The Scorpion King

5.3

1. Mar 15, 2012
    My god what the fu** have you people done,there is no real story,the main character is bloody invincible and there is no logic behind anything that happens in the whole movie
  2. JaredC.
    Aug 1, 2007
    For me, this is a huge letdown. It didn't give the point nor reason why they call it The Scorpian King. It just is, because it mentions it in The Mummy movies and as a joke one time in this. But really, the writing is fine but things aren't as expected in this movie, the acting by the Rock is horrible, his acting here will give him roles in the future that are almost so bad, For me, this is a huge letdown. It didn't give the point nor reason why they call it The Scorpian King. It just is, because it mentions it in The Mummy movies and as a joke one time in this. But really, the writing is fine but things aren't as expected in this movie, the acting by the Rock is horrible, his acting here will give him roles in the future that are almost so bad, that its corny. But the movie is nothing more than a wrestler in a story with cheeze. Expand
  3. DougDiggidy
    Oct 7, 2002
    I like the Rock, but this movie should have never been made. the only reason i gave it 1 point is becuase ive never actually seen it! lol! But the trailers and commercials i've seen for it are so bad it almost comes to the point of angering me.
  4. BubbaFresh
    Oct 5, 2002
    Just like everything else Vince McMahon touches lately, this movie goes down the sh.tter. You can tell when a movie is crap when you can honestly state that the camel can outmatch the entire cast intellectually.Constant sexual teases make you realize why "nobody likes a tease". I would have given this movie "2" for the 2 times that I was minimally entertained, but then I remember that I Just like everything else Vince McMahon touches lately, this movie goes down the sh.tter. You can tell when a movie is crap when you can honestly state that the camel can outmatch the entire cast intellectually.Constant sexual teases make you realize why "nobody likes a tease". I would have given this movie "2" for the 2 times that I was minimally entertained, but then I remember that I actually paid money to see this so I took away one to get vengence. Expand
  5. PaulF.
    Oct 3, 2002
    Jeez, I go to this movie hoping for some good stupid fun trash and all i got was stupid trash. The Rock could've been a contender, but it ends up tasting like the beer Conan pissed out.
  6. GauriS.
    Jun 17, 2002
    Nothing special about this movie. Decent special effects, but it had nothing to do with The Mummy.
  7. Melissa
    May 10, 2002
    The movie jumps right into action yet because it is so stupid it makes the movie funny. But we all must remember that The Rock is new to acting so of course it wasnt going to be perfect. Scorpion King sucks!!!
  8. RoxanneC.
    May 1, 2002
    This movie just kept on going with a plot to keep the main charachter alive. I can not keep track of how many times the Rock get's hurt but doesn't die. The squeeky voiced dude sounds strangely like the other squeeky voiced guy in The Mummy. The Rock does a good job, but convienently has friends everywhere to save him. Only good for people looking for nonstop action with no blood.
  9. SethB.
    Apr 21, 2002
    No, the Rock cannot act, we all knew that. I don't blame him though. He isn't the first action star who couldn't act. This movie was bad due to the directing. If Rock looks bad it's the director's job to make him look good, which didn't happen here. It's as if no one in the movie cared about their part in the movie, so why should anyone else?
  10. TaylorK.
    Apr 20, 2002
    One of the worst movies I have ever seen. The rock has been a bad actor sine Mummy Returns and well...he didnt change for this movie. It's a predicable chessy movie...I laughed the last 10 minutes of the movie it was so cheesy!!!
  11. CliffW.
    Apr 20, 2002
    Despite his looks, the rock does _not_ know how to act very well. He does however make wrestling look real.

1. The Rock manages to play both with a crude candor more genuine than the entertaining if contrived spectacle around him, and a surprising big-screen charisma and ease that makes him a natural-born screen hero.
    The good news about The Scorpion King is that The Rock turns out to be a charismatic, ingratiating screen presence.
  3. Isn't incompetent; it's just plodding and obvious. If anything holds it together, it's The Rock's ironic ability to tread lightly, which the movie is neither fast nor inventive enough to recognize as different from the spirit of Arnold.