Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation | Release Date: June 13, 2008
5.7
Mixed or average reviews based on 696 Ratings
WATCH NOW
Check box if your review contains spoilers 0 characteres (5000 max)
SpangleNov 21, 2016
Heavily inspired by the 1950s science fiction Cold War paranoia thrillers, The Happening is the film that gained notoriety for Mark Wahlberg talking to plants. This is an unfair reputation because the film is actually incredibly compelling.Heavily inspired by the 1950s science fiction Cold War paranoia thrillers, The Happening is the film that gained notoriety for Mark Wahlberg talking to plants. This is an unfair reputation because the film is actually incredibly compelling. Capturing the same paranoia and confusion of those 1950s films such as Invasion of the Body Snatchers (especially this one really), as well as the mistrust of government that could lead to such an incident and current events in regards to pollution, The Happening is a compelling film. Often times, it is incredibly thrilling and a truly enjoyable ride. However, it is undone by terrible dialogue and even worse acting that make you laugh more anything.

First, the negatives. The acting leaves so much to be desired. Mark Wahlberg and Zooey Deschanel are often equivalent to a brick wall trying to emote. There is one, incredibly tense, scene in which the two of them and Jess (Ashlyn Sanchez), the daughter of one of their friends who left her in Elliott (Wahlberg) and Alma's (Deschanel) care, are in a home in the middle of nowhere. Trying to escape whatever is causing people to kill themselves, they stay in the home of a clearly psychotic woman. When she tells Elliott that she can hear them plotting to kill her in her sleep (they were not), Wahlberg unconvincingly let's the words, "What? No!" leave his mouth and it left me in stitches. There are moments such as this throughout the film that left me dying of laughter, whether because the dialogue was so random and unconnected to the plot or because the delivery of the line was just that funny. There are so many random exchanges in the film that really do nothing for the plot, especially between Elliott and Alma, where Shyamalan tries to create emotional tension. This is truly The Happening's greatest weakness. Even when the acting is not that bad, the script is so horrifically written and scattershot that nobody can help but laugh at the dialogue. It often mirrors The Room in this regard, though it is far more focused. The Room is meandering chaos. The Happening has its random dialogue occur as the plot manages to progress. This element saves it from being worse, but the dialogue needed at least another dozen rewrites.

While those negatives really kill any steam the film could have possessed, there are some serious strengths offered by the film. Though undeniably a B-movie, Shyamalan knows tension and it is all over this film. This film is often incredibly thrilling as the residents try to figure out what is occurring and how to escape the wrath of the plants. While the plot can be silly, the implication of it and the way in which it makes it nearly impossible to escape really allows this film to be laced with paranoia. In particular, the ending sequence mirrors the hopelessness of The Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the fear that you realize this may not be over. In conjunction with the rest of the film, this ending is incredibly effective at eliciting fear in the viewer. While the terrible dialogue can often distract from the tension, when The Happening roars (particularly in the second half), it really hits.

Though I expected to hate this and laugh at it all the way through, I only laughed through half of The Happening. It is not entirely joyless either. While often horrifically written and horribly acted, The Happening shows that Shyamalan still knows how to direct, even if he cannot write. Somebody clearly needs to help this man out and lead him to a passable script because there is a talented director trapped inside, if only he could get out of his own way. The Happening, often cited as one of his worst efforts, is a perfect example of this. Though thrilling and paranoid, while calling back brilliantly to 1950s science fiction films, The Happening fails due to the writing and acting. If everybody in the film were mute, The Happening could have been a true science fiction wonder updated for the 21st century. Sadly, it is not that film.
Mellow_Online4Mar 22, 2016
I've finally started to do movie reviews, which I've wanted to do for quite some time. I decided to start off with in my opinion one of the worst but at the same time one of the best movies I've ever sat through, The Happening.

I only need

I only need to say the name of one man and you know how bad/good this movie is "M. Night Shyamalan." Anyone who's ever sat through at least one of this director's films know that he is famous for making good actors turn in horrible performances and it carries on over with the happening as none of the actors seem to be acting normal at all but easily the most entertaining is our main star, Mark Wahlberg. Like Shyamolon, if anyone has seen any movies with Wahlberg in it know how good he is as Wahlberg always seems to turn in brilliant performances, but the Happening is his exception. He seems to deliver his lines in this weird over emphasised tone. Now at first I didn't really think much of it in the first few scenes he was in as I saw he was playing a teacher so I was thinking teachers usually need to speak like this when they address their pupils but as I saw the movie go on, I realise that this is his whole performance. Zooey Deschannel is probably worse than Wahlberg's. Her delivery is about as equally bad but the thing that seems to put her that extra step in front of Wahlberg on the bad acting scale is her facial expressions. She seems to widen her eyes in a lot of the shots, some of them when it's even unnecessary to do it. Everyone else basically delivers the same sort of acting you would expect in a Shyamolon movie.

It's also really lazily written, particularly the script. It's hard to describe how lazily written the script is so what I'm going to do instead is quote a few of the lines from the movie.

"You like hot dogs right?" "Cheese and crackers!" Keep in mind that this is a sort of post-apocalyptic movie and there are just some random lines that are put in this movie about food for some reason.

"All we have left is cough syrup" "Look I don't know if you guys have read an article in the New York Times about honey bees vanishing." I think that should be enough to tell you that the happening is a really bad movie. When I was going into this movie, I was expecting some sort of "the triffids" esque movie, but I just got a poorly directed, badly written, horribly acted post-apocalyptic drama. Avoid this.
EpicLadySpongeFeb 19, 2016
M. Night Shyamalan's famous line from the Sixth Sense has all came true! He actually see dead people in this entire movie for 110 minutes. How cool is that!
choomtabi31Feb 11, 2016
Very good movie, a bit unrealistic but very good. And great cast! Liked it.

Watch it here for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-625-The-Happening-online-free
Mellow_Online2Feb 11, 2016
I’ve finally started to do movie reviews, which I’ve wanted to do for quite some time. I decided to start off with in my opinion one of the worst but at the same time one of the best movies I’ve ever sat through, The Happening.

