9.0

1. Sep 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight is everything an action movie should be: thrilling, suspenseful, epic and chock-full of action sequences that sometimes are as amusing as they are visually stimulating. But it's also an emotional journey that's so intricately weaved into the fabric of the movie it doesn't at all seem out of place (or disingenuous). Ledger's chilling (terrifying, nihilistic) portrayal of the Joker is certain to go down in cinematic history as one of the greatest villains of all time and even then it might still be slightly under-appreciated. Nolan has succeeded in creating a genre-defying (and defining) film on such a grandiose scale, and with so little room for error, that he must be praised for what he truly is: a directorial savant. Expand
  2. May 29, 2012
    The sequel to Batman Begins, The Dark Knight where Batman fights crime in Gotham with the enemy now being the Joker he takes help from Commissioner Jim Gordon and Harvey Dent to stop crime and save the city.
  3. Jul 27, 2011
    The Dark Knight is even better than Batman Begins. This film is totally the best Batman movie of all time, the best superhero movie of all time, the best movie of the year, and one of the greatest movies of all time.
  4. Mar 13, 2013
    The Dark Knight is truly the best batman film to date. It starts with a great intro sequence and keeps the high quality trough the whole film.Dark and gritty the dark knight offers a thrilling plot with great characters, all of whom having their own motivations with the greatest villian of the entire batman franchise. Hans Zimmer also did great work with this soundtrack which fits perfect. A must see Expand
  5. Jun 10, 2011
    Brilliant direction/production, amazing screenplay and unforgettable performances! Heath Ledger is the BEST JOKER and the best actor of his generation. No way you can deny it. He was visceral, he embodied Joker and was stunning! Real MASTERPIECE!
  6. Jun 17, 2011
    One of the best comic movies, ever. Of course the outstanding performance of Heath Ledger will be the memento of this movie, but even without the Joker the movie was amazing. Bale felt more like a Batman than the first movie and Harvey was very well portrayed.
  7. Jun 17, 2011
    The best Superhero movie ever made isn't saying enough. The Dark Knight pleases both aesthetically and emotionally. Nolan does it again by creating a film so deep and emotional that one cannot believe it is a Batman film. Heath Ledger is outstanding as the Joker, and deserves all the awards he won for the role. This is a fantastic film, for anyone who wants to see a good movie, not just comic book fans. Expand
  8. Sep 23, 2011
    I'm sorry, but anybody who rates this movie under a 70 is an idiot and should not be able to review anything for that matter. This is why reviews are so pointless at times and inaccurate, there's too much opinion and bias going on. Look at the lowest reviews for Dark Knight, there own reviews reflect what they said about DK, they have no idea what they are talking about, they are just desperately looking for flaws that most of the time are not even there. "post movie disorder"?? Are you **** kidding me? How much of a pansy do you have to be? Dark Knight is one of the best movies of all time, and those oh so stupid reviewers who give it anything lower than 70 are in the minority as a shameful stain on reviews. Expand
  9. Feb 6, 2012
    One of the best and most entertaining comic book/action movies of all time. Ledger's Joker is the movies most memorable aspect and one of the best movie characters of the decade. Perhaps the movie ends a little weaker than it starts, The Dark Knight is however is an awesome movie.
  10. Jul 24, 2012
    The Dark Night jump starts into a very action filled, drama with twists and turns to keep the viewer on their feet. The villain really captures the audiences in his psychotic behaviour and terrorising plots. Heath Ledger brings The Joker alive and deserved his posthumous Academy Award. Really a good movie, but not too happy, one must be ready to take a ride though the rough.
  11. Jul 3, 2011
    Simply the best comic book movie of our time. Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight is not only a take on modern comic book craze, but a look into the dark heart of a corrupt underworld (Gotham City), the action packed summer movie you've always dreamed of, the peek inside of a pyschotic sociapath, and one of the best mystery/detective films ever made. Of course you ask, how can a comic book movie based upon a man who dresses up as a bat do all those things and do them so spendid? Well it does, it just does. The Dark Knight is the best superhero film I've ever seen. It twists and turns with some incredibly emotional and eye opening sequences. We see the late Heath Ledger's take on the Joker, who (in my own opinion) is the best on screen Joker ever. Who takes the chaos in Nolan's first batman, and amps it up a million times more. There simply are no flaws I can sum up with it, while it may be long yes, the film never drags and always, always, always keeps you interested in the dramatic, psychotic, and scary events that take place. This film truly pushes the limits on what a PG-13 movie can do in terms of disturbing acts and merciless sadistic violence. Take on any factor in the movie and you will come out more than satisfied. It's incredible acting, so good that even Christian Bale's fantastic Batman is overshadowed by Ledger's Joker and Aaron Eckhart's twisted Harvey Dent. Maggie Gylennhal replaces Katie Holmes as Rachael Dawes who I must say was much better for the role, but your favorite old advisors are still here in Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, and a few other familiar faces, and they all do fantastic. The dialogue and script is utter joy for a comic film, finding the perfect balance when to throw a few cheesy lines out, and when to keep it vindictive and realistic. The screenplay, the soundtrack, the camera angles, the action sequences, Nolan's directing, the story, I could go on and on and on and on, but I think my review speaks for itself. Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight is a modern masterpiece, a sweeping epic that takes you by the throat and doesn't let go until the credits roll. Expand
  12. Jul 4, 2011
    If you saw this movie, you can now be certain that Batman is not for children. This takes Batman to a whole new level. And people who don't understand that think that this movie was all hype about Heath being dead or just being another flashy piece of crap. Well let me remind you, sir, that this movie was taken from a loving childish comic superhero and funny and goofy nemesis. And this movie just totally back handed the hell out of me for ever thinking Batman was childish. BRAVO MR. NOLAN BECAUSE YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN. Expand
  13. Jul 5, 2011
    This movie is phenomenal. It has everything any action movie lover could ever want in a movie. You have great action scenes, unbelievable performances from Heath Ledger and Christian Bale, and great directing.
  14. Jul 20, 2011
    Thrilling stuff abides here. With a magnificent interpretation of the Joker making his debut (played by Ledger very well), coupled with great effects, interesting cinematography and nail-biting action and suspense, the Dark Knight is a sequel which really works and is, if anything, even better than its predecessor and is probably the best Batman film to date.
  15. Dec 17, 2011
    Christopher Nolan is an absolute genius. Batman Begins was a great film, but this just about blows it out of the water. Nolan knows good acting, and some amazing actors are in this one. Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, LEDGER, all greats. The action scenes are suspenseful and aplenty (with a batmobile scene standing out) . and the script is superb. Seriously, this movie is super quotable. Ledger was born to play the Joker, and everybody that says his acting is "overrated" will never be happy. Aaron Eckhart is also superb. The best superher movie ever. Expand
  16. Aug 1, 2011
    Hands down the best comic book movie ever made. Can it or will it hang on to that title, only time will tell. This was the last film I saw at a midnight screening before swearing ever doing that sort of thing again and I even saw it a few hours later the next day. It was the first film ever to successfully use viral advertising and I still remember receiving a call at work from a guy claiming he was kidnapped by a clown before a gunshot, maniacal laugh and then a dial tone. Who knew a Hollywood film would make a case for the war on terrorism and the Bush doctrine? Who knew that someone would come along and make Jack Nicholson look like an amateur? Heath Ledger did such a fantastic job that, even before the release of the film, people were talking Oscar. Who knows if The Dark Knight Rises will dethrone this one day, with Nolan behind it, it definitely is a possibility. Expand
  17. Sep 14, 2011
    I have always been a big fan of batman and I must say this is the best batman movie yet. Its a proper sequal to batman begins and it is better than it, I think this is the greatest superhero movie ever made.
  18. Aug 17, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. TDK isn't just a great comic book movie, it's a great movie period. Christopher Nolan left off a good starting point for TDK because of what happened at the end of BB. Gordan talking about escalation and showing the Joker card to Batman. All these things happen in TDK. The story is very compelling with the Joker as his plan is to unmask Batman or people will die. Joker's a Villain that is all about chaos and anarchy. He wants to turn the good people in Gotham bad. Deep down he feels everybody will turn on there morals in the right situations. At the beginning of the film Bruce Wayne thinks he can stop being Batman because of the help of Gotham DA Harvey Dent cleaning up the streets and the Mob. Bruce gets a glimmer of hope to get back with Rachael Dawes, but because of the escalation of criminals and villains in the city Bruce must continue being Batman. Now even though the main plot involved the Joker, the actual story was about the rise and fall of Harvey Dent . The cast was excellent as of course Heath did outstanding. Christian Bale was good again, Gary Oldman was I think pretty underated as he had a bigger role in this one. Also Aaron Eckhart was very underated to me because he kind of had to play two roles in this. Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and pretty much everybody else gives good performances as well.

