Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: February 7, 2014
Universal acclaim based on 1260 Ratings
1,101
Watch Now
TV-TasticFeb 9, 2014
It is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This isIt is a rare event that I give a film a 10/10 rating but if there was ever a film that was more deserving in recent memory, I can't think of one. It is by far the best animated film I have ever seen and that includes ANY Pixar film. This is the first film I have seen in years in which the entire audience stood up and applauded when the credits rolled. The level of detail is absolutely phenomenal, right down to the tiny scratches in the ABS plastic, and, my favorite, the visible finger prints on the minifigures themselves. I came out of this film realizing that though cleverly marketed as a kid's film, this is a nostalgia film for X and Y Geners (is that a word? don't care, going with it...) and the tell was with 1980s spaceman. Anyone whoever had this minifigure (or a similar one with the space helmet) knew that within a month's time of taking that helmet off repeatedly the bottom of the helmet near the chin would split because it was so thin. This film immediate takes our generation back to a time when we were seven years-old. From the beginning, the story seems like nothing more than a rehash of Kung Fu Panda or The Matrix with the role of Po/Neo taken on by our very ordinary hero, Emmet. As the film progresses, it takes on the tone and plot of a million of other action film cliches but the visually stunning frenetic action combines with multiple clever pop-culture references allows you to forgive what seems like a generic story and just simply enjoy the awesome adventure that you and your kids are on. And make no mistake, this film was designed to be seen by families which just makes the experience that much more enjoyable. So am I saying that the overall experience of the film makes up for the weak story? Nope. In the last 20 minutes of the film there are live-action sequences that tie the whole story together and turn what was a generic and almost mediocre plot into one of the most brilliant pieces of story-telling I have ever seen in a family film. It was so cleverly done that I literally slapped myself in the forehead for being tricked like I was because the film drops not-so-subtle clues as to the big twist throughout the whole film. My only regret is that I didn't see it in 3D as this is one film that it is a moral imperative to see in 3D. Oh, well... I guess we'll just have to go see it again. Expand
GenuineOpinionFeb 11, 2014
I went into this movie thinking it would be a stupid, generic kids movie with corny humor. What I got was SO much more. I can't even express to you just how ashamed I was at my pessimism before going into that movie. When I came out of thatI went into this movie thinking it would be a stupid, generic kids movie with corny humor. What I got was SO much more. I can't even express to you just how ashamed I was at my pessimism before going into that movie. When I came out of that theater, I had laughed, I had cried, and I even had a few contemplative moments where I sat there to digest what I saw.
To top everything off, this was definitely a theater movie because of all the extreme action sequences.

100% worth the money to go, take anybody with you, I promise you won't be disappointed.
adhamhanyJul 7, 2014
When i first heard of this movie, i thought it was no more than an excuse to make money from a famous brand. I couldn't be more wrong.

The animation is super cool, the script and dialogue are amazingly funny and clever (i often laughed to the point of tears), and the voice acting did the script justice, particularly that of Will Arnett (as Batman), Nick Offerman (as Metal Beard), and Morgan Freeman (as Vitruvius). Even the theme song is great; it really sticks in one's head and makes you feel like you wanna sing along.

Not only is it hilarious, it actually has something to say and can be quite moving in some parts. This is a joyful film about believing in yourself, a critique of modern society, and a heartwarming tribute to human creativity.

It will definitely go down as one of the best movies this ear, if not the best.
TheQuietGamerJul 17, 2014
Quite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It'sQuite literally the perfect family movie. There's something here for anyone of any age. Normally I wouldn't say something like this, but if you can't find something to enjoy about this movie then there is something wrong with you. It's hilarious, heartwarming, and original. Just like the best Pixar movies it brings enough humor and excitement to enchant youngsters, while at the same time providing enough intelligence and an excellent message to satisfy older audiences. In a lot of ways it's the new Toy Story. It's the perfect family movie and an absolute must watch. Expand
Nikola8Feb 7, 2014
This movie is one of the surprise movies out there. I expected it to be just an advertising ploy. While there is plenty of highlighting Legos, nothing in the movie feels cheap or contrived. Instead, at the heart of the movie is something aThis movie is one of the surprise movies out there. I expected it to be just an advertising ploy. While there is plenty of highlighting Legos, nothing in the movie feels cheap or contrived. Instead, at the heart of the movie is something a lot of movies lack: heart. The movie is laugh out loud funny (for adults and kids), and there wasn't much in it that wasn't extremely enjoyable. I was honestly blown away - its not often a movie sneaks out of nowhere like this, but this is one of those rare gems. The LEGO Movie does justice to the source material, and has a plot inseparably connected to Legos (obviously), but the story stands on its own. It reminds me a lot of Toy Story 3, although it is completely different from it. All I can say is: GO SEE THIS MOVIE! Expand
Pauly-IraqVetFeb 8, 2014
Best animated movie I have ever seen, and I have seen a ton of them. Took my 6 year old son, he loved it - but I roared through the whole thing. Animation is amazing, but the story was so solid it really grabbed me. This is an absoluteBest animated movie I have ever seen, and I have seen a ton of them. Took my 6 year old son, he loved it - but I roared through the whole thing. Animation is amazing, but the story was so solid it really grabbed me. This is an absolute masterpiece. Expand
EssenceOfSugarFeb 20, 2014
I would consider it offensive if this was labelled simply as a '100 minute commercial'. It may be made involving a corporate franchise, but it is there to teach, not to sell.

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards

The LEGO Movie uniquely combines smart sharp satire towards examples like pop culture and consumerism, a charming voice cast voicing a whole array of interesting characters (if you look close enough, some of the characters parody the usual stock characters) and a morality tale. It not only subverts tropes, but also subverts expectations right until the end. It's difficult to see a film just once, especially when it contains so much humour and wit when mocking things left right and centre.

Everything I feel about this film is exciting. Animation can show itself to stand out in throwing out a non generic message involving politics, business and culture. The villain himself shows the audacity as a president to not only demonstrate his nefariousness, but impose his own ideologies with no room for creativity. Not only that, but the LEGO Movie also plays on the cliches of many outrageous tropes - how does it work out when a simple, ordinary construction worker is suddenly announced as the centre of the prophecy as 'the Special'? What happens when he encounters someone considered to be the 'manic pixie dream girl'? The split personality of the Good Cop Bad Cop is refreshing when it comes to two distinctively defined cops interrogating someone, and the gleeful decision made about Green Lantern after his film ultimately failed is dark but amusing.

