8.6

1. Nov 27, 2013
    German director, Fatih Akin, explores relationships between national people from Germany and immigrant people from Turkey (most immigrant people in Germany is from Turkey). Reasoning is word most useful for this film. Akin shows us a direct question to us and he shows his particular vision about Turkish-German people in present. Beautiful film.
  2. May 11, 2013
    A number of people started comparing The Edge of Heaven to Babel/Crash and other vertebrate type storylines alike. And even though there is a structural resemblance, the director Akin, a prodigy of immigration himself, makes a movie oozing nostalgia for home; in one thread home is the love of one's life, in another it is the country of origin, in the other one the bosom of a woman, and inA number of people started comparing The Edge of Heaven to Babel/Crash and other vertebrate type storylines alike. And even though there is a structural resemblance, the director Akin, a prodigy of immigration himself, makes a movie oozing nostalgia for home; in one thread home is the love of one's life, in another it is the country of origin, in the other one the bosom of a woman, and in another belonging to a cause. Notable mention should be made to the exceptional editing which invariably adds irony and suspense. Expand
  3. Aug 25, 2011
    what can i say about this movie .whether its music or cinematography or acting or editing .everything in the movie is top notch.the theme of the movie forgiveness is very divine. fatih akin handles this multidimensional subject with great care and it surpasses the film babel in one way 'simplicity'
  4. FreddyL
    Jan 19, 2009
    While I was bothered by the "see how it all fits together" narrative in other films, such as "Crash", and "Babel", here it works out well, in an impressive and very moving film.
  5. SM
    Dec 31, 2008
    You won't regret watching this. Promise!!
  6. ElliottM
    Dec 23, 2008
    Far and away the best thing I saw in 2008. Still can't stop thinking about it.
  7. Angie
    Nov 30, 2008
    While this movie may have got me thinking about, well, stuff, I didn't really enjoy it. I found the acting to be very good, but I didn't care for the meandering, situational storyline. That's just me.
  8. JayH.
    Oct 13, 2008
    Powerful film, a bit too slow moving at times, but the characters are richly developed, great and well developed screenplay. Fine acting all around. Touching and moving.
  9. RobertI.
    Jun 21, 2008
    Intertwining of people and places, with verisimilitude in the weaving, mixing human dignity and decency and desire. All that's missing is a gifted cinematographic eye, which would have raised the scenes to a 10.

1. Intermittently powerful drama explores a cross-cultural estrangement.
  2. Like a more personal, less pretentious version of Alejandro González Iñárritu's "Babel," this spiraling dissection of circumstance, choice and fate is more about thoroughness of vision than tricky storytelling.
    All too often, films about interconnected lives stumble under the weight of coincidences. Not The Edge of Heaven.