7.5

1. LuisO.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more adult audience and always have been. The only thing this movie does different than the series in that respect is that the jokes can be coupled with more Give me a break to the person that said "Beware Carig Parents." There is nothing in this movie remotely offensive. And since when is the Simpsons considered a children's show anyway? Most of the jokes on the Simpsons are for a more adult audience and always have been. The only thing this movie does different than the series in that respect is that the jokes can be coupled with more visuals that the uptight sensors at FOX would not approve for normal TV. But nothing offensive in the least. Bottom line, if you already let your kids watch the series, this movie is fine for them. Anyway, I thought the movie was awesome. The characters somehow became alive compared to how they act on TV when it comes to showing real emotion. The movie has some serious scenes and they serve to provide a lot of character development. Much more than what my expectations were for a Simpsons movie I must say. This is not Shakespeare people, it's the Simpsons. This movie will not make converts of people that are not already fans, but if you love the series, you will love the movie, period. Highly recommended. Expand
  2. FelizN.
    Sep 9, 2007
    Best movie in history of America! As a movie critic, this is kind of an amateur thing, but i highly recommend this film as a great movie! While your at the movies buy some billsberries! I gave it a 100 in my review for the Los Angeles Times, thank you.
  3. Phil&Roxee
    Jan 8, 2008
    This movie was very funny and crazy and weird and cool ans hot and cute and beautiful and pretty and yellow and long and not long and dark and blue and red and orange and green and purple and that it !!! Good luck to understand !!!
  4. AlexG.
    Apr 11, 2008
    I am very annoyed with people who say that Th Simpsons are staling, ok a couple of the recent episodes haven't been up to the usual standards but they are still going strong this superb film is evident proof that the Simpson are better than ever before, pure brilliance right down to the last detail.
  5. ChuckB
    Dec 2, 2007
    Film worth seeing. Real rating would be 8,5, but wanted to give better rating just because some retards are giving it such a low score.
  6. BillieM.
    Oct 9, 2007
    Bloody hell, this movie rocks!!!
  7. SimpleGuy
    Jul 27, 2007
    Good Movie.. Mel presented Westerners as the Saviours at the end of the Movie but in fact they were they real invaders and conquerers.. And he also presented the Mayans as Savages when these people respected each other and also respected nature.. Really disappointed at Mel..
  8. TonyFake_dude
    Jul 27, 2007
    Best. Movie. Ever. I laughed until it hurt, then laughed some more. Then I watched a second showing of the film. This is, in my opinion, the best motion picture ever.
  9. MattA
    Jul 27, 2007
    Being a longtime simpson fan, i can just say that hearing anything about this movie put my stomach in knots. Luckily, this movie met all my expectations, and the writers always had a knack for getting laughs out of the unexpected. The laughs are genuine, and often, not low-brow. I couldn't of asked for more. Job well done!
  10. Tim
    Jul 29, 2007
    Flawlessly hilarious.
    Ima go see it 1 or 2 more times.
    Jul 30, 2007
    I thought it was pretty funny. It easily kept my attention because of all the jokes and excitement. People who're easily offended may not like the movie, it's not made by Pixar and is not supposed to be a Pixar movie so don't expect it to be one.
  12. DavidT.
    Jul 30, 2007
    Brilliant. A breath of fresh air after a lack luster summer of formula-driven unoriginal sequels.
  13. RockPaperScissors
    Aug 2, 2007
    The critics should go back and upgrade the Simpsons movie to universal acclaim status. Because this is hilariously delicious movie.
  14. dd.
    Aug 26, 2007
    The best and nothing short of it.
  15. JexxaS.
    Aug 30, 2007
    I don't think there were any flaws in the film. It wasn't like a normal Simpsons episode because it was a bigger adventure but it was just as funny. I feel that the writers were more daring than normal in some of their gags such as when Bart was skateboarding or when Homer was going down the sandpit. A great film and I will definitely be getting it on DVD.