For the most part everything in this film is realistic including the Two-Face visual and make up effect. The story is a bit darker this time and the film takes place more in Gotham City which is Chicago. That environment gives it a realistic feel. The soundtrack mostly of the Joker theme creates the tone for the film and there's a few other good tracks that create some of the mood for the film. The soundtrack good for the most part.

Despite there being 4 villains being Joker, Salvitore Maroni, Harvey Two- Face, Scarecrow and a criminal mob accountant named Lau and just all these other characters ,I thought that nobody was ever forced or the plot. The pacing was excellent despite the film running for 2hrs 24min of screen time and it never got slow or boring for me despite it being 144 min. So the length of the film didn't bother me. The only negatives of the film are Batman's voice , which was just a bit to growly for me and also the fight scenes such as the nightclub scene and the peice with the two boats. The scenes weren't bad but not great. So after the negative things I have said about TDK, there's definately not enough to derail the film in any way. TDK haves a good story and great plot lines, great character development and for the most part haves pretty good action. I rate this movie a 9.5/10 stars*.
  19. Aug 24, 2011
    Chris Nolan is a god and The Dark Knight is proof of my statement it has a story that has kept me thinking for 3 years scene stealing performances by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart and a captivating score it is the film of the generation. 10 out of 10
  20. Jul 16, 2012
    Everything about this film is flawless and perfect with everything from its memorability to its strong performances - particularly Heath Ledger, its pitch perfect plot and like the first film, its dark tone. The Dark Knight Rises better be nothing short of amazing!
  21. Oct 2, 2011
    awesome movie! the complexity of this movie has left me breathless. you don't get more characterization and intelligent plots than Batman: the dark knight.
  22. Sep 28, 2011
    I was completely blown away. It's probably the best superhero movie I've ever seen. The movie did have a lot of hype and expectations and to be honest, I think it exceeded them.

Heath Ledger was pitch perfect as the Joker. His magic pencil trick was um, quite effective, let's just say. Cackling and twitching, odd mannerisms ahoy, Ledger completely becomes the Killer Clown from Hell. No
    one's going to remember Jack Nicholson after this one. The one recurring thought I had walking out of the theater was how unfortunate it was that we wouldn't see his incredible talent again in the inevitable third feature.

Aaron Eckhart's Harvey Dent was also excellent. As other reviews have already said, he is the White Knight to Batman's Dark Knight. The entire central plot is pretty much designed to channel this man's fall from grace. When you first see the full reveal of Two Face's face, it's hard not to gasp. The CGI/make-up for Two Face is how he should always look, it's iconic and grotesque and realistic all at the same time.

At a running time of 2 and a half hours, this is ostensibly a rather long movie, yet it never felt that way to me. Probably the fastest 2 and a half hours I've spent in the theaters. From the opening bank robbery to the sobering finale, I was completely captivated by this epic crime tale from Chris Nolan. Yes, this is not simply a feel good superhero movie like Iron Man (which I enjoyed a lot), but an honest to God HEAT-esque crime drama. For some people, this may not be a good thing. They may complain that it wasn't light hearted enough, that it was disturbing to peer into the heart of darkness in a city without hope. For those people, yes... please go elsewhere. Maybe go watch Mamma Mia. For the rest of us, The Dark Knight is a night to remember. This should've won Best Picture at the Oscars. What other superhero film can you actually say that about? What Christopher Nolan did with Batman and The Joker is simply the stuff of legend. You can't just look at it as a comic book movie, you can't just look at it as an action flick, you can't just look at it as a crime drama... it's a mindblowing masterpiece of cinema. Nolan took a franchise that had become known for "Chill out, bird boy!" and somehow managed to craft a dark epic that would become the third highest grossing film of all time. To make that sort of herculean effort with minimal CGI in today's environment... the man is simply a visionary genius.

And Heath Ledger... what is there left to say about Heath Ledger? He didn't win the Oscar because he died. It wasn't a sympathy vote. He deserved it, by portraying The Joker in a way wholly unlike anything we'd ever seen before. **** Cesar Romero, **** Jack Nicholson, and **** Mark Hamill. Ledger will always be The Joker now. So many quotable lines, and even a second villain that felt natural and meshed with the plot. Who could forget that brilliant hospital scene with our first glimpse at Two Face? The way Nolan teased at it, turning his head away at just the right moment to heighten the suspense. And then the actual reveal, and hearing the gasps in the audience. Just great iconic moments.

