6.2

1. Oct 15, 2010
    It was a very interesting movie with awesome acting and a great plot. Though lacking a little atmosphere and suspense, i'd say it's a good movie overall.
  2. Nov 29, 2010
    This was one of those movies that just plain didn't deliver. You know, the type where the characters are just plain irritating. Build up build up and then nothing. The stupidity of the girls that got them into trouble in the first place and the seemingly helplessness of the parents when dealing with the rapists crew. The whole damn movie was a waste of time. Right up there with Ishtar in my book. Best part of the movie was the revenge dished out at the end, pardon the pun. Expand
  3. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie was kind of out of left field to me. As somebody who never saw the original I was excepting this to be like "The Strangers" with Liv Tyler. This movie was nothing like that though. This movie is very in your face with a lot of horrible imagery. Everything from a girl being stabbed in the stomach to an outright rape. The movie does a great job of building the characters and the acting is solid with the exception of Paige (Martha McIsaac) and Sadie (Riki Lindhome). The thing that actually bothered me the most was the very last scene. The move had a very solid ending and it fades to black only to come back on a microwave and the villain. I'm not here to spoil it to you but it was one of the only useless moments that was only in the movie to pad running time and add gore. Overall this movie is pretty solid and well worth a watch. Expand
  4. Aug 12, 2011
    I really liked this movie. I know that the original is a cult classic, but I could never sit through the first half hour. For those that cannot stomach the original, this is a good alternate. Casting, plot, and set are well done.
  5. Aug 25, 2012
    This film surprised me in the fact that I wasn't bored by it. Still it wasn't the best thriller/horror remake I have ever seen but it is no where near the bottom either. The tension built through the film really well.
  6. Jun 22, 2013
    I haven't seen the original one but The last house on the left was not such a bad film. It had a good plot and the actors were good. It had suspense and violence. It was not like a good classic thriller but it was much better than other horror films these days.
  7. Nov 29, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie scarred me for life after the first 30 minutes. After the rape scene I knew for sure that this movie was a huge F U C K. I would advise everyone to buy this movie and then pour gas on it and burn it until it is nothing. Anyone who likes this movie should be castrated and shot in the dome. Oh and go die mikej Expand
  8. Feb 14, 2014
    An effective home invasion film which in my opinion is better than the first. However the content is brutal, sadistic, and at times difficult to watch. Iliadis really does create a heart pounding thriller worthy of being watched.

1. Reviewed by: Nick Pinkerton
    This new House tries to sustain a grave, heavy sense of threat. It fails, through its villainy.
  2. This remake is merely vile (and dull).
    The wheels fall off toward the end but, until that point, Illiadis does an excellent job of generating and maintaining an intense sense of dread.