8.9

1. Apr 3, 2012
    Con efectso especiales del mejor nivel, con actuaciones merecedoras de Oscar, con una historia simplemente fantastica y con una perfecta direccion de Peter Jackson , The Fellowship of the Rings logra establecer espectativa a lo que seria la mejor trilogia de todos los timepos.
  2. Apr 1, 2012
    I'm coming to rate this movie because I remember when I first saw it in theaters years ago it is the only time while in a movie ever that I wished it wasn't over. It was enthralling and the film is just absolutely incredible. I cannot think of any movie since that I felt that way. Amazing story, great action, lots of different creatures... everything feels so real. You must see this!
  3. Mar 26, 2012
    An absolute masterpiece like no other. Peter Jackson has created something of pure brillance. It is brillantly executed, with powerful music, and a story that truly wonderful. Just think this is only the beginning.
  4. Mar 15, 2012
    probably one of the best fantasy movies out there,with epic effects,a well made story and the movie followed the book well(although they did leave one epic scene out).The music added to the move was brilliant and perfectly matched with the film.Overall 10/10
  5. Feb 12, 2012
    this is one of the best films ever, i love the storyline, the action sequences, the coolness, everything about it, it doesn't have any faults really.
  6. Feb 11, 2012
    A epic adventure masterpiece. I had to watch several times to understand some of the dialogue but when I do understand, it is wonderful well done. I have never read the books but when I was in a bookstore, soon after viewing the movie at the cinemas, I bought the novel.
  7. Feb 8, 2012
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Simply put: One of the greatest movies of all time, and an even better start to the cinematic epic that is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Amazing visual effects, a gripping story, full of emotion, and a fantastic performance by Ian McKellen as Gandalf, the Fellowship of the Ring is a great open for J.R.R Tolkien's world of Middle Earth. Yes, Tom Bombadil was left out, but when doing adaptations sacrifices must be made, and even though the inclusion of Bombadil would have done nothing other than strengthen the film even more, the film is already a masterpiece. Expand
  8. Jan 28, 2012
    The Fellowship of the Ring was one of the best movies I have ever seen that was made from a book. It is one of those you would want to see again and again. It is based on the book by J.R.R Tolkien, and an amazing cast was selected. Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with the plot, dialogue, characters of Middle Earth. I was astonished by the special effects this movie had to offer,The Fellowship of the Ring was one of the best movies I have ever seen that was made from a book. It is one of those you would want to see again and again. It is based on the book by J.R.R Tolkien, and an amazing cast was selected. Peter Jackson did a fantastic job with the plot, dialogue, characters of Middle Earth. I was astonished by the special effects this movie had to offer, especially a scene with the demon Balrog. I would definitely recommend buying this. Seriously, go out and buy it today! Expand
  9. Jan 20, 2012
    I am happy to see the awarness of the community. Reviews of those people who do not understand epicness and quality of this movie from some reason , are found unhelpfull. On the other hand almost everyone agrees with those who give compliments to this movie , peter jackson , and of course great tolkien. I watched whole trilogy many times and i can only say , that it is the greates trilogyI am happy to see the awarness of the community. Reviews of those people who do not understand epicness and quality of this movie from some reason , are found unhelpfull. On the other hand almost everyone agrees with those who give compliments to this movie , peter jackson , and of course great tolkien. I watched whole trilogy many times and i can only say , that it is the greates trilogy ever. By my opinion all three of these movies are best there is in the movie world. If someone hasnt still watched it , chances are slim but , he should watch it right away , not just this one but whole tirlogy. Thank you community. Expand
  10. Jan 9, 2012
    You could easily tell the people that rate the film a 0/10 are either trolling or die hard fans of rival series such as Harry Potter and I pity those shameful morons because this film is excellent and a marvel at its time. When I first watched this film as a kid I have never seen anything like it on movie ever before. It was intense, it was interesting, the soundtrack is excellent and mostYou could easily tell the people that rate the film a 0/10 are either trolling or die hard fans of rival series such as Harry Potter and I pity those shameful morons because this film is excellent and a marvel at its time. When I first watched this film as a kid I have never seen anything like it on movie ever before. It was intense, it was interesting, the soundtrack is excellent and most importantly the ensemble cast was an absolutly perfect. My favourite scene was the council at Rivendell. It is very interesting how each character has their different opinion on the Ring and the best battle sequence was during Moria, of course the Cave Troll made it great. I personally praise the acting of Sean "Boromir Bean, Sean "Samwise" Astin and Ian "Gandalf" Mckellen I thought those 3 stood out because of how dramatic they can act without making a fool of themselves. When the film hit on Dvds and Videos I immediatly bought it along with the other 2 movies in support of the how inspiring and influentional those films were to me. Expand
  11. Dec 9, 2011
    For hardcore fans, Peter Jackson's vision of the Middle-Earth may be a disrespect to the source material, but for me, "The Fellowship of the Ring" is the most faithful adaptation you cold ask of. Many people were bored by its length, but I found the first chapter of the trilogy an epic masterpiece.
