7.8

1. Jan 3, 2014
    Esta fue una buena pelicula romantica, que te puede llegar a hacer reflexionar y pensar sobre el tema de perder la virginidad.Esta pelicula vale la pena verla.
  2. May 12, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I really loved this film. It captured the very essence of "the first time" with your first love. It's not perfect; it's not really good. However, you don't give a Practice makes & you sure as hell don't mind practicing with them! I think this story was told very well & I highly recommend it. It really plastered a smile on my face. Expand
  3. Feb 26, 2013
    I really enjoyed this movie, even though it's more suited to an audience far younger than I. The main reason I watched this was because of the great cast. The talented and sexy Britt Robertson and Molly C Quinn. Then there is a young Aussie actor of considerable talent, James Frecheville who starred in the amazing 'Animal Kingdom'. Being a red blooded male I used to watch 'The Secret Circle' (hey, what's wrong with that?? lol) so Britt was plenty enough reason to see this. I actually recognised a lot of the actors in this well written movie. Another reason to see this was the fact that writer/director Jon Kasdan's previous film was the wonderful 'The Land Of Woman' so I was keen to see if he was truly following in his very famous director fathers footsteps. Father, Lawrence is behind some of the biggest films in Hollywood, such as, 'Return of the Jedi', 'Wyatt Earp' and 'Dreamcatcher'. He has his fathers touch.

The film is a sort of mild mannered affair about a boy (Dylan O'Brian) and a girl (Britt) who meet at the outskirts of a party, run from the cops and end up in her bedroom. They fall asleep and wake up to parents shouting for Aubrey to get out of bed. Dave jumps out the window and forgets to get her number. He gets given all sorts of silly advice from his friends on how to he should approach her the next time. I'm not going to get in to the whole thing but it follows from that.

The bottom line is, this was funny, well acted (very well acted in fact), great production for a smaller budget movie and the writing was actually quite sublime, not in that young people won't get it but enough to keep older people interested. I also liked the characters which can make or break a film, imo.

Highly Recommended

Score: 7.1/10

N∆V navq@ymail.com

1. Reviewed by: Bill Goodykoontz
    Oct 23, 2012
    The First Time sets out to be the thinking kids' teen sex comedy but misses the mark by failing its characters. [18 Oct 2012]
  2. Reviewed by: Mark Olsen
    Oct 20, 2012
    There is much to like here, a sense of nuance and nonjudgmental emotional openness, yet Kasdan's teenage miniaturism never quite blooms. The First Time is respectfully delicate, a little too polite.
  3. Reviewed by: Sara Stewart
    Oct 19, 2012
    An inoffensive but bland ode to the talky high school movies of John Hughes and Cameron Crowe.