I only need

I only need to say the name of one man and you know how bad/good this movie is “M. Night Shyamalan.” Anyone who’s ever sat through at least one of this director’s films know that he is famous for making good actors turn in horrible performances and it carries on over with the happening as none of the actors seem to be acting normal at all but easily the most entertaining is our main star, Mark Wahlberg. Like Shyamolon, if anyone has seen any movies with Wahlberg in it know how good he is as Wahlberg always seems to turn in brilliant performances, but the Happening is his exception. He seems to deliver his lines in this weird over emphasized tone. Now at first I didn’t really think much of it in the first few scenes he was in as I saw he was playing a teacher so I was thinking teachers usually need to speak like this when they address their pupils but as I saw the movie go on, I realise that this is his whole performance. Zooey Deschannel is probably worse than Wahlberg’s. Her delivery is about as equally bad but the thing that seems to put her that extra step in front of Wahlberg on the bad acting scale is her facial expressions. She seems to widen her eyes in a lot of the shots, some of them when it’s even unnecessary to do it. Everyone else basically delivers the same sort of acting you would expect in a Shyamolon movie.

It’s also really lazily written, particularly the script. It’s hard to describe how lazily written the script is so what I’m going to do instead is quote a few of the lines from the movie.

“You like hot dogs right?”

“Cheese and crackers!”

“All we have left is cough syrup”

“Look I don’t know if you guys have read an article in the New York Times about honey bees

vanishing.”

I think that should be enough to tell you that the happening is a really bad movie. When I was going into this movie, I was expecting some sort of “the triffids” esque movie, but I just got a poorly directed, badly written, horribly acted post-apocalyptic drama. Avoid this.
raporgiJan 13, 2016
if you think of this movie as a comedy it works. From the ridiculous premise to the awful all kinds of horrid dialog, to the c-grade acting, this stinker will have you laughing at its "serious" moments. Wahlberg is miscast as perhaps theif you think of this movie as a comedy it works. From the ridiculous premise to the awful all kinds of horrid dialog, to the c-grade acting, this stinker will have you laughing at its "serious" moments. Wahlberg is miscast as perhaps the dumbest movie science teacher this decade while Deschanel delivers line after line of horsemanure dialog with an amusing look of mock self-awareness and disbelief that she's actually being paid to act in this turkey. Just pirate and dont pay for this. Expand
bfoore90Sep 20, 2015
Starts strong with a good story but is ultimately botched by poor film making and a sour acting performance from all involved, especially Mark Wahlberg.
BoogeeFilmGuyJul 15, 2015
M. Night is at it again bringing us a... really bad movie. However, its a great party movie that your friends and you can laugh all night at. But if you're looking for a movie to analyse, this probably isn't the one to watch.
s28pudJun 26, 2015
Quite possibly the funniest non-intentionally funny film I've ever seen. This is due to the excruciatingly bad acting, a script seemingly written by a 5 year old and a ridiculous plot. All of these things make this film extremely entertainingQuite possibly the funniest non-intentionally funny film I've ever seen. This is due to the excruciatingly bad acting, a script seemingly written by a 5 year old and a ridiculous plot. All of these things make this film extremely entertaining and definitely worth a watch just for a laugh. Expand
BradySmithJun 5, 2015
To quote Tropic Thunder, I think Shamalan has gone "full retard." And as far as we know, you don't come back from "full retard." Was this movie supposed to be funny? Cause it contained some of the funniest moments I've ever seen. WhalbergTo quote Tropic Thunder, I think Shamalan has gone "full retard." And as far as we know, you don't come back from "full retard." Was this movie supposed to be funny? Cause it contained some of the funniest moments I've ever seen. Whalberg thinking a doll is a person: "Mrs. Jones?", the roof jumper scene at the beginning, the... nah, there's too many to list. How do you go from making The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs to something like this? Granted, there are some atmospheric and emotionally effecting scenes here, but the movie's even more tragic due to them because you see glimpses of what could have been. The dialogue is awkward, half the time the performances are awkward, I laughed at half of the lines and all the death scenes... What the heck Shamalan? Did you write and direct this thing drunk? I just don't understand how...Just....how?? Expand
lukechristianscApr 5, 2015
Shyamalan's "plant vibe," was interesting that's what saved the film, however from a script gone bad this film was a atrocity that was hilariously bad. We are all a shamed that Whalberg and Zooey Deschanel are in a film were nothing makesShyamalan's "plant vibe," was interesting that's what saved the film, however from a script gone bad this film was a atrocity that was hilariously bad. We are all a shamed that Whalberg and Zooey Deschanel are in a film were nothing makes sense and have idiotic characters and humor. Writer and director M Night Shyamalan tries to make a film that tries to watchable and entertaining (he succeeds), but this movie is a B- movie. Grade B- Expand
AvgassFeb 22, 2015
A movie called "The Happening" in which nothing really happens. Somehow the direction made class leading actors appear totally void of talent. For once the critics seem to have scored this more appropriately than the users. The longer M.A movie called "The Happening" in which nothing really happens. Somehow the direction made class leading actors appear totally void of talent. For once the critics seem to have scored this more appropriately than the users. The longer M. Night Shyamalan makes movies the worse he gets. Only redeeming feature is some unintentionally hilarious suicide scenes. One of the worst films I have sat all the way through. Dreadful waste of time. Avoid at all costs Expand
FilmVirtueJan 11, 2015
A dark, mysterious and generally entertaining environmental thriller, The Happening may not appeal to everyone's taste from what we know the director for but still manages to bring enough horror elements in It's time to be worth while.
LoRevisorJan 5, 2015
M. Night Shyamalan chegou ao cúmulo do desastre,com esse pedaço de lixo,coitada da pessoa que teve que pagar o ingresso para assistir esse desastre da história do cinema. Mark Wahlberg faz um excelente trabalho mas o filme não ajuda
Meth-dudeNov 23, 2014
The happening had great potential but the realization of M.Night Shyamalan was not very good.The dialogues and the acting were really bad and when the action start,after 10 minutes it's over and they are again talking.The movie was stillThe happening had great potential but the realization of M.Night Shyamalan was not very good.The dialogues and the acting were really bad and when the action start,after 10 minutes it's over and they are again talking.The movie was still enjoyable even if it's not realistic at all. Expand
BigZOct 13, 2014
I understand that Shyamalan can have a very particular style and specific angles he wants to define. That being said, this movie, while having interesting ideas tossed around, finished with nothing but gore and jibberish for acting. I can seeI understand that Shyamalan can have a very particular style and specific angles he wants to define. That being said, this movie, while having interesting ideas tossed around, finished with nothing but gore and jibberish for acting. I can see that the approach is that maybe plants have the capacity to effect the human brain and its processing. So due to that it makes everyone's interactions with each other just odd and confusing. In that sense, the performances were not that bad. But that doesn't make it an entertaining experience. This is disappointing because I know there was a lot of wasted talent and ability here. It is an interesting idea to think the planet could get defensive against humans in that way but in the end I think Shyamalan tried too hard. There were a lot of positive elements that were in the wrong places. The genre wasn't really all that clear either. Pretty graphic and gruesome, while being light and humorously sarcastic almost...I mean what is going on? I am confident there was a well defined point in the director's mind but how it was relayed and delivered was too cryptic. Its just like, what are you trying to say here? Because whatever it is, its not getting across. There was no emotional time to connect to any of the characters and relate to them, there was no self involvement in the struggle. Whatever the struggle was exactly... Definitely a dip in Night's consistency in movie making. Expand
beingryanjudeSep 2, 2014
M. Night Shyamalan + Mark Wahlberg + Zooey Deschanel? On what level did we truly expect this one to work. There's no traditional Shyamalan that we crave in each of his films.
dante_finnJun 28, 2014
It is so bad that you can watch it as a comedy. The plit was good...that was until you find the cause of this "epidemic" and performances are really bad that you laugh at them due to the awful screenplay. I thought that he would learn afterIt is so bad that you can watch it as a comedy. The plit was good...that was until you find the cause of this "epidemic" and performances are really bad that you laugh at them due to the awful screenplay. I thought that he would learn after Lady In The Water. Expand
InlikeflynnJun 7, 2014
This movie is impressively bad!