Another iconic scene: the interrogation room. What a wonderful way to subvert the traditional interrogation. Start it in darkness, but then shift into bright light, contrasting the white room with the blackness of Batman. Also reflecting the two warring sides of Two Faces. The Batman pummels the Joker, yet somehow still ends up being helpless while the Joker is holding all the cards. This isn't the sort of stuff you expect from a superhero action film. That's why it's so wonderful. Just as the Joker turned Gotham upside down, this film has completely turned its genre upside down. My favorite scene is the ending monologue from Commissioner Gordon: "Because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Dark Knight." BAM. The title card finally comes onscreen. If that didn't affect you in some manner after witnessing the last 2 and a half hours, you're just not human.
  23. Sep 26, 2011
    A super hero must be Super not realistic, when a super hero story becomes realistic it ends been a good vs evil story, such an overrated acting and Director
  24. Sep 29, 2011
    Firstly, I have to admit that I've never been a fan of the Batman series, but this all changed with 'The Dark Knight' and 'Batman Begins' before that.

Christopher Nolan is quite simply a genius, his take on Batman had me on the edge of my seat through the whole movie, some thing that didn't happen with previous Batman movies.

Christian Bale is cast perfect as Bruce Wayne/Batman, but the
    man who really steals the show is Heath Ledger as The Joker, he was incredible, and apparently Michael Caine forgot his lines, because he couldn't believe how good Heath's Joker was.

