Summit Entertainment | Release Date: October 21, 2011
5.1
Mixed or average reviews based on 153 Ratings
Watch Now
arnyftwNov 10, 2011
I dont know why this movie has such low ratings. I liked it, if you are expecting something from this movie like following the classical Three Musketeers then you shouldnt watch this. But if you want some entertainment you should watch this movie.
jillmacintyreOct 27, 2011
Although the film was very negatively received by many critics, I'd definitely have to disagree. It was action-packed, fast-paced, kept you on the edge of your seat, and thrilling. I think the real reason that it isn't getting great boxAlthough the film was very negatively received by many critics, I'd definitely have to disagree. It was action-packed, fast-paced, kept you on the edge of your seat, and thrilling. I think the real reason that it isn't getting great box office numbers, is the lack of marketing, not the lack of storylines or acting abilities. Orlando Bloom and Milla Jovich delivered a solid performance, as expected, but the real star for me was Logan Lerman. AMAZING. I am a fan of his of course, but still, he blew me away with his portrayal of d'Artagan. Overall, great movie definitely worth seeing! Expand
moregoodmoviesOct 24, 2011
The Three Musketeers 3D: Fantastic, funny, entertaining, new ideas, really cool looking fights, great cast, and great 3D for all the palace interiors. You do not have to go there to visit the palace; you are there back in time. Again, goodThe Three Musketeers 3D: Fantastic, funny, entertaining, new ideas, really cool looking fights, great cast, and great 3D for all the palace interiors. You do not have to go there to visit the palace; you are there back in time. Again, good idea for the entire film to be in 3D. I am waiting for a Sequel. If you do not like it go and see a horror movie with your kidsâ Expand
carlaymoutOct 31, 2011
i think this movie's rather interesting, 'cause it didn't use the old-fashioned ideas. this movie's full with creativity and imagination. i love it.
Gamingking007Oct 21, 2011
Ok so the storyline of this movie was very mediocre the writer sucked,but if you dont look at the whole picture more toward the action and the actors it becomes pretty awesome. Logan Lermans lover on the movie had no personality whatsoeverOk so the storyline of this movie was very mediocre the writer sucked,but if you dont look at the whole picture more toward the action and the actors it becomes pretty awesome. Logan Lermans lover on the movie had no personality whatsoever but besides that its an enjoyable night out! Expand
DBZ19Dec 13, 2011
This film is just terrible. Jesus why they made this.................................
movieboyFeb 3, 2012
It's really not as bad as some are concluding. It's actually quite fun if you suspend association with the Dumas classic and imagine dipping into Terry Gilliam territory, with its exotic airships and a crazy ride loaded with swashbucklingIt's really not as bad as some are concluding. It's actually quite fun if you suspend association with the Dumas classic and imagine dipping into Terry Gilliam territory, with its exotic airships and a crazy ride loaded with swashbuckling action, including a terrific final duel on top of a Parisian cathedral. Expand
MWD2490Oct 24, 2011
This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. It's entertaining but not that great and also it has references to modern songs like "boys will be boys" and not very realistic historical references Expand
TheQuietGamerApr 6, 2013
A very enjoyable, if somewhat flawed action movie from director Paul W.S. Anderson of the Resident Evil series. Much like the Resident Evil series the action is bombastic and fun. The plot is interesting and the characters are likable. IA very enjoyable, if somewhat flawed action movie from director Paul W.S. Anderson of the Resident Evil series. Much like the Resident Evil series the action is bombastic and fun. The plot is interesting and the characters are likable. I really wasn't expecting much from this movie but it really surprised me. Just like some of my favorite action movies it also includes healthy doses of comedy mixed in. All in all I was very impressed with The Three Musketeers and don't have much to complain about except for its slow start. Expand
justnother1Mar 22, 2012
Ah, come now all you reviewers who low scored this movie. M. Dumas would only have recognized the skeleton of his story but there was a lot to like, and even admire. Christoph Waltz was wonderful as Richelieu, Orlando Bloom surprisinglyAh, come now all you reviewers who low scored this movie. M. Dumas would only have recognized the skeleton of his story but there was a lot to like, and even admire. Christoph Waltz was wonderful as Richelieu, Orlando Bloom surprisingly grown up, Ray Stevenson horribly underused, Matthew McFayden almost did a great job and the special effects were superb. The horse was lovely and the derring-do prettily done. The only really sour notes were the casting of some callow American kid as D'Artagnan ( please!) and this introduction of a bumbling manservant who's 'funnies' were just out of place. Expand
Aiden_CoraJul 28, 2012
This was a fairly decent action movie, the cast was pretty ok and the overall story holds together. Granted some of the action scenes were pretty ridiculous and there were some plot holes. All in all it was an ok movie to see on a DVD howeverThis was a fairly decent action movie, the cast was pretty ok and the overall story holds together. Granted some of the action scenes were pretty ridiculous and there were some plot holes. All in all it was an ok movie to see on a DVD however I am glad I didn't go to the cinema to see that one. Just to recap, as an action movie it's not that bad, go rent it if you enjoy simple action and a lot of combat in your movies. Expand
SinggihsatchNov 16, 2011
im nust seeing this moviea couple week agoo..
i think this movie much funny and amusing..

