7.7

1. Jul 8, 2014
    Started of really, really slow. It is a good thing that it got better as the movie went on or it would have been a really bad movie. Acting was really good by Ben Stiller as he seem to fit his role really well. Got predictable at time but was an overall average movie.
  2. Jun 29, 2014
    A flawed, but very enjoyable movie, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty shows that Ben Stiller might have an impressive career as a director ahead of him. It's enjoyably off kilter, ambitious, and decently uplifting. The visual effects are solid, often helping to create some impressive and funny scenes. That being said, the presentation of the movie sometimes feels overly commercialized, and something about the film feels too airy and weightless. I'd still say however, that if you walk away from this movie not feeling somewhat inspired, or at least happy, that you're being way too cynical. It was too resonant and atmospheric to leave me disappointed. Expand
  3. Jun 8, 2014
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty has proven that BenStiller can still make good movies. Thelot was complex and intricate, and kept you wanting more. The cinematography was excellent. I cannot imagine why someone would not like this movie.
  4. Jun 1, 2014
    While not every single granule of logic lines up in Ben Stiller's fifth directorial effort, "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty" still remains a visual treat that acts as more than a testament to Stiller's fine directorial powers.
  5. May 25, 2014
    I loved the cinematography, It was beautiful to look at. Ben Stiller really showed his passion for photography.

The performances were honest and sweet, the plot was touching.

I get the feeling critics have become so cynical of Stiller that they missed maybe his defining movie so far.
  6. May 25, 2014
    As many others have said on metacritic, the Metascore for The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is just wrong. Its one of the best movies I have watched this year, mixing tasteful and (sometimes) subtle comedy, with a story that the majority can relate to. Even though Walters character differs near the end, it is a must see.
  7. May 23, 2014
    Sweet and funny, even if it is mostly formulaic and predictable. Stiller does manage to keep the movie watchable and most importantly enjoyable throughout. Overall despite the film's slow moments and predictable plot elements, it's just nice to watch something completely uplifting and (mostly) wholesome. It's a feel good type movie that does what it sets out to do. My total score is a 7.5/10=Good.
  8. May 17, 2014
    I was inspired at the end i love how it shows that even a day dreamer can live it helped me get out of a dark place in my life and it should have a higher score then it got
  9. Apr 29, 2014
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty was unfortunately a bit of a disappointment. It had all of the pieces in place to be one of those great movies that combine a certain innocent charm with insight and introspection to deliver a heartfelt and emotional movie that anyone can relate to. However, instead of putting that all together in a fashion that feels genuine, like The Truman Show for example, it just feels like it's missing something. Ben Stiller is great and Kristen Wiig, Shirley MacLaine, and Patton Oswalt (among others) do a great job in their supporting roles, albeit far shorter than they should've been. I think the big problem was Adam Scott's character. People like that are so seldom they almost don't even exist and this movie hinging on his "bullying" made it tough to relate to. I don't mind that the pace was slow either. I expected that. I didn't expect for the film to build to a moment of revelation only to end abruptly and without much to hang your hat on, so to speak. Expand
  10. Apr 29, 2014
    With its grand visuals and unique storytelling, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is ambitious, however, the execution is too shallow to execute its aspirations.
  11. Apr 27, 2014
    i am no big fan of ben stiller but WOW the movie completely amaze me, it is inspiring one, the characters is well made, the soundtracks are awesome, the movie is a mini masterpiece and when you end watching it you will have very good feelings i guarantee it .
    i don't know why the movie has such low metascore or how it didn't got any major awards but i definitely know it worth every second
    of watching . Expand
  12. Apr 26, 2014
    Weird movie. Not entirely sure how I felt about it. If you just watch it for the kind of interesting adventure and forget all the other nonsense it works well enough. There were good moments independent of the rest if the film.
  13. Apr 24, 2014
    Okay, so The Secret Life of Walter Mitty doesn't relate to the book at all, besides Walter's daydreams, but it's still very funny! I especially liked the fight with the Stretch Armstrong doll!
  14. Apr 22, 2014
    Walter Mitty (Stiller) works for Life magazine who, following a corporate takeover, are about to publish their final print issue. Having never done much of note in his life Mitty spends most of his life daydreaming, often about ways to impress co-worker Cheryl (Wiig). When a photograph, needed for Life's final cover, goes missing Mitty sets out on an adventure that takes in Greenland, Iceland and Afghanistan.

Ben Stiller is unusually restrained in the lead role but puts in a superb performance as the socially awkward Mitty and the supporting cast are equally as well cast. The cinematography is stunning and, whilst the pacing is perhaps a little uneven at times, it rarely detracts from Mitty's feel good journey.

You'd have to have a heart of stone not to be touched by this movie.
  15. Apr 19, 2014
    The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty is a film that has to be seeing.
    Very beautiful.
    In the beginning we are in his fantasy and after we are not pretty sure that it is his reality that he live.
    It is good to see a good movie.
  16. Apr 15, 2014
    GREAT movie! I do not understand the low reviews given here. Makes me wonder how many good movies I may have missed by screening them based on their ratings here and elsewhere.
    As for the movie, it was an interesting take on the short story.
  17. Apr 15, 2014
    As we know that Ben Stiller is a fine actor mostly in comical roles. But no one ever used better than himself in his own directions. Yes, most of his great performances and movies came under his steering of the ship. This is the one more movie where he exposed his creativity in filmmaking as well as acting.

'The Secret Life of Walter Mitty' was anticipated to be one of an Oscar node for
    the 86th ceremonial season, but failed unexpectedly. That did not stop the movie to the viewers to enchant with its beautiful contents. The movie was shot in many exotic places around the world, especially the sub-arctic countries like Greenland, Iceland et cetera are so alluring. According to the story the movie won't stick to the same location for more than 15-20 minutes. The constant change of places played a vital role in the movie's successive cinematographic presentation.

