Buena Vista Pictures | Release Date: November 3, 2006
4.8
Mixed or average reviews based on 54 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MasterRileyFeb 15, 2017
The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause is overall an enjoyable film but isn't quite as memorable as the first two. The premise of this movie is a little far fetched causing the movie to get weird at times. Charlie was one of my favouriteThe Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause is overall an enjoyable film but isn't quite as memorable as the first two. The premise of this movie is a little far fetched causing the movie to get weird at times. Charlie was one of my favourite characters from the first two, and unfortunately he's barely in this third instalment. I'd still recommend watching it after seeing the first two however as it is still enjoyable. Expand
guitarguy001Nov 24, 2016
While this movie is nowhere near as good as the first two, The Santa Clause 3 is a decent movie to watch around the Christmas season. The story is that Mrs. Claus and Santa Claus are having a baby and must prepare for it while Jack Frost isWhile this movie is nowhere near as good as the first two, The Santa Clause 3 is a decent movie to watch around the Christmas season. The story is that Mrs. Claus and Santa Claus are having a baby and must prepare for it while Jack Frost is causing mischief and havoc for the hopes of taking Santa's coat and become the new Santa. All the while, Mrs. Clause's parents are coming to visit her and Santa must try and keep the identity of the North Pole a secret from them.

To be honest, while Tim Allen is certainly not giving his A-game here, I thought he did fine as Santa. Maybe because his overall appearance as Santa is very convincing but I thought Tim Allen didn't do that bad and did a decent job. There are some scenes where he's clearly phoning it in but it kind of adds to his charm, at least to me. Martin Short as Jack Frost is probably the best thing in this movie. He's so slimy and hammy that you basically can't help but smile or laugh when he shows up. He's probably the most lively thing in this entire movie.

The overall makeup and set design is pretty good. The makeup on most of the characters look good, Tim Allen as Santa looks great (one of the better renditions of Santa in terms of looks and appearance in my book), Jack Frost looks good and the North Pole as a whole looks really neat. The movie looks pretty good in general and the shots of the North Pole look pretty nice.

However, the problem with this movie is that outside of Martin Short, most people didn't seem to care about what they were doing and everyone at some point decided to just phone it in and you can tell with the overall writing. Most of the jokes aren't funny and the story is either non-existent, inconsistent or very dull. The actors don't seem to help much either. Martin Short is the most lively and energetic character/thing in this entire movie and Tim Allen does try in some scenes, in particular during the 3rd act, but actors like Spencer Breslin and Alan Arkin just didn't seem to care at all. Breslin in particular just sounds so incredibly bored and forced that every time he shows up it's so cringe inducing.

The movie not as good as the other two but as a movie to watch around the Christmas time, I think it's a decent watch. Martin Short as Jack Frost will keep your attention and the overall look of the movie is pretty nice. It's a decent movie and pass-time during the holidays.
FreedomFightersNov 6, 2016
I supposed it couldn't hold on forever. While "The Santa Clause" was pretty good, and "The Santa Clause 2" was not bad, "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" is legitimately bad (4 out of 10 is not "mixed" in my book, 4 out of 10 is "bad."I supposed it couldn't hold on forever. While "The Santa Clause" was pretty good, and "The Santa Clause 2" was not bad, "The Santa Clause 3: The Escape Clause" is legitimately bad (4 out of 10 is not "mixed" in my book, 4 out of 10 is "bad." Just saying). The effort in making something new and interesting just isn't there, and it feels like the movie was made to make more money. It's a boring retread of previous films, only really featuring Jack Frost as a way of making the film feel slightly more interesting (again, slightly). The only reason I can't go much lower than a 4 is because it's perfect for young children. Otherwise, you should probably steer clear of it and search out better Christmas films. It's not the absolute worst-thing you'll see, but it's definitely not good, and there are definitely far better Holiday options than this film. Expand
gameguardian21Aug 25, 2016
This movie is so boring and dumb that to me, I wouldn't even recommend to people who celebrate Christmas. I haven't seen the other films, but I probably wont because there probably just as bad as this film that doesn't feel like a film.
SimpsonFansAug 11, 2016
Totally awful movie. The acting, the story, and the directing were sub par. I do not recommend you waste your time or money on this movie. So you had better be off seeing the first two movies instead.
EpicLadySpongeApr 6, 2016
Shining's over, mates. It tried to jump over the shark, but the shark managed to kill it and then completely swallow it afterwards. Tim Allen, the Santa Clause days are now over for you.
kyle20ellisJan 7, 2016
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Love this holiday film, one of the best holiday movies ever made! There is so much laugh-out-load moments for all the family with such a lovely cast, an amazing story line and a warming family movie! Expand
CineAutoctonoDec 25, 2015
Now comes the sequel to The Santa Clause 3 , and a conflict between Santa Claus and Jack Frost, but to top it an absurd and meaningless script and a decorated classics that are not very safe resaltables Yde could ruin a child 's childhood inNow comes the sequel to The Santa Clause 3 , and a conflict between Santa Claus and Jack Frost, but to top it an absurd and meaningless script and a decorated classics that are not very safe resaltables Yde could ruin a child 's childhood in a christmas, jolly incomfortable. Expand
oxanaAug 25, 2014
The most brilliant thing about this movie was Martin Short as Jack Frost. So slippery, so evil, so very funny.

