6.6

1. Feb 18, 2012
    This is a complete success: Luc Besson, you learned to Burma by a deeply humanistic and political history in question. Then, the two main actors (Michelle Yeoh and David Thewlis) play their roles well and make you feel his passion in private life and his struggle for democracy and peace in society.

There are some similarities with another masterpiece of Besson's "Leon: The Professional":
    both are in fear of "courage and love." Aung San Suu Kyi, as Leo is a hero of the struggle against tyranny and only organized power corrupt. If the Lion effort to protect the innocent young Mathilde felt sympathy for this guy, no doubt, you can admire this courageous woman comforted her and her family to defend the entire nation of the dictatorship of the military regime.

My wife and I enjoyed the film. Paris theater was almost full at the end gives the impression that the spectators were satisfied A row in front of us was an elderly couple, the old man asked. "? Dear you wish, for the second time," Ms replied, "Sure, can you come and see it a third time?"
    watch here
    momomesh.ch
  2. Apr 23, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is a vivid and devastatingly heart breaking detail of Aung San Suu Kyi's years in captivity. A lot of critics attack it for not being a Luc Besson action film or more political when I think the Shakespearian conflict of family v country, of having to be away from her husband in his final hours has always intrigued me. If they reviewed the movie they saw and not the one in their head, I suspect it would have scored higher. I did not notice how long the film was.

One reviewer criticized the Nobel Prize scene which had her very intimate attempt to communicate with music and participate in her isolation.

1. Reviewed by: Liam Lacey
    Apr 26, 2012
    Contrast this to "The Iron Lady," a film which managed to be both obnoxiously condescending and flattering to the divisive British leader Margaret Thatcher, and left those of all political stripes irritated. The Lady, devoid of either iron or irony, is merely forgettable, a much deeper insult to its subject.
  2. Reviewed by: Adam Bernstein
    Apr 19, 2012
    In the final scene, the filmmakers nearly succeed in turning Suu Kyi into an Asian Eva Peron, down to the outspread arms, tossing an orchid to her worshippers.
  3. Reviewed by: Roger Ebert
    Apr 18, 2012
    The Lady is more professional but, for me, "They Call It Myanmar" is more useful. Lieberman answers questions that Besson does not think to ask.