The Notebook

8.8

1. Jade
    Dec 4, 2005
    10 10 10 10 10 ... i love this movie so much, coming from a girls perspective.. men might not like it all that much, but its WONDERFUL!!!
  2. Apr 6, 2012
    I can see why many people like it. Especially girls. I am myself a female spectator, yet, although I truly enjoyed, I don't find it as good as most people here seem to find it. The story is certainly beautiful, at times predictable, but delightful just the same, and I like the performances. Still, the story is not truly original, but it has good moments and all the elements together makeI can see why many people like it. Especially girls. I am myself a female spectator, yet, although I truly enjoyed, I don't find it as good as most people here seem to find it. The story is certainly beautiful, at times predictable, but delightful just the same, and I like the performances. Still, the story is not truly original, but it has good moments and all the elements together make this movie special, not an easy movie to forget. For what it is, however...is over the average, but not much more. Expand
  3. Jan 21, 2013
    Really, quite good and touching. Somewhat predictable and frustrating at times, overall a good watch. At some parts, it was rather boring, but nothing to complain about profusely.
  4. Aug 15, 2011
    I recommend this movie to many people. Because it is very nice and moved story. This is about love story. The main character is old man who loves one old woman. In the last scene, you must be cry. It is famous movie in America. I love this story!
  5. Nov 13, 2013
    I’ve heard people refer to “The Notebook” as cheesy, as a ‘chick flick’ (a label very few of my colleagues can stand because of its negative connotation), as predictable and sappy. So “The Notebook” doesn’t exactly take a brain surgeon to guess how the story is going to play out. And it does unapologetically play on your emotions, practically begging you to squeeze out a few tears. ButI’ve heard people refer to “The Notebook” as cheesy, as a ‘chick flick’ (a label very few of my colleagues can stand because of its negative connotation), as predictable and sappy. So “The Notebook” doesn’t exactly take a brain surgeon to guess how the story is going to play out. And it does unapologetically play on your emotions, practically begging you to squeeze out a few tears. But here’s why I enjoyed “The Notebook”: it’s a movie you can relax and let flow over you. It’s also one of the few films out there that tells a complete story. There’s a well-defined beginning, middle, and end. “The Notebook” is a gentle romantic tale in the midst of blockbuster action films and goofball comedies. It could be argued that releasing it in mid-June is counter-programming at its best, giving adults who don’t want their senses assailed by CGI special effects a real choice at the box office. But you have to wonder if “The Notebook” would have stood a better chance of finding the right audience had it been released later in the year, when moviegoers are really ready for more intense storytelling, than during the crowded summer months. The Notebook” isn’t just a film for women. It’s a movie for anyone who wants to get lost in a beautiful story, for anyone who believes romance is still alive on film. Expand
  6. Jan 20, 2011
    The first time I saw this film I hated it. The second time I saw it I hated it. The third time I saw it I loved it. I'm not sure how I ended up watching a movie I hated so many times, but the third time my husband-to-be told me to watch it because he said the second time he saw it he realized that you have to be very very much in love to enjoy it. He was right. I think this movie speaks toThe first time I saw this film I hated it. The second time I saw it I hated it. The third time I saw it I loved it. I'm not sure how I ended up watching a movie I hated so many times, but the third time my husband-to-be told me to watch it because he said the second time he saw it he realized that you have to be very very much in love to enjoy it. He was right. I think this movie speaks to our romantic fantasies. I just never had any romantic fantasies to compare it to until they happened to me in real life. This movie is wonderful if A) You are a hopeless romantic or B) You are that in love with someone yourself. I think how good it is is all about whether you can relate to the feelings of the characters. Collapse
  7. Jan 6, 2015
    One of the most beautiful love/romance dramas. I watched this over and over again, always in tears.
    Performance of Rachel and Ryan are fantastic and the chemistry between them is believable.
    Men hate this movie, but us girls love it! So be it. :))
  8. KathyT.
    Jul 7, 2004
    A wonderful touching movie about the kind of love that every woman dreams about.
