The Turin Horse

8.4

1. Mar 3, 2013
    I had a problem with its symbolic aesthetics, since it rarely provides opportunities for self-reflective projection. However, it can't be denied that this is beautiful trademark work of the master who made Satantango.
  2. Aug 28, 2015
    I love the way how this film works: with slow takes that let us time to think in each scene carefuly.
    The cinematography is absolutely outstanding.
    This is a film that opposes to the popcorn movies that surround cinemas in each corner of the planet, is a film that takes pacience, pacience that is rewarded with no doubt. It's a contemplation movie. A melancholic movie. He's a slowly
    The cinematography is absolutely outstanding.
    It's a contemplation movie. A melancholic movie.
    He's a slowly crescendo about the end of everything: in other words a masterpiece made by Béla Tarr.
    A modern classic.
    It's art.
  3. Sep 2, 2012
    I don't agree with Cabrita, but maybe just 'cause i've been watching a lot of Tarr's movies, this is the last (or so he said) and so the end, and what an end (of the world).
    I personally prefer other movies of his, Satantango and Werkmeister Harmonies are some of those, but this is still a good one

1. Reviewed by: Mark Feeney
    Jun 28, 2012
    The Turin Horse is in a very gray black and white. It looks the same way it feels: bleak, pure, forbidding, transfixing. Watching it, frankly, can be a bit of an ordeal. There's hardly anything in The Turin Horse you would describe as entertaining, but there is a very great deal that's beautiful and absorbing.
  2. Reviewed by: Sam Wigley
    May 26, 2012
    Tarr risks self-parody with recurring scenes of the pair tucking into scalding potatoes, but if you've got the stomach for it this is an intoxicating vision of life at the end of its tether.
  3. Reviewed by: Betsy Sharkey
    Mar 1, 2012
    Starkly beautiful and exceedingly demanding, The Turin Horse, which Hungarian master Béla Tarr has said will be his last film, is both easy and impossible to define.