The Postman

1. hunter
    Jul 2, 2005
    I couldn't even stand to watch it all the way through.
  2. armandos.
    Feb 10, 2005
    Costner takes himself too seriously in this flick, but the critics savaged this a little too much-it is not all that bad-even though some scenes meant to be serious can instead cause inadvertant laughter.
  3. PatC.
    Jun 30, 2006
    A riveting epic ranking right up there with Heavens Gate.
  4. Feb 7, 2012
    What a great performance and story line. This is without a doubt one of my top 5 films. The storyline for me had me at every turn. Costner was certainly given the raw end of the pro critics but I've made a few films and appeared and it was just brilliant
  5. Mike
    Jun 9, 2005
    This movie is great. I dont really buy the realness of it, but it kept me entertained for 3 hours. yea right.
  6. Jul 21, 2013
    While slightly longer than needed this was a good movie that was over trashed by critics. Was it completely realistic? No. Neither is any high dollar Batman movie ever made. That's why they call them movies.

If you don't allow yourself to be told what to like by profession critics try it. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised.
  7. Mar 4, 2015
    An underrated gem. An exciting story, strong performances throughout and a touching insight into the flaws and hopes of human nature. Given the almost universal trashing this film received from the critics I can only imagine that hollywood felt it was time to take Kevin Costner down a peg or two.
  8. Feb 5, 2014
    this was an absolute disaster. the movie was in no way anything like the book adding characters and scenes that werent even remotely anything like the book. why does Hollywood have to ruin everything

1. Regrettably, The Postman is just one more reminder of what a nonfactor sincerity often is in terms of artistic merit.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Meek
    The Postman isn't as atrocious as the inane trailers and media hype have indicated, but like "Waterworld" a lot of the prerelease scrutiny is well warranted.
  3. Every truly awful movie epic has a point of no return, a moment when the accumulated bad lines and bogus sentimentality become so cloying that the best defense against a mounting queasiness is an awed amusement. The Postman, offers a new opportunity for levity every few minutes after its first hour.