However, when it comes to happy endings, even that doesn't remain the same. Even for the villain himself. It doesn't spit out the usual kind of messages - whether on the scale of the morality tale or the satire surrounding politics and the like.
normypFeb 20, 2014
Probably the best animated/children's film I've ever seen. It was so funny and the stop frame animation was sooo cool!! Even the credits were awesome! Go see this film!
Mab_987Feb 23, 2014
This is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a veryThis is the first movie of 2014 I've seen but I can already tell it'll be my favorite, even outside "kids'" movies. I can think of nothing about this movie that wasn't done absolutely perfect. It's got at least a laugh a minute with a very smart self-aware sense of humor. The characters are all likable & fun to watch, even the villains. Every voice actor does a fantastic job, which you wouldn't think with a cast so dominated by big names that'd make you think this would be a lame cash grab. And the twist at the end is nothing short of jaw-dropping, not just because of the twist itself (which those perceptive enough might see coming) but also because of what the plot does with that twist. Even if you're usually not a fan of kids' movies, this is a must-watch.

(For my full review, look up "Spin It Reviews" on YouTube. I'd appreciate it. And don't worry, no spoilers.)
AmazingKnightMar 22, 2014
The Lego Movie is the best movie of 2014 thus far. Not only did I think this movie was awesome but I have to say that this one of the best animated films made in a long time. Yes, I even enjoy this movie more over Frozen. If you haven't seenThe Lego Movie is the best movie of 2014 thus far. Not only did I think this movie was awesome but I have to say that this one of the best animated films made in a long time. Yes, I even enjoy this movie more over Frozen. If you haven't seen The Lego Movie yet, please do yourself a favor and at least give it a chance. You won't regret it because Everything is indeed AWESOME! Expand
talhalafciDec 20, 2014
Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!.

Since the positive reviews The LEGO Movie has been getting, I watched it with a very high expectancy but still, it was way much better than I expected.One of the most brilliant, hilarious and creative animated films ever. Dan Lin and Roy Lee's super-smart, imaginative screenplay turned into the most entertaining yet critically successful film of the year in the hands of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.Amazing voice-over performances especially by Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson.I haven't laughed and had fun like this for a while, Everything was Awesome!
ToffenuffJan 6, 2015
Awesomeness incarnate. Very well done movie, from the plot and direction to the visualization of it all. Talk about bringing Lego to life! 10/10 would watch again. Already have watched again, actually.
Annoymous1Mar 8, 2014
This movie is definetly my favorite movie of 2014 as its hilariously genius and just made me jaw hurt from great jokes, master plots, and more. SPACESHIP!
BradySmithJan 8, 2015
Wow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved theWow. This was way better than I was expecting. The animation was stunning, the whole thing, from the screenplay to the action, was full of invention and creativity, and it's actually pretty profound and original to boot. I loved the characters. They're funny, very well voiced, and overall, endearing. There's never a dull moment either. The beautifully animated action is often both witty and exciting at the same time. The ending, believe it or not, is extremely meta. It's actually as deep a meditation on the human imagination, alternate realities, and separate universes as anything you can find in The Matrix, Inception, or Interstellar. It's actually quite ambiguous too. There are quite a few possible explanations for what was actually happening, and I'm sure you'll have them bounding around through your head once you see it. This is as good as animated movies get and one of the best films of 2014 from any genre. Expand
ThegodfathersonFeb 7, 2014
Being an awesome ride with emotion that really stands out, The LEGO Movie is a fast-paced, quick-witted adventure that's also so endearing it makes one's heart swell.
mingsterJun 23, 2015
I didn't see this movie, but it seems like it would be great fun! I have three kids, so they will likely enjoy it as well. I guess I'll have to watch it online, as it's no longer in the theaters.
IDredManFeb 13, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This movie, I went to it as excited as can be. I find myself very lucky that my experience wasn't ruined by whiny smelly chatty gullible children, as there weren't any in the theatre.
Anyway, onto the movie. I'm gonna say this, this movie is probably one of the best of 2014. It was really awesome, loved all the characters, the dialogue and the interactions between them was lovely. The events were awesome and the pacing of the whole movie was astonishing. And the animating was pretty mind blowing for a Lego Movie.
But, here's the thing. This movie is, in hindsight, a 'Journey is better than the destination' case. But when watching it in the theatre, the ending kinda makes the events of the whole movie pointless. As none of it is real, and it's just Will Ferrell VS Will Ferrell's son. But it's still a good movie... And in some scenes, the combination of CGI and Stop-Motion kinda throws you off. Especially when the Stop-Motion-only bits are barely distinguishable from the CGI ones.
Back to the good stuff. The whole idea of this movie is awesome, and the implications, along with the truth behind those implications seem too mature for kids, makes me kinda wonder what the writers were also constrained to, due to the movie's PG rating.
Liam Neeson's performance (I'm not calling him Bad Cop, nope) was outstanding, and I'v never had as many feels for a factional character as this guy (Well, maybe Lee Everett).
Morgan Freeman (Not calling him Vitruvius, either) did his role pretty awesomely, too. But Morgan Freeman, as an actor gets a free pass, no matter what. He's still really really great in this movie.
Batman was also a nice character, a much needed change from the serious gritty dark Batman we're used to. And the Star Wars scene ...I literally started applauding right there.
This movie, didn't need to be 3D. It barely used it beside the part where Liam Neeson shoots the screen. I can't wait to see 3D just go.
Anyway, I'm going off topic here. This movie, as it's theme of 'unspecial' goes, is awesome!
I'd give it a 9.2 just because of the ending, but for lack of a fractional voting system on this site, I give it a deserving 10/10. There needs to be way more movies like this, movies that know what they are and make the best of it, not movies like Kick-Ass 2 or Man Of Steel that are simply trying too hard.
Movie1997Feb 7, 2014
This movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys!This movie ROCKS!! It freakin ROCKS!!! The first movie of this new year to wow and completely amaze me in animation and even comedy. That's one of the biggest strengths of this movie, it's absolutely hilarious! I'm not Bull-Sh*ting you guys! It's really hilarious! Trust me! The story is surprisingly clever and the pop culture references sparkle. And it's filled with an outstanding voice cast lead by Chris Pratt, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell, etc. I can go on and on, but let me cut to the chase. If you're a fan of lego's, YOU WILL ABSOLUTELY LAUGH YOUR BUTTS OFF AND LOVE THIS FRICKIN MOVIE. nuff said. This obviously deserves an A+!!!!!!!! Expand
JackValentineFeb 11, 2014
For a film that essentially exists to further promote a successful product, The Lego Movie is a pleasantly surprising, wonderfully uplifting, and far more touching film than I could have ever anticipated.