  9. VinceH.
    Jun 27, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] I have to agree with Chad. The last 5 minutes of this film completely ruined it for me, and had it been left out and the film ended after McAdams goes back to Gosling, it would be an 8 or 9. I recommend the film despite that for a few reasons. The acting is uniformly superb, but suprisingly not from the always great Ryan Gosling (who was even excellent in the horrid[***SPOILERS***] I have to agree with Chad. The last 5 minutes of this film completely ruined it for me, and had it been left out and the film ended after McAdams goes back to Gosling, it would be an 8 or 9. I recommend the film despite that for a few reasons. The acting is uniformly superb, but suprisingly not from the always great Ryan Gosling (who was even excellent in the horrid "Murder by Numbers") but Rachel McAdams, known mostly as being the popular mean blonde girl who gets hit by a bus in "Mean Girls". She is a really great actress and this role should do for her career what "Mulholland Drive" did for Naomi Watts. The true standouts however are Garner & Rowlands, who bring real gravity and life to their roles brilliantly. Hopefully neither of them will be forgotten come next Oscar noms. Expand
  10. ChadS.
    Jun 27, 2004
    Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are the best movie couple since Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise", which is all the more remarkable since they're trapped in a formulaic screenplay. The tired convention of telling a story in retrospect by an on-screen narrator is initially tiresome, until "The Notebook" chooses to reveal their identity in the film's middle, rather than Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are the best movie couple since Richard Linklater's "Before Sunrise", which is all the more remarkable since they're trapped in a formulaic screenplay. The tired convention of telling a story in retrospect by an on-screen narrator is initially tiresome, until "The Notebook" chooses to reveal their identity in the film's middle, rather than the end. From that juncture, James Garner and Gena Rowland's characters feel less like an interruption. But this movie belongs to Rachel McAdams. Ryan Gosling is gracious enough to underplay and let his co-star shine. If you exit the theater after Garner closes the notebook, and there is a fade out, "The Notebook" is a borderline "9". Not since "A.I" has there been an instance of a film not knowing when to end. If the final scene had returned to Gosling and McAdams, a simple coda in slow-motion, for instance; or just ended on the aforementioned scene, everybody, boys and girls alike, would be in tears. That final scene between Garner and Rowlands transforms "The Notebook" from chick-flick to chick-flick hell. Still, a lot to recommend here. "The Notebook" is slightly better than a guilty pleasure. McAdams and Gosling has chemistry, in spades. This movie is shockingly not awful. Expand
  11. LovingL.
    One word: BEAUTIFUL.
  12. DebR
    Feb 2, 2005
    I loved it...so romantic!
  13. ToddF
    Apr 27, 2005
    This movie was awesome! This movie is exactly like my girlfriend and I. It reminded me more of us than anything ever has. It deserves better than a 10 for hitting me like it did. This movie goes straight to the heart. You can watch it 100 times and its still just as good.
  14. AndieV.
    Jul 2, 2007
    i thought this movie was gonna be emotional and sad and beautiful, cause everyone was raving about it. then, when i watched it, it was like any ordinary "tragica" romance, some parts were emotional, but all in all, it was okay.
  15. BitBurn
    Nov 1, 2004
    Screw the bad critics! The Notebook was a very romantic and well-done "not-too-cheesy-too-chick-flick" movie!! Acting was superb and I love Rachel McAdams!! And James Garner is still very convincing, as usual.
  16. KellyS.
    Jul 1, 2004
    A must see!!! ryan and rachel deliver sensational performances as noah and allie. the old actors and actress is amazing too. i seriously cried from start to end!
  17. ZaneM.
    Jul 3, 2004
    I don't understand what the middling is about THE NOTEBOOK. I though it was superb, with a great story about undying love, capped off by some great performances.
  18. LorraineR.
    Aug 14, 2004
    Excellent film. Brought back those same feelings you first got when you say movies like Beaches, Dirty Dancing and Iris.
