8.9

1. Jan 21, 2011
    I don't understand why this movie gets bashed so much because it's "overrated." So what? Pretend as though you never heard anyone say how good this film is, then watch it, and then talk to me. And don't even get me started on people saying, "People like it just because Heath Ledger died!" Again, pretend as though he didn't die, watch his performance again, and then come talk to me. AnI don't understand why this movie gets bashed so much because it's "overrated." So what? Pretend as though you never heard anyone say how good this film is, then watch it, and then talk to me. And don't even get me started on people saying, "People like it just because Heath Ledger died!" Again, pretend as though he didn't die, watch his performance again, and then come talk to me. An outstanding performance by anyone who was ever involved in this film. Expand
  2. Sep 20, 2011
    This super hero movie is a rare film that drills deep inside the character and the script more than the action. It may be boring to a few people who despise waiting for 2 hrs; However I promise you, Heath Ledger will keep you amazed the whole time. Ultimately, Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is a masterpiece, a film that doesn't just show off the visuals and action, but understandsThis super hero movie is a rare film that drills deep inside the character and the script more than the action. It may be boring to a few people who despise waiting for 2 hrs; However I promise you, Heath Ledger will keep you amazed the whole time. Ultimately, Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" is a masterpiece, a film that doesn't just show off the visuals and action, but understands what deep pains and afflictions a superhero suffers. Expand
  3. Jun 6, 2014
    "The Dark Knight" is proof that Chris Nolan saved the Batman saga. this is literally the best Batman movie we ever had in years! from the mind-blowing action, to the incredible acting, fantastic characters, strong script, layers of character depth and development, epic music, awesome special effects... i can't see anything wrong with "The Dark Knight". cause everything's the work of art,"The Dark Knight" is proof that Chris Nolan saved the Batman saga. this is literally the best Batman movie we ever had in years! from the mind-blowing action, to the incredible acting, fantastic characters, strong script, layers of character depth and development, epic music, awesome special effects... i can't see anything wrong with "The Dark Knight". cause everything's the work of art, of a person who knows how to do the Batman saga justice. it's like if Christopher Nolan was like "Outta the way, **** It's my turn now". and he saved Batman, he brought Batman back to life again, and i thank him so much for that. also, Heath Ledger as the Joker: a phenomenon! other actors can try, but nobody's ever gonna top Heath Ledger's Joker. and Christopher Nolan still stays as one of the best directors we've ever had. "The Dark Knight" is a phenomenon! Expand
  4. Jan 12, 2011
    THE BEST MOVIE EVER! I just have to say that this movies are awesome, and so is Christopher Nolan. He's never failed us and he has made five movies and I bet all of them are possible contenders for best movie ever. So anyways, I liked how Rachel just gives up on Bruce for Harvey Dent, whom everyone deems "The Better Man" or "The White Knight". I also loved how the Joker is just psycho andTHE BEST MOVIE EVER! I just have to say that this movies are awesome, and so is Christopher Nolan. He's never failed us and he has made five movies and I bet all of them are possible contenders for best movie ever. So anyways, I liked how Rachel just gives up on Bruce for Harvey Dent, whom everyone deems "The Better Man" or "The White Knight". I also loved how the Joker is just psycho and he doesn't care for anything except bombs, gasoline, and crime. I believe he is just out there to prove a point. That even Gotham's best can fall. He even nearly completed his plan by corrupting Harvey but Batman/Bruce took the blame. I love how, in the end, Harvey's gun is pointed at the men "responsible" for Rachel's death (Batman, Gordon, himself) and how his mind is just twisted into thinking that they were actually responsible. I think Heath Ledger gave an excellent performance, all out, although it hasn't turned out for the best. I'm sure we'd all prefer that this was never made or was never as good for the sake of Heath Ledger but, you got to admit, this is just such a good movie. Expand
  5. Dec 9, 2010
    One of my favorite movies as a huge batman fan I couldn't be happier. The joker was easily the best done joker ever. Can't give this movie enough praise and can't wait for the next.
