5.6

1. Sep 2, 2014
    "Oh, you are having a bad day. Did you die?" - Mr. Chow

Not as good as the first in the series, but it still makes you fun.

************************
  2. Jul 12, 2014
    Sure, it's not as good as the first, but still a good movie. new setting and they got more extreme in this one. Storyline the same which is nothing negative. I enjoyed it
  3. Jan 22, 2014
    Not as original as the first one, and not nearly as good but the continuation of the story is a whole lot of fun if you enjoyed 2009's remarkable comedic adventure. These movies are chime monuments in the genre and this one sets the bar high and blows your mind throughout, but by the end you wonder what the vision was. Like as if they got lazy altogether and didn't have anything else to call it but The Hangover Part 2 because there is nothing really 'parted' in the story that resonates. Expand
  4. Oct 13, 2013
    Nothing new here, just bits and pieces of the original. But maybe that's not such a bad thing, considering how funny the original was. This movie is just a couple of steps below it, and definitely worth a watch.
  5. Oct 11, 2013
    Th Hangover Part II is everything the first movie was but this time its in Thailand. Stu tries to have a nice and safe wedding but everything starts spiraling out of control. They loose Stu's brother-in-law and must find him before the wedding. Part II is just as good as Part I if not better.
  6. Jul 16, 2013
    This film was a disappointment for me, having enjoyed part 1 immensely. It felt like too much of a rehash with the plot of the original being mirrored with some less funny, darker and raunchier comedy. I laughed a lot less in this movie when compared to the original which was upsetting considering my love for the original. The movie still has it's moments, such as the drug dealing monkey, but the majority of the movies is unfunny or recycled. I still found the movie watchable for the actors chemistry and occasional funny joke but overall this film was a massive disappointment. Expand
  7. Jul 8, 2013
    Weak, lazy sauce. Why make a sequel to such a great and original comedy? They really dented the reputation with this stinker. Part III is hardly any better. What a waste.
  8. Jul 8, 2013
    Let me cut the crap, this sequel was worse than rancid apples. I hated The Hangover Part 2, it was unfunny, full of monkey dick jokes and sexual dialogue used at the freakin wrong time.
  9. Jun 25, 2013
    This movie was funny, no doubt about it, yet i don't think it's perfect. 1. It literally IS the first movie, the same setup the same payoff and same revalations that are all solved at the end of the movie. 2. The comedy is much Darker, depending whether or not you like that, some parts for me literally had me thinking this is just... insane but genious. Some part of me says people have been to judgemental of this film, i'm thinking this is gonna be the modern "National Lampoon Vacation" series, something also makes me wonder what would happen should THIS film have came first.

Nevertheless I didn't care, i loved the movie and considering all these REALLY unneccesary sequels being made at the moment this one wasn't either BUT IT WAS MADE RIGHT.

Final Verdict: Try and review it as this is the only movie, if you like it you do if you don't you don't, personally i think it's missing all the surprise of the first one, but i still considered it good for what it's worth.