I'm definitely looking forward to the next Batman movie.
  25. Sep 26, 2012
    I was aware that this film was something of great importance. And it was, but it wasn't good enough. I liked the Joker, he was a much more effective villain than what I saw of the Scarecrow and Bane. Bruce Wayne didn't seem to have much of an impact on me, but he certainly had quite a few things to say, whether they were mildly significant or extremely amusing. It was dark and thrilling, but there were a few things in here that just made it feel silly. I enjoyed the sociological aspect of choosing between two boats and the way it didn't play on the assumption that when things happened, it wasn't for money. Amazing set design, would've liked to see more contribution from Wayne, good interaction between different characters and the rapid shifting between scenes is a real problem. Still, it was fascinating and was glad I saw it. Expand
  26. Aug 14, 2012
    The Dark Night is an amazing movie! It is the best Batman movie I have seen so far, the plot is great and so are the special effects but the show-stealer is Heath Ledger as The Joker. Ledger nails the role as he fully embodies the villain and gives The Joker a seat on the list of greatest villains. The acting is pretty good (Joker especially) and overall The Dark KNight is a joyride that will keep you in for it till the end. SCore: 9.0 out of 10. Expand
  27. Oct 31, 2011
    Wow. Just wow. And I thought Batman Begins was excellent. This... this piece of art... its PHENOMENAL!! From the scale, to the acting, the atmosphere, the music, the action, it's all art. I have not experienced this level of greatness in the cinema for a long time. This film is the darkest Batman, as well as one of the darkest, violent and gripping films, ever made. In short the film surpasses the hype for a comic superhero flicks. Acting & dialogues were so great especially the late Heath Ledger who stole the show plus the brilliant minded director C. Nolan brings the show spectacularly gripping scenes that makes this movie a truly epic from start to finish. In short, it's a masterpiece. One that will knock you out of your seat. It is the best Batman film ever, the best superhero film ever and one of the best film ever made. Expand
  28. Nov 3, 2011
    This is not your typical comic book movie, it's more of a multidimensional crime saga. With great performances, especially Heath Ledger's iconic Joker, and Christopher Nolan's impressive direction and mind-bending script, The Dark Knight is a modern classic. 4/4 stars.
  29. Nov 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's a master-piece. Heath Ledger and Christian Bale have made not a batman sequel, but an original and thrilling movie that consist of events that are in the course of human nature. A hero that Gotham needs, but not at the moment, Bruce Wayne is there to save Gotham from the Joker, who is clever enough to twist the tables. After the White Knight, or Harvey Dent falls to the pressure of being what The Joker considers to be the Dark Knight, it is revealed that that's what he wanted all along. Not to get in a fist-fight with Batman, but to turn Gotham's white knight into a tragic figure that dies due to the want for revenge. Not only is this a great film, but Ledger's legendary performance. It differs greatly from earlier portrayals of The Joker. In the end, he is a sadistic, clever, and brutal character that comes from Ledger directly. The dialogue is perfect. The effects are even more well done and attribute to the overall look of the film. Deep down, physiology of the brain gets the best of Dent who turned into a monster thanks to the Joker's numerous problems that need to be solved by Gordon, who is played expertly by Gary Oldman. The cinematography is brilliant. The props, the city...everything. What we learn is that sometimes the hero isn't who we think it is. There's always people who believe in good, and people who believe in the bad. What it comes down to, is whether or not you'd love a great movie like The Dark Knight. A+ Expand
  30. Aug 9, 2012
    The Dark Knight is the successor to the 2005 "Batman Begins". It more than surpasses its predecessor in both storyline direction and overall appeal. The storyline includes two most popular batman villains The Joker and Two-Face (who actually starts out as a good guy in this movie). Many people began watching this movie first before they watched Batman begins, yes its that good. Out of all the character development and acting, Heath Ledger of all actors take the award for the best role. Not only did he deliver a cunning character display making the Joker the most diabolical and popular villain within the movie but his role as the Joker put all other actors who played Joker in the past to shame. Regardless of whether you have seen the first movie or not, this movie lives up to the name and is the sole reason why Christopher Nolan's batman franchise is considered to be "The Dark Knight Trilogy". Expand
  31. Jan 27, 2013
    One could say flawless, and one would not be too far from the truth.
    With one of the best ensemble performances in a blockbuster, The Dark Knight catapults itself away from its rebooted predecessor, 'Batman Begins" into one of the greatest superhero movies ever made.
    We see Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) return as the caped crusader, dealing with copycats is the least of his worries, as he
    has been dealt countless obstacles and now tragedies, and now the emergence (and most haunting incarnation) of the Joker, played by the ever talented and late Heath Ledger.
    What is so intriguing about Ledgers Joker is his simplicity, he is a man not quite easy to please, with no lust for money or anything of that nature, he simply wants to 'introduce a little anarchy'.
    We are also introduced to District Attorney Harvey Dent, attempting to lawfully clean up Gotham's streets through imprisoning the kingpins and criminals that occupy the city.
    What ensues is glorious set pieces, but too CGI laden, they look realistic to the point that it is believable in front of you. We also see the introduction of the BatPod, a new vehicle used by our vigilante which again, sets up some wonderful scenes involving this new machine. The tone of the film has definitely shifted to a much more sombre and gritty tale compared to 'Begins', adding more emotional depths to each character, no stone seems to have been left unturned when it comes to outlining each main cast member in terms of us knowing exactly why they are there and what is going on in their life. It's remarkable to have such depth for so many characters, but we do care for them, and when tragedy strikes its difficult not to feel for the characters on screen.
    The writing is excellent, especially for the Joker, he runs away easily with the most defining moments of the film , whether he's doing magic tricks or dressing up as a nurse, his persona is set in particular scene when he's trying to detonate a bomb, I believe the seconds to follow where completely unscripted, and Ledger just went with the character he created, utter brilliance.
    Theres also a standout performance for Bale himself as Batman, he has a lot on his plate considering the public don't quite know what to think of him, hero? Villain? He clearly does doubt himself in many moments throughout the film which can all be portrayed through Bales superb acting.
    Alfred (Michael Caine) returns as Bruces faithful butler, Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman) returns as Bruces genius friend and new head of Wayne Enterprises, and Maggie Gyllenhaal replaces Katie Holmes as Bruce's childhood friend and love interest Rachel Dawes.
    While the despair is in heaps here, there are a few comedic moments, particularly with the Joker, but this is a new benchmark in superhero realism, and this film hits heights that were perhaps too hard to follow (I reviewed this AFTER reviewing TDKR).
    Its epic on so many elements and wasn't afraid to drastically change the pace, with a successful outcome, The Dark Knight can be seen as unbelievable, and exasperatingly good on all accounts.
    It will put a smile on that face...
  32. Feb 29, 2012
    Heath Ledger's impressive role as the Joker was of non-stop scares and his villainous crime/tension helped The Dark Knight outdo the other Batman films. If you don't like this, increase your sense of suspense.
  33. Nov 28, 2011
    If i was a critic, I would give it a 74/100. but i am not, so I rate it a 7. Batman begins was much better. Heath ledger did act great as the crazy madman, but I don't think he deserved the Oscar. Overall, it was a great, intense picture. Still under Batman Begins, which I give an 86/100. let's see how The Dark Knight Rises will be.
  34. Dec 14, 2011
    The people who say that the movie is "overrated", those people are incredibly braindead. How couldn´t they like this amazing and extremely superhero movie?! Director Christopher Nolan makes a good job, his vision is better and Christian Bale portrayed very well The Batman. This is how Batman really is.
  35. Dec 15, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Lets get straight to the point. The plot is set out to perfection. it doesnt rush itself and tells the story brilliantly. The way it elegently portrays the jokers sick humor when threatning the 2 boats containing prisoners and citizens and not to mention the tension when one boat has to blow up the other leaves you hanging on the edge of your seat. The film also shows that batman is shown not be a unbeatable hero and has a side of realism that christopher nolan directs really well. But my favourite thing about the dark knight is the excellent acting of the late heath ledger and his role of the joker is quirky, sinister and what makes the dark knight one of my favourite films of all time. Expand
  36. Mar 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark Knight is definitely one of the darkest Superhero films of all-time. What Nolan has accomplished with this series is nothing short of remarkable. Some people say the movie is too long but hey, most great movies are. Heath Ledger's role as the Joker was fascinating. How he was able to totally and completely transform into the ultimate villain shows what an incredible actor he was. He was able to perfectly capture exactly why the Joker is the best villain ever in exposing the dynamic between the Joker and Batman's relationship. Christian Bale and the rest of the cast was phenomenal as well and the acting was superb from top to bottom. There were a few disappointments. The first was that Katie Holmes was by Maggie Gyllenhaal. It breaks up the continuity from the first film and let's face it, Maggie Gyllenhaal isn't attractive at all. Are you seriously telling me there weren't any other pretty and talented brunettes in Hollywood who could replace Katie? If you're going to replace someone in a film series, which I truly hate doing, always upgrade. Secondly, I was really disappointed with Two-Face's quick departure. In the canon, other than the joke, Two-Face is the ultimate villain against Batman. Yes, it felt right in the movie so I can't hold that against it but as a fan of the lore, it was a bit of a disappointment for sure. The last thing is that the plot felt more
    unrealistic in this film than in the last one. Most of the major plot points rely on unreliable or fantastical elements. These are all within my suspension of disbelief for the film but Batman Begins didn't
    contain as much of this. All in all, amazing movie and truly the best superhero sequel of all-time. RIP Heath Ledger.
  37. Feb 14, 2012
    I was so pumped for this movie to come out for years and then Heath Ledger's passing made it an even bigger event. I went to see it on opening day and I swear during a few of the joker scenes I got chills because it was so good. And any movie that can have that much of an effect on me deserves a 10/10.
  38. Jan 14, 2012
    This movie continues the story about the infamous Batman, a.k.a Bruce Wayne. A new mob has formed and the new D.A is Harvey Dent. The movie begins with a bank robbery by an unknown group of robbers. Later into the robbery, it is revealed that these robbers are working for the Joker. It is also revealed that this is one of the Mob's banks. Each robber, disguised in clown masks, is given an order to kill their partner when are finished with their job. That leaves two clowns standing, one which is revealed to be the Joker himself. A stolen bus is used to carry away the bags of money. When Lieutenant Jim Gordon arrives on the scene, they find video of the Joker taking off his clown mask. This scene kind of points out who the main antagonist of the movie will be. Gordon also discovers that this money is indeed "mob" money. You soon find out the members of the mob, when the Joker interrupts one of their meetings. He states what is his and should be the mob's objective: "to kill the Batman". Later, he announces that if the "real" Batman does not turn himself in, then there will be deaths starting "tonight". The first deaths are Commissioner Loeb, and a judge who formerly tried members of the mob. Harvey Dent, the District Attorney, was attempted to be killed. The next day, a death threat against the mayor is made in the obituary section of the Gotham newspaper. Gordon and his team stand guard as the memorial for Commissioner Loeb is being held. The honor guards turn out to be the Joker's men and they all attempt to shoot the mayor as he speaks, but Gordon pushes him down and is shot. Barbara Jim's wife, is notified that he is dead. After those deaths, Bruce Wayne decides to adhere to the Joker's wishes and turn himself in. When Harvey Dent holds a press conference, the Batman is revealed to all to be Harvey Dent. Of course, this is incorrect but Harvey announces that he is, before Bruce can say it himself. Harvey is then attempted to be captured by the Joker while he is being transported by a Detective Ramirez. This fails, and Harvey and his girlfriend Rachel Dawes are transported by cops Ramirez and Wuerst in separate cars, while the Joker is captured by a supposedly deceased Jim Gordon. Harvey and Rachel never get home however, and are instead sent to separate locations in the city. The Joker soon escapes from holding, but before he does so he gives the location of Rachel and Harvey, switching them around, telling them that they are strapped to drums of gas, rigged to blow. Harvey and Rachel are given a phone to communicate with. Batman goes for Rachel, while Gordon and his team go for Harvey. Batman ends up saving Harvey, but not before half of his face is burnt by the exploding drums. Later, the Joker announces that the city will be his in a matter of hours. Gordon sends a ferry of prisoners and a ferry full of civilians away from Gotham. It is revealed however that the ferrys are rigged to explode and each ferry is given the other ferrys detonator as part of a social experiment by the Joker to see who will blow each other up first. The location of the Joker is found and Batman soon captures him. Harvey kills the cop that drove him to his location, based on the flip of a coin, and captures Jim's family. Jim's son is almost killed before Batman shows up, unintentionally killing Harvey. Batman then tells Gordon that he and his men will have to has him, and that marks the end of the movie. This movie was great, with an excellent plot, terrific villains, and characters you really care for. Even if yo are not a Batman fan, it is still a must see movie. Director Christopher Nolan once again shows his superb movie making skills in the latest installment of the Batman series: "The Dark Knight". Expand
  39. Jan 20, 2012
    My favorite movie of all time, the performances were perfect. I enjoyed every minute. It is a great movie and I have watched it many many times. Best Batman movie ever.
  40. Jan 2, 2013
    Really overrated by users imo. The only thing good about this movie is Heath Ledger as the Joker, which is simply the most untouchable performance of the year imo, and the only reason one should watch this movie.
  41. Feb 1, 2012
    Usually I'm one to be pretty positive about most movies, and it is rare for me to be a dissenting negative critic. Also, there are many extremely violent or disturbing movies which I have found excellent (from thrillers to horror movies to crime fiction, etc.) But here is that rare example where I disagree with predominantly positive reviews: I found this movie just dragged on, with more and more dark, disturbing, violent imagery which really spoiled my evening instead of leaving me inspired, energized, entertained, or moved. I could barely make it through. Certainly there were fine performances, but why not watch something that makes your day better, instead of this? Expand