  6. Nov 1, 2010
    One of only a handful of flawless films I have seen in my lifetime. (To give this movie a 0 (Zero) is morally irresponsible.)
  7. Jan 13, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. i have 5000 character limit for writing my opinion about this movie..is it enough? Absoulately not... The best movie ever...awesome...fantastic...amazing... you can find lot of words like this... you feel every emotion in the movie.Every scene has another feeling.Love, action, humanity, movie gives every feelings to you. i advise all world people to watch this movie. Because you wil not see a film like this for 50 years Expand
  8. Apr 1, 2012
    The Dark Knight dares to be more than it should be. It transcends the barriers of being labelled a "Batman movie" or "superhero movie" by excelling in all areas: character, plot, action, writing, acting, directing. The Dark Knight is not for fans of Batman or fans of serious drama. It is a film for everyone and stands as one of the most important films of the decade.
  9. Oct 30, 2014
    Continuing from where Batman Begins ended peerless director Christopher Nolan reunites with Christian Bale for the continuing story of The Dark Knight. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent Batman sets out to put a halt to the criminal activity that plagues Gotham City. Just as everything seems to be going their way the peace is shattered by a criminalContinuing from where Batman Begins ended peerless director Christopher Nolan reunites with Christian Bale for the continuing story of The Dark Knight. With the help of Lieutenant Jim Gordon and District Attorney Harvey Dent Batman sets out to put a halt to the criminal activity that plagues Gotham City. Just as everything seems to be going their way the peace is shattered by a criminal mastermind known as The Joker.

Batman may be on the DVD cover but this is really The Jokers movie. Following the death of Heath Ledger prior to the movies release there was huge hype regarding his performance and he certainly delivers. His portrayal is a far cry from the camp 1960s iteration and as creepy and disturbing as any villain in cinema history. Running at about two and a half hours in length The Dark Knight needed a worthwhile plot to go with the high quality action scenes and on this count the movie again doesn't fail featuring plenty of twists and surprises.

The Dark Knight is without doubt the best super hero movie of all time.
  10. Dec 17, 2011
    Christopher Nolan is an absolute genius. Batman Begins was a great film, but this just about blows it out of the water. Nolan knows good acting, and some amazing actors are in this one. Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, LEDGER, all greats. The action scenes are suspenseful and aplenty (with a batmobile scene standing out) . and the script is superb. Seriously, this movie is super quotable.Christopher Nolan is an absolute genius. Batman Begins was a great film, but this just about blows it out of the water. Nolan knows good acting, and some amazing actors are in this one. Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine, LEDGER, all greats. The action scenes are suspenseful and aplenty (with a batmobile scene standing out) . and the script is superb. Seriously, this movie is super quotable. Ledger was born to play the Joker, and everybody that says his acting is "overrated" will never be happy. Aaron Eckhart is also superb. The best superher movie ever. Expand
  11. Feb 24, 2013
    Regular readers of this blog know that I don't like super heroes, but Batman is the exception. As a kid he was the only one I thought was cool and the only one that i felt could be real. Apparently Christopher Nolan has the same idea. What I love about his take on Batman is that it's very realistic. Even the joker, as out there as he maybe, was a much more believable and realistic villainRegular readers of this blog know that I don't like super heroes, but Batman is the exception. As a kid he was the only one I thought was cool and the only one that i felt could be real. Apparently Christopher Nolan has the same idea. What I love about his take on Batman is that it's very realistic. Even the joker, as out there as he maybe, was a much more believable and realistic villain than the portrait by Jack Nicholson. As for the movie, it's an amazing story, with one of the best performances ever, by the late Heath Ledger who I really couldn't stand until this movie! As with all Nolan movies, it's a very visually appealing film, with a great story, and cast perfectly. I can honestly say that this is as good as it gets! There will never be a better Batman or super hero movie. Expand
  12. Feb 14, 2012
    I was so pumped for this movie to come out for years and then Heath Ledger's passing made it an even bigger event. I went to see it on opening day and I swear during a few of the joker scenes I got chills because it was so good. And any movie that can have that much of an effect on me deserves a 10/10.
