8.1

1. Dec 17, 2010
    I was suprised. I expected it to be good, but it was awesome. The Drama was realistic, the fighting was exhilerating, and the acting was superb. Go see it
  2. Dec 19, 2010
    Wahlberg not Warlberg...sorry. My impressions remain the same with regard to my earlier review of this fantastic movie !!!! Additionally, I must also compliment the other actors who all played an integral role in without this total chemistry it may have just been good rather than fantastic.
  3. Dec 11, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought it was going to be a tiresome cliche movie with manufactured scenes, but I was dead wrong. The movie as a whole has a lot of CHARM. The cast was outstanding from top to bottom and Bale nailed every scene with perfection! Naturally, people will compare this to Rocky base from the trailer alone and boxing element, but if you watch the Fighter entirely, you will see that its a totally different. Rocky and The Fighter deserve to be known as their own. Another thing to keep in mind is the Rocky was art imitating life (inspired from a true event), while The Fighter was life imitating art (a true story).

I deducted one point from this movie because I thought they could have rephrased the info in the aftermath of film. [SPOILER alert]. After the last scene, they should have written "After winning the title, Micky Ward began his epic career including his trilogy with Arturo Gatti.....Three of his boxing matches were voted Fight of the Year........Dicky Ecklund was by his corner at all times." [END Spoiler] .
  4. Dec 18, 2010
    This is the best movie I have seen in a long time. Great acting all way around. Good script and the action was superb. I heard several people watching saying they got goosebumps from several scenes. Hard to imagine a better movie this year.
  5. Dec 26, 2010
    A great sports drama, elevated by powerful supporting turns from Bale, Adams, and Leo. The story is uplifting, without being melodramatic, and is greatly helped by Russell's realistic direction. If Bale does not win, let alone be nominated for, an Oscar for this, I'll be shocked, as it's right up the Academy's alley.
  6. Jan 23, 2011
    Great performances by the four core actors (Whalberg, Bale, Leo, Adams) but also a great story that takes you on an emotional ride in the Ecklund/Ward family. A classic story of redemption.
  7. Dec 27, 2010
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Exactly how uneducated and emotionally stunted are the fighter's seven sisters, the hairspray-addled girls who give Charlene(Amy Adams), a barmaid, such a hard time? Very uneducated. Very, very stunted. That's how much. Concerning adulthood, the "girls" put to mind that old adage, "they know the words, but not the music". Set in 1993, the Ecklund sisters, some of them clearly pushing forty(Asian women age better), are like eternal teenagers, catty and fiercely cliquish, under the watchful eye of a domineering mother, so eighties, it hurts just looking at them. That Alice(Melissa Leo), she's a real piece of work. Her kids are all messed up. The movie's use of Whitesnake's "Here I Go Again" suggests that Nirvana never made it to Lowell, Massachusetts. While it's the brothers who know how to take and deliver a punch, the sisters seem to be the ones who ended up punch-drunk. To them, a college...dropout, not a graduate, mind you, is cause for class warfare. Any man alive, let alone a woman, has to be brave to enter the Ecklund household; enter the fighter's girlfriend, a former URI high-jumper, categorically dismissed as that "MTV girl", a woman deemed by the "white trash" Greek chorus to be something akin to a fleshy hood ornament on David Coverdale's car, weathers the name-calling and wouldn't be faulted if she chose to fight fire with fire, by pointing out the elephant in the room that Dickie(Christian Bale) brings into the open during the film's most telling scene. Tired of living in his brother's shadow, Micky finally summons up enough intestinal fortitude to set his vampiric family straight, when the aging pugilist announces his plans to tarin year-round in Las Vegas, while Charlene sits not-so-quietly on the couch, lending moral support throughout this long-overdue ostracization process. The wisdom of the move, of course, is challenged. First, by Alice, who resorts to emotional blackmail so transparent, a panel of judges, if there was one present, would have awarded