Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: May 23, 2013
5.4
Mixed or average reviews based on 524 Ratings
Watch Now
DC4CardsJun 19, 2013
Uggh...not a good movie. Never got the negative reviews from Hangover II as I still found it funny despite it being a "Remix" to the first Hangover. This one has a brand new plot, not recycled, however it is just not funny. Found a fewUggh...not a good movie. Never got the negative reviews from Hangover II as I still found it funny despite it being a "Remix" to the first Hangover. This one has a brand new plot, not recycled, however it is just not funny. Found a few laughs but overall it is easily the worst of the trilogy. Expand
Forrestgump1Jun 4, 2013
"What should have been a finale instead felt like a waste. The Hangover Part III, dares to try something new and actually falls flat, with no motivation, no interests, and more importantly, no comedy. it's a lukewarm finale to our beloved"What should have been a finale instead felt like a waste. The Hangover Part III, dares to try something new and actually falls flat, with no motivation, no interests, and more importantly, no comedy. it's a lukewarm finale to our beloved wolf-pack." ..D+ Expand
nutterjrJun 21, 2013
The joke has irrevocably worn out. This time around, they even forgot to make a comedy but instead they went for a thriller that has a couple of jokes (all of which you can see by watching the trailer).
thanosMay 30, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie wipes out all humor from the first two movies. By the time it ends you've come to the conclusion that Alan is a certified mental patient who should be locked away and that Chow is really an evil murdering, criminal. Even the "jokes" remind us that Stu could have AIDS but never cared enough to get tested and that Alan's selfishness led to his Father's death. Its a morbid film with very, very few laughs. Expand
CaestusJun 6, 2013
A disapoitment. You just get the feeling that the filmmakers really had no idea, what to do with the third movie. Two or three scenes were funny and that was it.
RealMuthaFJun 5, 2013
I don't know what I expected after the worse-than-the-first-movie sequel and all the trailers to this one. Perhaps, funny jokes, more screen time devoted to Doug (Justin Bartha), and less to Zach Unpronounceablakis and the Chinese moron... OfI don't know what I expected after the worse-than-the-first-movie sequel and all the trailers to this one. Perhaps, funny jokes, more screen time devoted to Doug (Justin Bartha), and less to Zach Unpronounceablakis and the Chinese moron... Of course, all of that was quite silly of me, the series dropped the bar even lower. In fact, this isn't even a comedy any more, but an action/adventure movie with some humorous moments. The opinion of this movie is basically based on your opinion of Zach Whateverakis and his character. If you, for some awkward reason, liked him in the previous parts, this movie may very well entertain you. If you didn't, like me, and hate his utter bloody stupidity, then you'll be mostly bored with this movie. It's watchable, but I wouldn't recommend spending your hard-earned money on it. Expand
DeitiesforsaleJun 11, 2013
Before I watched this people told me "It's better than the second anyway." So there was born my expectation of a slightly mediocre film as the second to me, was just, a stocky attempt at rehashing the first...no more, no less... However. ThisBefore I watched this people told me "It's better than the second anyway." So there was born my expectation of a slightly mediocre film as the second to me, was just, a stocky attempt at rehashing the first...no more, no less... However. This was not better than the second. Not by a long shot. Expand
MusicxxAddictedJun 7, 2013
Comedy approach to Ocean's Eleven, so horrible they used well-written characters to themselves up so bad as if you're watching a new Family Guy episode. However, there is value in watching Alan grow and become a man.
TheWalrus2000May 24, 2013
The wolfpack still doesn't have the same feel as the first Hangover, but its main goal was to show it could revive itself from Hangover Part II and it totally did. Sure it might not have been very funny, but it added a weird psycho dark twistThe wolfpack still doesn't have the same feel as the first Hangover, but its main goal was to show it could revive itself from Hangover Part II and it totally did. Sure it might not have been very funny, but it added a weird psycho dark twist to the series. The critics are haters, Part III was bad but not that bad. Expand
emnixJun 5, 2013
Not very funny at all. Really its not. It just tries to be but the steam on this train ended about halfway through number 2. Watch it and try laugh and enjoy it.
RecomediaMay 30, 2013
DO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rushDO NOT leave The Hangover Part III when the credits start to roll. You’ll miss one of the funniest scenes in the whole movie. I work at a movie theater, and after every single showing of the movie I watch as impatient audience members rush for the exits only to miss the movie’s ridiculous stinger scene. Hold your pee for two more minutes (You don’t even have to wait until the credits are completely over, as the scene comes in after only about 30 seconds of credits).

