Cinema Guild | Release Date: February 10, 2012
8.3
Universal acclaim based on 31 Ratings
WATCH NOW
randomusername1Jan 20, 2017
It reminded me of "Au hasard Balthazar", which is a very positive thing. The horse shows a wider range of emotions than the other actors (who are also excellent) and he also has about the same amount of lines. Enough time is spent on makingIt reminded me of "Au hasard Balthazar", which is a very positive thing. The horse shows a wider range of emotions than the other actors (who are also excellent) and he also has about the same amount of lines. Enough time is spent on making sure the viewer's eye catches every texture and every detail of the farm and its surroundings and despite the distant acting I really started to care about these people in a way. The cinematography is also absolutely stunning. A wonderful film in every way. Expand
migaspintoAug 28, 2015
I love the way how this film works: with slow takes that let us time to think in each scene carefuly.
The cinematography is absolutely outstanding.
The cinematography is absolutely outstanding.
This is a film that opposes to the popcorn movies that surround cinemas in each corner of the planet, is a film that takes pacience, pacience that is rewarded with no doubt.
It's a contemplation movie. A melancholic movie.
He's a slowly crescendo about the end of everything: in other words a masterpiece made by Béla Tarr.
A modern classic.
It's art.
MarkAngelMar 3, 2013
I had a problem with its symbolic aesthetics, since it rarely provides opportunities for self-reflective projection. However, it can't be denied that this is beautiful trademark work of the master who made Satantango.
DemonboxSep 2, 2012
I don't agree with Cabrita, but maybe just 'cause i've been watching a lot of Tarr's movies, this is the last (or so he said) and so the end, and what an end (of the world).
I personally prefer other movies of his, Satantango and Werkmeister
I personally prefer other movies of his, Satantango and Werkmeister Harmonies are some of those, but this is still a good one