The Green Hornet

5.7

1. Feb 14, 2011
    With all of the production and the feedback that the movie is good, it made a disappointment. Movie was entertaining but mostly dull. Completely pointless.
  2. Jan 26, 2011
    "The Green Hornet" is a remake or adaptation of the 1966 TV Series and it is much different. Britt Reid (Seth Rogan), following the death of his father, teams up with his father's assistant, Kato (Jay Chou) to become crime fighters. The film also features Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) and Cameron Diaz (Shrek, Waht Happens in Vegas). The film is pretty much pointless but very"The Green Hornet" is a remake or adaptation of the 1966 TV Series and it is much different. Britt Reid (Seth Rogan), following the death of his father, teams up with his father's assistant, Kato (Jay Chou) to become crime fighters. The film also features Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) and Cameron Diaz (Shrek, Waht Happens in Vegas). The film is pretty much pointless but very entertaining, I'll admit. It sort of reminded me of "Kick-Ass", where kids decided to become superheroes. Only this one got a PG-13 rating and it might've bin better if it were R like "Kick-Ass" , which I liked, making it a more entertaining film. Overall, this film is not very good. [PG-13] 5/10 Expand
  3. Jan 14, 2011
    Honestly, the whole time it felt as though Seth Rogan were trying, just a little too hard, to be funny. And to be fair, that is sort of what Seth Rogan does - is to push at being funny. It just felt forced, here, like a comedian stopping after every joke and going "heh? funny, right?" to the audience. The action sequences were well-done, but the contrast between these and the comedy justHonestly, the whole time it felt as though Seth Rogan were trying, just a little too hard, to be funny. And to be fair, that is sort of what Seth Rogan does - is to push at being funny. It just felt forced, here, like a comedian stopping after every joke and going "heh? funny, right?" to the audience. The action sequences were well-done, but the contrast between these and the comedy just seemed jarring. Maybe I'm too used to the gritty superhero movies that have been coming out recently, but I didn't enjoy it - I kept expecting tension between the action, and not perpetual comic relief. In the end, it was too much comedy in my action, or too much action in my comedy. It's a fun movie to watch with friends, sure, but I wouldn't watch it twice. Expand
  4. Jan 17, 2011
    I had been reading for a few years of the effort to finally get The Green Hornet on screen. This is what we waited for??? While it had great action, the movie was riddled with dumb dialogue and a slow story. Seth Rogen has to stop writing movies.
  5. Jan 18, 2011
    This movie is a mix of crap and pure genius, with unbelievable action stunts, random jokes and the 'bro' thing. It went too fast, but it was deadly enough but yet kinda lame. This movie is so bipolar its hard to even write a few sentences about it.
  6. Jan 18, 2011
    Simply boring. I expected more from Seth Rogen, or did he just to this for the money?
    I'm not sure that it's political correct to have an asian actor to be a driver for a rich man in 2011.
  7. Jan 24, 2011
    Although visually appealing the green hornet fails to deliver even with its star actors, is quarky humor and just lack of an exciting plot won't make you go to the movies to see it but just pick it up at a local redbox. A 5 out 10.
  8. Jan 23, 2011
    Everyone who votes this movie 8 or higher was blinded by the green smokescreen of special effects and 3D technology. The acting was mediocre (except for Jay Chou as Kato, the star of the movie despite the title), the action was unbelievable (in a negative sense); the only possible redemption could come from Christoph Waltz, although he was hampered by some poor dialogue choices on the partEveryone who votes this movie 8 or higher was blinded by the green smokescreen of special effects and 3D technology. The acting was mediocre (except for Jay Chou as Kato, the star of the movie despite the title), the action was unbelievable (in a negative sense); the only possible redemption could come from Christoph Waltz, although he was hampered by some poor dialogue choices on the part of the screenwriters. (Wait, isn't the main character one of those screenwriters?) The producers should have avoided the 3D effect which wasn't implemented in its full potential. I give it 44/100. Expand
  9. Feb 6, 2011
    Having read all the mixed reviews about this I thought I'd give it a shot.
    Having read all the mixed reviews about this I thought I'd give it a shot.
    The plot line is inoffensive and has some comedy elements in it that were pretty funny, but I found the pace to be a little off, spending too much time on trivial things which made them feel laboured yet rushing through some of the better sections, it's also a little self indulgent, as though he'd adapted the character to allow him to play deadpan the way he likes to, his relationship to Kato is subtly funny in places.
    Essentially, it's just alright.