This movie is impressively bad!

Is so bad that it becomes one of the must funny movies you can ever see; How is it that plants become such a hazard to humanity? is not even well explained, how do you run from the wind? that's impossible, why is the acting so awkward? I know the cast is talented but they were you just have fun to laugh. The director of this movie is a legend among filmmakers for starting on the top and then go way down bellow... The writing is horrible, the characters are dumb, the plot is funny and the directing is just idiotic...

I cannot believe that this is the same men who directed "The Sixth Sense", he is now a laughing stock and maybe he deserves this new heat... maybe one day he will come around but until then this will always be his worst movie...
Compi24May 4, 2014
Despite pulling off one or two tricky shots, "The Happening" is severely undone by its vastly distasteful screenplay, filled with implausibility, unforgivably strange characters, and painful dialogue.
ExKingMar 20, 2014
The happening is a bad movie, with a bad story and terrible performances, And that's just me being generous.
believe it or not, M. Night is one of my favorite directors, yes even after all the terrible movies he's done, because sometimes i get what is he trying to deliver, however i didn't feel anything about this one.
Mark Wahlberg is also one of my favorite actors, so saying this, is really hard for me.
First the story which was dull and stupid, and then the fact that everything about this movie is forced,
forced thriller and forced scenes and the fact that everything "should" be scary and weird.And all that was ok with me.
what gets me is the terrible awful down right insulting performance by Zooey Deschanel, i mean seriously, she couldn't act at all and didn't make sense the entire film.
and you have another bad performance by John Leguizamo and the sad thing is that even Mark Wahlberg performance was bad, watching him squeeze his face to make some impressions is really painful to watch.
after all, this is just a bad movie being bad with no excuse of excising, thank you very much M. Night for making me feel weird about myself watching Mark Wahlberg talking to a plant, Sigh.
TheCoolGuy99Dec 20, 2013
M. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening" would rather be a nonsense science fiction film with no clues to the problem itself. It's direction of camera filming was a shaky performance and the characters in the film was not mere fully fit forM. Night Shyamalan's "The Happening" would rather be a nonsense science fiction film with no clues to the problem itself. It's direction of camera filming was a shaky performance and the characters in the film was not mere fully fit for filmography career, but as of the film's thrilling scenes and eerie to scary sounds, it can be considered an okay film.

The story mainly focuses on the problem only not on the scale of the plot. The plot sequence was feeling randomly assessed. This film was too bad for Shyamalan's popularity on directing on some of his best critically acclaimed films like The Sixth Sense (1999).