  42. May 22, 2012
    Why isn't there an 11 rating on this thing! The dark knight is absolutely brilliant, it's one of the greatest movies ever!! It's just so awesome, I mean, seriously, the action is really amazing and exciting, the joker is awesome, the acting is really good, the special effects are very good and the story-line is fantastic. The dark knight is the best super hero movie, by far, if you haven't already watched it, you should definitely watch it, I truly recommend it! Expand
  43. Dec 16, 2012
    The Dark Knight a story about one man's struggle with his conflicting ideas of justice. It is raw, emotional, and bold as it presents its own twist on Batman, and ultimately, on the common misconception of a superhero and what he stands for.
  44. Feb 16, 2012
    This movie is interesting for me. Action scene was so cool. Bat man doesn't have surper power. He is just human. But it is good. That's why this movie is good. But this movie is a little long.
  45. Jun 3, 2012
    This may be the best Superhero film ever made. Batman Begins was a brilliant film but Chris Nolan really brought things up a notch with The Dark Knight. The dark and realistic tone is nailed once again thanks to some brilliant direction and writing and once again, everyone plays their parts perfectly, both the returning cast and the newcomers. And of course the most notable newcomer has to be Heath Ledger as the Joker. His performance is one of the biggest reasons as to why this film is so amazing, Heath's portrayal of the Joker is the best of them all and it is such a same that Heath is no longer with us. The scenes that involve just The Batman and The Joker are some of the best scenes not just in the film but in cinema in the last few years. The Joker is so genius and evil that it is almost impossible to stop watching when he is on screen, many people say The Joker is the best thing about this film and you cannot blame them. Another brilliant aspect of this film is how thought provoking it is, some scenes truly made me think about what I would do if I was in the same position as the characters, even after the film has stopped. Overall it's hard to fault this film, it may have a few slow and boring parts like Batman Begins but its all relevant to the story and just gets outweighed by everything else. If you watch superhero films for just fun and excitement then The Dark Knight may be a bit too deep for you, but for everyone else this film is an absolute must see! Expand
  46. Mar 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight is the best movie since Lord of The Rings. A dark and sophisticated movie (especially for batman) that had strong acting all around with a joker that was the craziest of all villians. A masterpiece like no other and no question the best movie of the year.
  47. Jul 20, 2012
    This movie deserves the hype. Heath Ledger plays the best joker we've seen thus far on the big screen, and even in death his legacy lives on. I didn't like that Rachel died but seeing as she wasnt in the comics (as far as i know) i guess she had to sometime. Harvey Dent's character had some pretty great development as we saw his transformation into the scarecrow, and the entire thing was very believable. I don't watch many movies but this is a must see! Expand
  48. May 9, 2012
    I reviewed Dark Knight a while ago, and messed up a little. This is my new review. First off, I would give this a 9.75. Almost near perfect. Probably one of the best superhero movies ever. Acting is good. Everyone does a great job. Score is epic. It's just amazing coming from Hans Zimmer. Story and action sequences are great. It'll keep you watching. Plus the visuals are pretty good to. Overall, this is a great superhero movie that all superhero fans, and everyone else should go and see. Expand
  49. Jun 9, 2013
    This was a solid film. It is clear why other people thought this was excellent, but it left me a little indifferent. I just don't think I will ever be that intrigued by the entire Batman story. However, it has a very good performance by Ledger, good editing and music.
  50. Aug 13, 2012
    I never really paid much attention to Batman Begins but I went into the Dark Knight knowing the backstory and my god! TDK is easily one of the best superhero films ever. It is dark, gritty and it has balls. Gotham City's crime rate has significantly decreased since the rise of Batman but there are still some ends that need tying. A new threat in the form of the Joker has emerged from the criminal underworld, a ruthless and utterly off the wall psychopath. Bruce is also having personal problems in the form of Rachel and the new district attorney Harvey Dent A.K.A Two-Face. Cristopher Nolan should direct all superhero films! Expand
  51. Aug 1, 2012
    I hear many people bashing this move as "overrated" or "just because heath ledger died". I believe this is a simple case of people that love to hate whats popular. This movie is not overrated, it deserves the hype it gets, ESPECIALLY heath ledgers performance, whether he died or not. (R.I.P.), his performance is absolutely phenomenal. Christian bale's, Morgan Freeman's, and Micheal Caine's performances aren't bad by any measure but they are out-shined greatly by Mr. Ledger. This is one of the few movies in recent memory that is made with passion and not just to make a quick buck off a franchise or gimmicky "3D" effects. I'm not even a fan of batman and I really enjoy this movie. do yourself a favor see this if you haven't already. Expand
  52. Apr 25, 2012
    Nolan destroys the preconceptions of what a Superhero movie can be. After watching this movie I was blown away. It topped the first film in everything. The movie was very deep, dark, and a masterpiece. Heath ledger gives the finest career of his life and possibly best performance of all time. The chemistry in the interrogation room between Batman and The Joker was chemistry at best. The dialogue was dialogue at its finest. People can hate, but people who hate like Transformers. The Score was beautiful by Hans Zimmer. My all time favorite film. 5/5 Expand
  53. May 6, 2012
    Batman's greatest foe yet is revealed in The Dark Knight. And he is amazing. The combination of Heath Ledger and Christian Bale is magnificent. This is truly the best superhero movie to date. Every little detail leads to something in the end. The special effects still remain some of the best and this movie was truly advanced for the year it was released.
  54. Sep 17, 2012
    Is humanity worth saving? Are we truly good people or are those smiles we wear every day a denial mechanism we use to cope with a universe that remains apathetic regardless of our needs? If given the opportunity, would we remove our hypocritical cheery war paint and tell the universe to stick it were it belongs?
    Needless to say, this is a superb Hollywood popcorn circus irresistible to
    most. Tour-de-force dramatic performances by all, and specially by one. A director delivering visuals as one does at the top of their career. A marriage of cinematography and visual effects so perfect that is sure to outlast any tinsel town relationship. But all of these things have been said already by better wordsmiths than myself.
    What has remained in my thoughts long past its multiple viewings was the philosophical exploration of good versus evil.
    The hypocrisy of human existence. We are raised by our parents and society to be good. Religion certainly tells us so, even if it involves killing others, the goal is ultimately to be "good." Hell, on TV, the bad eventually gets it, and the good guy walks away with the blond. We all have to be good... Or do we?
    Enter the Joker. The catalyst for an experiment in truth... If given the opportunity, if there was no lock with a key, If you could pull the pin on all those people you smile at every day but wish they were three feet under water, would you? No one needs to know. No one needs to care. You know you only do it because someone else is keeping scores on you.
    That is the beauty of the Joker. He points out perfectly that Evil is not so much the guy with the guns. True Evil is the guy that allows you to reveal yourself exactly as you are with no one keeping tabs. Then, we'll see what we are made of.
    Let's keep things in perspective. This is, as I said earlier, the ultimate Hollywood cupcake. Delicious no matter how you bite it. And, as such, it has to leave a good after taste.
    The Joker is in fact proven wrong. And the beauty of this, if you pay close attention, is that Batman has very little, if anything, to do with this. His main goal is to stop the Joker from carrying on his mad experiments on the human mind, and so he does as the hero that he is. But the Joker's tests are answered face forward by the people themselves. It turns out when you open the doors to the asylum the crazy folks are simply normal... At least in Hollywood.
    I still wonder, though. If this wasn't Hollywood, and the Joker was around to give us that switch on that boat, what would you really do? Who are you without that fake smile you put on every day?
  55. Jul 20, 2012
    The Dark Knight is quite possibly one of the greatest films of all time. This movie is much darker than any other superhero movie to date and Heath Ledger's performance is absolutely stunning. Bale is great once again and Christopher Nolan has shown us how great of a director he is once again.
  56. May 14, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Batman Beginsâ Expand
  57. Mar 8, 2014
    Absolutely stunning. This sequel is dark, sophisticated, and is better than its predecessor. It has emotion, powerful and superb acting, and impressive visuals. This film is, beyond any doubt, a must-see. Oh, and the Joker in the movie, is beyond fantastic.
  58. May 23, 2012
    It is rare I am giving this movie a 10. But this is probably the best movie I have seen in a long long time. Heath Ledger performance was excellent, Oscar worthy indeed. There are still some slight fault in the movie, story line lacks coherence in some part but I can hardly fault Christopher Nolan for squeezing everything in a 2 hour film. Definitely worth buying the Blueray and rewatch over again. Expand
  59. May 27, 2012
    Probably one of the greatest movies I have ever watched in my life. The Joker in this movie is one of the most bad-ass villains in history The acting is amazing as well as the dark tone of the movie!
  60. Aug 4, 2012
    I don't have much history with the batman comics or movies, but I know a good movie when I see one. This is probably one of the best super hero movies to date in my opinion. It has a lot of action in it and batman doing his thing, but it also carries a surprising amount of depth in it's character development. We all know the joker is great, but I personally like Harvey Dent the most.
  61. Aug 5, 2012
    The greatest super hero movie of all time. From the opening scene I was hooked on the style and performances in this film. Of course it all revolves around Ledger and his amazing performance as the Joker. Ledger eats up the screen in every scene he is in, and his character sets the dark tones for the movie. A lot of critics had issues with some of the other characters in this film, specifically Dent. But once again i love what Nolan does with his villains. He gives Two Face such a nice arc in this story, and proper motivation for what he becomes at the end. I can't say enough about the way this movie looks and feels, there are so many memorable scenes in this movie. I will digress. Expand
  62. Dec 11, 2012
    Christopher Nolan's directing mastery is exemplified in this brilliant interpretation of one of the most beloved DC Comics' characters, completing its legacy by intertwining the brooding and dark tone defined by the sadistic and unbelievably electrifying performance by Heath Ledger with plot complexity that only Nolan could deliver. The Dark Knight is that rare one-timer that strides and devastates any apparent boundaries of its genre that has been long-avoided by film junkies because of the immaturity and previous filmic failures such as 'Batman and Robin'. Nolan has created not only the best superhero film ever, one of the best films in existence. Get ready for a rollercoaster ride into the true roots of Batman by exploring themes of tragedy, bitter loss, chaos and the horrrifying descent into the realm of madness. The Dark Knight succeeds in all levels, and is the shining example of Christopher Nolan's unprecedented storytelling prowess. Expand
  63. Jul 3, 2012
    It is no surprise that the reboots in these days bring great franchises. Christopher Nolan's sequel to Batman Begins, an already awesome movie, is even more awesome this time. Christian Bale gets even more "dark" and Heath Ledger pulls out a performance of Joker, impossible to beat. Extraordinary and a really entertaining cinematic adventure. Acting, special effects,action sequences, writting is all great. The great thing about this movie is that it brings even more character development we had already seen of Batman.
    A perfect 10
  64. Jul 4, 2012
    This is the best movie ever nuff said, Christopher Nolan does an amazing job directing this. It deserved al the money that it made. I can't wait for the new one coming out this mont it is going to be amazing.
  65. Jul 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Dark knight hurts me literally not. Not because the picture is bad, it is just substantially good. A rare cinematic experience which makes me upbeat and I do feel lively. It is sharp, destructive and epic. Like what the critics have generally mentioned in their reviews- the Dark Knight is not entirely a superhero movie, it is too an epic crime thriller. The film has the elements to be a great show. Editing shows me perfection; they are sharp, strong, and impregnable. Hans Zimmer's powerful score adds up to the excitement of the action scenes - rightfully being composed and could wrap it up that to some great extent, some 'Power' values of the movie clearly belong to the music. The cinematography is beautiful; I witnessed gloomy images of Gotham City being captured. Some shots in the movie are undeniably dark, but it is well blended with beauty. I would say, a beauty in a moody mood. Its screenplay which was being written by Christopher Nolan, Jonathan Nolan, Johathan Nolan, and David S. Goyer is a Tour De Force, a brilliant spark. In my opinion, the script, alongside with the performances, clears to me that the movie is a superhero classic. First of all, dialogues are brightly great; I am literally 'High' after paying my focus for the dialogues. Too many memorable lines for one film! They are like "Why so serious?", "Let's introduce a little anarchy", "How about a magic trick?" and much more. Im real, those dialogues punched me in the face. Well consisted of a complex storyline, devoid of clichés - the writers' top notch writing ability is very much in evidence. The Dark Knight is an acting masterclass. The actors for the film, truly delivered, I mean every single one them. True acting talents in them and Nolan's impeccable direction are proven. Christian Bale hits the right note playing both Bruce Wayne and Batman, Michale Caine is beautifully artistic, Morgan Freeman is as calm as hourglass, Aaron Eckhart is charismatic and engaging , Gary Oldman is honest and Maggie Gyllenhaal is perfectly fine . Through honesty I claimed that each of the actors in the movie played their 'A' game. But how about Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker? I wouldn't want to repeat the past comments which was being triggered by critics on his performance, but I gonna say this - Heath Ledger is not Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight, he is The Joker. I repeat, Heath Ledger is NOT Heath Ledger , he IS The Joker. I would not choose to have the notion that the film is entirely an entertaining action packed, comic book cinema, I think Christopher Nolan goes beyond that. Try bother to pay close attention to the film, one would see hidden, interesting messages in the movie, and I think, in my opinion, many of them is being injected through The Joker. For example, in the conversation between Harvey Dent/Two-Face and The Joker at a hospital, The Joker talks about events which could be labelled as reality , he talks about how things will move at ease when things go according to plan, and that makes the scene very exciting to watch but surely too, backed with great acting by both. My belief is this - not only that The Dark Knight is an entertaining epic cinema, it is also a fun piece to interpret. Nolan's second Batman motion picture is easily one of the greatest superhero films ever made and it is also one of the best films of the year. Finely shot, well-acted, accurately complex and freshly interpreted, The Dark Knight is statuesque.