The story follows several

The story follows several characters voiced by the likes of Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman, as they journey through a vast world of Lego in order to stop Lord Business from ending the Lego Universe. And the world in which the story took place, was one that evoked so many fond memories.
In fact, I'd be extremely surprised if anyone left the theatre without feeling like a 10 year old again.
That's part of the beauty of the film. It puts you in a world where nothing, no matter how ridiculous or inconceivable is off limits.

While thinking about writing this, I was originally about to throw a 9 at this film, which is obviously still very good. But after some reflection, I can't think of why I would dock a point from the movie. There wasn't a single point in the film in which, I was upset or disappointed with any aspect. The film has a good flow to it, the characters are loveable, the humour is sensational and had me at times trying not to keel over in my seat. And as far as family oriented movies go, it's got what is by far one of the most heartwarming messages that I truly related to. It's just that good.

It was simply a joy to experience from start to finish, and if you think you're too old for Lego now - shut-up, get the car keys, and go to your local theatre and see it.

A 10 out of 10.

Jack Valentine
MemburgFeb 8, 2014
Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Expand
GreyMatter603Feb 9, 2014
An instant classic. Smart, Witty and one GIANT nostalgia bomb with great cameos and pop culture references. a must own for kids and parents who grew up building Legos.
joyalFeb 9, 2014
EVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,WillEVERYTHING IS AWESOME-yeah everything about in this film is really MIND BLOWING awesome moments ! ITS FULL OF FUN N LAUGH- NO MINUTE FOR LAGGING, EACH N EVERY SCENE OF THE FILM ENTERTAIN US! SUPERB VOICE CASTING LEAD BY ,Chris Pratt,Will Ferrell,Elizabeth Banks,Will Arnett, Liam Neeson N Morgan Freeman.! EXCELLENT BGM WORKS -I LOVE IT
DON'T MISS THIS FUN CRAZY,ROMANTIC,ACTION,ANIMATION FILM !!!!!!!!!!!!
philventerFeb 12, 2014
So first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it verySo first of all I was a little skeptical after hearing that a Lego movie was in the works. Then I learned that Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were writing and directing. That's when this movie got my attention. Now let me just make it very clear that I am a huge Lego fan and have been playing with it since I can remember.

I can with all the confidence in the world say, that this movie does NOT disappoint! Firstly the animation that's meant to look like stop motion looks phenomenal.It's hilarious and witty with great characters and for a story that's fairly formulaic, also has depth and emotion. Have to be honest, I kinda saw the twist coming but it's great nonetheless. The ending tugged my heartstrings much like Toy Story 3 did. All in all I walked out of the cinema, firstly singing "Everything is Awesome!" and secondly I checked it of my list as the best animation that I have seen.
MrEpic012Feb 17, 2014
Amazing Animation, A Steady Plot, Wonderful Characters, Pleasant Humor, Is What Makes The Lego Movie My Favourite Film Tied With The Avengers Well Done Warner Brothers And Phil Lord And Chris Miller.
ZombieWhosoeverFeb 7, 2014
Everything about this film seems to be flawless. The animation was astoundingly brilliant, the pop culture humor worked expertly well, the story was clever and heart warming, and the entire film was hilarious from its beginning to end withEverything about this film seems to be flawless. The animation was astoundingly brilliant, the pop culture humor worked expertly well, the story was clever and heart warming, and the entire film was hilarious from its beginning to end with lovable characters all around. The Lego Movie is the perfect film for children and adults of all ages. Expand
RevRonFeb 17, 2014
Everything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting isEverything IS awesome! The cheesy pop song that is the butt of numerous jokes in “The Lego Movie” also sums up the film perfectly. The animation is some of the most amazing melding of 3D and stop-motion I’ve ever seen, the voice acting is incredible and felt tailor made for the film, the film has the perfect blend of the funny stuff and the touching, heartwarming stuff and the story is a bright and shining example of true, unique creativity…plus, it’s all about the greatest toys ever created. So, it has that going for it as well. Expand
GodReviewsFeb 14, 2014
What a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendlyWhat a great first movie of the year! The Lego Movie offers a variety of entertainment of people of all ages. It is on par with Toy Story's story, characters, animation, and everything that had made those movies so great. It is a kid friendly movie, with some innuendos that only adults or teens would get. Everything was so pleasant from this movie and I left wishing I was watching a movie like this when I was a child. 10/10 MUST SEE Expand
Jack_SunshineJul 13, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. What we’ve got here is a fantastic film, which could genuinely be enjoyed by anyone. That might be an obvious thing to say, but The Lego Movie might be the closest we’ve come to the elusive story which explores realistic, down to earth problems while being completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots. And there are plenty of robots.

Ironically, for a film based on a lucrative product owned by a giant corporation, The Lego Movie appears to bite the hand that feeds it and actually deconstructs (here come the puns) the corporate world. Who cares if the film will probably make a killing in tie-in Lego sets and video games? At least they decided to tell a compelling and engaging story instead of just palming us off with a heartless cash-in or an overblown explosion-fest.

Similarly, it feels like it’s far too easy these days for film makers to knock out a bunch of cheap CGI movies every year, at the expense of the increasingly neglected but labour intensive art of stop-motion. It’s understandable why this route has been taken, and there are a few gems in the cascade, but outside of Pixar, CGI films are not something I routinely seek out.

Apparently 90% of The Lego Movie was CGI, and a little bit of stop motion, but apart from the facial expressions and fluid movements which would seriously push the limitations of a plastic Lego man, you could easily have convinced me that it was the other way around. Everything looks like it’s made from Lego, even the oceans and the explosions.

It’s both sobering to have reached a point where the two become almost indistinguishable and satisfying to see CGI being used to make a great film which works as both a satire of modern consumerism and an exploration of that age-old Lego dilemma: should one build according to the instructions, or just smash everything into a big pile and build whatever.

Our main man is Emmett (Chris Pratt), your generic Lego man, right down to his classic Lego smiley face. He’s a construction worker living in a huge Lego city, who has very few ideas of his own. He follows his instructions, smiles and waves to everyone he meets, pays through the nose for coffee on the way to work and does whatever the vaguely Orwellian government says is the right thing to do.

