'd ever have what it takes to give all of yourself to a cause. The Dark Knight is quite literally a joke in contrast to Rises. While the Joker's "shock scene's" may have gripped your attention for the moment, Rises will keep you questioning yourself for hours after. Special effects are top notch, Bale stops trying too hard, and the supporting cast shows that even a man without a face can be a hero to somebody. We could speculate over which masked character i'm talking about, but i'll leave that for you to decide. Expand
  39. Jul 23, 2012
    One of the best endings to a trilogy in history, the first film was more like a horror, the second; crime, the third; epic. And that's exactly what the film is; epic. The set pieces are phenomenal, all the gadgets and car chases will have you excited and on the edge of your seat, plus the story is pure genius. Unlike the others, this story has a massive scope, and I wont give away what itOne of the best endings to a trilogy in history, the first film was more like a horror, the second; crime, the third; epic. And that's exactly what the film is; epic. The set pieces are phenomenal, all the gadgets and car chases will have you excited and on the edge of your seat, plus the story is pure genius. Unlike the others, this story has a massive scope, and I wont give away what it is, but unlike The Dark Knight, its massive. Bane provides a fitting villain, he's for one pretty scary and two a perfect choice for the film, his brute strength and brilliant mind provides Batman with one of his toughest villains. Tom Hardy is also very good in the role, obviously he cannot beat Heath Ledger as The Joker, but Hardy portrays Bane as sinister and an uncaring almost beast. As mentioned unlike the first two films in Nolans trilogy, this time he creates a film that you will enjoy more and more upon multiple villain, for there are so few slow scenes, the whole films is high tension and fast paced, and the budget must of inflated from the first, for if anyone has seen he trailer think that's it, believe me it not. Anne Hathaway is arguably the best Catwoman yet, she is a real femme fatale and is not the sexy Michelle Pfeiffer, but a Catwoman we really care for and can't wait to see, any of her fight scenes are almost better than Batman himself, but she fits so well in this film. She provides a sort of narrative device for the film, and if not for her other scnes would not occur. Her sub plot also fits very well, and we want to see her achieve it, and I'm so glad they put Hathaway in the final film and no other. There is obvious flaws in the film, especially where some scenes feel as if they are treading the same ground as Batman Begins, but this is only because The Dark Knight was so different to the original, but Dark Knight Rises is very different for as I mentioned this is simply an action-war-epic. And even if the middle is slower compared to the beginning and phenomenal end, the end and beginning make up for it, and the middle is still superb cinema! Something else many argue is the use of too many characters, but they really do fit, and Gordon Levitt works well as Blake, and Cotillard may seem pointless for a majority of the film, but by the end becomes a key character. Yes, there are too many characters for a final film where there should be fewer but they all get a character development. This truly is a perfect finale for one of the best trilogies of all time, and the only reason people are complaining is because the bar was set so high by The Dark Knight, but this truly is a wonderful, magnificent film full of twists and turns and a perfect, fitting ending that you will not forget. Expand
  40. Jul 21, 2012
    When i first walked into the theater to see this movie, i had read the reviews on "Rotten Tomatoes" saying that it was average and that its not really much. It had gotten an 87%. I expected this movie to be more than just an 87% and i expected it to be a huge success. This movie was more than just a success, it was simply a masterpiece and a great way to end Christopher Nolan's BatmanWhen i first walked into the theater to see this movie, i had read the reviews on "Rotten Tomatoes" saying that it was average and that its not really much. It had gotten an 87%. I expected this movie to be more than just an 87% and i expected it to be a huge success. This movie was more than just a success, it was simply a masterpiece and a great way to end Christopher Nolan's Batman saga. From the first scene with Bane until the very end, i was on the edge of my seat with my jaw wide open. This is everything viewers wanted in a finale. (and more.) In the beginning of the movie we are introduced to Bane(Played by Tom Hardy). A mercenary who was "born and raised in hell on earth". At first he didn't seem like much. just a very big muscular guy with a portable Darth Vader voice changer mask, but then his first plan goes in action and you realize how much of a bad ass he really is. Throughout the movies progression we learn more about Bane and what he is really after. We also learn that he is brutal. VERY brutal. He doesn't care about other life and is only out to fulfill his master plan. Bane stole the show. He is (in my opinion) a better villain than the joker because he is very strategical and has raw power that can literally obliterate anything in his path.
    But bane wasn't the only great new character in this saga, Catwoman(Played by Ann Hathaway) is the greatest on screen catwoman ever. Ann Hathaway portrayed this character very well and i wouldn't be surprised if she were to win awards for this memorable performance. The other two new comers (Joseph Gordon-Levitt as John Blake and Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate) were both also very well done, but Bane and Catwoman were by far the best. Cristian Bale, Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, and Morgan Freeman also gave stellar performances as there characters who they have been playing for 8 years. For me, This movie has redefined the way i see movies. It had a little bit of everything a summer blockbuster needs. Action, Adventure, Comedy, Suspense, etc. I myself found myself very satisfied with this film and so did everyone in the theater i was in. Christopher Nolan has done something no one else has. He got a hero that was once frowned upon in the film industry, thanks to previous flops, and reinvented him into an icon that can never be forgotten. He's given us, the movie goers something that people can look forward all the time without regret. He has given us a trilogy that had a great beginning, a powerful and memorable sequel, and an epic conclusion. Every Batman movie made from now on, will be compared to the saga of Christopher Nolan's greatest trilogy ever.