Rating 5 10
RayzorMooseNov 15, 2013
Little happens in The Happening.
Little happens in The Happening.
The Happening begins intriguing and mysterious until out stretching its concept. The acting is nothing special, and there isn't anything thought provoking about the ending. It simply ends when they decide its gotten too boring.
imthenoobSep 25, 2013
Poor acted, Painfully slow, and the interesting premise is quickly killed off by the lack luster story and the pathetic ending that leaves you very unsatisfied. I can see why critics hate it so much.
Patrick94Sep 22, 2013
Ugh, what a waste of time, not really a spoiler but it's basically a bunch of people killing themselves, and that's it. The whole mystery element gets lost when you realize that the answer is pretty simple and just downright boring. Not toUgh, what a waste of time, not really a spoiler but it's basically a bunch of people killing themselves, and that's it. The whole mystery element gets lost when you realize that the answer is pretty simple and just downright boring. Not to mention the seriously bad acting, although I suppose you could blame that on the 5 year-old that wrote the script, I mean seriously, in some situations I was expecting the actors to just burst out laughing, and at some points it looked like Zooey Deschanel really, reeeeaaallyyy, REEEEEEAAAALLLLLYYY wanted to, and I honestly can't blame her. It was like all the actors involved sort of gave up half-way through probably thinking to themselves "well, this piece of junk movie isn't going to sell itself on it's story, hopefully our lackluster acting will convince people to want to watch it just for ****s and giggles" Expand
oringetoeJul 15, 2013
This review contains no spoilers, ironic really considering it was a waste of time and money and spoiled my day. People in the film start killing themselves for no apparent reason, probably after finding out who the director was. Very littleThis review contains no spoilers, ironic really considering it was a waste of time and money and spoiled my day. People in the film start killing themselves for no apparent reason, probably after finding out who the director was. Very little Happens, which Happened to be the films only redeeming feature. If less and less had Happened, way back until what may Happen was merely a possibility of it Happening until finally there was no chance of it Happening I would have had a better day, something I like might have happened. Expand
JmsbppJul 15, 2013
Entretenida otra buena pelicula de M night salayman guarda un buen suspenso y trayectoria es el trauma de esta familia por salir de este casi irremediable problema
KivaJun 14, 2013
wow that was a bad movie. Starts good but seriously thenature wants to attack us? What the heck? M.night has made such great movies like The sixth sense and Devil is not that bad. But this one was extremely bad. Too scientific for a horrorwow that was a bad movie. Starts good but seriously thenature wants to attack us? What the heck? M.night has made such great movies like The sixth sense and Devil is not that bad. But this one was extremely bad. Too scientific for a horror movie. Thumbs down Expand
SebastianRRJun 4, 2013
Buen inicio y buen cierre, lo demás, buena trama aunque ciertamente añadir a ese anciana antipática a mitad de la nada no me pareció un buen toque y ademas que porque si la anomalía se fuera tampoco.
OxcartMay 5, 2013
There was a time when the name M Night Shyamalan was effectively a synonym for the new generation of writing: plots that could turn on a dime, characters that were interesting, and generally movies that could be counted on to be interestingThere was a time when the name M Night Shyamalan was effectively a synonym for the new generation of writing: plots that could turn on a dime, characters that were interesting, and generally movies that could be counted on to be interesting and a good use of your time. Well, that era appears to be over. So let's run down The Happening. On its positive side (and there is a considerable positive side), it is a unique execution of an uncommon premise: the environment has turned on us. But unlike most previous versions of the plot, this isn't about animals rising up en masse against us (whoops, sorry James Patterson...but Zoo was a real piece of cheese), but rather nature subliminally convincing us to do the dirty work for it. So, neat twist on a not-new idea. Unfortunately, though, Shyamalan's "new approach" completely wrecks what could, should have been an outstanding movie. Remember that in all of great works...and Shyamalan's early stuff...that they held to a basic maxim: tension is built most by not letting the audience see. Keep them guessing and off-balance. knew it, and Signs did it, too. (So did The Village, but a little less so.) The Happening? Total screwup. Where the camera should cut away, it doesn't. Shyamalan completely jettisoned any hope of creating an atmosphere that keeps the audience off balance. Instead, the film goes for splatter-gore shock value, and it goes way over the top. Where there used to be finesse in these films, all that is present in The Happening is the most pedestrian, hamfisted attempt to rattle the audience. What should have been a shocking nature-doesn't-like-us film ended up being Maximum Overdrive with trees. The sad part is that the plot had some actual ability to work; it didn't have to be a self-parody, but the absolutely classless, talentless writing doomed it. Characters were wooden and unconvincing, but NOT because Mark Wahlberg or Zooey Deschanel did a poor job; they did well with what they were given. The problem is that they were given drivel. Wahlberg was, well, Wahlberg. He really doesn't have a lot of gears as an actor, but he is dependable. Deschanel turned in a surprisingly touching and believable performance which was quite out of place in this pile of junk. (Allow me to clarify: the surprise was not that Zooey Deschanel could turn in such a performance; we know she can. What's surprising is that she was able to do that with this bucket of sludge script.) So, frankly, when you get right down to it, you do not watch The Happening because you want a cerebral, atmospheric thriller. You watch it because...well, frankly, I can't think of a reason to watch it deliberately. Maybe if you're a fan of splatter-horror. But for everybody else, there are much better things to watch. Much better. A sorely disappointed 2 out of 10 for the total misfire that was The Happening. Expand
TheWalrus2000Mar 9, 2013
In The Happening Shyamalan doesn't only stomp on his career, he tries to stomps on Wahlberg's as well. This film tried to be creepy and I'm pretty everyone who saw this afterwards said to him or herself what the hell did I just watch.
csw12Jan 20, 2013
This is what you call a joke. Mark Wahlberg was absolutely terrible. The story was disgraceful. Bad cast, story feels long and drawn out for a 90 minute film. The Happening is just another flop from M Night
SeriosityDec 8, 2012
It has an eerie premise, but turns into nonsense. The best (worst?) part is when Mark Walhberg asks for the permission of plastic plants to enter their home.
BengalsfanAZNov 8, 2012
This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The plot, once you figure it out, is so stupid you will not believe that someone actually approved this to be made into a movie. The movie moves along at a droning pace, just like most M.This is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. The plot, once you figure it out, is so stupid you will not believe that someone actually approved this to be made into a movie. The movie moves along at a droning pace, just like most M. Night Shyamalan movies. Usually, this is acceptable to me because the payoff is worth it, like The Sixth Sense. In this case I was painfully bored until I figured out the ridiculous plot twist and by that time I was ready to call it quits.

Mark Wahlburg is generally an okay actor but in this film I think even he realizes how stupid it is and just gave up. The rest of the acting doesn't really matter because you will have lost interest long before judging it.

The only reason I even gave this movie a 1 is because I actually endured it till the end, otherwise it would have been a 0. You will miss nothing by not seeing this movie, except for the regrets of wishing you had not wasted 2 hours of your life on it.
cameronmorewoodNov 8, 2012
The Happening could've been so much more than it was, but Shyamalan cuts it down to 91 minutes and leaves us still hungry.
sLmSep 30, 2012
I don't get why so many bad critics xD the movie was good! No special effects needed, just nature to scary us. And also there were funny moments followed by creepy ones. It was definitely NOT a bad movie.
EssenceOfSugarSep 21, 2012
It may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the wayIt may be no finer a horror film than other similar distinguished works, but it worked for me. The acting may have been a little off-par, but Shyamalan has produced something that is worth watching. The actors were well matched and the way events were anticipated through the wind in the trees and grass disturbed me thoroughly. Not only that, but the acts themselves alongside the atmospheric music almost scared the living daylights out of me. I think this film effectively posed a message towards the sceptics out there, of a growing problem that we need to face before it's too late, even if nobody else thought so. Expand
MovieBoozerAug 4, 2012
MovieBoozer Rating: Six-Pack. Do not watch this movie sober!

