New Line Cinema | Release Date: October 17, 2003
6.3
Generally favorable reviews based on 137 Ratings
Watch Now
RD.Aug 23, 2006
Not scary. But R Lee Ermey's performance as the Sheriff bangs you. [***SPOILERS***] Also, the slaughter-house scene where Jessica Biel cuts Leatherface's hand with a meat cleaver is good. Just the movie is too violent at times.
0 of 1 users found this helpful
MovieLonely94Oct 16, 2010
I watched the 1974 original before watching this remake. well, this one had a few changes with the killing scenes and the storyline, but to be fair, lets just say that whoever made it sure had a good try.
WhatsAmovieMay 6, 2011
I enjoy horror movies. I'm not some crazy fan who will watch nothing but them, but i enjoy them. Is this movie good? No, not really. Is it bad? No, not really. Its EXACTLY in the middle. The acting was bearable and the movie changed up someI enjoy horror movies. I'm not some crazy fan who will watch nothing but them, but i enjoy them. Is this movie good? No, not really. Is it bad? No, not really. Its EXACTLY in the middle. The acting was bearable and the movie changed up some scenes from the original which keeps it from being same old deaths (which the first one was over and over). The original was god aweful. Don't call me stupid for saything that because it's true. The only reason you people like it is because it's a "classic" and the only reason it's a classic is because it's "true". This movie did have useless gore in it but not enough to make me turn it off. Overall; Not bad, but not good.
PS- To all you idiots out there who like it because it had gore in it. SCREW YOU! That does not make a movie so shut up. Blood does not make a movie good. You people just don't know movies.
[Anonymous]Dec 10, 2005
Disturbing and oogy.
0 of 0 users found this helpful
jimmytancrediSep 17, 2011
The first one from those remakes' trend which lasts till today, unlike the majority which came later, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is worthy and valid, which followed a path somewhat different from the original, a bit away from thatThe first one from those remakes' trend which lasts till today, unlike the majority which came later, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake is worthy and valid, which followed a path somewhat different from the original, a bit away from that amateurism (many think that's what made the first film so creepy), but without economizing the suspense and blood. The direction from Niespel Marcus is quite stylish, the cast, despite only containing good looking actors, is good. It is really worthwhile. Collapse
FilmVirtueMar 28, 2015
An above average remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Fully packed violence, and acceptable acting keep the film alive but lacks the strength the original has.
ydnar4Nov 21, 2014
This movie was just average, as I expected. I wasn't expecting the remake to match the original but it certainly wasn't the worst horror movie remake I've seen. Continuing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies only seems to generate more andThis movie was just average, as I expected. I wasn't expecting the remake to match the original but it certainly wasn't the worst horror movie remake I've seen. Continuing the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies only seems to generate more and more money for the franchise, considering the budget for the movies is so small to begin with. I didn't have many scares in the film, not nearly as scary as the original. However I enjoyed Jessica Biel and R Lee Ermy. I thought they played their roles fairly well. With Michael Bay being involved in this film I'm not shocked that it got mixed reviews as he never seems to be able to get any sort of critical acclaim. He's bringing in the money though. Expand
shiftworkerAug 29, 2016
This was a very scary movie when I was a teenager. Forty years later it seems too full of young women screaming. There's too little gore to scare me today, which just shows how brutal other movies have become. I even felt like fast-forwardingThis was a very scary movie when I was a teenager. Forty years later it seems too full of young women screaming. There's too little gore to scare me today, which just shows how brutal other movies have become. I even felt like fast-forwarding through the first 45 minutes, but the anticipation built up towards the end is still effeective.. Expand