In a typical narrative fashion, events kick off after a chance encounter with funky punk girl Wildstyle (Elizabeth Banks) who is a member of the resistance. Emmett is dragged along for the ride and passes through the masquerade, leaving the regulated order of the big city and discovering the crazy and colourful potential of Lego in the world of the master builders, exiled lords of creative construction who believe Emmett to be the chosen one to bring balance to the force and end the days of instruction-based oppression. The trouble is he’s never had an original thought in his life.

The film is rounded out with a great cast of characters and some cracking cameos, both showcasing some solid vocal talent. The enemy and instigator of the repressive order is a suitably zany Will Ferrell hamming it up as the Lego universe’s ‘President Business’ who is assisted by the conflicted split-personality of his chief enforcer Good Cop/Bad Cop. voiced by Liam Neeson at his Irish tough guy best.

With a wry nod to his frequent typecasting, Morgan Freeman plays a wise old sage and among the cameos are Jonah Hill and Channing Tatum (from directors Phil Lord and Christopher Miller’s other movie of the moment, 22 Jump Street).

The film really embodies the spirit of Lego, and as such is a huge nostalgia trip for anyone who’s ever encountered the stuff. Once they leave the city, the characters traverse the length and breadth of the Lego-verse, making their way through the many themes Lego has released over the years, providing settings as diverse as western, medieval and pirate.

There are some tender and serious moments, but most of it is a merciless but affectionate parody of whatever transpires, be it city life, epic destiny, overblown villainy or blockbuster action. Everything’s funny and a little wacky, riding easily and successfully on the inherent humour that comes with having everything made out of Lego.

There are even nods to unpopular, ill-conceived, or just plain random Lego themes, and references small and large to various other franchise tie-ins (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Superheroes, etc.) showcasing the kind of mad-cap crossovers you can cook up when you have the licence. By this token, Batman himself (Will Arnett) along with a character from the classic 1980s Space theme (Charlie Day) are major players in the plot.

The ending, which I won’t spoil, does get a little schmaltzy, but it’s forgivable. Otherwise, nothing disappoints, and everything one might want or expect from a Lego movie is delivered in spades. Oh yes, and I managed to get through an entire review of this film without using the word ‘awesome’. Dang. Good soundtrack, though.
KingWhirlWindMar 5, 2014
The trailer I watched was lame. This movie wasn't, far from it. The more I think of it, I really want to see this again. A great movie with great jokes, actors and animation. It may look like a child's movie, but I can say, I enjoyed everyThe trailer I watched was lame. This movie wasn't, far from it. The more I think of it, I really want to see this again. A great movie with great jokes, actors and animation. It may look like a child's movie, but I can say, I enjoyed every last bit of this awesomeness. Do recommend. Expand
sneezerdocFeb 9, 2014
This movie was so much fun because it was so funny. The good/ Cop bad routine was a riot. Will Farrell was at his best in this movie! He should do more kid movies!!!!!
cag11Feb 16, 2014
I have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. ItI have always loved LEGO, and I was looking forwards to seeing it no matter how bad it was. I even had a huge grin on my face all throughout the movie. It was funny, awesome, and had everything made with LEGO, even the animated explosions. It showed you can build anything with LEGO. Plus the ending warmed my heart like anything else. Easily the best movie of 2014, so far. Expand
ThatCooperGuySep 24, 2015
"The LEGO Movie" is the best commercial ever made. The animation style is genius, the voice acting is perfect, plus the ending & the message are both brilliant. The more I re-watch it, the better it gets.
francisrgoFeb 8, 2014
The movie was very enjoyable not just for kids but for all ages. It was sweet and has a great message. The movie was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. The story was original and refreshing, the characters are well developed andThe movie was very enjoyable not just for kids but for all ages. It was sweet and has a great message. The movie was so hilarious I couldn't stop laughing. The story was original and refreshing, the characters are well developed and relatable. A definite must see movie of the year so far! Expand
FreedomFightersFeb 12, 2017
I'll be honest, when I first heard that a Lego movie was coming out, I wasn't too confident that it would be very good. Blame it on the fact that I didn't really play with Legos as a kid (most of my Lego experience came from video games), butI'll be honest, when I first heard that a Lego movie was coming out, I wasn't too confident that it would be very good. Blame it on the fact that I didn't really play with Legos as a kid (most of my Lego experience came from video games), but I thought it would just be an exercise in exploiting a brand name for easy money. Then I saw the movie, and I was absolutely wowed. Beyond the beautiful animation and great voice acting, the film is heartwarming, exciting, absolutely hilarious, and crazily enough, magnificently written all-around. I wasn't sure how I felt when I heard that they were making a gigantic franchise out of this, but let me tell you guys: after watching the movie, this absolutely NEEDS a franchise. There's so many directions you can go in, but also, if those sequels and new films are at least half as good as this film, they will be amazing. I'm telling you guys, if you haven't already, check out "The Lego Movie," because "Everything is Awesome" in this film. Expand
TheCoolGuy99Feb 7, 2014
Undeniably one of the best animations of 2014 yet, The Lego Movie uses numerous plot twists, pop culture references, satirical jokes, and charming characters, it is the movie that can be tied with PIxar's Toy Story. Every kid who plays LegoUndeniably one of the best animations of 2014 yet, The Lego Movie uses numerous plot twists, pop culture references, satirical jokes, and charming characters, it is the movie that can be tied with PIxar's Toy Story. Every kid who plays Lego toys will surely enjoy this entertainment full length CGi movie, and it can also delight adults and older teenagers.

It's box office performance will surely rose higher than Toy Story and can become a mega hit blockbuster because The Lego Movie is a funny comic relief like Disney's Frozen intended to become.
victorhjklFeb 9, 2014
This movie is great,, the animation is amazing, the story is fantastic, and it surprises you a lot, and the movie is full of intelligent jokes I think this movie will be a greatest movies of 2014.
ardania22Apr 20, 2014
Another prime example of how "kid's movie" need not mean "bland". Incredibly imaginative, superbly funny, and epic in scale, this movie will make you want to be eight years old again just so you can have an excuse to watch this movie over andAnother prime example of how "kid's movie" need not mean "bland". Incredibly imaginative, superbly funny, and epic in scale, this movie will make you want to be eight years old again just so you can have an excuse to watch this movie over and over again Expand
CerealMonsterFeb 18, 2014
A movie that manages to stand straight against Pixar and still looks awesome. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME, EVERYTHING IS AWESOME
Jman88sFeb 23, 2014
Expecting one of those LEGO ninjago or LEGO movies that didn't make it to theaters? Well, don't... because those movies were terrible compared to this lovely movie! Features many characters from LEGO sets as master builders. Jokes just keepExpecting one of those LEGO ninjago or LEGO movies that didn't make it to theaters? Well, don't... because those movies were terrible compared to this lovely movie! Features many characters from LEGO sets as master builders. Jokes just keep on flying by.