  41. Jul 22, 2012
    I will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible for those of you haven't seen the movie yet. This movie was definitely the perfect ending for the greatest superhero movie franchise of all time. The movie starts with batman in retirement after the Harvey Dent incident, but he then decides he must come back to stop the threat of bane. The thing I was really impressed with was howI will try to keep this review as spoiler free as possible for those of you haven't seen the movie yet. This movie was definitely the perfect ending for the greatest superhero movie franchise of all time. The movie starts with batman in retirement after the Harvey Dent incident, but he then decides he must come back to stop the threat of bane. The thing I was really impressed with was how epic the movie felt on every level. Epic fights, epic themes, epic characterization and best of all epic set-pieces. The only bad thing I can say about this movie is that the pacing is a little of in the middle of the movie, but only because they are trying to build towards the epic climax that will leave you speechless. The people in the theater I watched the movie with literally clapped when it was over, and for good reason. It was because they knew that they had just witnessed cinema greatness so go see this movie now and experience it for yourself! Expand
  42. Jul 20, 2012
    The third film in any trilogy is always very hard to judge - as it has to tie up previous plots and continue the evolution of characters to satisfy an existing audience. In this case, Dark Knight Rises is a great success. Containing plenty of nods back to the previous film, its nice to see how Bruce Waynes character evolves. Anne Hathaway is surprisingly good as Selina Kyle, in a partThe third film in any trilogy is always very hard to judge - as it has to tie up previous plots and continue the evolution of characters to satisfy an existing audience. In this case, Dark Knight Rises is a great success. Containing plenty of nods back to the previous film, its nice to see how Bruce Waynes character evolves. Anne Hathaway is surprisingly good as Selina Kyle, in a part which takes elements from Hush, The Long Halloween and Batman Year One. Tom Hardy's Bane however is quite different to the Bane we got in Knightfall (and, thankfully, Batman & Robin). Hardy is incredibly threatening as a villain, and fantastic at portraying his character through pretty much his eyes alone. It feels unfair to compare him to Ledgers Joker as both perform fantastic in their respective roles. The rest of the cast are equally good. The plot is also compelling, although much like the Dark Knight sometimes Logic is bent or straight out broken to get the film to where it needs to be. Thankfully the film justifies this moments with great set pieces and some compelling moments - Michael Caine getting the best bits to my mind. So as a conclusion to a trilogy this is in no doubt a ten for me. But as a stand alone film there are one or two plot holes and the odd clunky scene that drag it ever so slightly. Given that the first two films are excellent anyway there's no reason not to be clued in on the world that Nolan and co. have built. If you watch just one of Nolans Batman movies, go for The Dark Knight but as part of the trilogy and its conclusion this is as fantastic as the previous 2.

One thing though: I've noticed that some of the newspaper reviews criticised the politic aspects of the movie - which is bizarre as there really isn't much more than Bane using an Occupy:Gotham belief to mask his real intentions. Sure the odd comment has subtext but it has no real depth beyond the film itself. And Mitt Romney has nothing to worry about. :)
  43. Jul 21, 2012
    best superhero movie i have ever seen, maybe even best ever. highly recommend seeing it. people who gave this less than a 9 would not know a movie if it was jammed up their ass.
  44. Jul 21, 2012
    I understand the people who didn't like it cause the batman didn't come up on the screen soon and there was more Bruce Wayne than Batman but that is what I liked it wasn't like Gotham is in trouble and I'm batman they need me lets go save the people it took its time and made it feel like its been 8 years and its hard for him to go back, the performances were awesome the moments withI understand the people who didn't like it cause the batman didn't come up on the screen soon and there was more Bruce Wayne than Batman but that is what I liked it wasn't like Gotham is in trouble and I'm batman they need me lets go save the people it took its time and made it feel like its been 8 years and its hard for him to go back, the performances were awesome the moments with Alfred were great, Anne Hathaway did a great job and so did everyone else and Tom Hardy did his best with what he could with his mouth covered up.