  12. Dec 1, 2011
    It was fine. I think it did get a little bit boring and it didnt peak until they got into Moria. From there and til the end of the film it was a lot better. The acting is ok, Sir Ian McKellen was amazing as Gandalf.
  13. Nov 19, 2011
    An epic beginning, known for its impeccable sound, the script developed, very faithful to the book, good performances, a show well done, as I can say about the soundtrack, direction, costumes, makeup, art direction and visual effects. In short, an excellent movie.
  14. Nov 4, 2011
    It's magical, emotional, captivating and epic. The Lord of the Rings is not only a literary classic, but thanks to Peter Jackson, it's now a cinematic classic. 4/4 stars.
  15. Sep 23, 2011
    "Lord of the RIngs: The Fellowship of the Ring" may be boring for several people, but nevertheless it is a heart warming epic adventure that certainly is one of the year's best films.
  16. Sep 21, 2011
    A masterpiece. This movie is a work of Art, and it portrays the great book series with excellence and majesty. It is an all time favorite, and my words fail to describe its magnificence.
  17. Sep 1, 2011
    indeed,a fabulous work of art......highly captivating movie .....a great start to a highly acclaimed trilogy of cinema...im anticipating a lot to watch the remaining movies of the trilogy.....
  18. Aug 9, 2011
    This movie is the beginning of the best trilogy ever and it's so good! It brings humor, sad moments, intense battles and solid performances. Every character can be appreciated because they are all likable. This movie is ridiculously good
  19. Aug 9, 2011
    LOTR destroyed my life . Why? Because i will never see such a perfect film ever.This trilogy will hard find its equal
  20. Jul 21, 2011
    This film is my favorite of all time. I usually never give a 10, but I'll make an exception with this masterpiece. All three LOTR movies are excellent, but this one is the best.
  21. May 27, 2011
    My personal favourite of the trilogy. In large part I think due to the score, the strange hypnotic main theme works perfectly and may get stuck in your head. Fans of the books may be disappointed by characters that do not make it to the filmscript, however the adaptation is skilfully done. Because there is room to pace this large work correctly exposition is a joy and not a necessary chore.
  22. May 26, 2011
    The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and its sequels are the only fantasy films based on books that have not disappointed me. I know that that isn't really saying much with great disapointments such as the Harry Potter movies, Twilight Saga and Eragon (yeah, I'm young) -Oh, and the Chronicles of Narnia, but this really is worth watching whether you read the books or not. BasedThe Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and its sequels are the only fantasy films based on books that have not disappointed me. I know that that isn't really saying much with great disapointments such as the Harry Potter movies, Twilight Saga and Eragon (yeah, I'm young) -Oh, and the Chronicles of Narnia, but this really is worth watching whether you read the books or not. Based on the first two The Lord of the Rings books by J.R.R. Tolkien it is a typical fantasy with elfs, dwarfs, wizards and goblins(called Orcs) but is boosted up to such an epic scale. Peter Jackson and everyone else who worked on this film really knew what they were doing. Now stop reading this rambling of text and go watch the movie. Rent it if you have to. Just don't let this one by you. Umm... Why are you still here? Expand
  23. Apr 3, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The greatest movie I have ever ever ever seen...The actors are all great...No man can make a film like this...I am waiting for The Hobbit...everyone is waiting for this movie... Expand
  24. Mar 29, 2011
    I didn't read the book, but this was a very enjoyable movie and the least complicated Lord of the Rings movie. However, did the movie really have to be that long?
