7.8

1. AdamT.
    Mar 22, 2010
    The Worst Movie I have ever seen. Horrible cast, And their music sucks. Kristen Stewart was not the right actress for this role. Her movies even suck.
  2. pattiF
    May 2, 2010
    Meh, the soundtrack was good. I don't remember Joan Jett being so awkward. Overall, I wish I had waited for it to be available on HBO or something. As a story, it didn't get my attention as much as the documentary that was done a few years back.
  3. Abbylee
    Mar 25, 2010
    Kristen Stewart was not spot on as Joan Jett. She was awful and it was obvious that she was trying to be punk. It was like watching Bella Swan with black eyeliner. She only knows how to play herself and that's not a good thing. The struggle to attempt to show emotion is always evident. Dakota Fanning showed some range and gave a convincing performance as Cherie, though some scenes Kristen Stewart was not spot on as Joan Jett. She was awful and it was obvious that she was trying to be punk. It was like watching Bella Swan with black eyeliner. She only knows how to play herself and that's not a good thing. The struggle to attempt to show emotion is always evident. Dakota Fanning showed some range and gave a convincing performance as Cherie, though some scenes seemed too forced, which could be her fault or the fault of the director or the scipt. Michael Shannon was brilliant. Some lines were way too cheesy to be cool. Expand

Far from a perfect movie, but there are moments when it comes about as close to catching the visceral kick of the pre-iPod rock experience as any film I've ever seen.
  2. In patches it's agreeably lurid, but it's otherwise ho-hum.
  3. The vigor and pace is electric, and the movie features three showy performances by Kristen Stewart, Dakota Fanning and Michael Shannon.