5.4

1. Oct 8, 2014
    I was fairly young when this came out and since I was a very huge fan of The Rock I thought this movie was the greatest thing ever. Getting older I still consider this a favorite, it is a great action flick for the ancient sword swinging era. The big burly muscular presence I think was greatly revitalized by Dwayne Johnson. That being said, I don't think there is a character that had fitI was fairly young when this came out and since I was a very huge fan of The Rock I thought this movie was the greatest thing ever. Getting older I still consider this a favorite, it is a great action flick for the ancient sword swinging era. The big burly muscular presence I think was greatly revitalized by Dwayne Johnson. That being said, I don't think there is a character that had fit him so well as being the scorpion king ever since. Packs the punch you'd expect. well choreographed fight scenes that stay consistent, nothing too impractical, the plot is relatively sound. Only issue being his correlation with a scorpion and why that is significant enough to be his title, and his perceived "destiny" by the sorceress seemed to not be all that dramatic when he was confronted by it could have been more in depth a suspenseful, not too annoying though. They did good with his support, his enemy isn't so much a match of strength but skill, his side-kicks are a funny pansy type guy, an inventor, and a beautiful woman, no one to upstage him...Considering the WWE had a lot to do with this film, they did it well, played to the strengths of a charismatic actor. Worth a watch. Expand
  2. Sep 25, 2013
    Entertaining and solid action as well. Certainly worth watching if you are a fan of the Mummy films and it's a pretty solid prequel. Sure it's flawed story wise and all that jazz but it's still worth checking out.
  3. Nov 25, 2012
    If we restrict ratings to movies starring former 'rasslers, this might rate 6-7 from me (top honors going to "They Live" with 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper). But, overall, I find this to be below average. It's mildly entertaining, but just doesn't have that 'special hook'. If you want sword-and-sorcery action, you'd do much better sticking with the "Conan" movies. About the only draw I can see,If we restrict ratings to movies starring former 'rasslers, this might rate 6-7 from me (top honors going to "They Live" with 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper). But, overall, I find this to be below average. It's mildly entertaining, but just doesn't have that 'special hook'. If you want sword-and-sorcery action, you'd do much better sticking with the "Conan" movies. About the only draw I can see, is 'The Rock', which will no doubt bring in the 'rasslin' fans. Otherwise, the story is tripe. The comedy is forced (sticking with the cowardly side-kick and the smart-ass kid format). I should state that I haven't watched this in a theatre, or the DVD version - merely the televised version(s). However, I really don't sense I'm missing much Expand
  4. Nov 12, 2012
    It sizzles with dirty delights. Scorpion King is action packed, sexy, and even, to my surprise, decently filmed.
  5. Mar 15, 2012
    My god what the fu** have you people done,there is no real story,the main character is bloody invincible and there is no logic behind anything that happens in the whole movie
  6. Jan 24, 2012
    Just like the first Mummy film, The film has that "It" factor and it truely is an enjoyable film. A solid prequel (at least for the Mummy series) and good action through out (I would say the best in the first 3 films). It is a little corny at times though and that takes away from the film quite a bit. Overall though, It wasnt bad and its worth the watch.
  7. Oct 14, 2011
    This might be the most underrated movie I have ever seen. The thing about this movie is that it doesn't take itself seriously, and nobody watching it should either. The Rock is perfect in this, slightly corny and with a subtle feeling throughout that he's just about to break the fourth wall. Overall, we end up with a movie that has plenty of action for action fans and a great sense of humor.
  8. Oct 10, 2011
    Fan-freaking-tastic the kind of movie you'll remember and have in your collection for years, it's got action and humor, and it's just so enjoyable that you have to have something wrong with you not to like this movie, a must see.

1. The Rock manages to play both with a crude candor more genuine than the entertaining if contrived spectacle around him, and a surprising big-screen charisma and ease that makes him a natural-born screen hero.
    The good news about The Scorpion King is that The Rock turns out to be a charismatic, ingratiating screen presence.
  3. Isn't incompetent; it's just plodding and obvious. If anything holds it together, it's The Rock's ironic ability to tread lightly, which the movie is neither fast nor inventive enough to recognize as different from the spirit of Arnold.