7.4

1. BenjaminS
    Jul 9, 2008
    I liked Jackie Chan and Jet Li in one great kung fu fighting movie. I recommend it to everyone who love's this type of movie.
  2. PL
    Apr 19, 2008
    This movie is so entertaining that I want to see it again. It is hilarious and doesn't take itself seriously. Beautiful cinematography and well done CG, with awesome kung fu. Simply put, I love it. It should've been marketed as summer blockbuster movie. I highly recommend it.
  3. DanielL
    May 14, 2008
    The perfect adventure movie! You'll like it and your kids will love it. Well, to tell the truth, I loved it too. But then I have a thing for beautiful fighting scenes, amazing scenery and feel-good-fantasy-stories.
  4. viet
    May 21, 2008
    This movie i think is great, its a modern twist to the original monkey king. (i advise you to watch or read about the original monkey king before you watch this movie or else you might think its corny or cheesy- like many people) = I liked the twist at the end when jet li turned into one of monkey king's hair, i just thought he was acting 2 parts in the beginning/ = would i recommend This movie i think is great, its a modern twist to the original monkey king. (i advise you to watch or read about the original monkey king before you watch this movie or else you might think its corny or cheesy- like many people) = I liked the twist at the end when jet li turned into one of monkey king's hair, i just thought he was acting 2 parts in the beginning/ = would i recommend it? - yes. Expand
  5. RicoG
    Jun 3, 2008
    This Movie is great despite reviews, you love martial arts, Jackie Chan and Jet Li. This Movie is for you. I love martial arts and this movie was awesome.
  6. FrancesS
    Apr 17, 2008
    It's just one big love letter to kung fu movies, and a real tribute to its two amazing stars!
  7. AaronF.
    Apr 21, 2008
    I think it was absolutely brilliant. The style was a lot of fun to watch, and they handled a plot that could have been incredibly cheesy with a lot of finesse and believability. From a critical standpoint, they did a great job with this movie in the atmosphere they intended. In reviewing any movie, you have to consider what the intent of the movie was before you decide if it was good "for I think it was absolutely brilliant. The style was a lot of fun to watch, and they handled a plot that could have been incredibly cheesy with a lot of finesse and believability. From a critical standpoint, they did a great job with this movie in the atmosphere they intended. In reviewing any movie, you have to consider what the intent of the movie was before you decide if it was good "for you". More critics (at least profession ones) need to learn to review from the point of view of the intended audience, not the reviewer him/herself, to decide whether the movie was good. Expand
  8. LindaL
    Apr 25, 2008
    Great movie. I loved Jackie Chan and Jet Li together on the screen. The actress with the long white hair was really good. The teen actress was beautifull too. Loved it!
  9. NicholasD
    Jun 23, 2008
    Fricking amazing, can't believe didn't get an official box office release here in Oz (or did and I somehow missed it). I also kinda can't believe it got such a low score here on metacritic... Ah well I guess an ode to classic kung fu is not everyones idea of a great film... but Jet Li and Jackie Chan (especially without a bad Hollywood comedy script) was my idea of cinema gold.
  10. WilliamS
    Jun 30, 2008
    This is the perfect escapist Far Eastern fantasy. For anyone (like myself) who has read lots of Eastern philosophy and mythology, this movie is an excellent blend of humour and fantasy. There are plenty of humorous references to Toaist and Zen Buddhism texts and legends. I loved when Jackie Chan mistaked a boy's stunned silence for complete understanding ("He speaks does not know, he This is the perfect escapist Far Eastern fantasy. For anyone (like myself) who has read lots of Eastern philosophy and mythology, this movie is an excellent blend of humour and fantasy. There are plenty of humorous references to Toaist and Zen Buddhism texts and legends. I loved when Jackie Chan mistaked a boy's stunned silence for complete understanding ("He speaks does not know, he who knows does not speak"). In this movie you will see characters and places from the Seven Taoist Masters, ancient Chinese folklore, and hear teachings from Zen Buddism. Its really alot of fun, with beautiful scenery, cool fight scenes, and plenty of comedy. Expand
  11. JasonA
    Sep 15, 2008
    I love this movie, it's alot of fun for the whole family. Enjoy it for what it is a saturday morning kung fu flick on steroids.
  12. AndyA
    Apr 21, 2008
    The cast says it all and it lives up to every bit of it. If you like these movies you will get your moneys worth.
  13. CatS
    Jun 19, 2008
    I thought this movie was tremendous. I love martial arts flicks, and this one was funny, well-acted, and had lots of nods to fans of the two leads. I enjoyed the heck out of it!
  14. Sep 28, 2013
    I was surprised by this movie since I didn`t hear much about it. I guess I shouldn`t be cause Jet Li, and Jackie Chan are a great duo.The sounds the action all make for a great adventure.The Heroes and the Villans give you a feeling of a different world, and that`s what I look for in a movie.

1. Reviewed by: Dennis Harvey
    On its own terms, it's a handsome albeit unexceptional juvenile adventure shot on some magnificent Chinese locations.
  2. Once past the clunky prologue, the film is great fun, with a good balance between computer effects and athleticism.
  3. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    Will please its core audience but won't enthrall anyone over the age of 16. (Even that might be stretching the point.)