    A really really good film overall, enjoyed the hell out of it
  45. Jul 22, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I give this movie a 10 because Metacritic won't allow me to give it a 50. The Dark Knight Rises is one of the greatest movies of all time, topping CGI snooze Avatar and maybe even, dare I say it, Citizen Kane. Christopher Nolan has given us a masterpiece. Incredible acting, pitch-perfect pace, and amazing moments I will not forget. The stadium scene is masterfully executed, and will definitely go down as one of the greatest scenes in recent memory. Bane is an imposing villain, combining the deadliness of the Scarecrow (whom is still alive and cameos here), the cunning of Rhas Al Ghul, and the sheer unforgettability of the Joker. Don't worry about the controversy surrounding Catwoman's casting; this incarnation is as seductive, manipulative, and intelligent as the rest. Finally, pay attention at the end: Nolan definitely ends the trilogy with a bang, delivering an earth-shattering plot twist that reveals a character you will never see coming. I implore you to see this film; you will not regret it. Expand
  46. Sep 4, 2012
    What should you do? As incredible as it seems, you should just sit back in the movie theater, relax and be blown away as much as I was for sure. the best movie of 2012!
  47. Jul 24, 2012
    The only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to his lowest of lows before the hero rises up and claws his way back. Tom Hardy's performance is as memorable as Heath Ledger's in The Dark Knight. AnneThe only legitimate critique is that The Dark Knight set the bar so high that this 3rd movie may have missed it ever so slightly. The film is a fantastic conclusion to the trilogy; Bane embodies terror in many forms, and brings Batman to his lowest of lows before the hero rises up and claws his way back. Tom Hardy's performance is as memorable as Heath Ledger's in The Dark Knight. Anne Hathaway does a decent job playing the coy, seductive Catwoman. The film is a three hour ensemble of drama, and stuffed with action 'til the end. Expand
  48. Jul 28, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's final installment in The Dark Knight Trilogy is his strongest. The film is a fantastic show with great writing, action, and performances. "The Dark Knight Rises" is not only a great comic book film, but a great film in general.
  49. Jul 23, 2012
    The dark knight rises is a kind of film which blows your mind ........ keeps u engaged for the entire 2 hr 45 min with its emotions and the storyline i can say that those 2 hr 45 min were the best 2 hr 45 min of my entire life nolan created another masterpiece truly an epic conclusion to the dark knight legend and i liked it even more than the dark knight this is the best movie of the year
  50. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was just everything I had anticipated for months, even more. From beginning to finish, it had me on the edge of my seat. My speculations were correct though when the events happened I was still in awe. Yes, call me a fan boy a Nolan Fan boy, but I loved this movie. The score is as always blended great with the action packed scenes. Christian Bale out does himself asThe Dark Knight Rises was just everything I had anticipated for months, even more. From beginning to finish, it had me on the edge of my seat. My speculations were correct though when the events happened I was still in awe. Yes, call me a fan boy a Nolan Fan boy, but I loved this movie. The score is as always blended great with the action packed scenes. Christian Bale out does himself as Batman and even better as Bruce Wayne. Micheal Cain and Morgan Freeman always give us astounding performances. Anne Hathaway is the best Catwoman hands down. She gives a seductive and strong performance. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of the best actors and this movie proves it. The same is said of Tom Hardy. Even if his face is covered with the mask and the one scene I didn't understand him, his body language and his eyes are menacing. The story does feel like it's rushing sometimes but still an amazing story plot very intense. Mr. Nolan you did it again nothing but praises. Expand
  51. Jul 20, 2012
    Now I see it, it sounds like batman's struggle against the Avengers. but there is no point of comparison, because batman does not compare to the movie of the advengers child.
  52. Jul 20, 2012
    Chris Nolan did it again. The dark knight rises topped the the dark knight. Rises had the best cast and best plot making for a entertaining edge of your seat summer block busting box office hit. I would recommend seeing it and i will see it again.
  53. Jul 20, 2012
    awsome movie. i was shocked at bane character ! nice plot. critical thinking. i love bruce wayne spirit. i can feel the pain.uhhh....anyway..4 years i wait for this sequel.....wow....i was so happy last nite..most of the audience clap hands at the end...thank you NOLAN..
  54. Jul 20, 2012
    Surpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus ofSurpasses the Dark Knight, a movie that stood solely on the shoulders of Ledger and was great despite it. The few who do complain I will tell you are too thick to appreciate the intricate beauty of the plot and scope of the movie (or perhaps a bit too slow to fully comprehend it) or wanted another batman that was great simply because of a great villain. Bane was not as much the focus of this one as the joker was in the Dark Knight, and the movie is better for it. Bale, Hatheway and Levitt turn in great performances and Bane is a great foil that doesn't completely steal the show. Those familiar with Bane's origins will be pleased this is a great interpretation of the character that.... let's just say doesn't miss any notes :). There is one weird twist that I cannot discuss for the purposes of spoilers that felt rather unnecessary, but it was a real treat for viewers who tire of movies that treat them like idiots Expand
  55. dst
    Jul 20, 2012
    Sensationally concludes one of the greatest trilogies of modern cinema, and gives Bruce Wayne/Batman a satisfactory ending. Despite seeming muddled, flawed and overly complex at the beginning of the film the final act brings it's entirety together spectacularly and resolves questions that were asked even in the two prior films, bring the trilogy in a fulfilling circle.
  56. Jul 20, 2012
    One word describes this movie EPIC!