Unfortunately, for those who do make haste for the exit doors (and I can’t say I blame you for doing so) The Hangover Part III will be remembered for being…well…forgettable. It’s not a bad movie. It just isn’t a very funny one.

Read More http://www.recomedia.net/filmtv/the-hangover-part-iii-review/
DarkCriticMay 30, 2013
The wolfpack returns for the last couple of drinks of the final trilogy of The Hangover, Part III. After the disappointment of The Hangover, Part II that the sequel wasn't that great for the audience, now there's another disappointment thatThe wolfpack returns for the last couple of drinks of the final trilogy of The Hangover, Part III. After the disappointment of The Hangover, Part II that the sequel wasn't that great for the audience, now there's another disappointment that the third film is getting less that wasn't that funny or even entertaining. The story is about Alan (Galifianakis) is moving away from his father's death and his three friends Phil (Cooper), Stu (Helms), and Doug (Bartha) are planning to take Alan to intervention at Arizona. Little to know that the drug dealers including Marshall (Goodman) wants revenge for the Wolfpack because Mr. Chow (Jeong) is escape from prison at Thailand and steals the gold from his men. Three men are chasing the most annoying stereotypical character at Mexico and they think will agree to work with Mr. Chow's plan. Three men are returning back to Las Vegas and do same rehash over again like the first one including Stu's old wife, Caesar's Hotel, and more that came from. The characters are awkwardly unfunny and Alan turns into a stupid selfish person since the last movie that he did all over again to make huge mistakes. The Hangover, Expand
TVJerryMay 30, 2013
Zach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow.Zach Galifianakis is the focus of this final installment in the decreasingly funny series. His over-the-top behavior has the other Wolfpack members taking him off to rehab…until John Goodman appears and sends them on a quest to find Mr. Chow. Instead of the "how did we get here?" scenario that fueled the first two, this one comes off as a mediocre heist. While there are amusing moments (thx mostly to Zach), the whole enterprise lacks the outrageous originality of the others. Expand
McCorpseNov 11, 2013
the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were treading on the same common
the second hangover felt old and unoriginal and the third feels even
more so but it still made me laugh more than most comedies out there.
There were lots of memorable hilarious moments even though they were
treading on the same common ground. Zack galifikanisiicis delivers the one liners and Chow is back with a big part and made me laugh quite a few times. Sure it feels the same and we all want more but as far as comedies go the point is to make you laugh and this movie achieves that more than most other comedies and for that I feel its a success. The ending actually makes you wonder what a fourth movie would be like with the addition of a new character.
Nesbitt10May 24, 2013
In "The Hangover III," the mystery comes from a reinvented formula; there is no wedding or missing groomsman. No actual hangover to speak of, and a lack of scenarios fueled by alcohol from which to recover. Instead, the film is produced asIn "The Hangover III," the mystery comes from a reinvented formula; there is no wedding or missing groomsman. No actual hangover to speak of, and a lack of scenarios fueled by alcohol from which to recover. Instead, the film is produced as more of a caper than a comedy. Despite not being 'good' movie: a litany of crude humor that becomes repetitive that falls flat for a majority of the film, the third act does provide a few moments of genuine charm and appeal. And yes, this is a real stretch, but I'm trying.

The latest misadventures by the antisocial man-child Alan (Zach Galifianakis) cause buddies Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), and Doug (Justin Bartha) to stage an intervention. But on their way to hand deliver Alan to a mental health clinic in Arizona, they experience an intervention of their own. The group is captured by crime kingpin Marshall (John Goodman), who needs their help in tracking down the fugitive Mr. Chow (Ken Jeong). Mr. Chow stole $21 million in gold bricks from Marshall, and pressing the "Wolfpack" into service may be the only means of recovery. In the meantime, he'll hold Doug for safekeeping.

