The Fighting Temptations

7.6

1. VincentF.
    Sep 21, 2003
    Ok, Ok, ...will it get an Oscar nod? No way! But ...The Fighting Temptations is a feel good popcorn movie. The fact is that anyone who has actually attended church as depicted in this movie, has encountered each of the characters depicted - and the fact that they could find humor in it makes this film stand out. Yes, there are some who won't "get it" - I saw it in a packed house Ok, Ok, ...will it get an Oscar nod? No way! But ...The Fighting Temptations is a feel good popcorn movie. The fact is that anyone who has actually attended church as depicted in this movie, has encountered each of the characters depicted - and the fact that they could find humor in it makes this film stand out. Yes, there are some who won't "get it" - I saw it in a packed house ...and we ALL got it! The soundtrack is also wonderful and Beyonce's second foray into cinema isn't half bad (I anticipate her acting chops will get better with time). Cuba is energetic ...the minor charactors are amusing - and the music is the real star. I recommend it! Expand
  2. JimK.
    Sep 21, 2003
    This movie was awesome!!!!!
  3. JoanC.
    Sep 26, 2003
    This movie was totally awesome. I love it!!!!!!
  4. LeahB.
    Feb 23, 2004
    I watched this movie about 15 times i love it, it is a great family film, I haven't laughed so much wathing a movie in years.
  5. LySandraB.
    Dec 1, 2004
    Anything that can get me out of my seat and start dancing is a great movie. I love movies with singing and dancing so if it has a good beat then it is good music.
  6. T.A.
    Mar 26, 2004
    This movie was excellent because of its joint stars. Such as Beyonce, Cuba, The Ojay's, lil Zane, etc.
  7. JessH
    Nov 28, 2004
    It is a fantastic movie made mostly by the music never the less great for the whole family and worth a watch!

The energetic musical sequences help make it feel warmer and more ingratiating than it otherwise would, which is fortunate, since this rickety vehicle needs all the help it can get.
  2. Reviewed by: Joshua Clover
    The camera loves Beyoncé, but her acting coach may harbor more ambivalence; if she could convert the imperious urgency of her best singing to screen presence, we might stop wishing Whitney would come back from her own private netherlands.
  3. Reviewed by: Ronnie Scheib
    Paper-thin plot serves as a pretext for rousing gospel numbers in The Fighting Temptations, which straddles styles and eras to get everybody's toes tapping.