5.3

1. EricaJ.
    Aug 11, 2006
    I thought it was pretty good, definetly a good family movie. If I were still a kid i'd of loved it.
  2. Aug 14, 2010
    Shaggy Dog is a random movie. It is about a guy who gets bitten by a dog called Shaggy and he goes through a transformation process. After a couple of days, any time his heart rate goes high, he turns into a dog. When he is the dog, when his heart rate slows, he turns back to human - with no clothes. It was a pretty good movie, but there wasn't really an antagonist. Robert Downey Jr. wasShaggy Dog is a random movie. It is about a guy who gets bitten by a dog called Shaggy and he goes through a transformation process. After a couple of days, any time his heart rate goes high, he turns into a dog. When he is the dog, when his heart rate slows, he turns back to human - with no clothes. It was a pretty good movie, but there wasn't really an antagonist. Robert Downey Jr. was the actor who played the antagonist, but he didn't really do much in his role. 6. Expand
  3. Katherine
    Jul 28, 2006
    When will Hollywood learn that being original and creative is always the best way to go. Instead they make re-makes of movies. Don't you hate it when they make terrible re-makes just for money? I sure do hate it. I don't know where Hollywood is going.
  4. AndyG.
    Mar 2, 2007
    Probably the worst movie I have ever seen. Only enjoyable if you enjoy the highest levels of irony.
  5. christosK.
    Mar 25, 2006
    Its Good.
  6. ShellyC.
    Aug 6, 2006
    This movie is perfect for the whole family and children love it.
  7. BillBob
    Mar 23, 2006
    Hopefully, being a dog for a short amount of time will shorten Tim Allen's lifespan. Another flop, Disney. Another flop.
  8. ClarisseP.
    Jun 12, 2006
    A flop. This is one of the worst movie of this year. Tell me why did the great Robert Downey Jr play in this movie?
  9. cybrswt
    Aug 1, 2006
    My six year liked it, I thought it was really bad movie is ok for kids.
  10. RN
    Mar 12, 2006
    Movie includes disturbing, dark and diabolical genetic mutation plot, stun guns and lots of needles, dressed up with cute pet tricks and family bonding. Thematic material was over the head of the 3-year-old I brought and unappealing to the 8-year old with me. Yuck.
  11. Nov 13, 2011
    It has a lot of good moments and the story is decent. I liked Tim Allen's performance, which made the movie a lot more interesting. It is a fun but weird movie that has a few decent laughs.
  12. Aug 28, 2014
    A silly yet funny movie about animal testing, searching for the keys to eternal life and a man discovering how he's failing as a husband and a father - by becoming a dog.

While certain parts of the film had outrageously unrealistic animal animation/action (and human, too, in places), the story stayed honest and grounded for the most part. There were a few "laugh out loud" parts, but otherwise the jokes and narrative were harmless and a little lame. Still, the story kept itself together surprisingly well and although the ending was mildly disappointing in how clever it wasn't... The whole experience was an enjoyable movie, for sure.

Robert Downey Jr. was delightful as the big bad of the movie.
  13. Jun 26, 2014
    The Shaggy Dog is a poorly made, annoyingly written piece of work that confirmed Allen's sunken career when it came out. It's just another throwaway Disney flick.
  14. Mar 28, 2015
    I understand these movies aren't supposed to be original. This movie is supposedly for kids. Yet, we've seen that you can make a movie that both kids and adults can enjoy (or kids enjoy and adults ball their eyes out over, I'm looking at you UP and Toy Story 3). But this doesn't even work for kids. If it's for kids, why all the sub plots? Why not more goofy dog CGI hijinx? It's just ****

For a kids' picture this is relatively funny.
  2. There are many delightful movie techniques out there available for making animals appear to speak, so it's too bad The Shaggy Dog doesn't use any of them.
    Who let this dog out?