It was a refreshing movie compared to the movies that released in the same year. In everything, from the distinct characters to the places it takes place to the technical parts. Those places as they say were not exactly the same. Most of them were shot in a studio and the rest were the magic of special effects.

Like I always say critics are a bad influence for creative movie like this. This movie was thrashed by them, but movie fanatics are the one who stood by the side so I am happy to be one and I loved this movie. This movie was based on the short story of the same name that was published in a magazine in 1939 and was second movie adaptation after the 1947 version. If you are looking for a variety in a movie well here it is.
  18. Apr 14, 2014
    Этот фильм стоит у меня на первом месте в избранном. В этом фильме я узнал себя, свою скучную жизнь. Этот фильм заставляет задуматься и сделать что то безумное и веселое, сделать себя счастливым. Об этом фильме можно разговаривать часами и пересматривать снова и снова!
    Просто останьтесь один дома и посмотрите этот фильм, вы не пожалеете!
  19. Apr 12, 2014
    It's a decent movie about finding the adventure in your life, but it isn't really as inspiring as it should be. It's a little bit too corny and too straightforward, when subtlety should have been the best way to go.
  20. Apr 7, 2014
    Seriously underrated movie that was well acted and kept you interested from start to finish. Starts off a bit slow but it definitely picks. One of the best movies I have seen in a long time and I would definitely recommend it.
  21. Apr 1, 2014
    A celebration of life. Of living actually life. Really good photography. It´s really good developed story. Really good acting. The hallucinations were great. Delirium rules!
  22. Apr 1, 2014
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a very nice film from Ben Stiller. And "nice" is the best word for it, indeed. Everything from the plot to the comedy to the emotional impact is all very nice. It's just... Nice. But like all "nice" things, it's also rarely exceptional. But if you want a nice mild experience to wash over you, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty does the business.
  23. Mar 29, 2014
    A fantastic uplifting romp through the power of inspiration and imagination. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is much more than one would expect with a strong dose of sensibility from Stiller and a tactic refusal to use comedy as a recovery tool as so many movies do today.

Stiller shows a wide range of acting chops in Life which, at the end of the day, raise this romantic comedy drama
    adventure to heights it would otherwise have missed. One of the better movies of the year and deserving of a much greater Metacritic score than the analytical critics have seen fit to deliver.

This is a movie you won't regret seeing. Just be sure to open your eyes and see your way to the end.
  24. Mar 24, 2014
    The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is the best movie I have seen this year so far. The Metascore is way too low on this one - the landscapes featured in the movie alone were worth the price of the ticket.
  25. Mar 5, 2014
    this shows greatness of adventure stiller steped up his game for once and took and great master peace. i am so gonna get this ondemand . finally a movie that i am never gonna forgot .
  26. Mar 3, 2014
    I'll let you in on a little secret: metacritic scores don't mean anything. That being said, I liked this film. Sure, there are beautiful shots blended with vaguely charming performances and plot--both seemingly intentionally understated. BUT--that isn't why I liked it. I saw this at a time when when I could really relate to the struggle of reconnecting with that adventurous spirit that used to keep the Big Gray Nothing at bay. Thanks, Ben and co.--I needed the subtle reminder. Expand
  27. Feb 17, 2014
    Half drama half comedy, its a pleasant movie that I won't ever watch again.

Everything looks ok in this movie, but nothing is great. It explores well the conformism of people, has great scenarios, acting is fine, drama is ok, comedy is below what I hoped for, not really a movie to make you laugh, more like a drama to watch with a smile in your face.

My negative criticism goes to the
    particularity of the main character, which feels like it serves no purpose whatsoever in the movie, other than to make the character uniquely weird. It could have focused more on that and make some twists with it. Expand
  28. Feb 11, 2014
    One day, we were sitting at home, and the old version of this movie was on TLC. I cringed through it, and when he took us to see the new one, I was worried with the reviews and because I didn't like the older one. However, I came out pleasantly surprised.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is about overcoming trials. It's easy to daydream about fantastic solutions, but you'll never grow
    up and overcome them unless you get out there to face the things that haunt you. I really felt that this movie highlighted it much better than the older version.

The movie has a very subtle hint of humor. It took me a moment to follow along with the script, but by the middle of the movie, I was laughing and really mentally interacting with Walter's story. Ben Stiller is normally not one of my favorites, but this was really one of his better jobs. The critics are just a little over critical of it. It's a good pick-me-up movie for anyone facing life's challenges, and I actually left a little inspired.
  29. Feb 7, 2014
    While it doesn't follow the plot of the short story, it still has the charm. The characters are interesting and fun, the cinematography is Oscar worthy, and it is well written.
  30. Feb 4, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie but i think it needed something, but i can't quite put my finger on it but i thought this movie is very inspiring for those who want adventurer but don't think they could but by showing that someone who only thinks about a job and trying to impress a woman he likes, that adventure can lead you to memories that you will have forever, i think that everyone should try a do something that could be life changing and this movie shows just that. Expand

Exquisitely produced, immaculately acted, and thoroughly uninvolving, The Secret Life of Walter Mitty is a perfect nothing of a movie.
  2. Reviewed by: Peter Travers
    Dec 28, 2013
    In his uniquely funny and unexpectedly tender movie, Stiller takes us on a personal journey of lingering resonance.
  3. Reviewed by: Joe Morgenstern
    Dec 28, 2013
    Impressive landscapes, plus Kristen Wiig's appealing Cheryl, the fellow worker who inflames Walter's passion, make the movie enjoyable enough. Yet its style is a constant bafflement.