This movie is a bit more amusing than the second movie managed to be, but what weights down the rating for me is the über lame ending! And the overacting brought to us by the parents of Charlie when they finally get to the North Pole.

So, what is this movie about?

Mrs. Santa is pregnant and missing "tall people", so Santa decides to transform North Pole into some kind of Canadian village and bring over his wife's family - and his own as it happens.

The reindeers are still making funny noises (they did that in the second movie too), the in-laws are kind of confused by the "short people", and some of the events that take place are sort of weird too.

And then there is Jack Frost, who apparently controls the winter although no-one's ever heard of him, and he is very interested to be Santa's Little Helper - although he's aiming for Santa's coat for real.

Santa is busy and stressed, neglecting his wife and family, but naturally comes to realize his error once that all is taken from him. Not very shocking, that, but nonetheless, a decent movie worth watching at least once.
MovieGuysApr 13, 2014
Thank god for Martin Short, as he is the only saving grace in this sinking film franchise. But even he can't save the ship, because it has too many holes that can never be filled up, even if the movie tries to pile on more and more gags andThank god for Martin Short, as he is the only saving grace in this sinking film franchise. But even he can't save the ship, because it has too many holes that can never be filled up, even if the movie tries to pile on more and more gags and slapstick humor. Expand
Jac648Dec 1, 2012
Forget the horrible ratings, this is a great cheesy movie to get you Christmas spirit on! I honestly don't understand why this film is receiving so much crap! Also, Martin Short does a really good Santa!
AmazingWatchDec 4, 2011
KyleU.Mar 19, 2007
Total CRAP!! After seeing this movie, I have lost all respect for Tim Allen and Martin Short. The only way you'd possibly like this movie is if you were 3 years old. Terrible acting! I can't believe I wasted 6 bucks on it! CRAP!
JH.Jan 17, 2007
It's Christmas season so obviously, Tim Allen has to milk the holiday for all that it's worth by putting out another lame, derivative, pointless movie.
DonW.Jan 7, 2007
I hope the next movie will be Santa Clause- The Death Clause. Totally awful movie. The acting, the story, and the directing were sub par. I dont recommend you waste your time or money on this movie.
JG.Nov 15, 2006
I think the SC3 was very good, ok not quite as good as the first 2 but still better than I was expecting... I think Jack S. needs to get into the Christmas spirit and not judge a move by the soundtrack or a speech problem a character has!
GerrickC.Nov 6, 2006
Personally, the whole Santa Claus thing with Scott Calvin has overstayed its welcome. Okay, the idea of Short as Jack Frost is cute, but ultimately is pretty lame.
DougM.Nov 4, 2006
I just saw the movie and now I am going to watch the first two films again. I think this carries on the spirit well.
TylerM.Nov 4, 2006
This was the best of the trilogy. I will see it again. You will get in the holiday mood.
DavidR.Nov 4, 2006
Better than the second one but not as good as the first. Tim Allen's acting is getting worse and worse as he ages and Martin Short is as good as ever in a character he was born to play. But the real star of this movie is Judge Better than the second one but not as good as the first. Tim Allen's acting is getting worse and worse as he ages and Martin Short is as good as ever in a character he was born to play. But the real star of this movie is Judge Reinhold's shirt. The shirt alone gets 5 points, one point goes to Short and the other point goes to Kevin Pollack who shows up shirtless as Cupid. Allen, take some acting lessons! Expand
W.VanNov 4, 2006
If you enjoyed the original you will enjoy this one as well. Better then the 2nd but not quite as good as the first.
CassieB.Nov 4, 2006
Not too bad. There's a few funny parts, and a few others that tug at your heartstrings at least a little. The really good news is this: Martin Short does a great Jack Frost, and the movie is a lot better than the second one (although Not too bad. There's a few funny parts, and a few others that tug at your heartstrings at least a little. The really good news is this: Martin Short does a great Jack Frost, and the movie is a lot better than the second one (although not as good as the first). Expand
JackS.Nov 4, 2006
This movie was bad from all angles. 1. the story really never started until the last 30 minutes. 2. the musical score was not even christmas style music and they only used one christmas song that I can remember in the soundtrack. 3. There This movie was bad from all angles. 1. the story really never started until the last 30 minutes. 2. the musical score was not even christmas style music and they only used one christmas song that I can remember in the soundtrack. 3. There was no Scott Calvin sarcasm. This whole movie was slapstick. Not what we fell in love with in the first movie. 4. There was no reason for Mrs. Clause to be pregnant. There was no reason for Scott Calvin to bring his exwife and her husband to the north pole. they were useless characters and not apart of the story. And worst of all the #1 elf was so annoying with his lisp that I wanted to punch him. The should have paid the money it cost to bring Bernard back for the role. Do not waste your money. Not even at matinee prices. The story was written so poorly that I was angry when I left and not in the christmas spirit. Not one thing made me laugh. I laughed so hard in the first one. Expand
MIkeA.Nov 3, 2006
Lame, boring and Martin Short deserves a Razzie for worst irritating actor.
PabloR.Nov 3, 2006
Snore Me a River!!! Santa....zZZZZZ...oops i fell asleep saying the title. Put it this way, if you have been cramming for Midterms, go here and it'll let you catch up on sleep.