The Perfect Storm

5.7

1. Apr 27, 2016
    This is a touching story, the choice of actors in this movie was spot on, they did a great job and the movie overall followed the story line well.

Watch it online for free: https://www.primewire.ag/watch-1487-The-Perfect-Storm-online-free
  2. Jun 4, 2015
    This movie is my gold standard for what I consider to be a horrible film. Pacted full of cliches, overly dramatic music, I couldn't come to have any sympathy for the characters and there's about 40 minutes of over the top quick cut shaky cam action footage where you really have no idea what in the hell is going on. Terrible, terrible movie.
  3. Mar 29, 2015
    It is a shame how this movie turns a real nightmare into a dull Hollywood spectacle full of visual effects but with little character development, and it even makes the biggest mistake of showing more people caught in the storm instead of only focusing on the crew of the Andrea Gail.
  4. Jul 6, 2014
    The Perfect Storm is a an overlong, pointless washout that never connects with us emotionally. It takes forever to get going, and each scene is dragged out until the viewer reaches wits end. Even after all of that, the movie never rewards us for our troubles, instead giving us cliché after cliché in the script and very static characters. It may have great special effects, but they'reThe Perfect Storm is a an overlong, pointless washout that never connects with us emotionally. It takes forever to get going, and each scene is dragged out until the viewer reaches wits end. Even after all of that, the movie never rewards us for our troubles, instead giving us cliché after cliché in the script and very static characters. It may have great special effects, but they're wasted in this movie. Expand
  5. Jun 23, 2014
    Hollywood did it again, what a crap movie. the most irritating thing about this movie was the bloody music.
    so in appropriate! I literally had to stop watching this crap. Now I know why I watch foreign film and arthouse cinema. Hollywood never did it for me. Occasionally a good one comes out but it certainly AINT this one.
  6. May 18, 2013
    The Perfect Storm is a fine disaster movie. It suffers from all the usual schmaltz, but when the waves start ramping up, so does the excitement. That said, a bit more character depth and a few less extraneous characters (like the helicopter or sail boat crew) would have served this movie better.
  7. Feb 24, 2013
    The Perfect Storm is a great tribute to the men and women who risk their lives every day on the open sea for barely enough money to live on, and it is also based on a true story. I really enjoyed this film and watching the bonus features to see just how difficult it was to make, made me appreciate it that much more. It isn't without its flaws thou. The whole background story of love,The Perfect Storm is a great tribute to the men and women who risk their lives every day on the open sea for barely enough money to live on, and it is also based on a true story. I really enjoyed this film and watching the bonus features to see just how difficult it was to make, made me appreciate it that much more. It isn't without its flaws thou. The whole background story of love, looking for love, and flirting was very cheesy. The relationship between Diane Lane Mark Wahlberg was necessary, the rest was not, such as hearing his thoughts before he's about to drown in the ocean... come on! I also didn't like the supposition as to what happened on the ship during their finally voyage. Did Sully and Murph really fight? The rogue wave? The shark? We don't know and neither does the author, it was just Hollywood getting in the way again, but overall I did like the movie and really appreciate how hard it was to actually make. Collapse
  8. Aug 29, 2012
    The Perfect Diasaster. I have never seen a more boring, eventless, badly directed and acted film. Avoid at all costs. Nothing happens and it's not interesting in the slightest.
  9. Sep 30, 2011
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The thing that really irks me about THE PERFECT STORM is that I had read that it was a disaster film (and it's made pretty much clear in the title), but the actual disaster didn't get started for a whole forty minutes, which almost brought me to the point of thinking that "Perfect Storm" was some kind of metaphor. The basic layout is as follows: 1-30 minutes - characters are introduced with enough relationship statuses, innuendos, overly charismatic drama to create an entire soap opera; 31-40 minutes - the characters leave their spouses/fiancées, board the ship, but continue with the non sequiturs and double entendres that make you groan, "Enough already!"; 41-120 minutes - over an hour of TITANIC-esque intensity and dazzling (but terrifying, considering this is based on a true story) disaster scenes--which is exciting, but it makes you think, "We go from soap opera...to disaster?", because the beginning does NOT make sense to the rest of the film; 121-128 minutes - the film is coming to an end, with slightly less intensity, but thankfully no "return of the soap opera"; 129 minutes - the film's over, folks, you can go home now. That's the gist of this mediocre movie. It's just what you expect of a shipwreck film. Expand
  10. May 11, 2011