"The Hangover III" is the most sentimental, (hence the finale), and yet the darkest of the franchise where the eccentricity doesn't always work as well as it should. To it's credit, there are some escapades and plot twists along the way (from Tijuana to Vegas), and it's never out right boring, all set to a bizarre soundtrack that incorporates Hanson, Danzig, and Schubert.

You get the feeling director Todd Philips would rather be making a straight-up action movie, as opposed to creating a string of comedic episodes. The onscreen disaffection of Bradley Cooper and Ed Helms reeks of paychecks already spent, leaving Zack Galifianakis to fill the void with material that works better around the margins. Ken Jeong reprises his role as a lunatic criminal with the bare minimum of effort. He appears more animated in the Bud Light commercials when compared to this outing. The post-credits epilogue does provide a truly twisted array of images, a fitting send-off for a series recognized as being the highest-grossing R-rated comedies of all time. This is in fact the end and it is what it is. We've had some good laughs. Let's part amicably.
NikoZguri1997Jun 6, 2014
so the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 theyso the Hangover trilogy closes with "The Hangover Part III". i loved the first "Hangover" movie, it was hilarious! "Part II" was okay, but it wasn't as good as the first movie and it was just a rehash of the first one. so now, in 2013 they gave us "The Hangover Part III" where Alan's the main character this time. and Phil, Stu and Doug are taking him to get some help cause he's turning into an **** now, then they run into a gangster played by John Goodman who takes Doug and he's like "Find me Chow or Doug's dead!" and that's premise of "The Hangover Part III". what i liked about this movie, it's that they had the balls to take a different direction with this one, instead of rehashing it (like the second movie did). but, you'd think they'd put in better jokes to make it funnier, right? unfortunately, it's not really funny this time. it just feels like a dark heist movie of just them trying to find Chow. sure, it does have jokes and i did chuckle a few times in the movie, but the problem is that the jokes in this one fall completely flat and it's not really funny anymore. also, Alan used to be the lovable idiot in the first 2 movies, but in this one, he's a complete **** i get that they were trying to have a subplot of Alan growing as a person, but when you change his character for a different subplot in the movie, that doesn't fit and now Alan's an unlikable douche bag. and Chow used to be my favorite character in the first 2 movies. he was a hilarious Asian baddie that always had me dying in laughter (especially in the first movie). but the problem is that here he's an idiot like Alan and he's not really that funny anymore. and they kept hammering in the fact that Chow's outta his mind. okay, we get it! Chow's crazy, we get it! please, stop shoving that down our throats! as a whole, "The Hangover Part III" was a let down cause i was actually expecting a improvement over "Part II". but apparently, it's not. and i gotta say, i laughed more in the second movie than i did here. Expand
GeologistMay 27, 2013
It's 100 minutes of bad sex jokes, lazy acting and lazy production. It was almost like the director said before shooting, "Okay, let's get this over with."
maddog0516May 28, 2013
If you love these actors looking at each other not entertaining or doing anything you may like this film. But if you expect an exciting or funny film, you will be extremely disappointed. Yes this does tie up the trilogy but in the worst wayIf you love these actors looking at each other not entertaining or doing anything you may like this film. But if you expect an exciting or funny film, you will be extremely disappointed. Yes this does tie up the trilogy but in the worst way possible. Expand
RyanMogg98Jun 4, 2013
If you are looking for a movie which just makes you laugh & has no storyline then this is the perfect movie for you. However when you consider the 1st and even the 2nd Hangover movies in comparison to this movie then it is awful.

