6.5

1. Jul 6, 2011
    so many horror films are the usaul formula . some whacko with some form of wepon goes on a rampage killing abunch of people with there being no focus but on blood and guts and all the scares seen coming a mile away. this movie is differnt . its a well told story with great acting and kept me on the edge of my seat on what was gona happen next. the scares dont come at you every second .so many horror films are the usaul formula . some whacko with some form of wepon goes on a rampage killing abunch of people with there being no focus but on blood and guts and all the scares seen coming a mile away. this movie is differnt . its a well told story with great acting and kept me on the edge of my seat on what was gona happen next. the scares dont come at you every second . instead its more of a pace that builds up slow and picks up then stops for awhile then picks back up again . its more of a drama horror film which is welcome to me. if you wana see a bunch of blood and guts and teens girls running around with there tops off .. see some thing els . if you wana see more of a intellegent horror film see this. Expand
  2. Aug 19, 2010
    This movie was terrible. In name of my Lord Jesus Christ, this movie should be banned. Everyone knows that demonic possession is an issue that causes a lot of pain and a lot of suffering to a lot of families in de United States only. I think that the director of this movie should be stoned to death... I'm just sayin'-
  3. Nov 27, 2012
    Before I saw this film. I know it's based on a true story. So I know these can not be any too dramatic scene in this film. And I believe my guess is right. This film don't want to give a clear answer about the exist of God and Demon. The film just show the whole thing through the film and let US decide these issues. At the end of this film I believe the director hope that we all could haveBefore I saw this film. I know it's based on a true story. So I know these can not be any too dramatic scene in this film. And I believe my guess is right. This film don't want to give a clear answer about the exist of God and Demon. The film just show the whole thing through the film and let US decide these issues. At the end of this film I believe the director hope that we all could have our beliefs back and love the whole world (not only religious stuff I think). Also the scary scene in this film can be ambiguous. You can not actually tell what happened the father and the actress is delusion or there is really ghost or demon in this world. After all, this is a great film. Expand
  4. Jun 15, 2012
    This is (for now) the only film about an exorcism that I found very disturbing and original after The Exorcist. Based on a true story the film manages to keep tension in the spectator filled with moments of suspense, good actors and a very good director. To see.
  5. Apr 6, 2012
    Good! Much better than what I expected. This is not your traditional exorcism...if you watch it, you will know what I mean! The movie has a great art direction, good performances. It is intense, and a touch unconventional. Scary? To me, it was! Give it a go!
  6. Sep 2, 2014
    Nearly every film surrounding an exorcism takes huge influences from 1974's The Exorcist. Of all of these films, this might be the best attempt to be refreshing.
  7. Jun 7, 2013
    Criminally underrated as both a horror film and courtroom drama. Fueled by some terrific lead performances from Laura Linney and Tom Wilkinson, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is one of the best of its kind. Recommended.
  8. Aug 30, 2013
    Perhaps best presented under the title, "Law & Order: Exorcism Victims Unit", would the film have attracted praise for being nothing more than what was to have been expected (utter boredom in a festering court melodrama of drivel.) Devoid of interesting characters, and featuring the most lacking of cinematography, The Exorcism of Emily Rose is actually The Exorcism of Your Time.
  9. Sep 2, 2014
    "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" is half courtroom drama and half exorcism film, and it fails on both levels. It is neither an intriguing courtroom drama or a scary possession film. It's poorly acted and shot and extremely boring. I don't recommend it at all.

1. Reviewed by: Derek Elley
    Some genuine shocks punctuate The Exorcism of Emily Rose, an unusually intelligent genre item that manages to mix full-bore horror with courtroom drama.
  2. Derrickson's flick can sour your stomach with piety, which is a shame -- its moments of jolt wattage rate with many J-horrors.
    Part courtroom drama, part otherworldly shocker, the film basically restages the Scopes Monkey Trial and comes out once more against Mr. Darrow, and it's got the spine-twisting, tongues-speaking, devil-channeling hellion to prove it.