I would almost recommend watching this film just to revel in the sheer awfulness of it. Just sit back and laugh at all the millions of dollars and months of people
intruder313May 3, 2012
The downward slope, which I suspect is deliberate, continues: yes it's even worse than Signs. Thankfully there's no "twist" this time unless you the twist is that every element of the film is terrible, the awful plot is revealed very early onThe downward slope, which I suspect is deliberate, continues: yes it's even worse than Signs. Thankfully there's no "twist" this time unless you the twist is that every element of the film is terrible, the awful plot is revealed very early on and then really does continue as the actual plot long after you've stopped laughing at it. Expand
Trev29Apr 5, 2012
A pretty pathetic attempt at a horror story. It was bizarre and creepy at times, but most of it was pretty stupid with some weird acting from a weird script. Interesting concept that was poorly done.
muzzikloverMar 27, 2012
One of the funniest bad movies I have ever seen and in my opinion, it's up there with The Room. This film is just dumb, dumb, dumb. The premise, plot and its logic don't make any sense, the concept and execution of the neurotoxin or plant orOne of the funniest bad movies I have ever seen and in my opinion, it's up there with The Room. This film is just dumb, dumb, dumb. The premise, plot and its logic don't make any sense, the concept and execution of the neurotoxin or plant or whatever it is that makes people commit suicide is laughably bad, the actors are dull and boring and it's not scary at all. In fact, it's absolutely hilarious. If you don't take this film seriously , you might get many hilarities when there's a really dumb or over the top moment. In a broader prospective, it's Shyamalan at his usual worst. A very stupid film. Expand
eTurkeyFeb 24, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. When Mark Wahlberg (who is playing a High School science teacher in this movie *begins to chuckle*) started having a conversation with a plastic plant and referenced a song he rapped about back when he was Marky Mark, I just about threw up in my mouth. I'm far from kidding. Seriously. The concept behind this "horror" film was somewhat savvy but was POORLY executed by director M. Night Shyamalan to a point where you honestly wouldn't be called crazy if thought this film was a comedy. Stay far away and watch something else! Expand
ApocalypseGamerNov 5, 2011
This became a dull film with a really bad plot, and confusing - but Wahlberg's performance was a little So and So with his character in The Happening. This film isn't what you might expect for a disaster film. It's a confusing film (forThis became a dull film with a really bad plot, and confusing - but Wahlberg's performance was a little So and So with his character in The Happening. This film isn't what you might expect for a disaster film. It's a confusing film (for understanding what the film is about), and I think it wasn't showing any suspense or thrills in this sci-fi film. Expand
JAM123Aug 23, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie was not very good. I enjoyed few parts but the plot line was terrible and the acting sucked. Mark Wahlberg is not one of my favorite actors but I was surprised about Zooey Deschanel. I usually enjoy her acting but in this movie she was just horrible. The whole thing was horrible! The whole plants having a conscious and that it reacts to human stimulus or whatever. It was stupid. I had thought when I went to see this it would be good, but I was wrong. M. Night Shyamalan just doesn't have the touch that he had in his older work (Sixth Sense, Unbreakable). Now with Devil out too, I'm only thinking to myself, "when will he stop." All his movies are now is just incredibly horrible storylines with stupid and effortless twists, like in this movie. This stupid end of the world action drama had no storyline terrible twist and is a waste of time and money and I do not think you should see it. Also to M. Night Shyamalan, STOP!!!! Expand
davenbettridgeJul 7, 2011
While this movie doe s pose an idea that could have been made into something interesting, M. Night Shyamalan fails to tell us a compelling story with characters that don t make you want to slit your wrists every time they open their mouth, orWhile this movie doe s pose an idea that could have been made into something interesting, M. Night Shyamalan fails to tell us a compelling story with characters that don t make you want to slit your wrists every time they open their mouth, or do anything. Mark Wahlbergs acting is horrible, the little girl acting was better. The suicide scenes become distasteful. The character actions are unbelievable to the circumstances. M. Night Shyamalans earlier work was good, this is not. Pass. Expand
StannoMay 13, 2011
Did anybody see the awful 2010 children's comedy "Furry Vengeance"? Well this is just like a botanical version for grown ups with more laughs. Ridiculous plot, bizarre acting. The only "Food for thought" this will give you is "is this meantDid anybody see the awful 2010 children's comedy "Furry Vengeance"? Well this is just like a botanical version for grown ups with more laughs. Ridiculous plot, bizarre acting. The only "Food for thought" this will give you is "is this meant to be a spoof?" Expand
skuz440Nov 18, 2010
Some people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterdaySome people on here have an agenda. They are strictly trying to ruin Mr. Shyamalan's career with negative reviews any which way. I saw Lady in the Water. Yeah, it was weird and I wasn't impressed. But The Happening? I watched it yesterday expecting the worst, after reading all the bad press surrounding it I thought it would be an absolute disaster. 90 minutes later I walked away feeling I have just watched a very original and thoughtful movie. Mark Wahlberg and the ever beautiful Zooey Deschanel act their way through this strange premise and it's not bad at all. I've seen much worse movies that weren't thrashed nearly as badly. I say watch it and see for yourself. It's by far not your typical script and the story weaves in an uneasy way. Good job Mr. Shyamalan!! Expand
MetalMan95Oct 26, 2010
Shyamalan, what happened? This movie had a great concept, great actors, and decent plot. But the execution is so unintentionally flawed. These actors weren't even trying. You can tell from Mark Wahlberg's infamous "What? No!" TheShyamalan, what happened? This movie had a great concept, great actors, and decent plot. But the execution is so unintentionally flawed. These actors weren't even trying. You can tell from Mark Wahlberg's infamous "What? No!" The what-was-supposed-to-be scariest scene had me bored to tears and wasn't scary. There was only one scene that disturbed me a bit, but now i can watch it without being disturbed. This isn't even a fun movie, joyless, and serious. You can find this movie fun, if you find it unintentionally funny, as most people do. If you find this movie enjoyable and scary, then hooray for you, you don't mind the flaws. I try to give Shyamalan some slack, he's in a rut, but this movie is an embarrassment to his career. Expand
dijavantewowOct 17, 2010
Just want to start out by saying I was one of the few remaining M. Night fans still out there up until this. I actually enjoyed Lady In The Water, but this movie really pissed me off. I am a huge fan of Marky Mark Wahlberg too, and he wasJust want to start out by saying I was one of the few remaining M. Night fans still out there up until this. I actually enjoyed Lady In The Water, but this movie really pissed me off. I am a huge fan of Marky Mark Wahlberg too, and he was disappointing too. He wasn't even close to the problem though. The plot of this movie kept me going, and then at the M. Night just craps on us. I don't know if that was his best idea, or it was just laziness or what, but that wasn't an okay ending. Go back to your twists, they did you good. Expand
