6.9

1. Dit
    Jun 14, 2011
    I really don't get why people are hating this movie! I recently watched it on t.v. and it is now one of my all time favorites! Don't listen to the critics. They don't know what they are talking about on some movies.
  2. Nov 29, 2012
    As usual, the critics got it wrong with this one. It's been a while since I first saw it but even after knowing what happens and how and when it does, it's still a great movie. Other than Daredevil, this would probably the most underrated comic-to-film adaptation I've ever seen. Thomas Jane leads a solid cast and the plot is interesting and complex without losing the audience. Overall, aAs usual, the critics got it wrong with this one. It's been a while since I first saw it but even after knowing what happens and how and when it does, it's still a great movie. Other than Daredevil, this would probably the most underrated comic-to-film adaptation I've ever seen. Thomas Jane leads a solid cast and the plot is interesting and complex without losing the audience. Overall, a very enjoyable experience. Expand
  3. Apr 19, 2011
    Well executed revenge flick, well acted, with great action. But it's not really about revenge, it's punishment! Love that line. Tom Jane is great as the Punisher and I love the music.
  4. Feb 7, 2014
    I love this movie! One of my favorite comic book movies ever! I don't care what critics say about it. I can watch this movie 100 times and not get bored. The scenes with the assassins are easily the best parts and so much fun to watch. Tom Jane will forever be the Punisher to me. Great movie!
  5. Mar 13, 2013
    This movie was meh. I liked the book alot better.
  6. Feb 17, 2012
    Thomas Jane was a good lead and a great pick as the Punisher. The rest of the cast was solid as well but Trevolta was very disapointing, Didnt live up to his name imo. There was a lot of good action scenes as well. However the dialouge between characters was incredibly poor at times and rather disapointing. Still, I have watched it numerous times and I still enjoy it.
  7. Nov 28, 2012
    I actually thoroughly enjoyed this sensibly written film with its complex lead character.
  8. Aug 14, 2014
    Esta es una película de origen, he visto a mucha gente odiándolas... Watchmen, XmenOrigenesWolverine, Hancock etc. Esta película muestra el origen del castigador. Aquí nos muestran como le destrozan la vida a Frank Castle y como la justicia no logra hacer nada, el toma la justicia por sus propias manos. Mírala sabiendo que es para conocer al personaje no para verlo en una súper aventura oEsta es una película de origen, he visto a mucha gente odiándolas... Watchmen, XmenOrigenesWolverine, Hancock etc. Esta película muestra el origen del castigador. Aquí nos muestran como le destrozan la vida a Frank Castle y como la justicia no logra hacer nada, el toma la justicia por sus propias manos. Mírala sabiendo que es para conocer al personaje no para verlo en una súper aventura o eso. Le doy un 07/10 es una película mas que decente. Expand
  9. Feb 22, 2013
    The problem with this movie was that it couldn't make up its mind about what it wanted to be, and this ultimately led to its downfall at the box office. The beginning of the film is really intense and it seems like it's going to be one of those, 'it could happen in real life' comic book adaptations. After the first half hour though, that's gone and replaced with the typical unrealisticThe problem with this movie was that it couldn't make up its mind about what it wanted to be, and this ultimately led to its downfall at the box office. The beginning of the film is really intense and it seems like it's going to be one of those, 'it could happen in real life' comic book adaptations. After the first half hour though, that's gone and replaced with the typical unrealistic bull This film also couldn't decide whether or not it wanted to be PG-13 or R. Ultimately it got the R rating and has the violence that goes with it, but clearly the producers were hoping for the PG-13, and have some really childish parts to it. I hate when that happens, make up your mind! If you're going to be violent and crazy, then go all out, and if not, tone it down and get the PG-13. When they mix both styles, they don't appeal to a larger audience, they appeal to a smaller one. The cast did an adequate job, the story was alright, and the action was pretty cool, but there really isn't much here. Expand
  10. Jan 19, 2012
    This was an average film, at best. The Punisher has its share of bad acting and poor dialogue. I thought Jon Travolta, the movies biggest star, was its biggest detraction. Jon managed to turn the cheese up to 10 in his role as a flamboyant mob boss. I expected more from Jon, seeing how well he played the villain in the movie 'Face/Off' years ago, but alas, the magic didn't carry over toThis was an average film, at best. The Punisher has its share of bad acting and poor dialogue. I thought Jon Travolta, the movies biggest star, was its biggest detraction. Jon managed to turn the cheese up to 10 in his role as a flamboyant mob boss. I expected more from Jon, seeing how well he played the villain in the movie 'Face/Off' years ago, but alas, the magic didn't carry over to this film. I didn't like the films attempt to be 'cheerful' and 'light-hearted,' either. The Punisher finds himself preparing for vengeance while living in an apartment building. Enter 3 oddball neighbors who constantly (and unsuccessfully) try to befriend Frank Castle. I know its an attempt to 'humanize' Frank Castle and make the audience more empathetic towards him, but really, this isn't an episode of Seinfeld. The Punisher is supposed to be about revenge, not comedy. There were some positive things to note in the Punisher, however. The action scenes were good. There was an 80's feel to them, not unlike Arnold Schwarzenger and Steven Seagal movies of yesteryear. There was one fight scene with a WWE wrestler (Kevin Nash) that was particularly good. I also enjoyed a scene where an assassin showed up to a diner and played a song on an acoustic guitar for The Punisher. Overall, The Punisher is a mixed bag. It has some cheesy dialogue and acting, but also has some decent action sequences. I give it a 5/10. Expand
  11. Jul 16, 2012
    A boring movie with no positives. I remember seeing this in the cinema and hating it. Years later after reading the Garth Ennis comics I tried watching it again, on the advice of the friend that leant me the comics. Less then half way through I had to turn it off. If anything it's worse after reading the books. Hammy dialogue, a pointless sequence wherein an armoured car is built thenA boring movie with no positives. I remember seeing this in the cinema and hating it. Years later after reading the Garth Ennis comics I tried watching it again, on the advice of the friend that leant me the comics. Less then half way through I had to turn it off. If anything it's worse after reading the books. Hammy dialogue, a pointless sequence wherein an armoured car is built then destroyed, and an overly elaborate plan that gets thrown away in favour of just shooting everyone. Awful not worth watching at all. Expand
  12. Aug 7, 2013
    The film had potential to be a great dark vigilante revenge thriller, but it's shot down by uneven pacing and a story that displays more explosion than it does emotion.
  13. May 7, 2014
    This movie wasn't as bad as people say it was, as a fan of The Punisher i thought it was decent, it had some good moments, although it didn't follow the comics much. Also Thomas Jane was fantastic as Frank Castle/The Punisher he nailed it. If you haven't watched it give it a shot you might enjoy it.
  14. Jan 30, 2014
    Frank Castle / The Punisher ( Thomas Jane ), a respected FBI agent . He caught the son of Howard Saint ( John Travolta ) on the sale of illegal weapons. Bobby Saint ( James Karpinello ) dies and his father orders his best thugs to kill the entire family Punisher . They find his family on a holiday family reunion in Puerto Rico . Killed his family , his wife and son are killed too .Frank Castle / The Punisher ( Thomas Jane ), a respected FBI agent . He caught the son of Howard Saint ( John Travolta ) on the sale of illegal weapons. Bobby Saint ( James Karpinello ) dies and his father orders his best thugs to kill the entire family Punisher . They find his family on a holiday family reunion in Puerto Rico . Killed his family , his wife and son are killed too . Avenging allegedly killed himself .