Not tempted? Then here's another reason: It has Morgan Freeman and Will Ferrell.
Leo9127Mar 9, 2014
Wow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great badWow! I did not expect The Lego Movie to be so good, but it was hilarious, and everything is, as the song says, awesome, Liam Nesson was great, Morgan Freeman was great, and Will Arnett was perfect as Batman, also Will Ferell was a great bad guy, and the ending is just genius. Expand
awesomesaucyFeb 26, 2014
You have to see it to understand why it's 10/10 material. The characters seem a little cliche at first, but the filmmakers really build on that in a comedic way. Not like the usual role reversals, but more like what you definitely would notYou have to see it to understand why it's 10/10 material. The characters seem a little cliche at first, but the filmmakers really build on that in a comedic way. Not like the usual role reversals, but more like what you definitely would not expect from these characters until halfway in. Expand
CECtheRoninFeb 8, 2014
The LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and funThe LEGO Movie took me completely by surprise and blew my socks off. By all rights, it had no right to be good, as it seemed like a complete complete cosh cow movie. But somehow, it turned out to be the one of the most imaginative and fun movies for the whole family that takes a twist into straight up meta commentary by the end. The big thing that makes the movie run so well, apart from the really fast comedy coming at you most of the time, comes from the fact that it is, in fact, a LEGO movie, thus everything is based around LEGO physics, motion, and logic. This leads to a lot of jokes and clever use of the set pieces, which I mean quite literally. Honestly, I don’t think the movie would have worked if it took itself completely seriously, but since the plot runs on complete irony, that’s not a problem. Oh, and the acting is superb too, including Charlie Day, who I never would have recognized were it not for the credits. I’m not sure if anyone who hasn’t played with LEGOs or had a kid who did so would enjoy this movie as much apart from the subtle adult jokes that would slip past the kids, but maybe they could. It’s one of the most upbeat, charming, grin-inducing movies that I’ve seen in a while and I think it deserves a watch. Go out and feel like a kid again. Expand
LienooneFeb 10, 2014
Without a doubt one of the best movies of the year, a must see, not just for Lego fans. It will surprise you how great, or how "awesome" everything about this movie is, and how fun the movie is, I laughed a lot, and its just a great story,Without a doubt one of the best movies of the year, a must see, not just for Lego fans. It will surprise you how great, or how "awesome" everything about this movie is, and how fun the movie is, I laughed a lot, and its just a great story, with a so many awesome great characters which you will remember for a long time!
Watch it, the Lego movie wont disappoint !! A must see !
KennyTWDFeb 8, 2014
Easily the best movie of 2014, The lego movie offers fresh animation, awesome puns and many famous actors such as Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman... I recommend this movie for immediate watch.
Bojack99Feb 7, 2014
I just saw the lego movie and you would LOVE it. When I was at the theaters I saw other adults laughing so hard just like me. If you are going to the movies to watch some thing else just change your mine and get tickets for the lego movie, trust me.
reyorey503Feb 7, 2014
loved it who doesn't like legos your never too old to still like legos when i was at theaters there was mostly grown people then kids. In my opinion its the BEST MOVIE THAT EVER ASSEMBLED!
dave92Feb 8, 2014
Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!Awesome!!!
SweetDeeNMFeb 8, 2014
I absolutely loved this movie! It was hilarious, heartwarming and absolutely stunning all at the same time. It was a hit with both the adults and the kids, who immediately sang "Everything is Awesome" the whole way home. And it isI absolutely loved this movie! It was hilarious, heartwarming and absolutely stunning all at the same time. It was a hit with both the adults and the kids, who immediately sang "Everything is Awesome" the whole way home. And it is absolutely worth the money to see in 3D. Expand
ZyberFeb 9, 2014
Everything is awesome!! Especially in this film. Being a big kid and a fan of Lego, I knew this was a film I was likely to enjoy. However, growing up with films like toy story and seeing how it was directed at an older audience in the 3rdEverything is awesome!! Especially in this film. Being a big kid and a fan of Lego, I knew this was a film I was likely to enjoy. However, growing up with films like toy story and seeing how it was directed at an older audience in the 3rd film, I was concern it might be directed more at children than at an older audience.

What I found instead is that comedy is timeless. Audiences of all ages can appreciate the film and there are emotional moments that really tug on your heart strings. The voice acting was superb and the films animation was great, although the shots of the ocean slightly were juddery if I'm honest.