the fight to Micky, by unanimous decision, and then by a brother whose rhetoric functions like punches that never land. Swing and miss, swing and miss goes Dicky(whose claim to fame was a moral victory over middleweight boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard...almost fourteen years ago), and his mouth, spouting out the pros of staying home to train, just like he did in his prime, without a trace of self-awareness about the ramifications that this tragic decision entailed. Because Dicky remained staunchly local, and surrounded himself with the dope fiends of this working class borough(he's known as "The Pride of Lowell"), he helped contribute to his own demise, succumbing like he did, to the crackheads and the prevailing milieu of social and economical decay. He had help, of course, but nobody has the heart, not even Charlene who claims to hate him, least of all, the fighter's father(henpecked to death by Alice) and the fighter himself, to lay bare the facts about this almost famous fighter's life since his brief taste of fleeting fame. "The Fighter" doesn't spell it out for moviegoers, but everybody can plainly see how the matriarch's sick promotion of familial tribalism(it's sick because Alice is willing to repeat the same mistakes with Micky) led to he favorite son's downward spiral, not to mention, the smaller roundabout southbound spirals of her cartoonish sisters. Speaking of cartoons, that's what the multiple incidents at the neighborhood crack house resemble, a Warner Brothers short, in which the mother and first-born son take on the personas of the Road Runner(she's fast, beep-beep, nine kids) and Wile E. Coyote. (Dicky has a friend he calls "Boo-Boo", which makes him Yogi Bear, I guess.) Like the feral dog, the crackhead constantly finds himself in the same fatalistic predicament; he's falling down from a high place, a "cliff"(an open window), that ends with a thud(instead of the canyon floor's hard surface, he lands on a bed of garbage bags), in which he miraculously walks away from with nary a scratch. The coyote nearly kills the lightning-fast bird. Likewise, it's what Dicky does to his mother each time she surprises him at his drug den, that is, until Alice's compartmentalizing skills takes on a life of its own, by which she compartmentalizes the truth away. So Micky stays east-side, and eventually breaks away from his Looney Tunes family, but it's only temporary, since the whole clan is back in the fold before Ward's title bout with Englishman Shea Neary. As a result, Micky's victory feels somewhat tempered by Dicky's all-consuming hunger for recognition, co-opting his brother's success into his own, by feeding on the championship boxer's afterglow. True to form, during the post-script, some doc footage shows Ward struggling to get a word in edgewise from his showboating older brother, trying to steal the movie, and perhaps, succeeding. Expand
  8. Jan 22, 2011
    A strong cast--Christian Bale, Mark Wahlberg, and the dysfunctional family, sound pitch-perfect as people caught in the riptide of addiction. The mother from hell and her harpies add punch to the major characters. We're in Lowell; we want out.
  9. Dec 17, 2010
    The Fighter is one of the best movies I have ever seen! Everything from beginning to end is amazing. The acting is beyond perfect, especially Christian Bale. He's so talented, personally, I think he's up there with Johnny Depp, Gary Oldman, Anthony Hopkins, etc. Mark Wahlberg was pretty great too, but is accent was inconsistent. It went from light to non-existent to heavy. Still, he gave a wonderful performance. If you guys are at the movies and don't know what to see, definitely check out The Fighter! Expand
  10. Feb 20, 2011
    Great story, great performances. I see a lot of movies but seldom am as moved as I was with this one. There was a lot of ugliness in the movie, but a lot of beauty too. Great performances by Mark Wahlberg, Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Melissa Leo, Mickey O'Keefe (who played himself), and Jack McGee.
  11. Aug 6, 2011
    Spot on brilliance,realness,beauty and the kind of movie that new movies should take notes on.The kind of movie that you can really watch over and over just for the acting performances.
  12. Dec 15, 2010
    Oscar-bait gets a near perfect score from critics and cretins alike. Who would have thought! Oh, the tears in my eyes. The performances, the script...magnifique!