The final chapter of the Dark Knight series goes out with a bang...intense actions sequences, superb acting, great soundtrack, and great story. Watched the midnight IMAX show ....totally worth the price of admission and it was mesmerizing because everything is just flawless! MUST WATCH! best movie of 2012!
  57. Jul 20, 2012
    absolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend thisabsolutely amazing ok the best villain of the trilogy was heath ledger but tom hardy was amazing in his own right christian bale embodies batman and bruce wayne, christopher nolan deserves an oscar for this movie its that good just brilliant. beautifully shoot in imax great story and ann hathaway was unbelievable great she totally deserves her own catwoman movie can not recommend this seminal movie any higher GO AND SEE IT NOW Expand
  58. Jul 20, 2012
    Really good special effects, lots more CGI than the previous films, the stunt scenes are examples of perfect choreography.

The storyline is incredibly bleak (in a good way) and at the end of the film we have to say goodbye to some major figures that we have all come to love the previous 2 films. In face, given the amount of characters killed off, we can all be assured that there is no chance of a sequel, as there are no significant characters left to carry on the franchise.

Expect a "To Live and Die In LA" type of superhero film where heroes unexpectedly die. This isn't the traditional Hollywood blockbuster where the good guy lives and the bad guy dies.
  59. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for meThe Dark Knight truly rises in this final instalment of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy. I followed quite closely the production of the film and could not contain my excitement that overflowed at the Midnight screening here in Australia. Christopher Nolan surpassed all my expectations and left me with a feeling of deep satisfaction and contentment. The thing that stood out for me was that this film does not try to equal or better 2008's The Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises simply compliments the film. It is different in many areas, but these do not in anyway lessen the experience. Christopher Nolan has taken a series that was left in critical and financial darkness and has brought it back from the ashes. Bane is one of the greatest villains to grace our screens and is a perfect match for an instantly recognisable Dark Knight. I have kept in mind that the film is still fresh and audiences around the world are queuing to experience this cinematic masterpiece. I will leave on this not, Do not expect a retelling of the Dark Knight. The Dark Knight Rises is a film all on its own. This film concludes what has become one of the greatest franchises in modern cinema history. Thank you Mr Nolan. The Batman can once again walk with his head held high. Expand
  60. Jul 20, 2012
    The movie content is fantastic. Must see,btw. It's one of a kind. Christian Bale did it again , hope it tops the charts yet again .Guys please try and give it a 10/10 rating , I just want this movie to break all records and set its position on cloud nine.
  61. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight was my favourite film, and it was because of this I feared that The Dark Knight Rises would be a disappointment. At no point during the entirety of the film did I feel in any way disappointed by the film. TDKR ends the trilogy in truly style, capturing a scale never managed by Batman Begins or The Dark Knight. A must see film.
  62. Jul 20, 2012
    This movie is fantastic. Will go down in history as one of the greatest trilogys ever made. TDKR is a masterpiece. Go to the movies and watch the film.
  63. Jul 20, 2012
    Modern day Citizen Kane. This is a fascistic look at revolt in a city of desperation. Nolan delivers with a grand slam. Epic conclusion to the most epic trilogy of all time.
  64. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is a good movie, but it falls short in many areas that Nolan succeeds. Bane is outstanding, and a certain young detective steals the show. This is the bestThe Dark Knight Rises was an outstanding triumph. The direction of the film, the characters, and the action will provide an overall experience that is well worth 11$s for a ticket. To those who compare this to the Avengers; The Avengers is a good movie, but it falls short in many areas that Nolan succeeds. Bane is outstanding, and a certain young detective steals the show. This is the best Superhero film of the decade, probably ever. Expand
  65. Jul 20, 2012
    Great finish to the trilogy. Nolan is able to give proper homage to the 2 prior films, while giving the audience something fresh. Also, Anne Hathaway was surprisingly great in the role of Selina Kyle.
  66. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O fim de uma era.
    Foi no meio de uma onda crescente que começa então a se tornar realidade
  67. Jul 20, 2012
    the dark knight is the last movie and had amazing story and a great start to end but i wish there was another one they could make to make it much better and it would be amazing but the legend ends today they could it better than the third with a new hard evil villain but it all ends today
  68. Jul 20, 2012
    Does the impossible and manages to step out of the shadow of its predecessor and be a truly great film in its own right. A fitting end to my favourite film trilogy of all time.
  69. Jul 20, 2012
    Well I would have to say, the batman suit ruins it for me, not a whole lot of batman in 2:44 minutes, drawn out movie, to me it seemed Christopher Nolan just wanted to be done with batman and that's it, just wasn't enough equal care for the final saga. The bat plane/jet was aweful looking, batman meets battleship meets termitaor salvation plane, the ending was neat, but the batman twist, IWell I would have to say, the batman suit ruins it for me, not a whole lot of batman in 2:44 minutes, drawn out movie, to me it seemed Christopher Nolan just wanted to be done with batman and that's it, just wasn't enough equal care for the final saga. The bat plane/jet was aweful looking, batman meets battleship meets termitaor salvation plane, the ending was neat, but the batman twist, I was and still am confused with, there's just so much more to and for batman! Expand
  70. Jul 20, 2012
    A powerful film which surpasses "The Dark Knight" in almost every way. Newcomers Hardy, Cotillard, Levitt and especially Hathaway do a tremendous job, while Bale gives his best performance as Batman yet. The film is an emotional journey that you will not regret seeing.
