5.9

1. Feb 5, 2014
    this was an absolute disaster. the movie was in no way anything like the book adding characters and scenes that werent even remotely anything like the book. why does Hollywood have to ruin everything
  2. Jul 21, 2013
    While slightly longer than needed this was a good movie that was over trashed by critics. Was it completely realistic? No. Neither is any high dollar Batman movie ever made. That's why they call them movies.

If you don't allow yourself to be told what to like by profession critics try it. You might find yourself pleasantly surprised.
  3. Feb 7, 2012
    What a great performance and story line. This is without a doubt one of my top 5 films. The storyline for me had me at every turn. Costner was certainly given the raw end of the pro critics but I've made a few films and appeared and it was just brilliant

1. Regrettably, The Postman is just one more reminder of what a nonfactor sincerity often is in terms of artistic merit.
  2. Reviewed by: Tom Meek
    The Postman isn't as atrocious as the inane trailers and media hype have indicated, but like "Waterworld" a lot of the prerelease scrutiny is well warranted.
  3. Every truly awful movie epic has a point of no return, a moment when the accumulated bad lines and bogus sentimentality become so cloying that the best defense against a mounting queasiness is an awed amusement. The Postman, offers a new opportunity for levity every few minutes after its first hour.