Cinema: Nah
    DVD Rental: Yeah why not
  10. BKM
    Jan 21, 2011
    Why are there so many talented people involved in this stinker? Tom Wilkinson, Edward James Olmos, Cameron Diaz, Christopher Waltz, James Franco, etc. And Michale Gondry was pegged to direct for some unknown reason. Perhaps it has something to do with star and co-writer Seth Rogen's new found swagger. Despite the fact that his films are getting worse and his comic appeal is fading, heWhy are there so many talented people involved in this stinker? Tom Wilkinson, Edward James Olmos, Cameron Diaz, Christopher Waltz, James Franco, etc. And Michale Gondry was pegged to direct for some unknown reason. Perhaps it has something to do with star and co-writer Seth Rogen's new found swagger. Despite the fact that his films are getting worse and his comic appeal is fading, he seems to have a lot of people convinced that he is still at the top of his game. The movie is little more than an overblown comic book/comedy with loads of explosions and jokes but no real laughs or entertainment value. It's easy to see why it was dumped in the middle of January. Expand
  11. Feb 22, 2011
    Do you know the instrumental song FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE played by the pianist Maksim Mrvica a couple years ago? The song quietly appeared in some movies, from KILL BILL: VOL. 1 (2003) to THE KARATE KID (2010), but the most recognized when it was used by THE GREEN HORNET for its title theme since the first time the series was aired in 1930s as Radio Program. The movie directed by formerDo you know the instrumental song FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE played by the pianist Maksim Mrvica a couple years ago? The song quietly appeared in some movies, from KILL BILL: VOL. 1 (2003) to THE KARATE KID (2010), but the most recognized when it was used by THE GREEN HORNET for its title theme since the first time the series was aired in 1930s as Radio Program. The movie directed by former Video Music Director, Michel Gondry, his most recognized work is ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND (2004), but I do not know why he turned into Comedy Director since BE KIND REWIND (2008) which is funny but standard. But the real person who is really in charged in thiz newest remake is the comedian Seth Rogen. In his vision, he tries to present a good action and hilarious moment all at once. The Green Hornet is Britt Reid, the newspaper tycoon. He was accompanied by his loyal sidekick Kato (Jay Chou). The Green Hornet is declared as an outlaw, in order to gain the trust and access to the underground criminal activities, by means of their true motive which is fighting crimes. You can see during the entire film, Britt Reid did nothing special for his fighting crime efforts. All things did by Kato himself, from Kungfu expert, gadget creator, driver and even a coffee maker for Reid. The good thing is we still can find ourself laughing by seeing their chemistry. For me, Kato figure is the savior of thiz movie, Jay Chou is definitely a scene stealer. On the other hand, I still could not figure out, why the top star like Cameron Diaz is involved in thiz film? She is truly unnecessary. The fun part for me is by seeing Christoph Waltz repeats his role (after INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS (2009)) as a cruel but funny bad guy at the same time as Chudnofsky who is prefer to be called Blood-nofsky later. There are two things that you might not notice in thiz movie. In the opening scene, Chudnofsky meets one **** mobster played by James Franco (once again, most of you certainly do not think he was James Franco, was not it?, after his famous roles in SPIDER-MAN (2002) and 127 HOURS (2010)). But what makes it most enjoyable is the cleverly funny dialogue delivered by both of them. And the second interes-thing is: do you realize there was Edward Furlong in thiz movie? (he was young John Connor in TERMINATOR 2: JUDGEMENT DAY (1991)) in thiz movie? Furlong is one of Chudnofsky crews who called Tupper. If you are expecting thiz movie to be a mature Superheroes movie like THE DARK KNIGHT (2008) or even IRON MAN (2008), you will be disappointed. There are too much cheesy scenes and you know there are also too much unreal situations, like when Bloodnofsky wants The Green Hornet to be killed, instead searching all over the town for reasonable Green Hornet figures, they end up killing all men that wear green outfit, is that ridiculous? The only way to enjoy thiz movie is do not expect it as Action movies, but expect it as a Comedy, then you will have a fun ride. And one more thing, no matter how bad and childish thiz movie has been, but when it comes to Great Car like Black Beauty and other cool gadgets, any one could be blurred with the real quality of the film. All boys will love it! Let me summarize it for you, it was a cartoonic pleasure. Lets roll, Kato!

