7.2

1. Feb 20, 2013
    Entertaining movie about safe cracking and pulling off daring heists. However, it becomes hard to suspend disbelief as the characters seem to have an answer for everything. Rather than depicting actual (or semi-plausible) solutions, everything seems to work as if though magic was involved. The explanations given are non-sensical most of the time and even to someone without any knowledge onEntertaining movie about safe cracking and pulling off daring heists. However, it becomes hard to suspend disbelief as the characters seem to have an answer for everything. Rather than depicting actual (or semi-plausible) solutions, everything seems to work as if though magic was involved. The explanations given are non-sensical most of the time and even to someone without any knowledge on the given fields they will sound like pure Hollywood nonsense. This is a sure sign of lazy writing which is too bad because if the film had taken the whole sbuject of safe cracking a little more seriously it would have probably scored a little higher overall. The protagonist's hench man also seemed a bit too happy to do whatever they were told, they should have given these characters more of a free will. I deemed these points rather annoying but the solid acting and constant action made me want to sit it out. The thing I remember most about watching this movie was its horrible techno soundtrack which just screamed for attention during scenes that really weren't as exciting as the soundtrack would make you believe. Expand
  2. Jan 7, 2012
    Intelligent action, nothing too absurd, and great acting. Theron and Wahlberg have chemistry, and all the other characters work well together. Overall, a very satisfying movie.
  3. Aug 13, 2014
    That's a good example of what the thrillers of that genre should looks like.Great acting performances,great story and awesome action scenes.This movie is just one of the best(in this genre).
  4. Nov 1, 2010
    Fun movie, but rather dumb. They make so many poor choices leading up to the heist that the suspension of disbelief is non-existent. Unlike the Ocean's crew, these guys not only do things in the most un-slick, non subtle way possible, but they leave gaping holes in the plan and just make bad choices. Like having the gang leader's daughter spy on the antagonist as a cable repairwoman.Fun movie, but rather dumb. They make so many poor choices leading up to the heist that the suspension of disbelief is non-existent. Unlike the Ocean's crew, these guys not only do things in the most un-slick, non subtle way possible, but they leave gaping holes in the plan and just make bad choices. Like having the gang leader's daughter spy on the antagonist as a cable repairwoman. Really? You don't think he might have seen her before, working with him all those years?