It has

It has tried too much to relate to the first movie which if it was done correctly would work very well. However it has not been done correctly. I would recommend watching this film, but more than once would be pointless.
ceefrostyJun 5, 2013
Woah! Pump the brakes Todd Phillips! Yes, "The Hangover" was funny. That doesn't constitute making that same movie over and over again. The jokes have now been over done, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to re-watch the original withoutWoah! Pump the brakes Todd Phillips! Yes, "The Hangover" was funny. That doesn't constitute making that same movie over and over again. The jokes have now been over done, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to re-watch the original without being reminded of the garbage that followed. Even "Due Date" felt like a carbon copy of "The Hangover". Try some originality my friend. Definitely #skipit Expand
Niallmc123Jun 13, 2013
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie is a disgrace to the franchise as there simply is no Hangover I thought that there would be another wedding for the fat guy as in the end he gets married anyways Expand
marcopoloJun 21, 2013
Wow, I thought being a Friday night, I would sit down with my two kids, 9 and 12, and watch hangover 3, we saw the first two and thought they were funny. Who in their right mind thinks it's funny that a giraffe loses it head on the freeway.Wow, I thought being a Friday night, I would sit down with my two kids, 9 and 12, and watch hangover 3, we saw the first two and thought they were funny. Who in their right mind thinks it's funny that a giraffe loses it head on the freeway. It just goes to show how sick society has become, especially in the U.S.A, where so much violence is except-able, that this can be classed as comedy.
With no encouragement from me, my two kids did not want to continue watching the movie and I don't blame them. If there is a fourth hangover, I will not buy it and I hope I'm not the only one who feels this way.
FreakwoodJun 30, 2013
People try to tell me that "Hangover III" is a good one guess what. It isn't. Odie Henderson wrote that it's more like "Alain's Eleven" and that actually nails it. Besides of that fact, it has nothing to do with a "Hangover"-movie at all.
MurozakiJul 10, 2013
The movie tries to take a different direction from the previous, but it only makes it unfunny, silly and really boring. Still, it's nice to see Galifianakis.
abinashsenapatiOct 9, 2013
I think its fun to watch.Really a great movie to watch.Alan doing a great job.excellent to watch ...i think todd doing great and should be proud of himself.
CJBailey14Nov 11, 2013
This was an absolutely amazing film, I couldn't stop laughing throughout. Full of many hilarious and awesome scenes. Definitely watch it, as well as the first 2 movies.
Chris_DKJun 4, 2013
Biggest disappointment I have seen lately, the title does not even fit the movie. The plot of the hangover movie is usually the guys gets drunk and have to find a missing person they have lost. This is nothing like it, the title of this movieBiggest disappointment I have seen lately, the title does not even fit the movie. The plot of the hangover movie is usually the guys gets drunk and have to find a missing person they have lost. This is nothing like it, the title of this movie shouldn't even be hangover it should be manhunt, because that is what the movie is about.. The movie is about the guys chasing down Chow to pay a debt to some criminal in order to save Dough. The movie was not remotely funny, it was just awkward and cheap. Expand
Ratkinson0005Jun 19, 2013
Very boring. At least The Hangover Part II had laughs despite the fact it was a carbon copy of the first. This film may have had 3-4 laughs at best. Of course the best ones was anything featuring Megan McCarthy. The characters don't even seemVery boring. At least The Hangover Part II had laughs despite the fact it was a carbon copy of the first. This film may have had 3-4 laughs at best. Of course the best ones was anything featuring Megan McCarthy. The characters don't even seem like themselves after the first two movies which could be a result of the actors not wanting to be involved with the movie which showed on the screen. The plot was half way decent I will give it that, but as soon as the gang heads to Las Vegas it becomes aware that the film makers did not feel comfortable diverting from the formula too much so they headed to a familiar location. Avoid like the plague! Expand
BrianMcCriticJun 16, 2013
Not a terrible movie, but it is a comedy that's not funny. I liked the main characters and the story played more like an action heist movie then a comedy. My main problems with the film are it is a Hangover movie and no one is Hungover andNot a terrible movie, but it is a comedy that's not funny. I liked the main characters and the story played more like an action heist movie then a comedy. My main problems with the film are it is a Hangover movie and no one is Hungover and Chow gets annoying, he needs to be used in smaller doses. Expand
tropicAcesMay 23, 2013
I liked Part 2 enough. At least it was decently funny. This 3rd film is just a lazy heist film more than a comedy, and just doesn't have any of the heart, fun or laughs that embodied the first film. I can't stop you from seeing it, but pleaseI liked Part 2 enough. At least it was decently funny. This 3rd film is just a lazy heist film more than a comedy, and just doesn't have any of the heart, fun or laughs that embodied the first film. I can't stop you from seeing it, but please wait for DVD. Expand