The film is a lot of fun and I'd be surprised if you didn't come out of the film wanted to re-captor those childhood moments and buy some Lego.
ApottzyFeb 9, 2014
This was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behindThis was an all-around great family film. The story was engaging and comical, but had some really epic serious moments as well that were placed in between the comedic parts very well. The animations were on a whole new level, the crew behind it really deserves a big pat on the back. I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, and I will most definitely will be going to see this again while in theaters. Expand
bewareofthecowFeb 10, 2014
The most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is soThe most anti-establishment kids movie I've ever seen. This movie plays like the matrix for kids. On surface level it seems silly, irrelevant and nostalgic; but under the surface lies a power message to disrupt the status quo. There is so much humour in this film I had tears in my eyes, who knows how much I missed. Definitely the best 'animated' film since ToyStory 3. Expand
jajajajajajajajFeb 16, 2014
Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship!Spaceship!Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship! Spaceship!
ChiefmonFeb 16, 2014
This movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the bestThis movie has potential to be the movie of the year. It manages to appeal to both children and adults, with rapid fire humor, one liners, well done action sequences, and several carefully intertwined themes, this movie is one of the best I've ever seen. I expected little more than a 2 hour Lego commercial, but got 2 hours of action, humor, and meta awareness. Expand
MrGingerGeekFeb 17, 2014
This film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults willThis film is absolutely fantastic. It's quite similar to The Simpsons in the way that if you watch it as a child, you'll love it, but if you watch it as an adult, you'll love it even more as there is some bits of humor that only adults will understand.
This film is a must see.
MovieReviewsMay 23, 2014
The LEGO Movie is not only one of the greatest animated movies ever made, but it is one of the most original movies ever made. It is heart warming, action packed 100 minutes of epicnessss!!! If you are looking for an animated movie withThe LEGO Movie is not only one of the greatest animated movies ever made, but it is one of the most original movies ever made. It is heart warming, action packed 100 minutes of epicnessss!!! If you are looking for an animated movie with endless creativity, colors and even character development, The LEGO Movie is the one, also it is my favorite movie of the year!!!! A must see!!!! Expand
hippoguy17Feb 26, 2014
The Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the BatmanThe Lego company is going to sell an extra 10 tons of Legos. It was a very funny movie and I usually don't like movies with Will Ferrell in it. My favorite movie was Batman Lego. How funny and even more human that the actors in the Batman movies. A good plot with good action. I am too old to have had Legos but I had the earlier version called Building Blocks. I admit that I mostly used them as soldiers playing war. This movie like the Shrek dynasty, is fine for any age. I never believe it when the ads say that but this is true. Expand
gabrielgarcez31Mar 5, 2014
An amazing movie, it has charismatics characters, the story is well-told and very funny as well, the movie is worth to watch because besides being very exciting it is very funny too. I recommend for all people not only the children.
CherryxldNov 23, 2014
The LEGO Movie es una película que contiene una buena incorporación de elementos al azar que cuando se mezclan, el resultado es una buena película de animación.
rklemMar 18, 2014
Being that I grew up building legos as a kid and having a much younger brother who enjoys it as well I was very excited for this movie. The overall production of this was incredible and this was the lego movie I always dreamed of. Also kudosBeing that I grew up building legos as a kid and having a much younger brother who enjoys it as well I was very excited for this movie. The overall production of this was incredible and this was the lego movie I always dreamed of. Also kudos to Will Ferrell on an incredible performance as well as the rest of the cast. The movie was pretty deep and thought provoking for an older audience and all around fun for a younger audience. This, in my opinion, is as perfect as a movie can get. Expand
jake000116Mar 21, 2014
Just amazing!, the humour is meant for both adults and children, very good storyline, kept my laughing throughout the film! would happily buy this on dvd when it comes out :)
DrewtheDude85May 28, 2015
I absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire andI absolutely loved The Lego Movie! This is a very creative and very fun movie with a witty story and really good humor. I liked the animation style in this where everything was Lego including not just structures but like water and fire and things like that which was so creative. I also love how the animation is shown to look like it's stop motion which was very unique and I actually prefer how the animations shows those limitations with how Lego Mini Figures move over how they smoothly move in like a cut-scene of a Traveler's Tales Lego game. I also love the characters in this movie and the cameos they make, it was so fun seeing different Lego properties come together in this movie. The plot does have some simplicity to it, but it's still a fun plot and is actually not to be taken that seriously, but in a good way. Overall, I loved The Lego Movie. I remember seeing trailers and stuff for this movie back in late 2013 and at most expecting this film to be just good like nothing special but nothing too bad, but I barely expected to fall in love with this film. This film's amazing and one of my favorite films of the year. Go see this movie, this film is excellent, it has some big laughs and it's a whole lot of fun and I think anyone can enjoy this film whether they are a kid or even an adult! Expand
Moviesguy23Mar 31, 2014
Funny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. FromFunny movie, great story, awesome characters, and it somehow found a non-goofy way to stick some sad scenes - that undeniably work - in a children's film. You will laugh, you will be on the edge of your seat, and some tears will be shed. From the colorful cast to the almost deadpan humor, this movie is amazing in every single way. Expand
IMAX500Apr 30, 2014
This Movie Is Soooooo Entertaining. All the People in the film were so Funny. Will Ferrell had a good voice as president Business. This movie had a funny script, Great Comedy Actors, And an good plot. Good Job, Phil Lord and Chris Miller!!
DoctorTorchwoodApr 20, 2014
Awesome movie. It's funny and has a great story. I thoroughly loved it. This movie is definitely for everyone. All the characters work well together and it's just a fantastic film overall.
VuksterApr 27, 2014
Everything about this movie is completely awesome!! Definitely an Academy Award winner for next years oscars!!!! Everything Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
legit_khajiitApr 21, 2014
Easily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicingEasily the greatest animated film since Toy Story 3, and best movie I've seen all year, and all of last year. A gag-a-minute style with lots of heart, and great narrative, with a good twist. A star-brick-studded cast with great voicing promises one of the best movies ever made. Expand
arsheeshJun 1, 2014
i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
i have only one word to say about this film: AWESOME!!
awesome story, awesome jokes, awesome actors, and awesome visuals and animation, this film is easily one of the year's best. trust me, once you're done watching this film, all you'll say is: "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!!"
falconfilmsJun 14, 2014
I am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. II am actually surprised that many people were bored by this movie. I found it quite entertaining and cute, with the kind of theme and plot to be expected from a movie made by LEGO ®. The characters were adorable and oozed inner strength. I would recommend it to anyone who was looking for an entertaining and funny family film. Expand
NickarasJun 23, 2014
It's just LEGO, everything related with Lego is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome! Everything is awesome!( i wrote it so as to fill the characters).
jacob4May 27, 2015
Who knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how muchWho knew that the director of 21 and 22 Jump Street could make a popular toy look so awesome?! Filled with clever and awesome animation, an all-star cast, quirky humor, and cameos of many Lego figurines you recognize from sets, how much better can it get. Though clichéd and some what childish there's still some fun for everyone to enjoy. An awesome family film with a heart tugging message, laughs for everyone, and a catchy awesome song. An awesome must see and one of the best animated movies not by Disney, Pixar, or DreamWorks.

P.S. Epic Lloyd and Nice Peter made an even awesome parody of the main theme in Screen Junkies Honest Trailer for "The Lego Commercial", check out the video on YouTube!
CactusReviewsJun 24, 2014
One of the best PG movies of 2014. And MORGAN FREEMAN IS IN IT. The animation is nice and they try to include a lot of humor too. Most young children will probably really enjoy it.
NateNixonJun 29, 2014
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. WOW! Amazing movie, 'The LEGO Movie' is one of the biggest surprises of this year.
I need to confess that when this movie was announced, I think in a biggest disaster, but when the first reviews appeared I start to think positive about 'The LEGO Movie', and finally when I watch the movie, WOW, I left satisfied, because the result is spectacular.
The story is very smart, has elements that make it attractive for children an adults, but the little problem is that at times is boring.
The music is really awesome, the main theme, ''Everything is Awesome'', wow, so addictive hahaha. And the most impressive part of this movie is the animation, create all the film (or the 99% part of the movie) with legos, AMAZING.
All the characters, the story, the music, the development of the trama and the characters, the animation, the script, and the cameos make this a great movie.
cwepahguy225Jul 5, 2014
Best movie of 2014. Had a fair amount of Hollywood stars, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, WIll Ferrell. I enjoyed the storyline and thought that it was funny and awesome. 10/10, I definitely recommend it.
Zak21Jul 15, 2014
There are a few of movies that actually give me the chills by the end. This was one of them. The storyline was absolutely amazing, it was extremely comedic, and well made. Incredibly animated. This movie is awesome. :)
OpinionatedGuyAug 19, 2014
If I have to give a three-word review for this movie, it’s EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!

