6.3

1. Sep 7, 2011
    A loveable high school comedy. It's not the funniest movie in the world, but it does make you laugh. I'm a sucker for good cameos, and this movie is chock full of them. My biggest complaint is the scene where the actors are miming to a funk song, and it shows the guitar pretend playing the bassline. Other than that, it is totally worth a watch.
  2. Feb 8, 2012
    This movie came out when I was 11 and I bet I would've totally enjoyed the hell out of it at that age but I'm 20 now and I just saw it. It's just dumb but i do applaud it for it's over-the-topness, it's like a dumb comic book made into a movie.
  3. Nov 13, 2013
    Esta pelicula me gusto, no tanto pero me gusto."The New Guy" no me parecio la clasica pelicula de adolescentes donde aparecen mujeres sin ropa o malas palabras,me parecio una pelicula de comedia con poco sentido pero algo de humor.

1. You have to have faith that kids will recognize a bad movie when it's foisted on them -- and they don't get much worse than The New Guy.
  2. If physical appearance creates its own class system (in high school and beyond), then Qualls is perfect for this proselytizing role. He has that rarest of movie-star faces -- one that over comes the tyranny of beauty.
    A comedy just funny enough to make viewers wish it were far funnier.