Visit My Blog on JONNY'S MOVEE: http://jonnyfendi.blogspot.com
  12. Feb 26, 2011
    I was one that DIDNT have high expectations for this movie, its not that its terrible but its just been done before and guess found it entertaining, it had a decent amount of action, cool gadgets, cool cars and chase scene, explosions n such. Worth a watch but another movie thats easily forgettable.
  13. Jan 21, 2011
    Far to cliche, average, and unbalanced to truly be a good movie. However, the action was good enough, the casting was okay, and the humor was pretty good. This movie should've been the Iron Man of superhero movies, but it wasn't. But hey, at least it wasn't the Fantastic 4. Overall, worth a rental, but you don't need to spend 12 dollars to see at the theater.
  14. Jan 24, 2011
    I was expecting The Green Hornet to be funny, fast and interesting as Kick Ass for example, but it wasn't. The first thing that made me want to fall asleep was the characters. The main character is total looser and doesn't have most of the characteristics of a main character. He relied on his sidekick for everything, and the sidekick wasn't a main character, because the movie is namedI was expecting The Green Hornet to be funny, fast and interesting as Kick Ass for example, but it wasn't. The first thing that made me want to fall asleep was the characters. The main character is total looser and doesn't have most of the characteristics of a main character. He relied on his sidekick for everything, and the sidekick wasn't a main character, because the movie is named after the dull person. Not to mention the worst role of Cameron Diaz.
    The action scenes are clichéd and there is too much pointless blabbering between them. The jokes are as some 12 year old wrote them.
    Only the effects deserve some positive attention, but it's IMAX, so this is expected.
    I'm pretty disappointed, may be because I had really high expectations for movies of this kind after Kick Ass.
  15. May 8, 2011
    I love Seth Rogan, so you should definitely watch this is you do as well. He delivers in his charming and witty banter, as the other characters were alright.
    I know nothing about the original Green Hornet comics so I can't really judge on whether it stayed true to that, however, I don't know if I would watch a second or third installment. It was mediocre entertainment, and found that half way through I was on the fence about whether or not I needed to finish in order to be satisfied.
  16. Feb 18, 2011
    Well is not an extraordinary film, but i can say that is funny and watchable. I have some laughs with this comedy.... ok as i said is not excellent..... but is one of those films you can watch in afternoon and have a lot of fun.
  17. Mar 5, 2011
    The Green Hornet has attractively glossy action sequences, but the film's use of comic relief does no favors for the superhero-comedy genre or Rogen's widely noticeable typecasting.
  18. Mar 19, 2011
    Great special effects cannot carry a movie. The main character is completely unlikeable and I was utterly unable to relate to his self-indulgent attempts at comedy. Kato is a much better character; while still unrelatable he's at least someone who seems trustworthy; I wouldn't want this Green Hornet protecting my iPhone, let alone an entire city. The movie isn't without entertainmentGreat special effects cannot carry a movie. The main character is completely unlikeable and I was utterly unable to relate to his self-indulgent attempts at comedy. Kato is a much better character; while still unrelatable he's at least someone who seems trustworthy; I wouldn't want this Green Hornet protecting my iPhone, let alone an entire city. The movie isn't without entertainment value but it could have been truly good if the Green Hornet was even a little more interested in crime-fighting than self-indulgence. It's perhaps worth a rental if you just want to eat some popcorn and watch stuff blow up, but if you plan to have your brain engaged, choose something else. Expand
  19. Jan 14, 2012
    Better than I thought it was going to be, part action movie, part buddy flick. Won't set the world alight but good popcorn for the brain and worth looking at.
  20. Apr 30, 2011
    Really stupid and really fun. It's also among the cooler-looking movies so far this year. You have to have a sense of humor that includes dumb jokes, which might be why the critics didn't like it, but if you fall in that category, see it. And if you like special effects, definitely see it, but in 2D.
  21. Dec 7, 2011
    It's probably easiest to rate The Green Hornet in relation to other comedy super hero movies released over the last few years. It's not an instant classic like Kick-Ass, but at least it's more accessible and more consistent in tone than Super. There are some pretty good gags, and the action scenes are creative, and more importantly, fun. Seth Rogen and Jay Chou are a good double-act -It's probably easiest to rate The Green Hornet in relation to other comedy super hero movies released over the last few years. It's not an instant classic like Kick-Ass, but at least it's more accessible and more consistent in tone than Super. There are some pretty good gags, and the action scenes are creative, and more importantly, fun. Seth Rogen and Jay Chou are a good double-act - Rogen is likeable as usual as the Hornet and Chou makes a surprisingly good Kato, both able to handle the stunts and able to ground the character in (an admittedly odd) reality. Christoph Wlatz also impresses, and is starting to rack up quite an impressive list of entertaining villains. However, the film runs out of steam a little in the middle section, some sequences are a little muddy and advance the plot very little, and the wrap-up at the end is a bit sloppy. Plus Cameron Diaz appears to simply be in the film to fill out the girl-quota, and while it's nice to see Edward James-Olmos in films again, his character adds little to proceedings. So it's flawed, but Michel Gondry's Green Hornet is, for the most-part a pleasantly crazy diversion. Expand
  22. May 22, 2011
    This movie could have been and should have been so much better. It's like they just didn't think things through enough. I was very disappointed. Maybe they will do better next time!!
  23. Jul 4, 2011
    After the sudden death of newspaper editor and owner James Reid, his only son Britt is thrown into the cooperate world without any clue of how to run a business. When Britt meets Kato, a disgruntled and mysterious employee of his father they form an odd friendship which results in Britt becoming a masked vigilante in the city of L.A known simply as the Green Hornet. With Britt now runningAfter the sudden death of newspaper editor and owner James Reid, his only son Britt is thrown into the cooperate world without any clue of how to run a business. When Britt meets Kato, a disgruntled and mysterious employee of his father they form an odd friendship which results in Britt becoming a masked vigilante in the city of L.A known simply as the Green Hornet. With Britt now running around the city causing havoc for gangs and drug dealers, he draws the attention of the ruthless Chudnofsky, a meth dealer. The Green Hornet is a film written by comedian Seth Rogen, and right off the bat that is the biggest downfall the film has. Rogen is very talented comedian, but this film should have never been a comedy. This film could have easily been better had it taken itself seriously at times. Rogen could have thrown in some very good themes had it been a drama. There were some serious scenes, but most of them either awkward because they did not fit with the overall mood or they eventually turned into a joke. Had Rogen taken the time to sit down not as a comedian but as a writer, he may have been able to produce a good script, because the final product which he produced seemed like it was written by a 10 year old.

