7.3

1. ChrisD.
    Sep 26, 2003
    My dad, who's a dentist, and i were equally befuddled as to why this movie is so well received. we were the only persons in the theatre and for good reason. the film is a dog.
  2. BillJ.
    Jan 31, 2004
    Utterly boring! 60 minutes in and I had to look at the DVD box to see how much longer to this was over. I like the quote below which hits the nail on the head, no story, except that of the boring day-to-day travails of a two boring people adults living out their meaningless and inconsequential lives: The New Republic / Stanley Kauffmann: It has almost no story: its claim on our interest Utterly boring! 60 minutes in and I had to look at the DVD box to see how much longer to this was over. I like the quote below which hits the nail on the head, no story, except that of the boring day-to-day travails of a two boring people adults living out their meaningless and inconsequential lives: The New Republic / Stanley Kauffmann: It has almost no story: its claim on our interest is in the texture of family life, which is what really fills the screen. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    Director Alan Rudolph achieves fresh as well as humorous insights into family life and strategies for keeping a damaged relationship from expiring. But a tiresome final act proves trying.
    While it's Dave's madly humming brain that propels the film, Davis, whose every glance is a short story in itself, makes Dana's internal crisis equally resonant.
  3. Don't let unpleasant personal dental associations stand in the way of seeing a luminous specimen of independent filmmaking.