8.1

1. RonR.
    Oct 11, 2008
    This film has come along at a time when America needs to be reminded that great people have strength, character and integrity. I gave me hope and reinforced that people can rise above adversity and negativity. I will see it again in order to balance news about politicians or financial company CEOs.
  2. SharonC.
    Oct 19, 2008
    I truly do not understand why this movie is given such a low rating by the critics. The film portrays our countries attitude towards African Americans at that time with great insight and accuracy. The acting is superb by both Dennis Quaid and Rob Brown. Plus, the supporting cast ain't to bad either. One feature of the film that I really liked was the editing...slicing actually scenes I truly do not understand why this movie is given such a low rating by the critics. The film portrays our countries attitude towards African Americans at that time with great insight and accuracy. The acting is superb by both Dennis Quaid and Rob Brown. Plus, the supporting cast ain't to bad either. One feature of the film that I really liked was the editing...slicing actually scenes into the story. During the 50's, and 60's I watched Jim Brown play for the Cleveland Browns from the stands. Expand
  3. ChuckD.
    Oct 24, 2008
    Excellent flick
  4. msmitty
    Jan 24, 2009
    A very entertaining movie that is well worth the money. Theres a little bit of everything in the movie with very good football attributes.
  5. DonnaT.
    Oct 11, 2008
    Excellent movie A history lesson that demonstrates character, courage, determination, sacrifice, teamwork and excellence ! I'm not even a football fan. Every young person should see.
  6. JerryV.
    Oct 13, 2008
    Very good sports movie probably one of the best.
  7. BK.
    Oct 23, 2008
    Inspiring story told strictly by0the-book. The lead nails the part! Quaid has done this part many times before.
  8. SteveTripp
    Oct 25, 2008
    Good film overall. Didn't have the fluidity that most good piopics have but I still recommend it.

1. Thanks to a rock-solid performance by Dennis Quaid, nice historical touches and energetic direction by Gary Fleder, the tried-and-true formula is given a welcome shot of adrenaline.
  2. Reviewed by: John Anderson
    Crowdpleasing and oh-so-predictable.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Wilonsky
    Like all formulaic biopics, The Express sacrifices the details for the Big Picture--hagiography without the humanity.