The Last Temptation of Christ

1. Dec 2, 2012
    This film was good until Jesus got married then I said screw it. Being a christian and all I have to say I'm really displeased with Scorsese on this one. Maybe next time.
  2. Apr 5, 2012
    Good acting but I didn't really like times was a bit pointless and I think they were exploiting what could have been-or not- for they are not real basis, his relationship with Magdalene, so cliche! Quite honestly, not a movie I enjoyed, and couldn't finish watching. Yet, I understand that many love it. It has an artistic value for sure, but the storyline didn't interest me.

It's a lovely, measured and deeply earnest work. It balances a realistic view of first century Palestine against a sincere consideration of how an ordinary man might learn he is divine.
  2. despite such maladroit moments, The Last Temptation of Christ finally exerts enormous power. What emerges most memorably is its sense of absolute conviction, never more palpable than in the final fantasy sequence that removes Jesus from the cross and creates for him the life of an ordinary man.
  3. Powerful, haunting, and at times very moving, The Last Temptation of Christ presents its account of the events and conflicts of Christ's life with a depth of dramatized feeling and motivation that renders them freshly compelling.