Now with that being said Rogen does not even do a good job of acting out his own written material. We have seen this type of performances from Rogen many times, but this time it was just too tedious and overwhelming. The material which he performed for his character was terrible to begin with, so no matter how Rogen tried to present it for acting purposes it would have been dull and boring. Which brings up the rest of the actors, Jay Chou was expressionless as Kato and Cameron Diaz did not fit the role of Lenore, she was too upbeat and cheery the entire time for me to buy into it. There was one lone bright spot for the acting and pretty much the entire film and that was Christoph Waltz as Chudnofsky. He played the villain the way he should have been played, cold and ruthless. Waltz was brilliant; his character was insane right from the badass opening scene (featuring a very clever and downright awesome cameo from James Franco) up until the final battle scene between The Green Hornet and himself. The Green Hornet is far from an enjoyable flick, it was boring and drawn out. Rogen was certainly not the person who should have been in control of this adaptation. It should have been handled by someone who was willing to add more seriousness and take out many of the unnecessary stupid lines. For the first time really in his career thus far it seems Rogens usual over the top delivery and his crude humour did not serve him well. People have caught on to this being a regular muse for Rogen, and would like to see him try and take things seriously for once. It was obvious that Rogen was trying to bring a new spin to the superhero genre, which features many dramatic adaptations of famous heroes, but it sticking with the drama proves to be a more efficient and audience friendly way of making a superhero/vigilante flick. As far as films from 2011 go or even to clarify that even further, as far as superhero films from 2011 go there will be much better. In fact Green Hornet may be at the bottom of the all time list of Superhero films to grace the big screen. This is certainly far from one of the best films of 2011. Even if you are a huge fan of Rogen this film simply does not work. Watch it for a few laughs maybe and too see a badass Christoph Waltz, but other than that, do not expect to be wowed by this film.
  24. Jun 17, 2011
    This film was reasonably entertaining as it offered a fairly good cast portraying some very colourful characters. Judging from previous reviews, I was expecting close to an awful film but was proven otherwise. Although not anything special, it is overall a stylish and humorous action flick, which is worth seeing if you are particularly a Seth Rogen fan.
  25. Aug 23, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Un film de super-héros ultra-classique qui ne vaut que pour son humour, ses acteurs (à part Cameron Diaz, totalement absente) et sa mise en scène efficace. Sinon, question scénario, c'est carrément bidon... Expand
  26. Sep 11, 2013
    Seth Rogan has proven before he has the talent to write convincingly for comedy, he tries his hand here at the superhero genre with his frequent collaborator Evan Goldberg, reviving The Green Hornet in blockbuster fashion, but too much comic tone spoils what had the potential to be a fun action flick, with gadgets galore and big set pieces, but they fall flat for having very littleSeth Rogan has proven before he has the talent to write convincingly for comedy, he tries his hand here at the superhero genre with his frequent collaborator Evan Goldberg, reviving The Green Hornet in blockbuster fashion, but too much comic tone spoils what had the potential to be a fun action flick, with gadgets galore and big set pieces, but they fall flat for having very little relevance to the weak plot and over abundance of characters with no part to play in the bigger picture.
    Seth Rogen is regrettably miscast as spoilt rich heir Britt Reid, who befriends his fathers mechanic and general whiz kid in seemingly everything, Kato, the two embark on an anti-hero journey where we are subject to the over-talkative Rogen who has written the wrong tone of film, Cameron Diaz is also cast as a pretty pointless character indeed, there is very little for her to do and there is simply too much dialogue and improvisation to the point of ridiculing a popular character. Their plans are to take down the biggest villain in LA, played by Christoph Waltz, who gives an unrecognisable performance compared to his powerful role in Inglorious Basterds, not really his fault considering his very menial lines of attempts at laughs which don't follow through. The emergence of a coherent villain happens to little too late, while the film pokes fun at various superhero flicks and the devices typically used in these films, The Green Hornet should really have been doing the same back at itself. We also have the uneasy 'bromance' between Britt and Kato, Jay Cho makes some very random expressions as if his character is annoyed the entire film, perhaps he was frustrated with the egotistical Rogen in the film. They bicker endlessly and the manner in which they speak always suggests there will be a showdown, which comes at a rushed and over-zealous pace. Things happen that are glossed over and not explained the way they should be, like the hate that Britt has for his father, played in a small part by Tom Wilkinson .
    There are a few moments of enjoyable fighting and some impressive gadgetry show-offs, but this reboot/revival feels bloated and batting well above its weight, with too much comedy and not enough of a coherent story and irrelevant characters which ultimately comes down to a side-step in the writing and miscast roles.
  27. Aug 24, 2014
    As excited as I was to see this movie, after seeing the trailer, I cannot feel but somewhat disappointed.