"Phil... I'm scared".
  10. Jun 23, 2013
    The acting of Cooper and Helms as they express frustration and anger in some scenes was terrific and a realistic human reaction with somewhat restrain. However, some faults with the movie include the negative portrayal of transsexuals, as the film suggests that trans women aren't really women, just "men with boobs". Overall, the irritating low brow humour provided by Chow, combined with the characterisation of Alan, with his juvenile, indifferent, and nonchalant behaviour and actions causes other characters to be frustrated and leaves the audience with a hangover. Expand
  11. Jun 18, 2013
    Movie was great but it's the same like the first one. Everything is changed but plot is the same. Alan and chow are the main key of the film. GREAT MOVIE!
  12. Jun 13, 2013
    I thought it would be hard to top the first film but surprisingly enough they managed to make a sequel just as good I know most prefer the first one but I think they are pretty much on par, and this one certainly seems like it has a little more Action and new creative jokes :P Great to have all the main cast back as well! Thailand was also a good location choice and a nice little mix-up from Vegas. Overall a great movie to watch with mates, and I can't wait for the third and final chapter! Expand
  13. Jun 11, 2013
    Didn't like it actually. I laughed but if you think about it, it was a waste of time. I know they are laughable and the actors are great, but it was predictable not like the first film. I hope the 3rd one is better because Ghalifianakis must be the best comedian in the world right now and i really want to laugh like i did in the first film
  14. Jun 2, 2013
    Yes, it's a cash-grab. Why does Bradley Cooper lead again? He's given almost nothing to satisfy the viewer except to keep the two crazies (Alan and Stu) apart. The way Stu freaks out and matures throughout this movie is both admirable and funny, of which Ed Helms should be proud. Alan is viewed as the spoilt child but manages to make people smile once more. The only two characters in this franchise that are worth savouring (if you don't count Mr Chow) The plot is dark. The jokes are rehashed and Bangkok is a gritty place to spend this hangover. Only tune in for Helms and Galifianakis, with a side of Jeong. Expand
  15. May 30, 2013
    The first Hangover movie was wonderful. I have to say I was less than impressed with the second. It was more of the same, just in a new location. It did have its moments, and the actors were still great!
  16. May 12, 2013
    A recycled plot from the first one, except this time around it was monotonous and I hardly even chuckled. It was an obvious attempt to try to create the same success as its predecessor, but it failed big time.
  17. May 12, 2013
    The Hangover part 2 is almost identical in every way as the first. Problem is the comedy was almost non existent. A lazy, witless film that provided maybe two laughs that I forgot as soon as the movie ended.
  18. Apr 26, 2013
    While the first Movie is funny and entertaining, this one is just boring. I am not sure if I laughed at all. Towards the end of it, I skipped some parts because I just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible. I always thought Charlie's Angels 2: Full Throttle is hard to overcome in its boredom and lack of gags, but I guess we have a new winner. Watching this was a waste of my time.
  19. Apr 14, 2013
    the hangover 2 is a massive disappointments and cash-in on the fans. that's what happen when you take the movie add few elements to it re-circle it and cash it with no creativity or spin or another direction of the story my guess is the producer thought that he gonna make a ton load of money just because of the title but that's not how it's work let's hope the hangover 3 will be different.
  20. Mar 23, 2013
    Loved the first film, but was nervous about how a sequel would turn out considering how unnecessary one was. In the end it's good but isn't as funny as the first movie. One big flaw is how it fails to do anything new. The setting is dirtier and grittier, and the content is a lot darker, but most of the movie is just slightly altered content from the first movie. Still I enjoyed and fans of the first will as well. Just don't expect anything we haven't seen before in the first movie. Expand
  21. Mar 11, 2013
    The sequel is the same thing as before only its forgettable. It lacks humor that isnt raunchy or sexual one of the worst sequels ever.
  22. Mar 9, 2013
    The hangover II is exactly like the first one. It is funny but while watching the movie, you feel like you have seen it all in the first one. It lacks the originality, the first one had. Still a funny movie.
  23. Feb 23, 2013
    The Hangover Part II tries so hard to be exactly like the first that it leaves nothing to the imagination and has no surprises what so ever! Don't get me wrong, the movie is great, it still has all its laugh out loud one liners, and of course Alan. What Part II doesn't have is originality. With a sequel, we want to see the same characters we love, in a similar, but different story. This movie parallels the original to the point where they are uttering the same lines in the same situation, just in another city. If you saw the first one, while watching this one, you're going to know where they go and what happens next. They have a great thing here with a ton of chemistry between the actors, but what they need to do is take it to the next level. I hear they have hired a screenwriter for a third chapter, let's hope they keep the laughter and change the story! Expand
  24. Feb 15, 2013
    Just like its earlier part, except this time in Thailand.
  25. Jan 12, 2013
    The first one was for sure better, but I don't care, it delivered a lot of laughs. The Hangover 2 is not funnier, smarter and dangerous than the first Hangover (epic).
  26. Dec 17, 2012
    Not much to say about this film. It
  27. Dec 12, 2012
    The formula works, but the comedy in this instalment leaves you feeling awkward and uncomfortable. Coupled with Alan's transformation from a blundering idiot into a complete sociopath makes this movie a definite notch below the first instalment.
  28. Dec 8, 2012
    The first one was better. Thailand was a great setting. But truthfully, Vegas was better. The plot then was better. Maybe the third installment will do us good.
  29. Nov 14, 2012
    I really have no idea why this movie has got such a low rating this movie is such a superb piece of comedy the world will ever know .this movie should be somewhere 8-10
  30. Nov 7, 2012
    The first film was brilliant and hilarious, but this sucky sequel is absolutely miserable. Everyone tries way too hard to best the original. Instead, they just make a gross, offensive, pointless, brainless, dickless, tasteless, racist, sexist, misogynistic anti-farce that makes you want to rip your eyeballs out.

1. Reviewed by: Ian Buckwalter
    Jun 1, 2011
    It's not that Part II is bad, exactly. If "The Hangover" had never existed, this movie might feel funnier than it does, if not quite as freshly hilarious.
  2. Reviewed by: David Denby
    May 30, 2011
    The Hangover Part II isn't a dud, exactly - some of it is very funny, and there are a few memorable jolts and outlandish dirty moments. But it feels, at times, like a routine adventure film set overseas.
  3. Reviewed by: Nick Schager
    May 30, 2011
    If The Hangover was a boorish blackout fantasy for our binge-drinking age, The Hangover Part II is something like the contents of a fraternity house's toilet the morning after an insane kegger-namely, regurgitated elements of a more entertaining prior adventure.