  19. emilyc
    Sep 20, 2004
    This was the sweetest movie ever made! the whole sotry is so touching. this movie shows you what ture love is like and that it is still alive!
  20. Sara
    Jan 20, 2005
    I loved this movie, it was romantic, sad, and a tearjerker, everyone in the theater was balling by the end!
  21. sophiep.
    Feb 11, 2005
    Possibly the best romantic film iv seen..made me laugh and cry.
  22. TyS
    Feb 16, 2005
    As has been said ..... The Critics know JACK ! They give so many good scores to movies that leave your mind the second the end credits are rolling yet pan something as great as The Notebook which has my wife and I still talking about it. WHo knows... maybe you have to be in some sort of long relationship to truly get this one ? Loved the movie.. Won't ruin it for those who have not As has been said ..... The Critics know JACK ! They give so many good scores to movies that leave your mind the second the end credits are rolling yet pan something as great as The Notebook which has my wife and I still talking about it. WHo knows... maybe you have to be in some sort of long relationship to truly get this one ? Loved the movie.. Won't ruin it for those who have not seen but make sure you have the kleenex on hand. EXCELLENT !!!! Expand
  23. DavidD.
    Feb 16, 2005
    Notebook was one of the most touch and emotional movies I have ever watched. It has the same sentimental reaction as the Joy Luck Club. I found the storyline intriguing and slightly unexpected. The only criticism I would have is that the acting is not 100% believable and the snobbish characters are a little too cliché.
  24. ClairW.
    Apr 6, 2005
    This Movie was so good...I highly recommend it to married couples. Or couple thinking of marriage. My husband and I just rented it recently ...never saw it at the movies, unfortunately, (because I heard it wasn't good) But wow it really puts your relationship in perspective. We both loved it. It changed our relationship!!! Live you life now, love your lover now, so when you are old This Movie was so good...I highly recommend it to married couples. Or couple thinking of marriage. My husband and I just rented it recently ...never saw it at the movies, unfortunately, (because I heard it wasn't good) But wow it really puts your relationship in perspective. We both loved it. It changed our relationship!!! Live you life now, love your lover now, so when you are old and grey you can look back and say "I have loved someone with all my heart and soul" what an accomplishment!!!! Criticism? Just a few little things bothered me...Like....It would have been a good idea to make James Garner dye his hair white or maybe even find someone who looked a little more like an old Ryan Gosling. Even though he did a wonderful performance (James Garner) I would have liked to see at least Ryan's (Noah's) eyes in another actor. Because when he reminisces and looks back at old pictures of the couple, you think it's a totally different couple....Also when they danced at the end, I wished they had used the same Billy Holiday song (I'll be seeing you) instead of Jimmy Durante. Still my favorite love story to date!!! The deleted second love scene is HOT! Expand
  25. SamL.
    Mar 6, 2006
    I love this movie. I think this movie is the greatest movie to show the meaning of staying with your love one no matter what.
  26. DannyW.
    May 31, 2006
    this film is a special film to me it is the saddest film ive ever nown it makes me cry, i fell in love with the film people u need to watch this film rating.
  27. DickR.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I tried to rate this movie a "14"... it's a perfect "10" plus 4 bonus points for Gosling's beard and ferris wheel climbing skills!
  28. CameronS.
    Jun 23, 2004
    Excellent movie!!! Strong performances! Great casting! Everything was perfect! GO SEE IT!
  29. RD
    Jun 30, 2004
    Fantastic Movie! So many are cynical about love, but this movie shows the incredible power of a loyal love that lasts a lifetime. As a satisfied customer, I say "it works!" If you havn't tried it, don't knock it. This could easily be the best movie of the year.
  30. IsabellaV.
    Jul 1, 2004
    This movie was amazing! I fell in love with all of its characters! It was very sweet, a great date movie.