  13. Lyn
    Jan 28, 2011
    Painfully real at times, this movie touches on big, lofty themes while retaining a small, intimate feeling -- and even some oddly humorous moments. Christian Bale once again is astonishing, though it's painful seeing him really thin as in "The Machinist." Somehow I felt Mark Wahlberg could have done more with his character; it's not as if he's terrible, but I could picture any number of other actors in the role. Expand
  14. Feb 14, 2011
    "The Fighter is an Emotional , compelling , Truly inspirational film. Christan Bale and Mark Whalberg give the performances of there career in One of the finest boxing films i have ever seen. The Fighter will have you stand up and cheer .. SEE THIS MOVIE!!" .. A+
  15. Apr 23, 2011
    O.k., so I am working my way through the films that were nominated for best picture, The Social Network...I don't understand that nomination at all, what the heck is so good about that film? When I talk about a movie that I've seen, I try to not ruin it for people that have not yet seen it, so that usually means that I can't really say anything about the ending, because just by characterizing the ending, you can say too much, so that's why I'm not going to say anything about the endings, but I will try to tell you whether it's worth your time or not. The Kids are Alright, was pretty good, so I can see it being on a list of ten films. Inception, was great, and there were some aspects of it that I loved, but I thought that it ran a tad long, and got confusing in places. Winter's Bone, I guess that you would have to characterize that as a "sleeper" film, because I don't think that it's getting the audience that it deserves. Before I saw The Fighter, I would say that Winter's Bone was the best film that I saw from 2010, it is gritty, understated, and so very worthwhile, the atmosphere in that movie was so real, so palpable, a fantastic movie to me, certainly on the list, and a contender for number one. I have my copy of The King's Speech, but I am watching it tonight, haven't seen it yet. I can be pretty critical of moves, but after watching The Fighter last night, I bow down in awe. Masterful is not too strong of a description, I can't say enough about how much I loved it, and it's based on a true story, which doesn't happen all that often. The performances were amazing and riveting. I am not one to watch movies that I've seen over again, but this one and Winter's Bone, I will, gladly. Expand
  16. Dec 20, 2010
    The advertising leads you to believe this film is about Mark Wahlberg's character "Irish" Micky Ward, who once held the world welterweight boxing title. But this film is as much about his brother (astoundingly played by Christian Bale) and his mother (an incredible performance by Melissa Leo) and the twistsed/loving relationship they all had. Director David O. Russell has created a world that feels completely real, a bit freakish and almost stylized in its comic moments (especially the sisters). Every scene is layered, dynamic and a virtuoso spectacle of directing and acting. Expand
  17. Jan 18, 2011
    I was very hesitant to see this film, because I hate sports movies about the underdog that wins the big game/match at the end. There are a hundred of those movies and I'm sick of them. This movie, happily, is not about the boxing. It is about the family dynamic. Christian Bale is the standout performance. He's barely recognizable in the film, having lost a lot of weight for the part and made up to play the crack addict brother. The movie straddles the line between humor and drama and you get attached to the characters. Definitely one of the 10 best films of the year. Expand
  18. Dec 17, 2010
    This is a masterful movie. Everything from the script, to the direction to the acting is superb. You wait all year for a movie this good. Don't miss it. Oscar nominations to come.
  19. Dec 22, 2010
    If you stay for the credits and see the real Dicky and Micky, you realize you've just watched the truth. This movie is the truth. Pure and perfection. Hiring the guys who actually do the fights for HBO added to the authenticity. I just have to wonder who yelled the most... Bale or Russell. But who cares. They made a classic. Bravo.
  20. Dec 27, 2010
    rich, complex characters. incredibly well told story. christian bale should win. i can't believe i'm saying this, but it was my favorite movie of the year. definitely a must see.
  21. Dec 21, 2010
    Amazing movie with very believable actors and a classic portrayal of Micky Wards life. Christian Bale absolutely deserves the Best Supporting Actor award. I only wish they would have put at least the first Gatti fight in. BTW the kid who said the KO of the Mexican was unbelievable and ill rehearsed is a moron, don't listen to him, it was IDENTICAL to the actual fight.
  22. Dec 21, 2010
    Passionate, powerhouse performances. Amy Adams is amazing. Mark Whalberg is a knockout. Christian Bale is scary good and ridiculously convincing! See. This. Movie.
  23. Dec 26, 2010
    Completely disregard Bama72's entire review. He is obviously a troll on the metacritic website. This movie was fantastic! The cast was perfect, and Christian Bale's performance was dead on. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins best supporting actor.
  24. Dec 28, 2010
    This movie brought a tear to my eye. Being former golden gloves myself, I can say 100% that they nailed the gritty life of a pro boxer with this film. The brother dynamic that the actors captured is genuine and moving. This film is on par with the likes of Ali and Cinderella Man and exceeds them in a few ways. Hope this review helps.
  25. Dec 31, 2010
    Superb. The best part for me was the comedy offered by the female characters and Bale's perf as the crack addicted half brother. The story was told without silly camera moves or other self-indulgent nonsense so often deployed by Spike Lee, Scorcese, Tarantino and Aronofsky. Simple effective and engaging entertainment.