ryancarroll88Aug 27, 2010
More proof that M. Night Shyamalan is, indeed, a one-trick pony that relies on the same techniques in every film. Whereas some of his other movies occasionally have good acting and cinematography to pick up the slack, this movie has nothing.More proof that M. Night Shyamalan is, indeed, a one-trick pony that relies on the same techniques in every film. Whereas some of his other movies occasionally have good acting and cinematography to pick up the slack, this movie has nothing. It's just crap. Expand
ERG1008Aug 23, 2010
Central Park NYC, people start standing still then killing themselves, media blame it on terrorist attacks, spreads to Philadelphia, people evacuated to the countryside, gets worse, love can save the day.
If I had to describe this film in one
If I had to describe this film in one word it would be "ridiculous". It's sort of a cross between The Day After Tomorrow, Day of the Triffids & a reverse War of the Worlds.
The acting is pretty bad, dialogue not much better & the whole story is just plain & simple nonsense.
IsaacCJan 3, 2010
Finally Score = Planet 1, Humans 0, I see Genius where humans took a back seat and you can tell by these ignorant reviews how lost we really are and sensitive to the possibility of nature being sensitive and defensive too. Truly a Finally Score = Planet 1, Humans 0, I see Genius where humans took a back seat and you can tell by these ignorant reviews how lost we really are and sensitive to the possibility of nature being sensitive and defensive too. Truly a masterpiece and respects to all participants in down playing humans and upscaling the breathing breeze. Expand
6 of 9 users found this helpful
DominickODec 10, 2009
I hate when people gives films 0 and 1 on this site because normally they are taking it too far. But I make an exception in this case. The worst acting, worst directing and worst script I have ever seen in a "blockbuster" film - bar none. A I hate when people gives films 0 and 1 on this site because normally they are taking it too far. But I make an exception in this case. The worst acting, worst directing and worst script I have ever seen in a "blockbuster" film - bar none. A good premise and exciting first five minutes followed by 90 minutes of the worst cinema I've ever witnessed. 5 people around us got up and left the cinema. Expand
SergioO.Sep 23, 2009
There's something everyone is missing, even Mr. Shyamalan. Despite the fact the plot sounds so strange (but not impossible if you read a little about what plants can do when they're in danger), and most people I've watched There's something everyone is missing, even Mr. Shyamalan. Despite the fact the plot sounds so strange (but not impossible if you read a little about what plants can do when they're in danger), and most people I've watched this movie with ended so shocked, this is a movie about love. Call me a complete fool, or idle, but for me this is the most romantic movie ever made. My point is, this is not a love-movie, but shows what love can do. And maybe this is what people are not seeing, that we need more love to get through these rough times. In the end, this is what love is all about: being confused, being mad, sad and happy. That's why love here seems so real! This is a great movie because it grows by itself. Expand
RichieF.Aug 11, 2009
I just saw this movie and didn't know what to expect because of all the negative reviews. Me, not being an avid M. Night Shyamalan fan, actually enjoyed it. However, there were a few flaws, I think. For one, I wish there was more I just saw this movie and didn't know what to expect because of all the negative reviews. Me, not being an avid M. Night Shyamalan fan, actually enjoyed it. However, there were a few flaws, I think. For one, I wish there was more evidence against the plants for releasing the toxins, although it is a smart idea. Another thing is that I thought they shouldn't have so easily come to the conclusion that larger groups were more susceptible to being killed. However, it was a smart idea to have the main character a science teacher and another important character be a plant expert, although a convenient pair. But other than that, I thought the movie was very intriguing. The camera angles were great and they really caught the effect of the film. The music was solid and of course the actors were alright. I especially liked Zooey Deschannel's performance as the wife. For the most part, this was a very good movie. It was a good idea that was executed well. I would definitely recommend this film to many people. Expand
SimonPJul 29, 2009
Perhaps we just have to face the fact that this guy had only one good film in him. I remember seeing the trailer for this and thinking it looked worth seeing. I was wrong. It fails on numerous levels, not least by drawing some really bad Perhaps we just have to face the fact that this guy had only one good film in him. I remember seeing the trailer for this and thinking it looked worth seeing. I was wrong. It fails on numerous levels, not least by drawing some really bad performances from some reasonably good actors. Wahlberg and Deschanel are painful to watch. The plot's full of holes and there simply isn't anything shocking, scary of moving about the whole thing. Imagine taking a generic zombie film but removing the threat posed by the zombies by having them kill only themselves. Scary? Fun? Nope. It might just be redeemable if it conveyed its message about Man's destruction of the environment in a meaningful or thought provoking way, but it doesn't; it's crass and patronising to anyone with half an ounce of intelligence. It would have been so much better to have donated the millions that went into producing this compost heap of a film to an environmental charity. Expand
JoeDJul 22, 2009
I expected better from this movie. Turns out it was the best unintentional comedy I've seen. If your looking for a laugh watch this.
JamesNJul 21, 2009
Quite possibly the worst film I've ever seen. Wahlberg's acting blends in well with the trees and blows much harder than the deadly breeze he runs from.
SameerS.Jul 9, 2009
I am a Shymalan Fan. But all of his movies do require one to see what was the thought behind the project. shyamalan is eeriely positive person. This is evident in 6th sense when the spirit redeems itself by helping the boy, unbreakable where I am a Shymalan Fan. But all of his movies do require one to see what was the thought behind the project. shyamalan is eeriely positive person. This is evident in 6th sense when the spirit redeems itself by helping the boy, unbreakable where Bruce is the positive force, Village where love wins, Lady in water where there is happy ending, signs where gibson returns back to faith and happening where love and belief wins over odds. I loved the happening movie He is brilliant where he leaves the audience thinking pondering and hungry for his next creation. His movies are 3D where the third dimension is thought. Expand
JaggedReviewsJun 22, 2009