  31. AlessandraS.
    Jul 1, 2004
    One of the best movies i have ever seen. Sure, its overly sentimental but then again, thats part of the film's appeal. McAdams and Gosling have incredible chemistry. I cried the whole time.
  32. Fantasy
    Jul 13, 2004
    Friends I have seen many movies in my lifetime. Despite the professional critics giving an average score of 52, let me assure you, that if you miss this film, you'll regret it deeply. Without a doubt this is one of the best films to be seen in many a years. I went to see it with my girlfriend on a Tuesday afternoon. It has been out for weeks. I was shocked to walk into an almost Friends I have seen many movies in my lifetime. Despite the professional critics giving an average score of 52, let me assure you, that if you miss this film, you'll regret it deeply. Without a doubt this is one of the best films to be seen in many a years. I went to see it with my girlfriend on a Tuesday afternoon. It has been out for weeks. I was shocked to walk into an almost fully packed theater. I knew right away that the word of mouth had to be excellent. Was I disappointed? Not in the least. The acting and the scenery was so beautiful it made me long to be back in the 50's. There's no way I could single out any one performance as they were all excellent. Do yourself a favor and go see it today. You'll be glad you did. Love stories like this don't come around too often. Expand
  33. JackD.
    Jul 14, 2004
    This is a word-of-mouth movie. (If you're of AARP age, RUN, dont walk to your nearest theater to see it). It is the type of old-fashioned tearjerker that Hollywood almost never makes any more. Cassavetes makes his actors shine in a beautifully directed and photographed movie. If you like this genre, dont miss this movie!
  34. Red,White&Blue
    Jul 14, 2004
    Simply fantastic. One of the most satisfying films of the year. James Garner must be considered for Best Supporting Actor. Don't miss it.
  35. Lassister
    Jul 16, 2004
    The Best movie playing right now. It is an old fashioned love story the kind that they do not make any more. You really care about all of the characters and the acting, screenplay and directing are all first rate. What a wonderful surprise for the general public. Only proves again that professional critics have no idea of the pulse of the average movie goer. Make sure to see it and enjoy.
  36. CarmellaH.
    Jul 17, 2004
    A true love story. Sweet and simple, yet effective.
  37. Janet
    Jul 18, 2004
    The best movie of the year. I just loved it.
  38. LL
    Jul 22, 2004
    Amazing movie, by far my favorite love story.
  39. DavidH.
    Jul 23, 2004
    Kel R I feel so sorry for you as obviously something similar to what occurred in the movie once happened to you. It is a story of life that makes it so fascinating. Have you ever heard of opposites attract? In the movie there is one line where Noah says "you are a pain in the ass 99% of the time but I still love you." That is what love is truly about. It doesn't matter if you fight Kel R I feel so sorry for you as obviously something similar to what occurred in the movie once happened to you. It is a story of life that makes it so fascinating. Have you ever heard of opposites attract? In the movie there is one line where Noah says "you are a pain in the ass 99% of the time but I still love you." That is what love is truly about. It doesn't matter if you fight or are from opposite side of the tracks! When you meet that someone special no matter what you say or do, you can never let go. I feel sorry Kel that you are hurting so bad that this message was apparently lost on you. By your own words you make this film a masterpiece. By the way, you should have stuck around for the ending. Expand
  40. Darren
    Aug 15, 2004
    Tremendous movie. What were the professional critics watching to give this a score of 52? Word of mouth flick just blew me away. James Garner wins best supporting actor hands down. DVD will be a blockbuster hit.
  41. NatalieJ.
    Aug 19, 2004
    I loved this movie! I want to go see it again and again! Its a beautiful love story and I'm buying it on DVD when it comes out! I cried a ton when I saw it!
  42. JaneS
    Aug 2, 2004
    I did not know what to really expect going in and i greatly surprised. i thought the actors did a wonderful job making the movie come to life. you really feel for them because their performances truly draw you in. one of the best movies i have seen in awhile.