  16. LincLink
    Jan 21, 2008
    I LOVED the film. I am especially thrilled when they deal with Shamanism, or anything Spiritual and/or Psychedelic on the show...and the Northern Shamanita was GREAT; funny, moving and gorgeous animation to watch.
  17. MichelleT.
    Jan 4, 2008
    Yoyu people are crazy. What the hell is wrong withyou. The Simpsons was hella funny. you guys have no sense of humor. You are crazy to rate the Simpsons a 2 or a 3. Just Crazy
  18. RyanD.
    Nov 12, 2007
    You people who rated it badly are retarded. That is all. I, ost of the critics, and everyone in the theater laughed all the way through.
  19. [Anonmous]
    Dec 21, 2007
    Better than expected. Along the lines of some of the funniest classic episodes.
  20. PabloR.
    Jul 27, 2007
    The Simpsons the movie is like a long, great episode. Much better than most episodes we've seen in the recent years. It has great animation, lots of humour, some novelties for the family, but basically it builds on all that we get to love about the Springfield family in these almost 20 years. It makes fun of itself brilliantly and has some nasty humour we didn't get to see on The Simpsons the movie is like a long, great episode. Much better than most episodes we've seen in the recent years. It has great animation, lots of humour, some novelties for the family, but basically it builds on all that we get to love about the Springfield family in these almost 20 years. It makes fun of itself brilliantly and has some nasty humour we didn't get to see on the TV series. If you are a fan you will laugh from start to finish, but I am not so sure that people than aren't into think kind of humour will like it. This is more like an adult cartoon, but I think that most kids nowadays love The Simpsons too. This is probably a movie that most people will love, just like Homer falls in love with that pig! Expand
  21. guy!
    Jul 28, 2007
    Funniest movie you'll ever see, I guarantee it.
  22. VEKTA
    Jul 28, 2007
    Funniest Movie Ever! A continuous laugh out loud riot. Even the story was comical. This is an instant favorite, a film to see again an again. I guess you can call this "The Simpsons like you never seen them before. Overall this is 11/10 film. Best movie all summer. Best movie ever! Extremely Recommended.
  23. steve
    Jul 28, 2007
    Haven't watched the last 5 or so seasons, but this film did not disappoint. Highly recommended.
  24. AndrewA.
    Best. Episode. Ever.
  25. KrysA.
    Jul 28, 2007
    Great movie. This will please all Simpson's fans.
  26. sRe
    Jul 28, 2007
    Nothing short of brilliant satire that will fly over middle America's heads, but has enough pig crap and fat jokes to satisfy its base.
  27. BrentD.
    Jul 31, 2007
    The Simpsons movie was brilliant. I loves the new crisper look, it looked great! I would differently go and buy the DVD when it comes out. Many, many funner jokes throughout the movie kept me laughing the entire time. Very impressed. Now will they make an Itchy and Scratchy Movie??????
  28. TomE.
    Aug 2, 2007
    This is the funniest movie ever period. I was laughing pretty much every second and the story is perfect for the movie. And homer swearing at the towns people is the icing on the cake!!!
  29. TravisR.
    Mar 16, 2008
    This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a movie. Now as a Simpson's fan, I could appreciate the themes also, because they're so reminiscent of the earlier seasons. If you've This movies is exactly what its title implies; The humor and characterizations are almost exactly the same as in the show, and the storyline doesn't feel too much like a Simpson's episode that you wonder how they turned it into a movie. Now as a Simpson's fan, I could appreciate the themes also, because they're so reminiscent of the earlier seasons. If you've never seen the show, some of it might go over your head, but it won't be anything that'll stop you understanding the movie or its jokes. A must see for fans and non-fans alike. Expand
  30. JoshiTheCritic
    Jan 26, 2010
    This movie was great! It's perfect if you look at the past, and what they did now.

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.