7.5

1. Dec 20, 2014
    This is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA sealsThis is one of the BEST animated films I have ever seen. The plot premise is great, and is executed nearly perfectly. When Homer saves a pig from death, Marge urges him to get rid of it, because she made out the words "curled tail" from Abe's church rant. Meanwhile, Lisa gets everyone to clean up Springfield Lake, but Homer dumps his "Pig Crap" silo in the lake. As a result, the EPA seals everyone in a big dome, and plots to blow up Springfield and everyone living in it. This is filled with an extreme influx of hilarious moments, including Homer trying to eat an electrified fish, the "Rock and a Hard Place" joke, Bart shooting Homer's hot-dog out of his hand with a slingshot, etc. The cast is extremely on point; they give the characters a sense of life no other show can match. Characterisation is also great. Homer is in his dumb, but lovable oaf form, Bart is the charismatic troublemaker we expect him to be (the show kind of forgot this in the later seasons), Lisa is her tree-hugger self (but she doesn't force it), Marge shows more emotion than she does on the show, and Maggie is cute and dangerous (keep the smashed bottle scene in mind). There are also plenty of emotional scenes as well. These include Lisa gushing about her new found love for an Irish boy named Colin, Bart's constant struggle to see Homer as a real father, and Marge's saddening message to Homer about their leaving Alaska for Springfield (along with the perfectly fitting "Close To You" song playing over their wedding video). Overall, this film has excellent characterisation and a flawless plot with the perfect ending (Homer and Marge riding off into the sunset), which makes this the perfect film to fit one of the world's best animated shows. 10/10. Expand
  2. Nov 10, 2014
    Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan.Many fans of The Simpsons Movie were very critical of it. While I understand why, the fact is that many of them just don't realize that this film wasn't made for them. Criticism range from the film not being edgy enough, to the fact that the film didn't take place in Springfield and didn't utilize the side characters much, but again, the film wasn't meant for the die hard Simpsons fan. While the show has been on for more than a quarter century, prior to the films release, ratings for the show were in the toilet, and it was only being kept alive by syndication and merchandising money. The point of the film was to be childish and geared towards a younger audience. While fans of the show were expecting the film to be extreme like the South Park movie, what they got amounted to little more than a children's movie. The fans were upset, but the studios gamble paid off, as the ratings went up and have continued to be much better. For those who didn't see it, the film focuses on Homer, who made the mistake of polluting the town, to a point where the EPA put a big dome over Springfield to separate it from the rest of the country. As angry town folks form a mob, intent on getting Homer, the family escapes and goes on the run. The film is far from being the best the Simpsons has to offer, but it served it's purpose in attracting younger viewers and raising the ratings. Fans may have been upset with Matt Groening, but what he did saved the show for who knows how many future seasons. The film isn't spectacular, but it was good for introducing new fans to the characters we all know and love. Expand
  3. Nov 8, 2014
    The Simpsons movie it's the best movie of all time.There are all of the characters of the original TV series and a great story with epic events.The best movie ever.
  4. Oct 6, 2014
    A wonderful movie, absolutely great any movie with The Simpsons are great its a funny movie with a good story and a great plot i advise you to go see this movie.
  5. Sep 17, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. O filme dos Simpsons é legal,histórico e divertido. Não chega a ser excepcional,mas chega quase lá. E ainda popularizou uma famosa canção: "Porco Aranha,porco aranha" Expand
  6. Sep 1, 2014
    I'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of theI'm telling you, I can't stop watching this awesome "EVERY SIMPSONS EVER" marathon! I wasn't even particularly a fan of the show until the marathon. I vowed myself not to miss this movie, and I'm so glad I didn't. Sure, you can say this is just a 90 minute episode made to make money, and it is. WHO CARES?! This movie is hilarious from start to finish. It is, without a doubt, one of the funniest films I have ever seen. All The Simpsons humour you love is here, and it pays tributes to the first 10 seasons more than The Simpsons episodes you've been seeing lately. Since the span of the movie is 90 minutes, pretty much every single character has lines. The storyline here is nothing noteworthy, but it didn't matter to me. One very small flaw is that within the first act very similiar jokes are used. I've said it once and I'll say it again: The Simpsons Movie is hilarious from start to finish. Expand
  7. Aug 25, 2014
    The movie is tructured like the TV episodes: there is a beginning that has little to do with the end - yet they are in touch with each other.