  43. Lane
    Sep 2, 2004
    I must have been watching something different from the critics? Without a doubt the most satisfying movie of the year with outstanding perfomances by all of the lead actors. This is what a movie is supposed to be. Simply fantastic. Hello critics, are you listening?
  44. AleP.
    Feb 14, 2005
    Is the Best.
  45. JillianH.
    Feb 26, 2005
    OMG! This is sooooh amazing! The only other movie that made me shed a teardrop, Ryan Gosling is soooh hott!!! A must see!!
  46. ClintM
    Feb 9, 2005
    Ok, so it's intentionally designed to make you cry like a baby!! Is that such a bad thing??? I absolutely loved this movie. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling have such a real and relatable chemistry and it was a delight to watch their interaction. I was really surprised too by Rachel, having come from "Mean Girls" to this. She proved that she's more than just another Jamie Presley Ok, so it's intentionally designed to make you cry like a baby!! Is that such a bad thing??? I absolutely loved this movie. Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling have such a real and relatable chemistry and it was a delight to watch their interaction. I was really surprised too by Rachel, having come from "Mean Girls" to this. She proved that she's more than just another Jamie Presley or Shannon Elizabeth; she's a really talented actress! But what really breaks your heart are the touching scenes between James Garner and Gena Rowlands. If their bond and love alone doesn't bring you to tears (or darn near close!) you've got a heart of stone. The movie depicts true love and devotion to someone until the very end. And that was a beautiful thing. Expand
    Mar 1, 2005
    Best love story ever.
  48. BJDixon
    Mar 15, 2005
    I love Nicholas Sparks books. His movies tend to be a little dull. This one is tender and loving, but for me, it was much better because I've read the book twice. I found it very sad because my mother had dementia. In that same thought, that made this movie a little far fetched because no-one with dementia looks as good as Allie. But I still recommend the movie to anyone that likes romance.
  49. JASIV
    Mar 19, 2005
    Was prepared for another dreary and sappy "chick-flick" and I was very suprised to like this film so much. It's extremely well-made and contains top-notch performances. Unlike many films of this type, The Notebook held my interest from beginning to end.....I didn't yawn once!
  50. Jesse
    Apr 24, 2005
    This movie was excellent. Now, i'm 15 years old and a Male. I really do hate Romance movies and 'Chick Flicks'.I was asked to watch this movie from a Friend. I really enjoyed it. This movie was really good. I don't know why, there is just something about this movie that was really good. Guys, watch this movie.
  51. shannon
    Jun 13, 2005
    I thought it was predictable, but it was still really good. Made me cry, and that rarely happens.
  52. PatC.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Way too melodramatic and simplistic, but nonetheless an insightful and moving account of the romantic transitions in our lives, from youthful compulsion to fruition to deterioration and oblivion. Particularly touching for those who have learned a relationship is only as strong as its memories.
  53. vikkim.
    Jun 14, 2005
    OMG, i absolutly loved this movie!!!! I seen it 4 times at the movies! I took a diffrent friend every time, because i wanted all them to see it! I cried so many times!! it was awsome!!!
  54. Amanda
    Jul 25, 2005
    Its perfect.
  55. MeGaN
    Sep 4, 2005
    The notebook is the perfect movie for all age types. i didn't think i would like it but i actually loved it. i watched three times so far and i cried everytime. they show love as the most powerful thing. if someone hasn't seen it yet they have to go watch it. (bring some tissue!)
  56. SylviaV.
    Jul 6, 2006
    its a very inspiring movie about love the story line is great i just loved it but if they didn't put so much sex it would be a great movie for my kids.
  57. Abby
    Jul 1, 2007
    Very good movie. I was honestly surprised I cried :)
  58. VictoriaD
    Mar 17, 2009
    I think if more people would love like that this world would be a better place.
  59. ChrisS.
    Jun 19, 2004
    I guess being the only non-pessimist, skeptic and synic who saw this film, it would be understandable that my rating is more than above average for this film. Great acting by two new faces and decent story that keeps you watching. Personally, anyone who gives the Chronicles of Riddick a higher rating than this should have his journalism degree revoked.