If you can set aside all the logic problems, it's a fun movie with a great pulse. Edward Norton is always awesome, even as a sniveling bad guy. But intelligent this movie is not.
  5. Apr 30, 2013
    To me this is not a remake. To be fair I really wish they had not put Italian Job in the Title. In the UK its call 'The Italian Job: LA Heist' and from this I wish it was just called 'LA Heist'. The story is not all that bad. Its fairly generic but engaging. Most of the parts in the film are played well and I did think the cast was good. The only real reason that this is The Italian Job isTo me this is not a remake. To be fair I really wish they had not put Italian Job in the Title. In the UK its call 'The Italian Job: LA Heist' and from this I wish it was just called 'LA Heist'. The story is not all that bad. Its fairly generic but engaging. Most of the parts in the film are played well and I did think the cast was good. The only real reason that this is The Italian Job is through the choice of cars (New BMW MINIS). The plot moves at a decent pace and has plenty of set pieces, action moments along with some emotions (these feel a little obvious and fairly predictable) but its not a bad way to spend an hour and a half.
    The ending is a little cheap for me but its not the worst you will ever see.
    Rent rather than buy.
  6. Mar 27, 2012
    The Italian Job turned out to be better than I expected. Looking through the cast I was worried that the director was relying on the ensemble of heavyweight actors to carry the film, but dialogue and story-wise, The Italian Job wasn't bad at all. There's a lot of unnecessary filler scenes in the middle third, and the director/editor could have easily cut out a good ten-fifteen minutes. AsThe Italian Job turned out to be better than I expected. Looking through the cast I was worried that the director was relying on the ensemble of heavyweight actors to carry the film, but dialogue and story-wise, The Italian Job wasn't bad at all. There's a lot of unnecessary filler scenes in the middle third, and the director/editor could have easily cut out a good ten-fifteen minutes. As pointed out by a few users, Edward Norton is fairly disappointing as the film's villain among villains, and I would've preferred to see him cast as the lead man. That being said, Mark Wahlberg does a surprisingly good job, not overplaying the role. The supporting cast, particularly Mos Def and Jason Statham, lend some comic relief and and give an all-round solid performance. There's a heap of implausible moments in The Italian Job, so much so that I was scoffing at times at the ludicrousness of it all, but it's to be expected from a high-adrenaline action film. Expand
  7. Nov 14, 2011
    This review contains spoilers. Bottom Line: Not that it should be passed on, but Oceanâ Collapse
  8. Jun 2, 2012
    Perfect length, good choice of actors and best of all, the story is told almost flawlessly. Every minute of the film has been put to good use, so there are no fillers and it's all straight in there. It's "smart but simple" with some humour and good action scenes. I don't think it's a great film though. It's too gimmicky and lacking focus or the wow factor, but it's a good action film thatPerfect length, good choice of actors and best of all, the story is told almost flawlessly. Every minute of the film has been put to good use, so there are no fillers and it's all straight in there. It's "smart but simple" with some humour and good action scenes. I don't think it's a great film though. It's too gimmicky and lacking focus or the wow factor, but it's a good action film that won't dissapoint. Expand
  9. Dec 27, 2011
    great movie very well done it seems they really took a lot of time putting this movie together.great cast Mark Wahlberg is a great actor.The scene where they created a traffic jam was great. really liked this movie lots of good action very entertaining.Would watch it with a good beer.
  10. Aug 28, 2014
    Sub-par remake of an already sub-par heist adventure. Charlize Theron does excite--but is lost amidst unnecessary action. I fear that all I will take away from this experience is a vision of the Mini-Cooper.
  11. Oct 17, 2013
    Certainly an entertaining heist film that fulfills all of its purposes. It intrigues the viewer, it gets you to root for the good guys and against the bad guy, and you are left amazed at how crafty these guys really are as they get what they want. The cast was really good; Wahlberg, Theron, and Norton, all turned in good performances as expected. Overall, it's certainly a movie I'dCertainly an entertaining heist film that fulfills all of its purposes. It intrigues the viewer, it gets you to root for the good guys and against the bad guy, and you are left amazed at how crafty these guys really are as they get what they want. The cast was really good; Wahlberg, Theron, and Norton, all turned in good performances as expected. Overall, it's certainly a movie I'd recommend to people as there's not much wrong with it. Expand
  12. Nov 19, 2012
    It's a first-rate action thriller.
  13. Jun 11, 2013
    Heist movies at their best, I saw the Italian Job a few years back and I remember loving it, then I noticed that it was playing on Showtime, so I recorded it, and watched it, and it just gets more and more awesome every time I watch it. I just love a good heist movie, doesn't everyone? Its smart, funny, interesting, engrossing, and bad ass. The movie was very well acted, but one guy stoleHeist movies at their best, I saw the Italian Job a few years back and I remember loving it, then I noticed that it was playing on Showtime, so I recorded it, and watched it, and it just gets more and more awesome every time I watch it. I just love a good heist movie, doesn't everyone? Its smart, funny, interesting, engrossing, and bad ass. The movie was very well acted, but one guy stole the show as the funniest character in the movie and that's Seth Greens character, he was funny, he had witty dialogue, an awesome back story that added realism to his character. But everyone else is awesome too. If you like realistic heist movies, you will like this movie. And if you don't like heist movies in general, you may like it but you won't love it. Expand
  14. Jan 5, 2014
    A heist movie at its best, The Italian Job is very fun and never lets go of your attention. Pretty good acting by Mark Wahlberg and the crew, and the movie has a nice, witty script.
  15. Nov 12, 2013
    The Italian Job gets promoted.
    There is very little to speak of, The Italian Job is filled with overly qualified actors that are handed paper thin characters and cheesy one liners. An entertaining heist film with poor logic and no substance.

1. An elaborate techno-heist thriller, The Italian Job features some spectacular chase scenes, but for a change, the people doing the chasing are also worth watching.
  2. Feels a like smooth, exciting whoosh down a ski slope.
    The chase scenes in The Italian Job are the most exciting ones I can remember seeing in a movie in a long time, probably because they're the only ones I can remember -- and that's saying something.