  71. Jul 20, 2012
    why SO SERIOUS ........................................ stupid marvel dumb asses giveing bad review

way better that DISNEY'S avanger ****
  72. Jul 20, 2012
    Terrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being aTerrific piece of film making that stands out well beyond the whole "superhero" thing. The action is great and Nolan really brings the characters to life again. Hardy's Bane plays an extremely close second to Ledger's Joker. The real accomplishment here is the humanization of its characters. We see everyone at their most vulnerable, and that is what is so utterly chilling. Being a Bat-nut I saw the twists coming from a mile away, but those not well versed in the universe should be in for a pleasant surprise. Hardcore fans might gawk at the liberties Nolan takes with the mythos, but Nolan provides a new spin on a classic chapter that only he could pull off without me screaming "blasphemy." It really is a fitting end to an excellent trilogy. Expand
  73. Jul 21, 2012
    Before The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story would have been told if we had not lost Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises is its own movie. TDKR has ties to both previous films, which are meant toBefore The Dark Knight released I selfishly found myself worried that a pillar of the franchise, Joker, was gone before we had even discovered him. Before seeing The Dark Knight Rises, I again found myself selfishly wondering what story would have been told if we had not lost Heath Ledger. The Dark Knight Rises is its own movie. TDKR has ties to both previous films, which are meant to drive much of the plot. The mystique of those ties is given up almost immediately in the interest of defining the current state of Gotham and its characters. Where the Joker was wild, Bane lays his cards out for all to see and because of this, mystique and wonderment has no place. We must simply face the undeniable grasp of Bane Expand
  74. Jul 20, 2012
    The first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.TheThe first thing that comes to mind when you leave the theater after watching the visually spellbinding,emotionally satisfying & the majestic storytelling spectacle named "The Dark Knight Rises",is that Christopher Nolan has cemented his place in the history of cinema for turning a cult comic book franchise into the most enthralling silver screen experience anyone can ever hope for.The dialogues are sure to resonate for ages;the performances,especially from Christian Bale & Tom Hardy,deserve every possible accolade & each scene simply exudes sheer brilliance.The literal & metaphorical rise of the Dark Knight is displayed with the utmost aplomb & the climax is,in my humble opinion,the greatest conclusion to a masterpiece ever witnessed on the silver screen.Watch the film not only for its magnitude,but for an unbelievably enriching cinematic experience & to be a part of Nolan,the magician's once in a lifetime extravaganza. Expand
  75. Jul 20, 2012
    This movie was an absolute perfect conclusion to the batman trilogy. It had action emotions effects and an incredible story. The acting and directing were captivating and harmonious and The fight scenes were thrilling. I could not have asked for a better conclusion.
  76. Jul 22, 2012
    The Dark night rises is a amazing academy award best picture this saga is the best in the history, bigger a and better , the lords of the rings is a litle saga stupid, not realistic, the dark night rises is a wonderfull movie in the history love film in my life , thanks you cristopher nolan thanks you master
  77. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave aThe Dark Knight Rises was by far the best movie of the year. This was an incredible and well deserve ending to the Dark Knight Trilogy. There are so many details that make this movie well written. The production sets are amazing. What i love most is that Nolan use live action instead of CGI. The 164 minute film flew by fast. The action pack was outstanding. Tom Hardy as Bane gave a powerful performance. His expressions were the best. Christian Bale did an amazing job as Bruce/ Batman then before. Anne Hathaway stun with her character and Michael Caine as Alfed touched me. Overall the actors were great. There was so much surprising and shocking scences that kept me on the edge it was an emotional, breath taking film. Nolan has given us the best conclusion for the dark knight trilogy. This movie seriously made me cry. Thank you Nolan you have beaten the threequel curse and have given us the ending we deserve. Expand
  78. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It is amazingly well written and has many surprising twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. I haven't walked away from a movie feeling that good since 2005 and Revenge of The Sith. Batman may not be in it as much as I'd like but the superb quality of the movie makes that more than acceptable. A must seeThe Dark Knight Rises is the single greatest movie I have ever seen. It is amazingly well written and has many surprising twists and turns that keep you on the edge of your seat. I haven't walked away from a movie feeling that good since 2005 and Revenge of The Sith. Batman may not be in it as much as I'd like but the superb quality of the movie makes that more than acceptable. A must see for anyone who likes to be entertained or wants to see an epic movie. Expand
  79. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhood imaginations reading batman comics on a big screen. It is a real great experience to watch Christopher Nolan's movie. My respect for his talent is fosteredThis is the best batman movie so far. It was so descriptive with so much details. It is not often that I sit for 3 hrs to watch a movie with so much involvement. The best part of the movie was the rise of crime. I found all my childhood imaginations reading batman comics on a big screen. It is a real great experience to watch Christopher Nolan's movie. My respect for his talent is fostered by another great work. I highly recommend people to watch this movie. Expand
  80. Jul 20, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. "The Dark Knight Rises" was an enjoyable film, which is enough for me to at least give it a yellow rating. What pushed it to the green was the excellent use of music, specific camera angles, and the source material. I will break down each.