The LEGO Movie is probably one of the best movies of 2014 as well THE BEST animated movie of 2014 so far. It’s like a roller coaster that only goes up. (Thumbs up to you if you get this reference ;)

The animation of this movie is perfect. The combination of CGI and stop-motion was very well done in execution even in the smallest detail. This is one of those few movies you should watch in 3D. It’s worth having a headache to have LEGO bricks thrown at you from the screen.

Another great thing about this movie is the humor. It’s something the adults will laugh over without being too childish that the kids will only laugh at. And I love the meta-humor in this movie too. That’s the best part of the humor of the movie.

The plot and the script was very clever and smartly-written for a kids movie and it does not isolate the adults who are watching the movie. The character development was also great and I relate to Emmet very much. It’s not just understanding him but relating to him so much.

This movie had a huge A-list voice cast and they did a excellent job voicing the characters. The actors I am impressed who voiced their roles the most were Will Arnet as Batman, Nick Offerman as Metal Beard and Liam Nesson as Bad Cop/Good Cop. Look up at their B-rolls on YouTube including the actors I didn’t mention because wow, the voice acting is so brilliant. You will also be amazed by the cameos of this movie if you can recognize the voice actors who voiced their cameo roles.

The themes this movie wanted to delivered is heartwarming that adults and kids can get the message from this movie right away without being too campy.

Overall, I see nothing wrong with this movie. I want to watch it again. I love it and everything is awesome!
PipePanicJul 29, 2014
This is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you goThis is the Lego movie that everyone was hoping fo...no the kids movie we have been waiting for. Unless you liked Clutch Powers. Then you go watch it again. Alone. While we watch funny jokes, great animation and Will Ferrell. But you go watch... whatever that was... Expand
Sketch987Sep 18, 2014
In my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive itIn my opinion the sole purpose of movies is to be entertaining, so I judge TV shows and movies on that sole criteria. From start to finish the LEGO Movie was thoroughly original, funny and enjoyable in every way, and even more impressive it succeeded in not only being great fun to watch for me and my wife, but our teenaged daughter and pre-teen son as well. I don't see how any movie can do better than that, so I'm giving it 10 out of 10. Without a doubt, everything is awesome. Expand
Deadlock364Oct 12, 2014
"EVERYTHING IS AWESOME" Including this movie and the Spaceship Guy.....Spaceship!..................................................................................................
Tracstarr14Oct 29, 2014
Best animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movieBest animated film I have seen in a long time. Super catchy theme song and great for kids!! Will Ferrell and Morgan Freeman are amazing actors and this movie has all the best superheroes in it.!! To top it all off everything in the movie is made of LEGOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Expand
joshua11Jan 9, 2015
One of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickestOne of my most favorite kids movie, surprisingly more than my mom, and entertained me a lot because of the lego settings, and waas probally the best movie of 2014. Also the stop motion animation with legos was top notch, and was the quickest movie to get started 10/10. Expand
delta6655Jan 23, 2015
while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down,while this film does have its flaws, it was able to do something i have not had a movie ever do to me, it made me forget i was watching a movie. for a good while, i felt like i had some friends over when i was younger and we all sat down, with our custom Lego mini figure, usually one from star wars, and making our own adventure. in recent years most movies have been cookie cutter characters and cookie cutter story. this one said screw that ill do my own thing. its not perfect, most flaws people point out are valid. but any one who gives this below a 7 is not being honest. this is one great family movie. and i cant wait to watch it again. Expand
DoubleOscarFeb 18, 2015
An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me,An extremely clever, surprisingly touching take on everyone's favorite childhood toy. The Lego Movie is a breath of fresh air for animation. From start to finish, this movie had me intrigued, almost all of the jokes landed perfectly with me, and the story was delightful throughout. This movie is much more than just a kid's movie and I highly recommend seeing it for anyone who enjoys whip-smart comedy and brilliant fast-paced action. Expand
BV-SwiftyApr 20, 2015
This movie was just plain awesome! The animation was top-notch, it had a fantastic cast of characters, and it's just so flipping funny! This movie just wants me to play with legos again and this has to be one of my favorite animated movies ever!
idanidan123Mar 5, 2015
This is the best animated movie since Toy Story 3. The jokes, the writing, the message, the production, basically every scene is awesome in this movie !
Must watch movie !!!
JohnnyTestSuxMay 3, 2015
@JonDoc
it was cgi. Look it up. the just made it look like stop motion. next time you rant on a movie, make sure you dont make that mistake or your gonna have a bad time
LatingamerAug 19, 2015
The Lego Movie has good voice acting, all actors were good at their roles,plenty of heart , and enjoyment. EVERYTHING IS AWESOME! It sends a heartwarming message.Worth buying on blu ray.
nahtan1244Feb 27, 2016
One of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all.One of the best animated movie of 2014 and one of the best animated films to date. A impeccably voice cast with a really good story with lots of action that barely stops to take a breath. So many movie references it's tough to count them all. This movie aside from a couple of unnecessary butt jokes, Don't worry it's not much at all is incredibly entertaining and funny. The theme song is catchy and has a great message for all ages. Expand
PlayStationAdamNov 24, 2016
One of the best films I've ever seen! The detail of animation and the scale of so many completely Lego structures is astounding and great to imagine in real life. Would definitely recommend this for anyone!
KingofdanerdsNov 29, 2016
Everything about this movie was great! Really like all the actors/actresses who all played the main characters. Storyline is top notch and I really have nothing bad to say about this movie. 10/10.
SomePersonaJan 29, 2017
This is how to put product placement in a movie while keeping it very strong. The voice acting is excellent, and the animation is quite stunning (it looks like stop motion!). This is easily one of the best animated movies of all time.
kristen58Feb 24, 2014
This movie was super cute and super funny. Entertaining for adults and children alike. Any adult that had a fondness for Legos as a kid would love this. Writing is very witty and funny, laughs the whole time. So many clever things theyThis movie was super cute and super funny. Entertaining for adults and children alike. Any adult that had a fondness for Legos as a kid would love this. Writing is very witty and funny, laughs the whole time. So many clever things they thought to incorporate. The only criticism I have is that while the twist at the end was a fun surprise, it made it seem a little anticlimactic. Expand
SchroederRockJun 26, 2014
I had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast thatI had zero ambition to watch this movie but my nephew wanted the family to watch it with him bad enough that we just went ahead and put it on. The Lego Movie turned out to be surprisingly funny and charming, with a voice acting cast that features some great names to help bring Lego toys to life (not dissimilar to Toy Story). What I didn't see coming was the ending. Without spoiling it all I'll just saw that it's heart warming but also carries an incredible message that sits well in todays society of busy bodies and distant families. Typically I don't enjoy many animated movies outside of the Pixar universe yet The Lego Movie managed to be one of the best movies I've seen in the last year. Kids will love it, but adults that can appreciate light-hearted humor (and the occasional more mature joke that geos over the heads of children) will love this movie just as much. Expand
jedbeetleMar 3, 2014
I expected great things from the Lego Movie - they hold use rights for many-a-franchise, they have a lot of creative horsepower behind them, and the Lego games are many and successful.
The movie surpassed my expectations, delivering a
The movie surpassed my expectations, delivering a hilarious, joyful, and surprisingly meaningful romp through a child's playland on par with Pixar's finest works.
Though the movie seems not to take itself too seriously, and in fact seems to encourage the viewer not to take it, or anything, too seriously, it slows down at just the right moments to deliver just a little more than your average kid's movie.
KranitokoFeb 8, 2014
I've been excited for this film since it was announced, and I am hugely pleased to say it did not disappoint; I left the cinema with a huge smile on my face.