(http://www.rottentomatoes.com/member/AlexDesmall)
    (http://facebook.com/alex.desmall)
  66. Jul 8, 2012
    "The Dark Knight". The greatest superhero film ever made. It holds no boundaries. Christopher Nolan knows what he is doing with the Batman character and should not quit while he is ahead. Nolan is not the only person to credit for this incredible movie, Heath Ledgers performance as The Joker has redefined the role of the antagonist in any movie. Ledger plays the role so well and if he were still here, he would still be getting praised for his work. This movie is nothing short of excellent and i know fans and critics alike cannot wait for it's highly anticipated sequel, "The Dark Knight Rises". Expand
  67. Jul 11, 2012
    there is nothing to say about this movie . a superhero movie where you see characters & story has more depth than action is very rare . Heath ledger has done a job that can be done by only the greatest actors of all time . it was 2 & a half hour of pleasure . this is the kind of story telling that was missing in all superhero franchises . the psychological values of the character was great . it was a great combination of everything . Expand
  68. Jul 12, 2012
    The Dark Knight is a dark, well-acted, and unforgettable installment in the Batman series. The only issue I had with the film is that there is way too much talking.
  69. Jul 17, 2012
    The Dark Knight will leave you smiling ALMOST as much as Batman Begins. As a sequel, it's much weaker than its predecessor. It's probably better as a standalone movie. All of the characters from previous film become weaker. I feel that this was intentional so that viewers could maintain their focus on the Joker. Heath Ledger (The Joker), while a humorously twisted villain, was highly overrated as an actor, and I feel that people have skipped out on Batman Begins, and WILL skip out on The Dark Knight Rises because of this movie. Overall, the movie is still great, but lacks the fluent stream of quotable content that the previous film pertained to throughout the entire film. Expand
  70. Jul 17, 2012
    Quite simply a technical and emotional masterpiece that leaves you wanting more. The best superhero movie ever made but also simply one of the best movies ever made in general. Nolan is definitely the best director ever and he proves it again and Ledger's performance is absolutely stunning. Not forgetting Bale who has simply taken Batman and took the character to another level. Astonishing. Excellent. Expand
  71. Jul 17, 2012
    The list of things that make this film so great is too large to write. In short, I have never seen a comic book film that brought so much suspense and story-driven action as this one. The characters are very realistic, even the Joker, which is arguably one of the best performances in film history. The movie never wanders or becomes distracted to the point where it is torn away from its intended destination, which you are unaware of. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time waiting to see what that was. Expand
  72. Jul 19, 2012
    Ultimately the joker steals the show,, unbelievable acting by late Heath Ledger,,, hats off to him.But at last batman makes an needful sacrifice to defeat Joker but he didn't...........
  73. Jul 21, 2012
    The Dark Knight.