    Music can make or break a movie for me. If the music is good, I am happy. Hans Zimmer has always done a great job of bringing movies to life with his scores, and this is no exception. For those who have not seen this film, I am about to give a spoiler here.

The theme music of this film reflects the title "Rises" and has you very excited and makes you feel the beat of the revolution that Bane and his army are creating. In the first half of the film this theme music excites but also frightens you. It makes you cringe in your seat and hold your breath, because you know that this awesome, ruthless, overwhelming, seemingly unbeatable force is coming. The music pounds and ripples along with Bane has he tears his way through Gotham and eventually beats Batman to a pulp and breaks the Bat's back.
    But then something very interesting happens with this music in the second half, or perhaps I should say the third act. That beating, pounding, powerful music suddenly switches and becomes not Bane's theme, but Batman's. As Batman repairs his broken body and finds the strength within himself to do what only one other has done, rising from the 'Pit", the theme music lifts you up and you realize that Bane and his bad guys are in so much trouble and they don't even know it.
    I won't say much about camera angles because I am not a film studies expert or anything. But I can say I enjoyed the way this film pulls you into big and small events, whether it is a grand view of Gotham city that makes you feel like you have been swept up in Bane's revolution or are flying through its skies along with Batman, or gives you the anxiety of Batman as he is trapped in a fight in the sewer with the hulking Bane.
    Lastly, I want to talk about the connection to the comic books. This is where I am sure some ultra-fans might be upset because, "Hey, they changed this and that," and, "That wasn't in the comics." To those fans I would ask what examples they have of any comic book, book, play, video game, cartoon series or action figure franchise that was ever made into a film that followed the original source material exactly. Here is another moment where if you have not seen the film I will be spoiling some surprises.

It is made clear in the credits that this film was based on the characters of the DC Universe. It is not a perfect detail by detail recreation of the comics, but a film based on the characters. I think that it was an absolutely wonderful interpretation. Nolan did a great job of taking the characters, relationships and stories and making his own decisions about what to use and where to make his own connections. And he did tend to connect characters who as far as I know had no connection in the comic books, and combine stories and change characters as he saw fit. And it was amazing and new and fresh and even though we have seen seven Batman films before this one it was somehow still very engaging and did something none of the others did, it gave Batman a happy ending.
    Oh sure, Batman always wins. Batman beats the bad guy. The bad guy ends up dead or in jail or in the mental asylum. And Batman dusts himself off and runs off into the night to continue fighting bad guys. He wins, but it isn't necessarily a happy ending in the traditional sense. He has no satisfaction, no family, no love, no relaxing. It's just onward to the next grueling battle with the underworld.
    But "The Dark Knight Rises" finally did something the other movies could not do. It let Batman retire happily, not old and broken and scarred but young and able to still have a normal life. Not only that, he gets to go off to France with Catwoman and, I like to imagine, open up a pastry shop.
    To conclude, this was an incredibly fun movie to experience and I recommend seeing it. I will say that I saw it on a regular theater screen and I encourage folks to save the money because it was fantastic and did not need the 3D or the IMAX to make it good.
  81. Jul 20, 2012
    Excellent movie. The characters are really interesting and the action is epic. Moving and intelligent. A magnific conclusion for the trilogy. Is better than TDK.
  82. Jul 20, 2012
    one of the best movie ever,without comparing with the prequel it is one of the batman movie ever,good story,better acting and best direction with screenplay,just go and watch it,for me 10/10........
  83. Jul 20, 2012
    This is the Best Movie Ever Made, Best Trilogy in history. It is Epic, Jaws Dropping, Spectacular, Brilliant Masterpiece from Mr. Christopher Nolan!!! I Want See It Again And Again!
  84. Jul 20, 2012
    Spectacular and monumental film. An event. The effects are amazing and impressive narrative. I have no words to describe the greatness of Nolan. The actors, magnificent. Applause.
  85. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain the audience while developing Bruce Wayne's story into an arc of considerable emotional progression, and ultimately delivers one of the best endings to a trilogyThe Dark Knight Rises is an opus of a much different flavor than the previous installments in The Dark Knight Trilogy. Uniting the atmospheric tone of Begins and the noir, crime saga execution of TDK, Rises sets forth to entertain the audience while developing Bruce Wayne's story into an arc of considerable emotional progression, and ultimately delivers one of the best endings to a trilogy in cinema history. The focus in this outing is on Bruce Wayne. The Dark Knight was a Batman movie in every sense, where as The Dark Knight Rises can be accurately described as a Bruce Wayne story. The man behind the mask coming out of retirement to face villains the likes of which he has never experienced. Bruce's personal life and trials as a newly motivated Batman coalesce into obstacles that bring out the most human sides of him. Anger, stubbornness, hope and raw determination seep out of the character, and belie the ambiguity behind the symbol of the Batman. When Bruce is wearing the mask, it feels like Bruce Wayne wearing a mask. Doing a job. A civic duty that serves as the only thing he knows will give him purpose. Batman becomes a human being, and yet the symbol grows stronger because of it. I'll stop here to avoid spoiling anything.