A great movie? No. A bad an utter steaming pile of crap? Certainly not. The Happening is twist thriller M. Night Shymalans most recent film as well as his first R rated film. For those who try and see this as a return to the days of The A great movie? No. A bad an utter steaming pile of crap? Certainly not. The Happening is twist thriller M. Night Shymalans most recent film as well as his first R rated film. For those who try and see this as a return to the days of The Sixth Sense, which i personally did not enjoy, then you will probably be disappointed but i you treat this as a fun thriller B movie then believe me youll see the lightwer side of things. The movie moves up and about as a group of New Yorkers flee from NYC from a invisible force that has the New Yorkers offing themselves. The film gives us a few chills and thrills bt never reaches its full potential but then again these days not very many films do. I enjoyed the film but thought once again Shymaln failed to shock m with his signature twist ending. The film comes off touching and thought provoking at moments but t does fail at some moments. The side plot of Elliot and his soon to be at the beginning seems to have been thrown in along with the cheating part. The film is Shymalans best work certainly since Signs and i recommend it for a look. Expand
SeanGJun 14, 2009
I can't believe that a well-respected director like M. Night Shyamalan would make something this incredibly bad. You know that Shyamalan is intending the movie to be a horror/thriller type of movie, and that is what you would expect, I can't believe that a well-respected director like M. Night Shyamalan would make something this incredibly bad. You know that Shyamalan is intending the movie to be a horror/thriller type of movie, and that is what you would expect, but that is not the case in this film. As many others have stated, the acting truly is laughable, at points similar to acting in movies such as Scary Movie and other parody films. What makes it even more funny is the lines that are used which always seemed like the most obvious lines you could think of. The only thing that came close to keeping me on the edge of my seat was the camera shots throughout the movie that built suspense for me multiple times. Other than that, and overall, the acting was bad, the script was bad, the storyline didn't go anywhere throughout the movie, and the ending didn't give off any second thoughts or any additional thinking (as I saw Shyamalan's Sixth Sense). When it's over, all it seems to be is an unrealistic movie with a plot that never went anywhere and parody-like acting. Expand
AnthonyNMar 26, 2009
Steaming piece of crap. No one deserves having to watch this, not even mass murderers.
MichaelLJan 7, 2009
I'm going to try to hard to defend this film, but I will say that I really enjoyed it. I don't understand how so many critics and fans hated it. Then again, I seem to be one of the few people out there in the world who loved The Village.
SteveSJan 7, 2009
Just awful. Defies logic at many turns. Wahlberg's and performance is leaden. Zooey Deschanel spends the movie staring gap mouthed at the screen. If you want to watch a bad film to laugh at, there are better bad flicks out there.
AlexGDec 17, 2008
Nothing good happened in this movie!
MichaelMDec 14, 2008
Tense and occasionally touching movie.
LarryLDec 1, 2008
A horrible movie...unless it was meant as a comedy/parody. The acting and the lines were so bad you wish everybody in the movie kills themselves. Including the film crew.
StephenL.Nov 29, 2008
This is a love it or hate it film as the ratings here indicate. I was more towards the love it end of the scale. Not one for the real horror fans that are looking for scare, but engaging and unsettling. Words that apply - Unnerving, This is a love it or hate it film as the ratings here indicate. I was more towards the love it end of the scale. Not one for the real horror fans that are looking for scare, but engaging and unsettling. Words that apply - Unnerving, Unsettling, Thought provoking, Fascinating, Eerie. Words that don't apply - Scary, Jump out your skin, horror. Don Expand
GrahamD.Nov 12, 2008
Horrible writing and bad acting take away from the horror elements.
CMNov 10, 2008
Simply horrible, in every respect. What a complete waste of a rental.
DavidCNov 8, 2008
I swore I would never see another M. Night Shyamalan movie after The Village...I should have known better because this was one of the WORST movies I've seen in the last 15 years, tied with Battlefied Earth. It's good for laughts, I swore I would never see another M. Night Shyamalan movie after The Village...I should have known better because this was one of the WORST movies I've seen in the last 15 years, tied with Battlefied Earth. It's good for laughts, but not with the movie --- at it. Once again Mark Wahlberg has proven that he is a terrible lead actor, although he is a great supporting actor (e.g., The Departed). Expand
ZackNov 6, 2008
This movie was bad. The acting was laughable and the dialogue awful. The overall concept wasn't bad as the exposition to a much larger film. However, the second half to this great epic (what happens to mankind after this) never happens. This movie was bad. The acting was laughable and the dialogue awful. The overall concept wasn't bad as the exposition to a much larger film. However, the second half to this great epic (what happens to mankind after this) never happens. It just ends abruptly and anticlimatically. If you were to cut this down to the couple good scenes and add a new ending (which shows more aftermath) and have the actors give better performances (most of these guys are better then that). This could have been pulled off beautifully. Expand
AndrewD.Nov 2, 2008
Suprisingly creepy with a definite ecocide-in-reverse theme. The disdain with which bloggers treat M Nights films is a worry. No mainstream pulp director has ever received such scorn. Each and every film stimulated me intellectually and Suprisingly creepy with a definite ecocide-in-reverse theme. The disdain with which bloggers treat M Nights films is a worry. No mainstream pulp director has ever received such scorn. Each and every film stimulated me intellectually and cinematically. In 20 years his films will be remembered and revisited again and again. Then witness the volte-face of the contempary critics who found his works to be egotistical. Methinks you do protest too much. Expand
JonK.Oct 31, 2008
Absolutely one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I liked pretty much all of the other movies by this director, but this was horrible. Don't waste your time or money!
RichardR.Oct 31, 2008
A decent germ of an idea has been turned into a boring film with talk, talk, talk. What awful writing. Come on, Night. You know you can do better -- don't you?
JamieTOct 31, 2008
Possibly the worst movie I haver ever seen. It replaces his previous movie, Lady in the Water. I was hoping Night was going to get back to making good movies like Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable but instead this retchid movie happened. Possibly the worst movie I haver ever seen. It replaces his previous movie, Lady in the Water. I was hoping Night was going to get back to making good movies like Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable but instead this retchid movie happened. Did I feel drawn into the movie? Possibly - yes! I too had an overwhelming urge to stick something sharp into my neck while trying to digest this absolute howler! Expand
MitchA.Oct 28, 2008
Without a doubt one of the worst films i have ever seen. How M. Night Shyamalan could get something so wrong after getting other films so right is outragous. AVOID
JenniferK.Oct 19, 2008
This movie was terrible. I kept watching thinking something was going to happen......nothing. The acting was awful and the dialogue was retarded. I only gave it a one because some of the death scenes were worth watching.
MeghanOct 18, 2008
