6.5

1. May 23, 2011
    A fashionista's dream came true, The September Issue is a lovely documentary about two figures (Wintour and Coddington) on a heavy mission. It's the less cynical side of The Devil Wears Prada (2006) but still highly entertaining.
  2. Dec 8, 2011
    Was I watchin' the Disk 2 extra features? It's not even a movie. It's a goddamn interview, a goddamn 'feature disk' that doesn't have plot, doesn't have even 2.1 channel, subtitles, and doesn't even have a proper intro. Yes, it's a real Anna Wintour. So what? There was simply no heart in making this so-called movie.

1. Reviewed by: Whitney Borup
    A wonderful film, and one with vast appeal. Giving us everything we have come to expect from our fashion-centered programming and more, we are left with the sense that we have uncovered a mystery.
  2. Reviewed by: Justin Lowe
    Consistent with her ice queen reputation, Wintour is often disconcertingly direct and frequently unfeeling, though not without a dry sense of humor.
  3. Reviewed by: Justin Chang
    A dishy and engrossing peek inside the fashion world’s corridors of power -- every bit as slickly packaged as the publication it seeks to uncover.