but need more action scene..
the character on thos movie are unique..

each character has a different background..
oxanaAug 24, 2014
I loved this film. Need to see it again as soon as possible. (Didn't write a review right after seeing it, so need to re-watch and re-phrase what it says here now...)

I never finished Dumas' books. Back then, I got bored. I might try

I never finished Dumas' books. Back then, I got bored. I might try again, one day, but I have seen many of the previous Musketeer films and some of them I liked (Man In The Iron Mask), yet most I disliked. This one pretty much shoots past all the others into infinite glory of amazing!

The three famous musketeers - Athos (resonant-voiced Matthew Macfayden), Aramis (pretty, charming and wonderful Luke Evans) and Porthos (strong, loud, and endlessly amusing) - worked extremely well together. I feared for young D'Artagnan (Logan Lerman, whom I really liked in "Gamer"), but it would seem my worries were baseless; he wasn't overly annoying. Watching D'Artagnan fight, agile and fast, was one of the most entertaining things of all. Even the hair started to look good, which it did not in the promo pictures. The four of them had awesome chemistry, and when the going got tough and the plot gave way for action, it was a shame, really, to lose that perfectly tuned edge.

Then the bad guys... Milla Jovovich as Milady de Winter was disappointing, and a bit useless too, but she did her part to pull things together. Mads Mikkelsen as Rochefort did not get much to go on, but he did it pretty well. Orlando Bloom as Duke of Buckingham was... awesome in his own way. I would have liked to see more of him. However, I enjoyed every second of seeing Orlando on screen.

King Louis, his pretty queen, their problems, and Constance the maid-in-waiting, were pretty much pointless characters. The loyal servant of the musketeers, Planchet, pretty much fell into the same hole with them. They should have all been dropped to give Richelieu more room to plot and act.

The action was quite good, with slow-motion highlighting the best moments. The special effects were awesome, and even the war-machines - flying ships - were not that far off (well, I still find a problem or two with them, knowing how heavy the wood and weaponry must be, but let us skip that to enjoy the ride).

All in all one of the best movies of the year. Go to see this if you want to enjoy a bit of fun, and don't bring your magnifying glass to stare at every inaccuracy. If you let it go, you're bound to enjoy this - whether it stays true to the original material or not. We've seen Musketeers on big screen so many times I think it was a high time for them to spice it up a bit.
MetasomaMar 10, 2012
The movie is ok. Of course it's not for aesthetes who enjoy the smell of their own farts. But it's fun. Not 10 fun, may be, but definitely 8. Don't believe anything bad about this movie.
BoxerbeeMay 28, 2012
I was really dissapointed that this got a bad response :( I thought it was great!! The actors were awesome, and Porthos had a great scrips :) it was well funny with a bit of non traditional humour. The effects and ideas were brill, and iI was really dissapointed that this got a bad response :( I thought it was great!! The actors were awesome, and Porthos had a great scrips :) it was well funny with a bit of non traditional humour. The effects and ideas were brill, and i enjoy seeing another groups take on one of the classic tales. It really annoys me when all those people go to all that work for years sometimes, and get nothing but bad critisism for their hard work.

Therefor, i applaude you. Thanks for a great film!
Jollyjoe1000Nov 23, 2015
This movie is great. The sword fighting is entertaining.I love the air ships,and for heavens sake.What the heck is everyone complaining about This is a great movie not a bad. Seriously what do people hate about this movie.
audreythomas25Feb 21, 2016
If you want over-the-top entertainment that doesn't respect the laws of physics, you can't do much better than this.

Watch this movie here for free http://www.watchfree.to/watch-25b1b3-The-Three-Musketeers-movie-online-free-putlocker.html