    The Perfect Storm is movie based on a true story, about a skipper (captain) and his crew of a sword fishing boat going out and fishing in one of the worst storms to hit New England. The crew goes through trials of will and character when many things go wrong on the boat throughout the trip. The movie is based off a true story that actually happened about a boat that was lost to a freakThe Perfect Storm is movie based on a true story, about a skipper (captain) and his crew of a sword fishing boat going out and fishing in one of the worst storms to hit New England. The crew goes through trials of will and character when many things go wrong on the boat throughout the trip. The movie is based off a true story that actually happened about a boat that was lost to a freak accident of nature creating what meteorologists call the perfects storm. Overall the perfect storm was a great movie in my eyes had great acting, good visuals, awesome story and fantastic realism all mixed in one. I would recommend this movie to anyone who enjoys movies based on true events.
    The perfect storm was overall a great movie for it being based off real events. The story was great, I would give it a 9 out of 10. The acting was fantastic I had no problem believing that George Clooney Mark Walberg and the rest of the crew were fisherman. When George Clooney says â
  11. Aug 13, 2010
    This is amongst one of the worst movies I have ever seen. I only gave it a 3 because the waves looked good in 2000. It's doesn't seem to go anywhere and the movie made no effort of making me want to care about the crew. The only up side to this movie is that it is not a bad as Miami Vice (Movie).
  12. YvetteG.
    Nov 29, 2006
    A truly inspring and touching movie that has great themes in it. It is about courage and responsibility. I have been spritually lifted by the film. I can't understand how people can not appreciate the beauty of it. Maybe thsoe who do not possess those qualities are prevented from seeing them.
    Mar 23, 2006
    THe FX deliver, but the drama is cut-rate, and the characters don't really have all that depth. Some fo the stunts are impressive though, particularly Cloony cutting an anchor loose int eh midst of the storm. In the end, though, it achieves a slight ting of resonance, and the first rate musical score is pleasant.
  14. raVen
    Dec 5, 2004
    (6.5) Some moviemakers no longer trust actors. Not with acting anyway. You know this is a pretty good cast, and I know this is a pretty good cast, but the script doesn't care - and as it turns out, neither does the storm. The storm, you see, is the star. It's in the title, after all. And as the star, it is very VERY impressive. Clooney and Co. are just there for face time, and (6.5) Some moviemakers no longer trust actors. Not with acting anyway. You know this is a pretty good cast, and I know this is a pretty good cast, but the script doesn't care - and as it turns out, neither does the storm. The storm, you see, is the star. It's in the title, after all. And as the star, it is very VERY impressive. Clooney and Co. are just there for face time, and we know this early. The tools are the makings of a modern Shakespearean spectacle: men separated from home and loved ones by a final doomed traverse through the best bluster Mother Nature can muster, etc. But for it to work like Shakespeare, the actors need to be let loose, free to go over the top, to yell gutteral screams in the face of the tempest. The problem is that this movie is also trying to be a tribute to the everyman lifestyle - boots and baseball caps and stubble and money for bills. So just as the storm is winding up for the knockout, that's when the actors are playing it down. As the storm finally subsides, you get the strange sensation that you know as much about these people as you could have gleaned from the newscaster reporting their disappearance, and that maybe some important acting went down with the ship - before it ever set sail. Expand
  15. JeffL.
    Sep 12, 2004
    The storm is the most palpable character in this film. While the waves are high and nerve-wracking, the characters never quite stir up any emotional reaction -- be it the sentimental love story threaded haphazardly through the movie, or the one-dimensional, uninteresting macho bravado that serves as the only source of dramatic tension throughout.
  16. JohnK.
    Feb 23, 2004
    Very Good Movie.
  17. PatC.
    Jan 7, 2004
    Once again we see that the most spectacular special effects can't rescue a depiction of an actual event repopulated with idiot characters.
  18. KenT.
    Dec 5, 2001
    A veritable storehouse of cliches, lowlighted by a completely imagined story of what went on in the ill fated boat. Only the special effects earn it 2 points.
  19. ColeL.
    Nov 17, 2001
    A pitiful movie. All the money was put into the special effects and none to anything that was worth while. Dont see this movie.
  20. Classified
    Sep 26, 2001
    This was a great film. It was also a true life experience.
  21. RyanM.
    Jul 11, 2001
    The worst, most pitifull, awful, boring apocalypse I've ever seen on film.

But jaw-dropping trailer aside, there isn't much movie here.
  2. Dive right in if you're looking for an old-fashioned entertainment that delivers corny romance, turbulent action, and enough wave-churning seascapes to make "Titanic" seem landlocked.
    Nearly a perfect film, from its bold and epic man-vs.-nature conflict to the breathless scripting, editing, acting, and direction.