7.8

1. AdamT.
    Mar 22, 2010
    The Worst Movie I have ever seen. Horrible cast, And their music sucks. Kristen Stewart was not the right actress for this role. Her movies even suck.
  2. pattiF
    May 2, 2010
    Meh, the soundtrack was good. I don't remember Joan Jett being so awkward. Overall, I wish I had waited for it to be available on HBO or something. As a story, it didn't get my attention as much as the documentary that was done a few years back.
  3. Abbylee
    Mar 25, 2010
    Kristen Stewart was not spot on as Joan Jett. She was awful and it was obvious that she was trying to be punk. It was like watching Bella Swan with black eyeliner. She only knows how to play herself and that's not a good thing. The struggle to attempt to show emotion is always evident. Dakota Fanning showed some range and gave a convincing performance as Cherie, though some scenes Kristen Stewart was not spot on as Joan Jett. She was awful and it was obvious that she was trying to be punk. It was like watching Bella Swan with black eyeliner. She only knows how to play herself and that's not a good thing. The struggle to attempt to show emotion is always evident. Dakota Fanning showed some range and gave a convincing performance as Cherie, though some scenes seemed too forced, which could be her fault or the fault of the director or the scipt. Michael Shannon was brilliant. Some lines were way too cheesy to be cool. Expand
  4. IAC
    Nov 24, 2012
    This movie confused the definitively passive Cherie Currie with anything even closely resembling a protagonist. Fanning's performance was good, but the story was miswritten, and should have focused on the character who actually drove the action, made the decisions, and who was in every way the hero: Joan Jett. The conflict was unclear, Currie gave us nothing to root for, and it fell backThis movie confused the definitively passive Cherie Currie with anything even closely resembling a protagonist. Fanning's performance was good, but the story was miswritten, and should have focused on the character who actually drove the action, made the decisions, and who was in every way the hero: Joan Jett. The conflict was unclear, Currie gave us nothing to root for, and it fell back on the typical story of a rock star brought low by the lifestyle. The movie was soft-spoken and meandering; completely at odds with the hard-nosed grit of its subject matter. There's a good story somewhere in the history of the Runaways, but this wasn't it. Expand

Far from a perfect movie, but there are moments when it comes about as close to catching the visceral kick of the pre-iPod rock experience as any film I've ever seen.
  2. In patches it's agreeably lurid, but it's otherwise ho-hum.
  3. The vigor and pace is electric, and the movie features three showy performances by Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning and Michael Shannon.