  26. Jan 5, 2011
    Sooooo goood! All around great job by all actors. Christian Bale stood out especially. Mark Wahlberg also does a great job. Amy Adams turns in a really good performance as well.
  27. Jan 7, 2011
    As good as my favorite movie of last year, The Wrestler. Similar great supporting roles and sympathetic hero. Christian Bale and Melissa Leo should get nominations for best supporting roles...Amy Adams might get a nod as well. Only reason I don't give The Fighter a 10 is Mark Wahlberg's good,but not exceptional work as main character. Some critics have not liked the humor that pops up from time to time in the movie. I could not disagree more...this is exactly what makes the whole thing work.Watching crack-high Bales dive out the window to avoid his family is priceless and sad at the same time. See it Expand
  28. Jan 12, 2011
    One of the better sports films of the last decade, The Fighter combines great acting, exciting fight sequences, and a powerful script to make an overall great film. Likely to be nominated for best picture at the Oscars.
  29. Jan 19, 2011
    Like Rocky but with backbone and edge to tell a story rather than entertain. What made me want to watch this movie was Mark Wahlberg's immaculate performance in 'The Departed' which surpassed Damon's, DiCaprio's and Nicholson's all at once in the same film. Once again the acting is near perfect and not just from Wahlberg, but from Bale, Adams, Leo, the WHOLE cast seems to ooze the reality of a Massachusetts neighbourhood. I suppose what's most important is that i feel like I've just read Micky Ward's autobiography and know all the details about his rise to brilliance. Personally, the best mainstream film and my favourite film of 2010. Personally, I would build O' Russell a house with mountains of BAFTA's and Oscar's he deserves. Expand
  30. Jan 22, 2011
    Just got back from the theater and I must say that fighter is an amazing film. From the art of the directing style to the emotionally gripping pieces, It is nothing short of a master piece.
  31. Jan 24, 2011
    Great movie. Bale does a great job portraying a crack head, very believable. The actors do a great job of portraying lowell and new england. Not a glamorized boxing movie, seemed very real.
  32. Feb 2, 2011
    I think that this film is second only to "Social Network" in the Best Picture category this year!!! Great cast, Impressive performances from all the A-list actors and Melissa Leo is definitely a dark horse for Best Supporting Actresses. I think the only knock against film is that we seen Boxing bio-pics to many time before, but just because it been done doesn't make an less of a great film. Bottom line, definitely go see this film.
    Acting: Excellent
    Storyline: Great
    Character: Classic
  33. Mar 4, 2011
    I was dragged to The Fighter and loved it. I expected a boxing drama and got a complex story that was more about family than pugilism. Some say the performances border on caricature; I think the Wards themselves border on caricature. It doesn't matter whether Alice and Dicky, and the wonderful wolf pack of sister, were exaggerated. They brought a comic element to the movie that was unexpected and uproarious. A $200 debt invalidates one's opinions. That was funny beyond words. Melissa Leo, Christian Bale and Amy Adams were amazing. And it was a good boxing drama too. Expand
  34. Aug 3, 2011
    Quite simply a knockout of a film! I have to concede that initially I didn't expect to much from this film but it was an absolutely awesome movie. Unlike other boxing films that have failed The Fighter gets the right recipe in mixing together the key ingredients of the boxing, the drama, the emotion and the story in what is an extremely realistic movie its gritty and very lifelike but also provides some genuinely fun moments! The film follows the younger days of "Irish" Micky Ward (Walhberg) and his journey to become World Champion, trained by his drug-addicted brother (Christian Bale). However, its a powerful film and there are some sublime performances throughout the film which justifiably saw Christian Bale and Melissa Leo (Alice Ward, the mother) picking up Oscar's for Best Supporting Actor/Actress, Bale was outstanding as Dicky Eklund in what must be one of the performances of his career whilst Leo was at her best in her portrayal as control-freak Alice Ward, just amazing! And not forgetting Wahlberg, who for a change is actually pretty good as Ward and Amy Adams is on fine form as Charlene Fleming. What sets The Fighter apart from other failed bpxing movies is the fact that this is more than a boxing movie! Its got the perfect combination and in doing so provides an engaging, exhilarating and staggering feel-good film. A must have movie! Expand
  35. Apr 23, 2011
    Rented this movie out of the Redbox. I had avoided seeing it as I figured it was just a another fight flick. Christian Bale steals the show from the first segment and keeps blazing to the end. No wonder this dude won the Acad award. Should have got best actor (sorry King). The entire cast is amazing. I loved the mother, the sisters, the family craziness. I was on the edge of dread the whole movie hoping the family wouldn't drag poor Marky Mark down with them. This is a fine move. And the best one dollar rental of the past three years. Expand
  36. Apr 20, 2011
    The acting is so sublime and the story so heart-wrenching, the movie is impossible to forget. Christian Bale stands out in my mind in what is one of the most stirring and beautifully acted roles I've seen in a while. An absolute pleasure.