  60. John
    Jun 21, 2004
    GREAT movie...I smell Oscars.
  61. LeighAnnP.
    Jun 29, 2004
    Outstanding! A must see... especially if you have read the book!
  62. KatieP
    Jul 18, 2004
    Much to my surprise.. it was actually really good. Who knew. It was obviously predictable.. but who cares? it was a nice love story.
  63. Kristin
    Jul 27, 2004
    This movie is indeed a great movie that reaches to your heart about true love and life. Excellent job.
  64. LarryC.
    Aug 21, 2004
    The performances are so terrific and the film so heartfelt, it transcends the soap opera foundation! The four lead actors are all wonderful but keep an eye out for Joan Allen whose performance as the mother reminds you what a quietly powerful actor she is!
  65. ShannonS.
    Aug 26, 2004
    Best Movie I've Ever seen.
  66. Jenn
    Aug 31, 2004
    This movie is absolutely perfect from the acting to the story line to the beautiful scenery. It captures the essence of the love that everyone wants but not everyone achieves. Maybe the critics should pay attention when watching it so that they can see what everyone else is seeing!
  67. elyseb.
    Feb 13, 2005
    It was one of the best movies i have ever seen! Ya totaly a chick flick, but never cried so much in my life over a movie! :S
  68. KelleyW.
    Feb 13, 2005
    I loved this movie and my fiancee thomas just feel in love with the notebook, it was everything we thought it would be nicholas sparks should do more movies with his books.. thanks kelle and thomas.
  69. BebeC.
    Feb 19, 2005
    This is a great show. The ladies will love this one. Even if they are hardcore.
  70. KarinaB..
    Feb 21, 2005
    The movie was AMAZING, sad, romantic, sweet heart wwarming and much more...PLUS (Ryan Gosling is soooo hot.!!!!!
  71. RichardT.
    Jun 13, 2005
    Although I don't normally like movies like this, i was more then surprised when i found myself crying to it at the end, this was a great movie to rent with a partner, it will remain ne of my favororite films of all time, and thats saying something! Only thing i'd have to say is that its a little slow to start, its not untill 40mins onwards that you really start to get into it! Although I don't normally like movies like this, i was more then surprised when i found myself crying to it at the end, this was a great movie to rent with a partner, it will remain ne of my favororite films of all time, and thats saying something! Only thing i'd have to say is that its a little slow to start, its not untill 40mins onwards that you really start to get into it! overall a impressive 9. Expand
    Oct 25, 2008
    Best love story ever.
  73. DanD
    Mar 13, 2009
    This movie was wonderful. Sure it may have followed the stereotypical tragic/romance, but it has done it so well. I find it disgusting that someone can not see the greatness in the film. I could say more, but it feels as if my breath is being wasted.
  74. JoeA.
    Nov 13, 2004
    A decent love story, though I wasn't quite convinced of the undeniable connection between the main characters. That said, my other half was :-)
  75. SophiaJ.
    Dec 24, 2004
    My favorite movie. Its me and my husband....
  76. RickZ.
    Nov 28, 2005
    Now this is what I would call a true love story. I was blown away. This will definitely be one of my all time favorites. I can't stop thinking about it.
  77. Feb 12, 2015
    Apparently critics are giving 'The notebook' a mediocre review, i couldn't blame i actually agree, the movie starts out an old man trying to make his dementia wife Allison trying to remember when they first meet also when they fall in love; so anyway the movie starts Rachelle Mcadams and Ryan Gosling are star crossed lovers young Allison is rich young Noah is poor. It's Nicholas SparksApparently critics are giving 'The notebook' a mediocre review, i couldn't blame i actually agree, the movie starts out an old man trying to make his dementia wife Allison trying to remember when they first meet also when they fall in love; so anyway the movie starts Rachelle Mcadams and Ryan Gosling are star crossed lovers young Allison is rich young Noah is poor. It's Nicholas Sparks same cliche' in all of his movies including books. Like this movie is very cliche'd like seriously a person can't remember their love story? so James Garner makes a book about their love to make sure old Ally (Gena Rowlandsy) remember? wow what a cliche! but the cast is great and they give outstanding performances. Grade C+ Expand
  78. Jul 5, 2015
    It is a perfect film. It's really one worth seeing .