Punisher somehow survives and swears revenge on Howard Saint killing his entire family and all his friends . Thereafter, the film starts slowly and boring to talk about becoming a hero avenger. Screenwriter Jonathan Hensleigh sometimes presents jokes , but they are all associated with the bloody felting.

The movie features a lot of scenes that startled wore . Graphically and visually the film can not find fault . But in the film as there is little action scenes for the film about the Punisher . He lives with Dave ( Ben Foster ) , Joan ( Rebecca Romijn ) and Bampo ( John Pinette )

Thomas Jane perfectly fit into the role of the vengeful punisher . But his character I do not empathize because he gets revenge as Howard Saint . Saint From Howard turned out not very charismatic villain . His villain absorbed all cliche villains. Joan could not be a love interest Punisher because he has a wife . In the film, there is nothing unusual . This is a standard and nothing remarkable film.

Howard and punisher fighting as a result of Howard Saint dies and revenge made. Frank Castle goes and calls himself the avenger of crime and hunter Punisher .

Bottom line: The Punisher is a boring film adaptation of becoming a superhero .
    Rating : C +

The Punisher isn't Frank Castle; it's Jonathan Hensleigh. And the punishee is anyone sitting in the audience.
    Among the recent spate of comic-book movies, from "Spider-Man" to the "X-Men," The Punisher is unique.
    Sadly, The Punisher is about little more than bullets hitting bone, and how good it might feel to be on the right end of a gun.