I'm not familiar with the original radio show this movie is based on. Could be that I would have enjoyed the film more (or less?) if I knew the original material. While the movie was funny, I found myself more and more disliking the "hero", Britt Reid (Seth Rogen). His

While the movie was funny, I found myself more and more disliking the "hero", Britt Reid (Seth Rogen). His acting/character/humor just didn't do it for me.

Kato (Jay Chou) was the real man of action, but as much as I usually feel drawn to Oriental people, language and such, his accent here was almost unbearable at times; I had no idea what he was saying. That, however, wasn't the weakest point in the movie.

The plot takes us from Reid's party lifestyle to teenage-rebellion-from-adults, all the way to a rather sudden understanding that the father he hates wasn't such an **** after all - at least not to the rest of the world. While that seems a pretty straightforward path, the movie wasn't straightforward at anything.

Green Hornet (Reid) and his nameless side-kick (Kato) are heroes who disguise themselves as bad guys to escape the usual fate of super heroes. How exactly that logic works is a mystery to me still, but as expected, it takes them from one problem to another when a local crime lord with a name no one can spell correctly (Chudnofsky) feels his position is threatened by these clowns.

Cameron Diaz as Lenore Chase provides a flash of brief interest, which pretty soon fades away as another unnecessary plot element.

With Reid's messed up act and Kato's rather strange character, there is a lot of humor provided, but in the end, was it good enough? The plot is a bit shaky, things take too long to build up, the characters just don't get a grip to be interesting or deep enough. Not a bad movie, but with Reid's presence, it really didn't stand a chance being anything remarkable.
  28. Jan 13, 2012
    The concept of the movie is good but I find it a little bit boring.. It is so sloppy,lazy and flat.. a very bland comedy action.. the script is not so funny as it should be. The cast especially the main actor did his job to portray the role but there is a lacking on the execution on how it will be portray. I think there is a problem with the dialogue that cast did not shine thorugh itsThe concept of the movie is good but I find it a little bit boring.. It is so sloppy,lazy and flat.. a very bland comedy action.. the script is not so funny as it should be. The cast especially the main actor did his job to portray the role but there is a lacking on the execution on how it will be portray. I think there is a problem with the dialogue that cast did not shine thorugh its momentum especially if there is a scene that will be a moment in the movie but it fails short. Expand
  29. Sep 25, 2013
    Solid acting, action, and some-what entertaining. What sort of kills is though is that it's in 3-D. The 3-D adds nothing to this film, If anything it takes away from it and is incredibly pointless to have.
  30. Aug 25, 2012
    I normally love Seth Rogan and his films but this film is silly to the extreme and not very intelligent either. Still, there is enough talent in the cast and crew to prevent this film from being a total blow out. I enjoyed Cameron Diaz's role (though I may be slightly bias having seen The Mask).
  31. May 20, 2013
    I never really had an interest in this film from the moment I started watching 'til it finished. I don't mind Seth Rogen but I found him irritating as Britt, and while Jay Chou was quite funny I thought it was John Cho for the most part It has a big focus on cars so those that love their cars will love it, but I don't like them so 20 minutes in I pretty much lost all interest and neverI never really had an interest in this film from the moment I started watching 'til it finished. I don't mind Seth Rogen but I found him irritating as Britt, and while Jay Chou was quite funny I thought it was John Cho for the most part It has a big focus on cars so those that love their cars will love it, but I don't like them so 20 minutes in I pretty much lost all interest and never got it back. It has some funny moments, and Cameron is hot, but I didn't really enjoy it. Expand
