Cohen Media Group | Release Date: April 13, 2012
6.5
Generally favorable reviews based on 19 Ratings
WATCH NOW
asthobaskoroApr 16, 2012
It's rather looks like Luc Besson's action movie than Oscar biopic.The Lady suffers uneven pacing and surounded by terrible supporting third class act, but The Lady offers humanity message through Aung San Suu Kyi; her sacrifice, herIt's rather looks like Luc Besson's action movie than Oscar biopic.The Lady suffers uneven pacing and surounded by terrible supporting third class act, but The Lady offers humanity message through Aung San Suu Kyi; her sacrifice, her suffering, her struggle, and also her passion to husband, children and country. i was cry over the movie, so touching by heart-warming two its lead performance. Damn critics! Don't make them hold your step to near multiplex. Watch this film and open your mind and heart. Expand
momomesh-chFeb 18, 2012
This is a complete success: Luc Besson, you learned to Burma by a deeply humanistic and political history in question. Then, the two main actors (Michelle Yeoh and David Thewlis) play their roles well and make you feel his passion in privateThis is a complete success: Luc Besson, you learned to Burma by a deeply humanistic and political history in question. Then, the two main actors (Michelle Yeoh and David Thewlis) play their roles well and make you feel his passion in private life and his struggle for democracy and peace in society.

There are some similarities with another masterpiece of Besson's "Leon: The Professional": both are in fear of "courage and love." Aung San Suu Kyi, as Leo is a hero of the struggle against tyranny and only organized power corrupt. If the Lion effort to protect the innocent young Mathilde felt sympathy for this guy, no doubt, you can admire this courageous woman comforted her and her family to defend the entire nation of the dictatorship of the military regime.

My wife and I enjoyed the film. Paris theater was almost full at the end gives the impression that the spectators were satisfied A row in front of us was an elderly couple, the old man asked. "? Dear you wish, for the second time," Ms replied, "Sure, can you come and see it a third time?"
watch here
momomesh.ch
bennetApr 23, 2012
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a vivid and devastatingly heart breaking detail of Aung San Suu Kyi's years in captivity. A lot of critics attack it for not being a Luc Besson action film or more political when I think the Shakespearian conflict of family v country, of having to be away from her husband in his final hours has always intrigued me. If they reviewed the movie they saw and not the one in their head, I suspect it would have scored higher. I did not notice how long the film was.

One reviewer criticized the Nobel Prize scene which had her very intimate attempt to communicate with music and participate in her isolation.
HomeReviewerJun 12, 2012
The 1991 Nobel Peace Prize laureate, Aung San Suu Kyi, is played wonderfully by Michelle Yeoh. I knew little about this famous person as I suspect many also didnâ