As far as the surrounding cast goes: Bane is the most dangerous villain in the trilogy. He's an absolute menace. He's shameless, efficient, brave and extremely good at wrecking things. His presence is electrifying. Alfred is dishing out his usual wisdom, but we see a side of him we haven't seen yet and it's beautiful. John Blake is too easy to root for. A pure hearted, inspired cop who earns his stripes in more ways than one. Gordon is a relentless warrior who shows a good old fashioned hands dirty approach to everything. A man out of place in this new Gotham, who's old style becomes necessary to bring it back from the brink, and Catwoman is a dazzling, sexy, antihero whose character development is as smooth as Bruce Wayne's. She's an absolute tour de force in this film, and one of the best characters in Nolan's Batman Universe.

This review means only to set up the expectations of tone for The Dark Knight Rises, and to excite viewers who are looking forward to seeing it. It's a masterpiece. Arguably the best Batman film ever made, and a beautiful ending to a trilogy that has set a new standard in cinema.
  86. Jul 20, 2012
    Honestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoid spoilers) is just mind-boggling. All the characters are very deep and I genuinely felt connected to them. The effects and soundtrack are also bothHonestly, this is the most epic movie EVER. I enjoyed every minute of it. Tom Hardy had an OUTSTANDING performance as Bane, and Bale delivers his best performance yet as Bruce Wayne. The moment when Bane's plan takes effect (vague to avoid spoilers) is just mind-boggling. All the characters are very deep and I genuinely felt connected to them. The effects and soundtrack are also both amazing. The movie sets itself up for a sequel at the end very nicley, and the end made me want to get up out of my seat and cheer. Overall, great movie, and Nolan's masterpiece in my opinion. 10/10 Expand
  87. Jul 20, 2012
    A masterful work which will have you experience every emotion under the sun. While it is not "The Dark Knight" few films can hope to be. This film holds up though and should be considered one of the top films of this century.
  88. Jul 20, 2012
    Fantastic, truly a spectacular movie. The acting is great, the storyline epic, and it ends on a truly satisfying note. God bless Christopher Nolan for one of my favorite trilogies of all time.
  89. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is theThe Dark Knight Rises is centered around pain, and you can definitely feel it in this! Chris Nolan has done his job to perfection for his trilogy! TDKR ties more into Batman Begins than The Dark Knight and gets all the loose ends sewn up. It takes the elements of Begins and the lie in Dark Knight to make one helluva a trilogy finale. As a Batman and Chris Nolan fan, I think TDKR is the best of the three and possibly Nolan's best, but I can understand if anyone chooses any three as the best. This film has the action, destruction to feed those fans while also having the most emotion for a Nolan film. Nolan really does make you get sucked into the characters he has built over 3 movies. Tom Hardy's performance as Bane really does the character justice with eyes of different emotion and the physicality he brings on screen. Anne Hathaway has to be the breakthrough performance as Selina Kyle, because she brings sexiness, strength, and class to her character. Christian Bale becomes Batman for the last time and delivers his best performance as the character in the trilogy. Wally Pfister's cinematography is top notch and Oscar worthy for this movie of such grand scale. Chris Nolan should at least get his nomination for director for the Oscars this year but who knows. I won't give anything away, but the ending was a great way to end Bruce's story. As a trilogy I think it is right up their with some of the best, and it really is one whole story. The trilogy does circle around if Bruce can become the ideal to become the legend that Ra's al Ghul says in the first film. This truly is the greatest superhero/comic book trilogy/film. Expand
  90. Jul 20, 2012
    I have Watched this Movie Twice on the day of its Release that too Back to Back Shows...... After Watching this Amazing Film,I can Say Only Five Words...... Fantastic,Marvelous,Great,Epic,Awesome.....
    Christian Bale has given Best Performance As Bruce Wayne/Batman as Usual. Bane was Horrible in the film.Gary Oldman,Morgan Freeman were Nice While Anne Hathaway did a great Job... All The Credit goes to the Director Legend Christopher Nolan....Batman Entry was too good.Effects and Music were Great... Not One Everything is Perfect....It has Sensational Climax with an Epic Ending.... I Want to See it again.... Dont Miss This Movie Guys....... The Dark Knight Rises Rocks........