What the Lego Movie does well is take something so simple and builds it into a

What the Lego Movie does well is take something so simple and builds it into a true work of art, making huge disaster scenes seem charming and funny and making dark disturbing scenes bearable and child friendly.

The last act of the film is... well that's something truly special.

This. Film. Is. Awesome!
LJHayesFeb 20, 2014
In terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot ofIn terms of animated films that cater for young and old audiences this film is up there with Finding Nemo and Toy Story. It's imaginative, original and extremely funny. The story and characters are purposefully cliche which leads to a lot of parody of itself and other aspects of pop culture and visually it is a colourful creative joy. All of this is complimented by the fantastic cast of voice actors (Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Will Ferrell) that bring a suprising life to the characters themselves. If you want an idea of the humour then it's either a child friendly version of Family Guy or a mature version of Spongebob. Somewhere in between those two. Either way its inclusive and entertaining.
The only way someone could not enjoy this film to some degree is if they were consciously trying to dislike it and even then it would be a challenge. Also the soundtrack will likely be stuck in your head for at least two weeks afterwards.
jack977Jul 21, 2014
Despite the fact that it's characters and storyline are carefully derived from Pixar classics (not necessarily a bad thing), Lego is an extremely entertaining film with an infectiously playful attitude suitable for all ages (especially adults).
AwesomeReviewerFeb 8, 2014
"The Lego Movie" is one of the most frantic movies I have ever seen, but also one of the most creative and funny. It is filled with charm, intelligent humor, and more importantly heart.

The writing is incredibly strong. There are a lot if

The writing is incredibly strong. There are a lot if play on words and unpredictable moments that really surprise the viewers. I love the themes about conformity and being special. It’s quit unique as it says that anyone can be special regardless of their creativity or need to be different.

The characters Vitruvious, Lucy, Batman, and Lord Business are all great. Their voice actors do a great job and they deliver their jokes perfectly. Emmet is the main character and probably the best because he is so relatable and a very atypical hero. There isn’t anything really special about him, but he’s a great every man and Chris Pratt brings the right amount of humanity and charm to the role.

The animation is beautiful and incredibly creative. There are a lot of great sight gags and visual effects. I really lije the stop motion look the movie achieves even though the first few minutes are jarring.

Overall, “Everything is Awesome” and this a beautifully crafted and intelligently written film that packs the right amount of humor and heart. The animation is great and incredibly creative. I really like this film and I highly recommend it. I give is 4.5/5
MattyiceFeb 21, 2014
Being a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultraBeing a monstrous Lego fan/builder as a child, when I heard this movie was announced and I heard that the brilliant Chris Miller and Phil Lord were directing it, I was so pumped up. After seeing the movie get critical acclaim, I had ultra high expectations before watching it. I was not disappointed at all. This movie was great from the acting, to the gorgeous settings. The story was very touching at points and teaches both kids and adults many life lessons. However, timing was a bit of an issue, as the movie did not spend enough time on certain events and spent too much time on some. Other than that, I liked this movie a lot and this film really made me want to take my old legos and be a kid again. Expand
HadrianusFeb 10, 2014
I got to say that there is a couple of great directors. They advanced the world of stop motion in directing. This movie entered almost perfectly to the world of the stop-motion with the entire Lego world at the first try! The screenplay hadI got to say that there is a couple of great directors. They advanced the world of stop motion in directing. This movie entered almost perfectly to the world of the stop-motion with the entire Lego world at the first try! The screenplay had small mistakes, but the jokes were awesome. Expand
Gamed2longFeb 16, 2014
If you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for youIf you are a kid, this movie contains a valuable lesson you must learn. If you are an adult who played with lego as a kid you will also enjoy yourself with this film. At the start it hints that it is going to be too children's cartoon for you to enjoy. But then it quickly develops in to something both adults and kids can take pleasure from.
The concepts are kept simple enough for children to follow. But simple isn't bad. And there are more than enough in-jokes to keep adults laughing out loud for quite a while.

Will Farrell plays his part terrifically. Much like Arnold Schwarzenegger in the Conan films, he finds just the right balance to make it work. Its serious enough to be believable but relaxed enough it doesn't feel out of place. And considering he has actual face time in a movie 95% CG plastic lego men, it would be so easy to break consistency there.

I have two criticisms of the film. Firstly I though there should be more "Middle Zealand."
Also as I write this I have the "everything is awesome" song stuck in my head. When you hear it you'll understand.