However, we are talking about the Simpsons, and expecting an award-winning movie experience would be a little too much. The movie is funny, there's no way around that. If you like the TV show, you're guaranteed to like this. It isn't the best of the best, but satisfying enough for more than one watch.
  8. Aug 3, 2014
    Perhaps some episodes of the series are not humorous at all, but this movie is simply hilarious. "The Simpsons Movie" will cheer you up, will make you sad , make you think and, especially , it will entertain you. A film suitable for all ages.
  9. Jul 31, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The main Simpson family consists of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie and they reside in the fictional town of Springfield. Each of them have their own unique characteristics but in addition to Homer's epic level of intelligence, the family is largely, helplessly dysfunctional (which is kind of sad) but that's their life and that is, funny.

This film is indeed hilarious, there are lots of American humor, lots of sarcastic moments and lots of references to films like those of Disney, Titanic, Harry Potter, etc., in this film but those might be confusing to those who are new to the TV series too. However, The Simpsons fans, who are really fond of the family members will like this! It's the only film they have so far and people who like the typical adult American sitcoms would also enjoy this.

To be honest, this film is not easy to justify as it does feels like several episodes merged into one instead of one great film. Some people may find this film as one of the best animated feature film but this is truly no justice for a successful franchise with lots of potentials. Still, at the end of the film, it is strangely fun and fulfilling. Love the themes, which are mostly about family, religion and environment. If you needed a silly funny movie to watch, this could be the film you're looking for!

PS. This film is great for preaching about environmental.
  10. Jul 25, 2014
    A hilarious comedy based on the beloved sitcom, and not missing its trademark humor. This is a movie all Simpson fans should enjoy. Whoever doesn't enjoy this, at all, must not be a fan of the series, because it's exactly like a ninety minute episode, which may be too prolonged for some, but I liked it well enough to rewatch it and was able laugh just as much as the first time.
  11. May 9, 2014
    very funny as well as the entire series of the simpsons,
    it looks like a giant episode
    ...........................................
    ...................
  12. Apr 19, 2014
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. As a big fan of The Simpsons, albeit kind of late to get on the bandwagon, I must say the movie is much better than virtually all recent episodes. But it lowballs itself in a few places.

The main plot takes a bit too long to get off the ground, and when it does, it’s a rehash of Marge leaving Homer with the kids again. YMMV on Bart’s nude skateboarding scene; I find it both funny and disgusting in one shot.