The previews looked excellent and the premise appeared interesting, but the movie itself was a flop. I was severely disappointed because the idea behind the movie could have made an incredible movie; it just wasn't served to the The previews looked excellent and the premise appeared interesting, but the movie itself was a flop. I was severely disappointed because the idea behind the movie could have made an incredible movie; it just wasn't served to the audience in a palatable fashion. The acting was literally laughable, as well as the script- a total cheez-factory. Idiosyncratic characters, such as the military guy on the road and the old woman who housed them in the end, seemed to be "weird" for no reason at all. I was sitting there wondering what was up with them, and it turned out that their personalities/behaviors served no purpose at all. I think M. Night Shyamalan wrapped himself up too tightly in concept (style) in this movie, and therefore failed to tell the story effectively. He is lost in his own artistry, but this is nothing new for his movies. Avoid this movie, and I encourage you to rewrite it yourself--- you could definitely do much better than this guy. Expand
JohanF.Oct 18, 2008
I think this is a great movie!!! It just have to been seen! Dont listen to the 0 and 1 votes. If you dont watch this movie you have missed something!!!
MayQOct 16, 2008
I am a very big fan of M. Night Shyamalan. I feel he is a very creative writer and creates movies that are not your traditional slasher-type, shoot-guns-at-everything kind of movies. I have enjoyed all of his movies... up until I saw The I am a very big fan of M. Night Shyamalan. I feel he is a very creative writer and creates movies that are not your traditional slasher-type, shoot-guns-at-everything kind of movies. I have enjoyed all of his movies... up until I saw The Happening. I liked the concept. I liked the storyline. Again, good job with the creativity. My BIGGEST problem with this whole movie was that the acting was absolutely horrid. I like Wahlberg and Leguizamo, but the acting was... horrible. Completely horrible. I don't understand how the dialogue and the acting could have gone so wrong. Didn't they see they could not play their parts well? Wahlberg is IMO an awesome actor, but I guess he can't do drama. Hell, no one in the movie played dramatic well. If the acting and dialogue were made better, then I think this movie would have been a little better. Rate a 3 for the story. 0 for acting. Expand
AdamPOct 16, 2008
An entertaining movie - not Shyamalan's best, but entertaining.
ToddF.Oct 16, 2008
The acting was terrible, the script was worse, but there were some entertaining bits to this movie.
HastyManicOct 13, 2008
A new camp classic...Howlingly hilarious in its pompous ambitions, stupifyingly awful execution, and the low end of Z quality acting and dialogue. I was entertained, but for completely unintended reasons.
SteveB.Oct 11, 2008
I thought this movie had a decent plot with good acting. I think it brings up a good point about global warming.
BillBOct 9, 2008
I laughed so hard while watching this movie, not because it was supposed to be funny, but because it was so badly done. How can Shyamalan not realize that the dialogue, story content, and acting was absolutely terrible? Mark Wahlberg was I laughed so hard while watching this movie, not because it was supposed to be funny, but because it was so badly done. How can Shyamalan not realize that the dialogue, story content, and acting was absolutely terrible? Mark Wahlberg was worse than an 8th grader in a school play and Deschanel was more like a 6th grader. This movie played out like a stupid comedy, even though you could tell that it was 100% serious. Avoid The Happening unless you are a connoisseur of offal movies or you think that M. Night Shyamalan is a good director! Expand
AlexB.Oct 8, 2008
Laughable at best and overly pretentious. Avoid this movie at all costs.
DanM.Oct 7, 2008
This has to be the worst movie I've ever seen....terrible acting, zero plot, and a god-awful storyline. The Happening = FAIL.
DippyS.Oct 5, 2008
No more time in this world should be wasted on this film
1 of 1 users found this helpful
JayH.Oct 1, 2008
Ahhhh, M Night Shyamalan. Mr. pretentious. And he does nearly kill what could have been a much better film. But I like this one better than his last string of stinkers. Mark Wahlberg is a big plus, it is well acted. Shyamalan needs to get Ahhhh, M Night Shyamalan. Mr. pretentious. And he does nearly kill what could have been a much better film. But I like this one better than his last string of stinkers. Mark Wahlberg is a big plus, it is well acted. Shyamalan needs to get off his high horse. Expand
BRockSep 27, 2008
An awesome concept ... algae bloom in a human affecting environment. Awesome movie for those that like something more than just your cut and dry Action/horror flick.
BlakeO.Sep 23, 2008
The story had no direction or ending. Where do I go to get last 2 hours of my life back?
JackS.Sep 5, 2008
If a small time director was responsible fro this movie, it would recieive good reviews based solely on the fact that such a movie would not be expected from them. But its the fact that M.Night Shaylaman directed, wrote and co-produced this If a small time director was responsible fro this movie, it would recieive good reviews based solely on the fact that such a movie would not be expected from them. But its the fact that M.Night Shaylaman directed, wrote and co-produced this movie set viewers high expectations that this film couldnt possibly achieve. A brilliant idea, but it didn't and never will work well in a movie. Plants just arent scary. The opening sequences were brilliant, thrilling and unique, and the film slipped away after that point, that just happened to be passing by. Dissapointing from a big time director like shaylaman, but a good film none the less. Expected it to be alot deeper like the rest of shaylamans works. Expand
ALL242Aug 26, 2008
This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I paid full price in the theaters to see the movie. The acting is sub-par, which is the best part of the entire movie. I fail to understand why wind moving through a field toward a This is the worst movie I have ever seen. Unfortunately, I paid full price in the theaters to see the movie. The acting is sub-par, which is the best part of the entire movie. I fail to understand why wind moving through a field toward a group of people running away would get a rise out of anyone. Save yourself the time and money and watch ice melt in the sink, it's much more enjoyable. Expand
ThiagoT.Aug 25, 2008
This movie is horrible. M. Night Shyamalan had good dreams and put it on the screen, after this one its proven how fucking luck and of course, immature he is as director. Zooey Deschanel didn't how what a hell she was doing in the This movie is horrible. M. Night Shyamalan had good dreams and put it on the screen, after this one its proven how fucking luck and of course, immature he is as director. Zooey Deschanel didn't how what a hell she was doing in the entire film, that was kinda fun. Expand
GirenI.Aug 10, 2008
It's like Shyamalan was trying too hard to gives the movie a B rated but cool ambiance. It was the worst of his films. Just horrible. This is the kind of movie who proves how the director could bring the disaster to any element of the movie.
GeorgeofthejungleAug 6, 2008
Funny, good dialogues, good level of suspense.
RommelP.Aug 4, 2008
One of my best this 2008, I dont like fiction, superheroes tired me, this film in its whole concept is a new experience for me.
JoeU.Aug 4, 2008
I think the movie was enjoyable, but, i did not like the script, i think it was lazy, not well worked, amateur. I also think Shyamalan tried to do something new but it didnt work either.
CarlA.Aug 1, 2008
Fantastically good!, bad for lazy minds, it has a enjoyable ryhthm made with a unique style.