7.9

1. Oct 1, 2010
    An amazing movie with many themes and messages. From the concept of pleasure to human worth this movie is truly a thought provoking interesting viewing experience. The music and wildness is also a plus!
  2. Dec 23, 2014
    The awesome musical cult classic ever made. The characters are memorable, the songs and Tim Curry are freakin awesome. The best song of all time of this film is sweet tranvestite.
  3. Oct 26, 2013
    If you are able to understand the bizarre surroundings, which combines the comedy and other things like music, then you will love it. is a unique film in its kind... Very good movie.
  4. Oct 13, 2013
    The soundtrack is magnificent so many great songs that I cannot pick which is the best; I love Hot Patootie, Science Fiction Double Feature, Sword of Damocles, Eddie, Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me, Sweet Transvestite, Over at the Frankenstein Place, and of course the Time Warp.
    Every character is great in their own way. Tim Curry in his film debut deserved all of his plaudits for mastering the role. Sarandon and Bostwick are very good as what can be seen as the protagonists. O'Brien's Riff Raff is a very interesting character, one of my favourites. Patricia Quinn's Magenta is full of flair. My fellow Aussie Nell Campbell puts in an underrated performance as Columbia. The other four characters- Dr Scott, Rocky Horror, the Criminologist and Eddie also have key supporting roles.
    The plot is genius is a ridiculous sort of way. Transvestites from outer space? As also mentioned by bigj1415, the messages and themes of the film are interesting and thought provoking.
    Overall, the Rocky Horror Picture Show is one of my favourite movies, and I will never deny an opportunity to watch it. 10/10
  5. Jan 5, 2014
    This movie was the 70's to me and a lot of others, great rock and roll, outrageousness and great ballads. The cast is great, and the jokes still pack a punch, warning...this movie still will shock you!
  6. May 21, 2014
    This is by far one of the best musicals ever made. Its so weird that you just cant stop watching, the music is great, the acting is great, and it is very interesting to see how crazy things can truly get. I say its a must watch. Watch it with friends, and family.

1. Reviewed by: Trevor Johnston
    Mar 22, 2014
    The material inspires affection, given its knowing pastiche of everything from Universal horrors to '50s grade-Z sci-fi, and a shamelessly hedonistic, fiercely independent sensibility that must have seemed a welcome relief from the mainstream bombast of other '70s musicals.
    Dr. Furter is played by a British actor named Tim Curry, who bears a certain resemblance to Loretta Young in drag. He's the best thing in the movie, maybe because he seems to be having the most fun.
  3. Reviewed by:  Variety Staff
    Most of the jokes that might have seemed jolly fun on stage now appear obvious and even flat. The sparkle's gone.