But when the jokes hit in this movie, they hit HARD!
  13. Mar 11, 2014
    The Simpsons Movie manages to capture the same humor as the TV show, except maybe with a little more explicit content. It is a feat well done. And how can you not love Spiderpig?
  14. Nov 13, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is simply that.
    A good all around movie capturing the eyes of its target audience. Laughs, a little story, and a good bit of fun all around.
  15. Aug 5, 2013
    Might this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. TheMight this be the best western animated satire ever? I can't think of any serious contenders (eh, South Park The Movie.. okay fine!). It's got so much social satire and references crammed into a little over one hour, that I can't rate it less than "warm recommendation for satire audiences". The action drags it down a little bit, since those sequences fly by without much impact. The political/social substance in the film is not really well carved out, but I'd rather have it be in there than left out completely. The computer-assisted animation is quite well integrated and makes for some quietly impressive images of movement on a round structure etc.. Expand
  16. Aug 3, 2013
    kinda disappointing compared to the tv show and is kinda moronic and does not feature the karn and kudos kolly man an early adaption to the simpsons show it also does not feature comic book guys brother gamer guy it also failed to put in as much hilarity as the tv show
  17. Jun 28, 2013
    Do you like to laugh? Good, then see this movie. It's essentially the same concept as Stephen King's "Under the Dome", just far less dark and full of jokes, jokes, and more jokes.
    Do yourself a favor and clap for Alaska.
  18. Mar 24, 2013
    Very funny with good scenes and acting. Spider pig, spider pig, does whatever a spider pig does. Can he swing from a web? No he can't he's a pig. Look out, he's a spider pig.
  19. Mar 12, 2013
    This is a 100% Simpsons experience! Funny,energetic and enjoyable to watch The Simpsons Movie gets my 8/10 When it got released (i was on vacation) i couldn't wait to come back to my hometown and watch it on the theater.
  20. Feb 12, 2013
    While I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn'tWhile I am an avid Simpsons fan, I do have to admit that this movie did feel more like a really long episode, which was a little disappointment. But, the improved animations and the obvious extra effort from the actors and writers do make for that a bit. For a show that has been on as long as it has, it must be really hard to come up with fresh material. Overall: For the Simpsons it isn't half bad, but this could easily have been cut into a three part episode. Expand
  21. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. By far the funniest comedy I have seen in my life, enough so that to compare it to minor flicks like Jim Carry or Robin Williams would just be unfair. This flick brings you the Simpson family at their finest, introducing the audience to a clever, cynical world on the brink of corruption, and when Springfield becomes the most polluted city in the world,the audience will let out gasps of hilarity as they watch a nobody family almost contribute against a global conspiracy. This movie is one of the few in the world to truly bring its A-Game, without a single joke falling flat. Expand
  22. Jan 27, 2013
    The Simpsons Movie is decent yet disappointing. The film feels like an everyday episode of the show but has it's jokes stretched out too thin. Not as good as it should have been.
  23. Jan 22, 2013
    Very funny movie from a very funny program. I like the humor and the scenes where you don't expected what gonna happens. Of now on spider pig is my favorite song of 2007 :-) . This is the funniest movie of 2007.
  24. Dec 5, 2012
    Hilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movieHilarious and exciting, or a pure classic filled with Simpsons action and laughs would be a perfect way to describe the Simpsons Movie... It constantly makes you laugh and does not make you board out of your socks, it does not disappoint or leave the series of the Simpsons crashing to a halt, but does the opposite... After so much disappointing episodes and lack of much laughs, this movie has redeemed the Simpsons as a whole, everyone wanting more of what made such a great series at the start of it all... and the movie... the movie is glorious. 9.3/10. Expand
  25. Nov 28, 2012
    Classic Simpsons humor and particularly stellar animation throughout this successful comedy.
  26. Sep 26, 2012
    The Simpsons Movie
    The Simpsons Movie
    Story: While performing on Lake Springfield, rock band Green Day are killed when pollution in the lake dissolves their barge, following an audience revolt after frontman Billie Joe Armstrong proposes an environmental discussion. At a memorial service, Grampa has a prophetic vision in which he predicts the impending doom of the town, but only Marge takes it seriously. Then Homer dares Bart to skate naked and he does so. Lisa and an Irish boy named Colin, with whom she has fallen in love, hold a meeting where they convince the town to clean up the lake.
    Characters:
    Homer, Bart, Lisa, Marge, Maggie
    Personal Opinion: Funny, humorous, references from other films
    Harry Potter (Homer names the pig
  27. Jun 3, 2012
    One Of The Best Movies Of All Time!
    The Simpsons Is The Best T.V. Show Of All Time!
  28. Mar 29, 2012
    My advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancelMy advice to all the Simpsons fans out there: take this movie out of context. Imagine there was no Homer, no Bart, no Springfield. Imagine it was the exact same movie, except made by an indie Director. You may start saying: "Wow, that movie was pretty bad! The only reason I liked it was because I like the Simpsons and go fanboy **** over everything that has their name on it!". Matt, cancel the Simpsons, go onto new **** You've already lost your fanbase, now try saving Futurama or just make a new franchise before we lose faith in you. Expand
  29. Mar 17, 2012
    You've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bringYou've gotta love this movie, even if you're not a fan of the tv show (how could you not be though?!) you'll find stuff to like here. The Simpsons has been successfully brought to the big screen without loosing any of it's charm. Pessimists might say that this film is just a longer episode on a bigger scale but even that is a good thing. Optimists will call this a fantastic way to bring The Simpsons onto the big screen, and that's an even better thing. This film is very very funny, very charming and overall it is a great laugh for the whole family :) Expand
  30. Feb 6, 2012
    Who does not know The Simpsons? I love the TV-Series and the movie is nothing else than a really long episode. And its one of the best episodes ever by the way. Nothing more to say!

1. It's hard not to like it. And in both senses of the phrase, America keeps asking for it.
    It would be a stretch to call The Simpsons Movie more than a crisper, livelier-looking episode of the series. The change in mediums changes nothing.
  3. The result is two-tiered humor, broad enough to appeal to anybody but overlaid with jokes that will be funnier if you know the show.