There is no doubt in me that this second Batman movie from Christopher Nolan stands as out of the best movies ever made. I ain't saying that The Dark Knight is the best movie ever, mind you. But witnessed Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker, the enchating visual and the depth of the story that The Dark Knight offers, one will never argue that most people have a good
    time watching it. And for those who claim that they don't enjoy this caped-crusader's saga against its arch-nemesis The Joker, my question for you is: What movies that you usually watch? Expand
  74. Dec 12, 2013
    This is probably my favorite movie of all time and especially my favorite performance by an actor. Heath Ledger makes the movie with his portrayal of the Joker. The movie is full of twists, great acting in general, emotional moments and of course moments of craziness. If you haven't watched it you should do so now!
  75. Jul 22, 2012
    will never see something like this again.
    best movie of all time.
    the thirll in the movie when joker chases the police van and when dent goes out of the box was somthing legendry.
    will see it again and again
  76. Aug 7, 2012
    This film is without a doubt one of the best films I have seen in my entire life, the madness that is The Joker , with brilliant acting by Heath Ledger, made this film a masterpiece. And people saying that it is overrated and they "tried too hard" with it, are being absolutely ridiculous.
  77. Aug 7, 2012
    Amazing film....brilliantly acted, specially Heath Ledger's performance........very good plot. This film has changed the way we see comic book movies forever.
  78. Dec 29, 2012
    After getting warmed up with the great origin and character development in Batman Begins, Christopher Nolan, now presents us with an even better sequel. Heath Ledger is great as The Joker. I liked Aaron Eckhart as two-face who is actually an interesting character in this franchise (unlike the Tim Burton Franchise where we seemed like a minor character given little attention). This is a great continuation of the franchise. Expand
  79. Aug 12, 2012
    The Dark Knight [2008]
    I'm in the minority of the audience base where I say that I prefer "Batman Begins" than "The Dark Knight". However, that dosen't me from saying that "The Dark Knight" is a great movie, much less of a superhero movie, but more of a crime psychological thriller. I like how they decided not to put Batman/Bruce Wayne as the focal character in the movie, and although
    they practically did that in the Burton and Schumacher films, they were done poorly and mainly for toyetic reasons, while this film does it with a clear and specific purpose that is just done brilliantly. This is not a Batman film, it's a film about Harvey Dent, his story, his rise and fall towards the depths of corruption and chaos. The scene in the interrogation room and the final scene in the building are the clearest standouts.