  32. Sep 4, 2013
    [4.2] I'm convinced that any movie with Cameron Diaz is doomed to be awful. Luckily, Seth Rogen's charm saves it from awfulness, and some mindlessly fun action. It's definitely a likable action movie, but Seth Rogen should be beyond making an obviously cilchéd, lazy and unimportant film. But at the same time it's clear that he's the type of actor who doesn't always agree to a movie[4.2] I'm convinced that any movie with Cameron Diaz is doomed to be awful. Luckily, Seth Rogen's charm saves it from awfulness, and some mindlessly fun action. It's definitely a likable action movie, but Seth Rogen should be beyond making an obviously cilchéd, lazy and unimportant film. But at the same time it's clear that he's the type of actor who doesn't always agree to a movie because of a good script (even if he is the one writing it). Expand
  33. Apr 12, 2013
    Let me be honest, I didn't expect this movie to be somewhat close to a decent superhero movie, but surpisingly, it was still enjoyable. I mean, who would have expected Seth Rogen to play an iconic superhero. But somehow, it works. But there were some problems with this movie. One, some of the martial arts sequences look really cheesy. Second, the storyline is stale. I mean, the fatherLet me be honest, I didn't expect this movie to be somewhat close to a decent superhero movie, but surpisingly, it was still enjoyable. I mean, who would have expected Seth Rogen to play an iconic superhero. But somehow, it works. But there were some problems with this movie. One, some of the martial arts sequences look really cheesy. Second, the storyline is stale. I mean, the father being framed of dying from a bee sting, I just don't understand. Third, Christoph Waltzs' portrayl as Chudnofsky. He went from being a tremendous actor in "Inglorious Basterds" to this. His portrayl just did not impress me. But on the other hand, it has some good moments. The action was amazing, their was some surprisingly good humor and Jay Chou, "Kato" kicks-butt. Overall, this superhero movie has things to love and hate at the same time, but it still tends to be enjoyable. Expand
  34. Aug 25, 2014
    There was a lack of sense of the movie, a lack of direction or structure in the script. Seth Rogen was an utter dud and as much as Jay Chou was funny, he was flatter than paper. Cameron Diaz and all the other supporting cast are not worth mentioning. There are some talents I saw in there wasted on this muddled and overly-cheeky action film. When I first saw this, nothing kicked for me toThere was a lack of sense of the movie, a lack of direction or structure in the script. Seth Rogen was an utter dud and as much as Jay Chou was funny, he was flatter than paper. Cameron Diaz and all the other supporting cast are not worth mentioning. There are some talents I saw in there wasted on this muddled and overly-cheeky action film. When I first saw this, nothing kicked for me to be excited. Still doesn't when I rewatched it on TV. Expand

1. Reviewed by: David Denby
    Jan 21, 2011
    The Green Hornet is what you get when someone who dropped out of high school to do standup comedy, then spent a decade in movies and television, conceives a Hollywood "passion project." [24 Jan. 2011, p. 82]
    At least The Green Hornet is likable, and a refreshing change from the heavy, angst-ridden superhero pictures so beloved by obnoxious fanboys.
  3. Jan 17, 2011
    The mix is not nearly classic but is congenial enough to warm up a January weekend and perhaps to stoke a sequel. Call it "The Green Hornet Strikes Again?" No: "Kato II!"