8.0

1. Aug 15, 2011
    I recommend this movie to many people. Because it is very nice and moved story. This is about love story. The main character is old man who loves one old woman. In the last scene, you must be cry. It is famous movie in America. I love this story!
  2. Jan 20, 2011
    The first time I saw this film I hated it. The second time I saw it I hated it. The third time I saw it I loved it. I'm not sure how I ended up watching a movie I hated so many times, but the third time my husband-to-be told me to watch it because he said the second time he saw it he realized that you have to be very very much in love to enjoy it. He was right. I think this movie speaks to our romantic fantasies. I just never had any romantic fantasies to compare it to until they happened to me in real life. This movie is wonderful if A) You are a hopeless romantic or B) You are that in love with someone yourself. I think how good it is is all about whether you can relate to the feelings of the characters. Expand

1. Mercilessly plodding pacing, problematic character motivations and a fundamental lack of chemistry between the two star-crossed lovers in question don't do a lot to help its cause.
    I have the same allergic reaction to this open faucet of tear-jerking swill as I do to the 1996 Nicholas Sparks novel that inspired it.
  3. Reviewed by: Robert Koehler
    A determined and often affecting romance that doesn't speak down to audiences.