5.9

1. Apr 15, 2011
    I Donno why people are so boring come on this was a good movie and i must say that the youngsters who starred in this movie were amazingly believable especially the blonde chick, i gave this a ten beacause it deserves it
  2. Jun 12, 2011
    This movie actually really surprised me. When I saw the previews for this movie I scoffed at the thought of them trying to make a prequel. This movie actually did a pretty good job of explaining some of the habits of the family as well as a little bit of leatherface and why he is the way he is. The acting was also pretty good for a horror movie. Overall not nearly as good as the original but still a fairly good watch. Expand
  3. Nov 26, 2011
    I liked it even better then the previous film. Though the acting wasnt as good this time around, It was far more suspensful and terrorifying then the previous film.
  4. Jul 3, 2013
    This completely rehash the remake and the original '74 classic. What it does is answer questions that were never asked in the first place. It fails like every horror prequel ever made, it relies on blood and cheap scares instead taking the basic steps in making a horror movie. A complete failure.
  5. Jun 15, 2011
    Great movie...quite thrilling. All the people acting in the movie have done a great job i bet. But i still duno why some people hate this movie..wat ever! I enjoyed this movie...Happy watching!
  6. Nov 2, 2012
    Gruesome, graphic, brutal and really tense. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning is a gory prequel that is actual better than the 2003 remake to the 1970s classic manages to be occasionally terrifying, albeit it suffers from some horror and Michael Bay cliches.
  7. Feb 20, 2012
    Suprisingly better then the previous remake and that is saying something because I enjoyed the first remake quite a bit. The acting is average (neither good nor bad), The plot is interesting (its nice to finally see the backstory of Leatherface). Its a pretty decent horror film.
  8. Feb 2, 2013
    TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE takes a step back in time to reveal the origins of the infamous Hewitt family in TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE: THE BEGINNING. A deformed child is rescued and raised by a penniless family out in the sticks of Texas, a family that is forced into cannibalism when the local slaughterhouse is put out of business. Unfortunately for a group of travelers who are on their way to Austin to enlist for Vietnam, this means that they are the next item on the menu! For the most part, THE BEGINNING keeps up with the remake that preceded it, but as a prequel it falls into many unavoidable traps. The filmmakers feel obliged to as many questions as possible in only a limited amount of time, which leads to a number of plot contrivances. Here, we learn where Thomas Hewitt got his saw, why Hoyt became the sheriff, how Uncle Monty lost his legs, and where Leatherface got his nickname... All in the same night! For a family whose killing spree lasted over four years, this just seems forced. The political weight of Vietnam is also heavier load than the film can bear, and comes off as being ignorant and ungenuine. THE BEGINNING is the bloodiest of any of the CHAINSAW films, however, with many graphic and gory murder scenes. A decent follow up, and still one of the better sequels. -Carl Manes
    I Like Horror Movies
  9. Jan 19, 2013
    Movie very gore and pessimistic. Only entertaining.
  10. May 5, 2013
    It's really sad that this film has an even lower rating than the slightly earlier remake. It kicks the crap out of all that came before and after, including the original. This is the best told version of the Hewitt story, hands down. R. Lee Ermey is at his most evil, and really steals the show. The vibe is much like The Hills Have Eyes remake properly twisted.
  11. May 22, 2013
    This prequel was just slightly better than the remake but both are amazing Horror films! Once again the more I watch it the more I appreciate it as it's got everything a good Horror film needs, especially with a killer like Leatherface at the reigns. Jordana Brewster steps in to fill Biel's shoes and does a great job I think, but once again the cast as a whole is just great Overall another impressive addition to the TCM series and I now look forward to tracking down the original ones! Expand
  12. Jan 8, 2013
    The critics are right about the 29 review. The beginning is the beginning of the worst Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie and can't be watched. The only thing there to watch are bland sets and terrible voice acting.
  13. Jan 15, 2013
    That's what I call a horror, disturbing, vulgar, slasher, thriller, gory, amazing, shocking, breathtaking film! Not Micheal Bay's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake for 9 years old, a PG horror, I HATE Micheal Bay's The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the prequel "movie I am reviewing" is way to better, GOD! Worth the watch!
  14. Aug 4, 2013
    Fine, but not great. Not scary or whatsoever at all and I think that this "reboot-prequel" is the worst that I've ever saw. I hope to not watch a movie like this again in my life...I doubt.
    I liked the atmosphere, makeups and some other little things. Stop here. Cheers!

1. Reviewed by: John DeFore
    The whole fear-of-obese-hillbillies device is starting to smell as stale as Leatherface's playroom. Does this horror trend simply reflect a national fear, as giant radioactive ants personified the Bomb in the 1950s? If so, maybe it's time for us all to go on a diet; America needs fresh fodder for its boogeymen.
  2. Reviewed by: Gregory Kirshling
    Unlike "Hostel" or "Wolf Creek," TCM:B is rank and depressing.
  3. Reviewed by: Peter Debruge
    Auds would be well advised not to attempt "Beginning" on a full stomach.