  37. Jun 26, 2011
    The Fighter is a truly fine example of good old-fashioned filmmaking, but with a modern, gritty twist. Yes, Christian Bale does deserve the universal praise he has garnered as the good-for-nothing older brother, but it is as much Mark Wahlberg's film as it is Bale's (as it should be - he is the protagonist). Wahlberg gives a masterclass in the subtlety of acting, bringing across with ease what it would be like constantly living in your domineering elder brother's shadow. Unfortunately, subtlety doesn't win awards, though Wahlberg and Amy Adams should receive special recognition for sharing the screen and holding their own against the scene-stealing performances of Bale and Melissa Leo. Surprisingly enough for a boxing movie, the fights are probably the least entertaining aspect of the film, competently done though they are - it is the in-depth character development and and crackling family conflict that make The Fighter so truly memorable. Expand
  38. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie is a work of art. The acting is better then you could ever hope for in a movie and the story movies along at the perfect pace. Amy Adams, Melissa Leo and Christian Bale really deserve all the praise they are getting for what they did in this movie. Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg clearly took the roles seriously and worked their bodies into ridiculous physical shape, both strong and strung out. This is a must see for anybody who loves movies. Expand
  39. Aug 23, 2011
    An inspiring story and Christian Bale and Melissa Leo give their best performances to date, great acting, great writing, great directing, and great storytelling make this a great movie.
  40. Aug 23, 2011
    Fighter est un véritable upercut! bien entendu, les séquences de combat sont filmées avec brio et réalisme. Mais le plus important reste la relation entre les deux frangins (Mickey et Dicky). Et même si le film nous offre une brochette d'acteurs talentueux (étonnant Mark Wahlberg), ils sont tous dépassés par Christian Bale, tout simplement exceptionnel. Voir un tel acteur dans un tel film, difficile de ce relever après ce direct! Expand
  41. Nov 3, 2011
    It has the action, heart and emotion reminiscent of Rocky. Expertly directed and terrifically acted, The Fighter stands tall in the category of great inspirational films. 4/4 stars.
  42. Feb 11, 2012
    THE FIGHTER: LIFE-AFFIRMING

GIVE IT A TRY IF... You are not ashamed of crying and laughing at the same time.

STEER CLEAR IF... You donâ
  43. Jun 29, 2013
    Awesome film. As per usual, both Wahlberg and Bale do an outstanding job of acting, as does Amy Adams as Micky's girlfriend. At the end of the day, it's a sports movie, but it's an extremely good one that has characteristics most typical sports movies do not have. It draws you in with the in-depth and at times depressing story of Micky Ward's life and then his turn around into a champion.
  44. Aug 24, 2012
    A fantastic film which has an unbelievable cast. Everyone pulls their weight and with the storyline and characters vying for your every emotion, this is a film for all, not just boxing fans. I almost felt as if Micky Ward (Mark Wahlberg) wasn't the main character but his brother, Dicky Eklund (Christian Bale), was. It felt like a Ben Affleck film (and I mean that as a complement), about the hardships of growing up around Boston. This is a film of one man's dream and all the obstacles that are placed in his way to stop him. Expand
  45. Nov 7, 2012
    Every performance is excellent and Bale is perfect. The Fighter tells a story of lies, love, and perseverance, and is quite possibly the best film of the year.
  46. Nov 8, 2012
    The Fighter is a great movie, no doubt about that. The only minor problem was the performance of Walhberg, he could have made his character more eager. Mick's desire to make his own life better and to earn the championship needs to be developed more form Walhberg. However, Walhberg's act as a modest person is legitimate.