  13. May 6, 2012
    Batman's greatest foe yet is revealed in The Dark Knight. And he is amazing. The combination of Heath Ledger and Christian Bale is magnificent. This is truly the best superhero movie to date. Every little detail leads to something in the end. The special effects still remain some of the best and this movie was truly advanced for the year it was released.
  14. Mar 8, 2014
    Absolutely stunning. This sequel is dark, sophisticated, and is better than its predecessor. It has emotion, powerful and superb acting, and impressive visuals. This film is, beyond any doubt, a must-see. Oh, and the Joker in the movie, is beyond fantastic.
  15. Oct 30, 2012
    The script is well-written, the performances are splendid, and the action sequences give the constant thrills. From the colored pages of its comic books to the glorious big screen, The Dark Knight is the greatest adaptation ever made.
  16. Apr 7, 2013
    What a breath of fresh air. Such a brilliant step up from the previous movie. Fantastic performances all round. Ledger in particular was just amazing as the Joker. This is what a Batman movie should be. I would love to say more, but I really can not falter this movie in any way. As close to perfect as I could hope for a comic to movie film.

Overall:
    This is Batman!
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    One of the best superhero movies of all time. The Dark Knight is much better than Batman Begins, mainly because of Heath Ledgers mesmerising performance as The Joker. I won't go on about just take my word for it that he's amazing. Batman Begins had a weak plot, this has one of the best plots of any movie ever, Christopher Nolan took a risk and made the plot political instead of pointlessOne of the best superhero movies of all time. The Dark Knight is much better than Batman Begins, mainly because of Heath Ledgers mesmerising performance as The Joker. I won't go on about just take my word for it that he's amazing. Batman Begins had a weak plot, this has one of the best plots of any movie ever, Christopher Nolan took a risk and made the plot political instead of pointless like Batman Begins, and it worked. The Dark Knight is a very enjoyable and one of the best movies of all time. Expand
  18. Jun 24, 2013
    The Dark Knight is a very tightly woven and smart movie. The plot is engaging, the characters are each unique and well acted (especially the joker) and the action is intense. Really, there is no issue with this movie. It's damn near perfect. You'll be interested and on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the end of the movie.
    The Dark Knight is not only the best Batman movie ever,
    The Dark Knight is not only the best Batman movie ever, it is also the greatest super hero based movie ever. Do yourself a favor and go watch it.
  19. May 6, 2013
    One of the best super hero movies of all times. If you havent seen it yet then..just stop reading this review and go see it first. Strong villains against strong super heros usually make the movie and this is no exception.
  20. May 31, 2013
    This is my favorite Batman movie ever! Christian Bale did another great performance as Batman and Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker. The plot is excellent and the action sequences were great. I cannot understand anyone who doesn't like this movie.
  21. Dec 11, 2013
    This movie changed the way I see Batman. This Part 2 of the trilogy was by far the best in the trilogy, and probably the best Batman movie I've ever seen. Sorry, Adam West, Michael Keaton, and George Clooney. And that voice!
  22. May 5, 2014
    A single movie, with so many unique particularities and a simple proposal: be original and different at same time. Nolan brings us a mature and surprising Batman´s universe, with characters well made, including the Joker, the most impressive of all. Heath Ledger gives life to a scary, cold, shocking and overwhelming villain, that faces all Batman's limits with an unmerciful psychologicalA single movie, with so many unique particularities and a simple proposal: be original and different at same time. Nolan brings us a mature and surprising Batman´s universe, with characters well made, including the Joker, the most impressive of all. Heath Ledger gives life to a scary, cold, shocking and overwhelming villain, that faces all Batman's limits with an unmerciful psychological game at absolutely flawless and triumphant performance. With a tense, accurate and efficient score by Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard, led by the realistic and audacious proposal from Christopher Nolan, The Dark Knight is engaging and powerful, being the best adaptation of a comic-book to the cinema. Expand
  23. Jul 10, 2014
    This is my favorite movie. I like Christopher Nolan movies. This is his best movie. Good plot, fantastic acting. Heath Ledger is genius. Good effects, action, drama.