  91. Jul 21, 2012
    Excellent film . Superb acting specially by Hathaway and mind blowing music by Hans. there are many twists to keep you engrossed in the movie. though it is quite a bit long you will enjoy every bit of it
  92. Jul 23, 2012
    The sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks and pure ambitious scale to overcome the fact that this film is no 'The Dark Knight' but still provides a satisfying, Nolan-esque climaxed ending to theThe sombre tone of the beginning of The Dark Knight Rises defines the rest of the film as an absolutely drop-dead spectacular capper to the the best superhero trilogy ever made. The film has enough spectacle, emotional depths and peaks and pure ambitious scale to overcome the fact that this film is no 'The Dark Knight' but still provides a satisfying, Nolan-esque climaxed ending to the epic Batman trilogy that exemplifies modern masterful filmmaking. Expand
  93. Jul 21, 2012
    This movie is perfect to say the least. The scale of this film trumps the Dark Knight, but does that mean its good? YES!!! The Joker is by far one of my favourite movie villains but Bane makes me rethink that. This movie has a really nice plot, great acting, and nice camera work. I really recommend seeing this film in IMAX as that is the definitive experience for those who wan to see thisThis movie is perfect to say the least. The scale of this film trumps the Dark Knight, but does that mean its good? YES!!! The Joker is by far one of my favourite movie villains but Bane makes me rethink that. This movie has a really nice plot, great acting, and nice camera work. I really recommend seeing this film in IMAX as that is the definitive experience for those who wan to see this masterpiece. Expand
  94. Jul 21, 2012
    By far the best movie of all time, an absolute blockbuster from start to finish. What a wrap up to this thrilling trilogy. Well done Christopher Nolan!!!!!!
  95. Jul 21, 2012
    I'ev been waiting for 4 yrs for this epic conclusion. And this is worth the wait. Thank Christopher Nolan for his masterpiece. Thank all the casts and crew that made such a great film. Best movie ever !
  96. Jul 21, 2012
    If you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is a Perfect film. Outstanding and immensely gripping, plot turns are mind blowing and acting throughout the trilogy, especially in the last film haveIf you go into this film thinking it will be the greatest film of all time, it will be the greatest film of all time. However if you go into it thinking nothing can beat Dark Knight, then whats the point of watching it? Dark Knight Rises is a Perfect film. Outstanding and immensely gripping, plot turns are mind blowing and acting throughout the trilogy, especially in the last film have been the best in any film made. Thank you Christopher Nolan, you've evoked tears, joy and awe. What a trilogy! Next we wait for Superman Expand
  97. Jul 21, 2012
    I don't usually review films but felt compelled to with this. I won't say much as it's all pretty much been said but it was the perfect to ending to a perfect trilogy & for me has sealed Nolan's place as one of Hollywood's greats.
  98. Jul 21, 2012
    This film is amazing. i had goosebumps throughout it was great. Everyone should see this film it has my love of action and romance all roped around a core of batman. loved every second of it and il be rushing out to buy the DVD when it is released. I might even see it again.
  99. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises is one of "THE BEST MOVIE'" I have seen in a very long time..I mean the movie has to be seen to be believed...It's a pure masterpiece in terms of story-telling,action and the depth with which each character is developed....This movie has set a benchmark for future batman and superhero movies to look upto...One of the best conclusions to one of the most criticallyThe Dark Knight Rises is one of "THE BEST MOVIE'" I have seen in a very long time..I mean the movie has to be seen to be believed...It's a pure masterpiece in terms of story-telling,action and the depth with which each character is developed....This movie has set a benchmark for future batman and superhero movies to look upto...One of the best conclusions to one of the most critically acclaimed and successful trilogy of all times....See you at the Oscars!!!! Expand
  100. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer, Christopher Nolan is a magician. He is the true Dark Knight Legend, the screenplay/directing/plot was just genius. Bale was at his best while portrayingThe Dark Knight Rises ends in style. A fantastic trilogy to Nolan's highly anticipated movie of the year! At first when I got my ticket, I didn't have a slightest clue of how this would top 2008's The Dark Knight. But now I got my answer, Christopher Nolan is a magician. He is the true Dark Knight Legend, the screenplay/directing/plot was just genius. Bale was at his best while portraying his role, Tom Hardy did a stunning performance as Bane. He tested Batman to his limit. And as for Anne Hathaway, brilliant performance. To be honest, I actually thought she'd screw up the movie. But her performance as cat woman was just spectacular. My rating 10/10 Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd Gilchrist
    Jul 23, 2012
    A cinematic, cultural and personal triumph, The Dark Knight Rises is emotionally inspiring, aesthetically significant and critically important for America itself – as a mirror of both sober reflection and resilient hope.
  2. Reviewed by: Anthony Lane
    Jul 23, 2012
    Christopher Nolan, for all his visionary flair, wants to suck the comic out of comic books; Anne Hathaway wants to put it back in. Take your pick.
  3. Reviewed by: Bob Mondello
    Jul 20, 2012
    As you might expect from the creator of "Inception" and "Memento," there are surprises both in the story and in the storytelling. But the biggest surprise may just be how satisfying Nolan has made his farewell to a Dark Knight trilogy that many fans will wish he'd extend to a 10-part series, at least.