  47. Nov 28, 2012
    Guided by some unwaveringly perfect performances, "The Fighter" is a dignified example of what sports dramas should be - humble, honest, and exhilarating.
  48. Dec 8, 2012
    The Fighter was the one movie that I knew I had to see in 2010. My two favorite actors are Amy Adams and Christian Bale, so I knew I had to see this film to see them together. As the release date came closer, and as more and more Oscar buzz flowed, I knew this was going to be a great one. It is. This film is easily among the 5 best films of the year, if not the best.

The best part of
    this film is the acting. Unbelievable! The three main supporting cast members give some of the best performances I have ever seen. They have to go down as one strongest supporting casts ever. I believe Christian Bale will finally receive his long overdue Oscar. His performance is simply incredible. He completely takes ownership of the role and simply disappears entirely into the character. His character changes so much throughout the film and no better actor could have delivered as affectively. I also loved Melissa Leo's performance. Absolutely stunning! She is so real and believable as the tough mother. Her performance is truly remarkable. I believe Melissa Leo will win the Oscar for best supporting actress, but it was Amy Adams that completely made this film for me. Her performance is phenomenal! She completely steals every scene. She flawlessly portrays the quiet but tough Charlene. This film shows Amy Adams at her best. She, too, will receive an Oscar nomination, hopefully the win. Also, her performance really allows Mark Wahlberg to shine as well. He gives a good performance, but the entire film is dominated by stellar supporting actors.

A thing that surprised me was the screenplay. The script is simply fantastic. It is so real, strong, and genuinely portrays what the people of the area and time would have been like. The script also has many humorous moments that were surprising, but absolutely perfect. The Fighter is so much more than a typical sports or boxing film. It focuses more on relationships, family, and conflicts as opposed to the boxing. I have to mention the final fight scene.....brilliant. The perfect ending to a great movie. After being blessed with the first 90 minutes of the film, we are treated by an awesome final boxing scene. Loved it! Nominated for 7 Academy Awards including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay, this is a brilliant film. Far better than Rocky and Raging Bull will ever be. This deserved every amount of praise it received. Props to Mark Wahlberg for pushing to create this film!

Absolutely loved it. One of my favorites!
  49. Feb 16, 2013
    Set aside the gore and violence for a second... and think can you make a great 130 min sports drama without Sylvester Stallone The Fighter.... What an amazing movie. Everything was good about this film. It was a good kick ass sport drama. The critics are right about this film guys must WATCH. Well 9/10 is my review
  50. Oct 12, 2013
    O diretor David O.russell sem duvida um dos melhores da época atual, pois ele sempre segue a mesma fórmula em seus filmes, um tema complicado com um alto teor dramático com cenas tocantes, mas com vários alívios cômicos bem dosados que tiram um pouco do peso da trama e que deixam o filme mais divertido e melhor de se ver, o diretor tambem expressa muito bom gosto para aparte técnica a qual esta muito bem feita ,especeialmente na parte de imagem que reproduz muito bem as cenas de lutas oficiais transmitidas pela TV, e a parte de som especialmente a trilha sonora que conta com grandes musicas boas de rock.
    But the best of the film are the performances, Mark Wahlberg is very well his character and his dilemma, choosing between his girlfriend and his family, Amy Adans also works well in a decontrída but very serious, Melissa Leo is superb as it can translate shining bright so the sorrows and joys of a matriarch, but who steals Cristian Bale is he so good here that even remotely resembles the Batman, their ways of looking and acting are extremely pitiful, his victory was the oscar more than deserved.
    Putting it all gets a more than satisfactory result, a heartwarming story and companionship family the best style Rock Balboa.

1. Reviewed by: Adam Smith
    Jan 31, 2011
    An exhilarating fight-flick that, like its scrappy central character, is impossible not to root for.
  2. Reviewed by: David Ansen
    Jan 4, 2011
    Urgent, gritty, sometimes weirdly funny, The Fighter might be considered his first feel-good movie. But Russell's too honest and acute an observer to serve up affirmation without leaving a subversive aftertaste of ambivalence and unease.
  3. Reviewed by: Calvin Wilson
    Dec 17, 2010
    Director David O. Russell ("Three Kings") delivers a film of staggering impact.