  24. Dec 21, 2014
    This Film is great,Christopher Nolan really knows who is Batman he made this movie one of the best films of all time.The Dark Knight has a good plot a great villain and a good musical score(Hans Zimmer).
  25. Sep 6, 2012
    The Dark Knight is everything an action movie should be: thrilling, suspenseful, epic and chock-full of action sequences that sometimes are as amusing as they are visually stimulating. But it's also an emotional journey that's so intricately weaved into the fabric of the movie it doesn't at all seem out of place (or disingenuous). Ledger's chilling (terrifying, nihilistic) portrayal of theThe Dark Knight is everything an action movie should be: thrilling, suspenseful, epic and chock-full of action sequences that sometimes are as amusing as they are visually stimulating. But it's also an emotional journey that's so intricately weaved into the fabric of the movie it doesn't at all seem out of place (or disingenuous). Ledger's chilling (terrifying, nihilistic) portrayal of the Joker is certain to go down in cinematic history as one of the greatest villains of all time and even then it might still be slightly under-appreciated. Nolan has succeeded in creating a genre-defying (and defining) film on such a grandiose scale, and with so little room for error, that he must be praised for what he truly is: a directorial savant. Expand
  26. Dec 21, 2014
    The Dark Knight is the superior Batman. This is what 1989 Batman should have been.Smart writing, smart direction, and incredible action sequences. Heath Ledger is the true Joker.
  27. Nov 28, 2012
    Taking, not just mine, but everyone's expectations and flipping them on their heads. Nolan managed to harness everything that was great in "Batman Begins" and augment those qualities to a near epic degree. He even added some newer things of his own creation into the mix. I speak, of course, of Heath Ledger's Academy-Award Winning Joker. Virtually every line out of Heath's mouth in thisTaking, not just mine, but everyone's expectations and flipping them on their heads. Nolan managed to harness everything that was great in "Batman Begins" and augment those qualities to a near epic degree. He even added some newer things of his own creation into the mix. I speak, of course, of Heath Ledger's Academy-Award Winning Joker. Virtually every line out of Heath's mouth in this movie is amazing. In fact the entire script of this movie contains these little hidden gems that Nolan just flicks at your head throughout the entire film. However, it's Heath's performance that still reigns surpeme in this film overall. He and Nolan not only created an Oscar-Winning character, but a character that has had a pretty deep impact on pop culture. Aaron Eckhart did a good job as the tragic Harvey Dent character. All of the other actors were fantastic as well - including Bale's continually impressive Bruce Wayne/Batman performance. On a technical level, the production design and set pieces in the film were absolutely magnificant. I also felt Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard did another wonderful job in crafting the score for this film. Overall, Christopher Nolan manages to create a sequel that is not only better than the original, but he manages to craft my favorite movie of all time. Expand
  28. Jan 18, 2013
    This is the best superhero movie ever made. A masterpiece. Nolan shows again he's one of the greatest directors of al time. Cast is excellent, espyially Heath Ledger, the story is awesome, ..... How can David Denby give this movie a 50, I don't understand it. AWESOME MOVIE
  29. Aug 22, 2013
    As a whole, it can exclaim itself as a sophisticated comic book film. Heath Ledger's Joker is what captivates us. He absorbs into this role with a type of noir-like version of the classic comic book character, becoming a murderous and calculating psychopath. The only comic book film that deserved any Oscar, especially for Heath Ledger.

May be the most hopeless, despairing comic-book movie in memory. It creates a world where being a superhero is at best a double-edged sword and no triumph is likely to be anything but short-lived.
  2. Mixing bravura filmmaking with flat clichés in about equal amounts, The Dark Knight is all about dualism. Appropriately, the movie's half-inspired, half-frustrating.
  3. An action blockbuster extravaganza that's sadder than sad and never pretends otherwise.