  25. Feb 23, 2011
    The scene where Gandalf fights the Balrog in the mines is easily the worst movie scene of all times. All that money for CGI, and they come up with THAT ?
    The problem with that movie is: everthing is meant to be SO meaningful. It is like an actor laughing at his own jokes. The futile attempt to create depth and meaning in each and every single scene completely destroys the movie, and the story.
  26. Feb 1, 2011
    A fantastic and magical voyage to the unique world created by Tolkien. I think this is the best movie they could have done with this novel; they have captured the atmosphere excellently, and you can see this concretely at the beginning of the film, in The Shire (if I just could live there...). The interpretations are very good, except of Elijah Wood... he doesn't do it bad, but I neverA fantastic and magical voyage to the unique world created by Tolkien. I think this is the best movie they could have done with this novel; they have captured the atmosphere excellently, and you can see this concretely at the beginning of the film, in The Shire (if I just could live there...). The interpretations are very good, except of Elijah Wood... he doesn't do it bad, but I never liked him at all. Great movie, highly recommended to the people that likes this... magical and mystical stuff. Expand
  27. Nov 27, 2010
    Possibly the best movie ever. It feels like your seeing the book, I unfortunetly watched the movie then read the book, such a mistake. Visually stunning. Sir Ian Mckellen was brilliant as Gandalf, this movie is almost flawless. That is why I give it a ten. The fools who rate this movie low should be ashamed!
  28. Oct 30, 2010
    Peter Jackson's first awesome fantasy debut in this brilliant masterpiece!
  29. Sep 2, 2010
    **** yeah! This **** cinematic glory, **** Fun and logical, this movie is one of the best adaptations of any book; a true master class for any director that strives to transcend the source material. My fave of the series because it has the least boring CGI battle scenes and negligible portions of Orlando Bloom in proportion to the rest of the cast. Toss on the Jiffy-Pop and treat yourself**** yeah! This **** cinematic glory, **** Fun and logical, this movie is one of the best adaptations of any book; a true master class for any director that strives to transcend the source material. My fave of the series because it has the least boring CGI battle scenes and negligible portions of Orlando Bloom in proportion to the rest of the cast. Toss on the Jiffy-Pop and treat yourself (to the non-extended theatrical). Expand
  30. Aug 31, 2010
    Its been a while since I read the book, but from what I remember, the movie misses out a few things. But it doesn't matter! This is the perfect fantasy movie. It may be a bit clichéd at times, but that is expected. Watching it for the second (or maybe third) time, I realize how perfect this is, and how every other movie of this genre tries to live up to the bar set so high byIts been a while since I read the book, but from what I remember, the movie misses out a few things. But it doesn't matter! This is the perfect fantasy movie. It may be a bit clichéd at times, but that is expected. Watching it for the second (or maybe third) time, I realize how perfect this is, and how every other movie of this genre tries to live up to the bar set so high by this movie. Expand

I see it as nearly perfect: It's one of the best fantasy pictures ever made.
  2. An extraordinary work, grandly conceived, brilliantly executed and wildly entertaining. It's a hobbit's dream, a wizard's delight. And, of course, it's only the beginning.
    Above all, Jackson evokes an almost palpable sense of the will to power trapped within the ring. Without this evocation of the ring's insidious ability to sniff out the potential for corruption and capitalize on it, the entire enterprise would be precious drivel.