  79. Aug 24, 2015
    The Notebook is a brilliantly written intriguing story about two young lovers that most people can relate to. The movie describes how a summer love turned into a pure and inseprable love. The movie is filled with fabulous quotes and sentimental moments which makes people get lost in the story, and forget about their thoughts, or what is going on in the outside world.

The movie was

The movie was adapted from the novel "The Notebook" by Nicholas Sparks. Nick Cassavetes directed the movie, making a great adaption. Ryan Gosling brings a great innocence to the role of Noah Calhoun in the film, one of the two main characters. Rachel McAdams plays the other half of the duo as Allie Hamilton. They both gave an astonishing performances along with James Garner who plays old Noah and Gena Rowlands who plays old Allie.

The old Allie has a disease called Alzheimer's which makes her forget about her old life, particularly her husband and the life they had spent together. The story unfolds as Old Noah reads her "The Notebook" comprising of their young love, how they met, how they fell in love, how their love grew.

Noah and Allie gave a remarkably convincing portrayal of a boy and a girl traveling down a very long road with no regard for the consequence of their unconditional love. Noah is a country boy, Allie is from city. Being from a wealthy family, she had the world at her feet while he didn't have two dimes to rub together. With Noah, Allie is a completely different person. She sees her life differently and does what she likes rather than what her parents wants for her. She is like a free bird flying high up in the sky, enjoying her life to the fullest. One of the narration of the movie says, "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more, that plants a fire in our heart and brings peace to our minds". That's what they gave each other and that's what people want in their life.

It does not matter whether you love romantic movies or hate them, this is NOT just a romantic movie it is so more than that. By the end of the movie you will feel a whole heap of emotions. It leaves it viewers to talk about the movie for a long time. This was one of the best movies I recently saw and would highly recommend to see this epic tale of love.
  80. Mar 13, 2016
    who ever gave this a negative score must hate life! it is one the best films i have ever seen, i can watch it again and again and again and again! ive always wanted a love like this!
  81. Mar 26, 2016
    Slow starting, outdated music, scrappy clothes, mediocre actors, unbelievable story line, dozed off 40 mins through, woke up before the end, couldn't follow the plot & it was a 2 hour movie!!!

But it was just that DAMN cute! 10/10 would do again!
  82. May 20, 2016
    Romance is the finest miracle life has to offer human beings. With the uncontrollable desire to love a solemate brings us that motivating force to wake up every morning and appreciate our time in life. The Notebook is the definition of adoration and love between two vastly beautiful individuals. It can tunnel into the inner core of our hearts and can stupidly play with our emotions.Romance is the finest miracle life has to offer human beings. With the uncontrollable desire to love a solemate brings us that motivating force to wake up every morning and appreciate our time in life. The Notebook is the definition of adoration and love between two vastly beautiful individuals. It can tunnel into the inner core of our hearts and can stupidly play with our emotions. Though, it doesn't surpass the obvious cliches we would expect out of this genre. The playful dialouge, the breakup, and the reconciliation moment are all perfect examples of cliches this film possesss.

The Notebook can be a hard film to watch; but it's definately worth your time!

Rating: 7/10

1. Mercilessly plodding pacing, problematic character motivations and a fundamental lack of chemistry between the two star-crossed lovers in question don't do a lot to help its cause.
    I have the same allergic reaction to this open faucet of tear-jerking swill as I do to the 1996 Nicholas Sparks novel that inspired it.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    A determined and often affecting romance that doesn't speak down to audiences.