PS: I'm pissing my pants right now on how psyched I am to see "The Dark Knight Rises" tonight.
  80. Aug 25, 2012
    The Dark Knight Is One Of My Favorite Films Of All Time Ranking Second On My Top Ten Favorite Films List On IMDB Behind My Number One Favorite Film Of All Time Citizen Kane, I Like This Movie Because Of Heath Ledger's Performance As The Joker, This Is The ''Gone With The Wind'' Of Comic Book Movies.
  81. Sep 4, 2012
    "The Dark Knight", hands down, is fantastic. With It's great story, fantastically terrific voice acting (especially, I admired the Joker's voice acting) and bad ass actors, "The Dark Knight" is highly recommendable from my opinion.
  82. Sep 10, 2012
    Theres nothing bad about this film at all. It had awesome technology, a worthy batman, the best joker ever, and intense action. Like one critic said, Its not your ordinary superhero movie, its better
  83. Sep 11, 2012
    This is the movie that completely redifined the way of making superheroe movies. Chris Nolan's view of Batman takes it to inimaginable levels, even further than what seen in "Begins".
  84. Oct 26, 2012
    A fantastic reworking of Batman. Talk about revitalizing excitement in the series. The dark tone of the movie allows them to explore a story more similar to the original comic series. And beyond the comics, the Joker's character presents one of the most sadistic, contemporary villains in modern narrative. This is an instant classic with fantastic chemistry.
  85. Sep 20, 2012
    It will leave you speechless from the beginning. Heath Ledger gave an amazing portrayal of the Joker as his facial expressions change from unseen calmness to craziness in matter of seconds. The sensational climax is stretched throughout the run time and you'll just want to watch it again just to focus on the beautiful little details. The action scenes are incredible and beautifully executed, with every move carefully planned. The Dark Knight will meet the requests of all the Batman fanatics; from the deeply characterised antagonist, the unrepeatable fearful and depressing atmosphere the Joker brings upon the city to the most beautiful Batman costumes and high-tech gadgets you could have ever imagined. Expand
  86. Dec 7, 2012
    Good movie but it is too slow.
  87. Sep 27, 2012
    This film was pretty overrated and really hyped...but it was still a pretty good film. Heath Ledger's performance was spectacular, he made the Joker twisted, divine, evil, and cunning at the same time. Even a bit nuts, but that's just me. Overall, good film. Good action. Not bad.
  88. Oct 2, 2012
    This is one of the best movies I have seen in cinemas in the past 10 years or so, the set pieces and technical codes are top notch, the scale of the film is huge and the characters are so rich and diverse and brilliantly played by their respective actors. Incredible. A word on the DVD also; the sound of the film on the DVD is the best of my large collection, it's extremely well produced.
  89. Oct 15, 2012
    a phenomenal masterpiece whose creators aren't content with simply making a great comic book movie, but craft one that transcends the genre to become one of the best films this decade. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Carrie-2013-has-hemorrhoids-/154149308058300
  90. Oct 4, 2012
    One of the best movies of all time. Exciting throughout, great characters, especially the Joker, and loads of undying scenes. Apart from the action and plot, it gets a little psychological with Batman put in a moral dilemma, and also philosophical showing consequences of extreme nihilism. For me it is a huge lot better than the predecessor or the sequel, the indisputably best part of the trilogy.
  91. Dec 22, 2012
    The Dark Knight is something I don't know why gets so much praise. It's definitely an above average movie, but is this really a masterpiece as almost everyone says it is. Then when people say it's the best superhero movie ever, that's where I really get a little frustrated. First off this movie is way too long and boring and confusing at most times. I can barely understand what's going on as if I had to watch Batman Begins or a prologue in order to understand this. Plus when I hear the words Batman and superhero movie, I expect action, The Dark Knight barely has any of that, and really irritated me. I don't hate this movie, I actually have it on Blu-ray and watch it every now and then, but I will say Heath Ledger as Joker was awesome, and for me saved the movie a lot. Expand
  92. Oct 30, 2012
    The script is well-written, the performances are splendid, and the action sequences give the constant thrills. From the colored pages of its comic books to the glorious big screen, The Dark Knight is the greatest adaptation ever made.
  93. Oct 16, 2012
    Best movies I've seen in this year 2012 is Looper and batman the dark knight rises ,my all time favorite movie's are The Godfather (1972) .Taxi Driver (1976). Carrie (1976). Scarface (1983). GoodFellas (1990) . Raging Bull (1980) .Casino (1995) there masterpiece movies, what i don't like are the silly remakes why a new carrie movie ? this is the 4th movie carrie the made it's just stupid ,Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie are absolutely perfect ,they both got Oscar nominations out of it, for God sake!. Rest in peace Heath Ledger you will never be forgotten Expand
  94. Dec 19, 2012
    AMAZING. In my book, this movie is a CLASSIC. I don't like superhero movies, and I never really found anything interesting about Batman but...this doesn't even feel like a superhero movie. It feels like a deep analysis of people's mind and goes into an almost psychological rampage of the movie. Clever, well acted (Heath Ledger's Oscar) and more importantly, I loved it. Great, great movie. A plus-plus. Classic. Expand
  95. Nov 9, 2012
    Christopher Nolan has created something brilliant. A dark Batman motivated by emotion and personal vendetta, yet compassionate enough to do what is right and become not a hero, but a symbol- a symbol that lights a fire in the hearts of the hopeless.
  96. Nov 9, 2012
    Without Heath Ledger, this movie would've been forgotten the second it left theaters. It's a solid flick without him. But he was the reason that my eyes were glued to the TV. When The Joker was on screen, my heart rate slowed and my hairs stood on end. When he was off screen, I was simply waiting for him to appear again. Goosebumps.
  97. Dec 30, 2012
    Chritopher Nolan has made dark material indeed. This thriller explores how fear can make a civilians do anything for a solution including almost killing each other. And it's almost too much for Batman to get over. The Joker is one of the best villians ever and Heath Ledger showed us how serious you can play a role thought to be a funny role however it's made as a terrifying role thanks to Heath Ledger. Events happen in ways that surprise me even when I've seen about 9 times. Expand
  98. Nov 14, 2012
    Incredible. Just incredible. Heath Ledger, Christian Bale and Aaron Eckhart's performances are the most superb I've seen since The Godfather. It's amazing how well Christopher Nolan captured the lives of these remarkable people.

May be the most hopeless, despairing comic-book movie in memory. It creates a world where being a superhero is at best a double-edged sword and no triumph is likely to be anything but short-lived.
  2. Mixing bravura filmmaking with flat clich├ęs in about equal amounts, The Dark Knight is all about dualism. Appropriately, the movie's half-inspired, half-frustrating.
  3. An action blockbuster extravaganza that's sadder than sad and never pretends otherwise.