5.1

1. Feb 27, 2011
    Your average romantic comedy. Butler and Heigl have fun with the roles but nothing else in this film tries to impress or entertain above the average level. Standard.
  2. Aug 24, 2010
    I fell asleep at the cinema despite people roaring in laughter. I kept asking myself what was so funny. The movie was predictable from the beggining as I tried to enjoy it I failed and left Kathrine Heigl at a hotel room.
  3. Mar 15, 2011
    Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler are charming and funny at times. However, The Ugly Truth is immensely predictable and overly cliched, lacking both intelligence and chemistry between its leading actors.
  4. Sep 1, 2011
    A weak romantic comedy that revels far too much in sex, sex references and pretty much anything else to do with sex. In fact, I can't think of a single joke that was unrelated to sex. I have no problem with sex jokes but when they are the only jokes on offer it makes the movie into a one trick pony. It pigeonholes itself into one form of comedy and this begins to grate very quickly. TheA weak romantic comedy that revels far too much in sex, sex references and pretty much anything else to do with sex. In fact, I can't think of a single joke that was unrelated to sex. I have no problem with sex jokes but when they are the only jokes on offer it makes the movie into a one trick pony. It pigeonholes itself into one form of comedy and this begins to grate very quickly. The chemistry between the leads is none existent as is a reason why they would like each other in any way beyond the physical. Their characters are unbelievable and the supporting cast is unmemorable. The Ugly Truth is so transfixed on pushing the boundaries of sex in comedies that it forgets that its primary job is to entertain. Expand
  5. Aug 9, 2011
    Perhaps the worst movie I've ever seen. Katherine Heigl puts on a dreadfully self-conscious performance but of course it's difficult to act with a script that tries so hard to out-do superior comedies in raunch and humor.
  6. Aug 25, 2011
    If this movie was simply just a bag of awful jokes and formulaic rom-com cliches (yes, the movie actually takes itself seriously in the third act), this would just be a very awful romantic comedy. The movie attempts to be equally sexist in both regards, as if that somehow makes things better. But the problem is that the men and the women are portrayed as sexist in different ways. Men areIf this movie was simply just a bag of awful jokes and formulaic rom-com cliches (yes, the movie actually takes itself seriously in the third act), this would just be a very awful romantic comedy. The movie attempts to be equally sexist in both regards, as if that somehow makes things better. But the problem is that the men and the women are portrayed as sexist in different ways. Men are given the treatment of shallow and sex-fueled without making light of the fact or satirically poking fun at it, while women are painted as the shrews that Heigl accused Knocked Up of representing. Oh, and here's cinch, the movie actually says that the men are right. Expand
  7. Oct 15, 2011
    Started so good but ended been the same **** romantic comedy is the reason why **** like twilight exist, because the good romantic movies are now forget because of this **** movie style
  8. Aug 4, 2013
    Gerard Butler is hilarious and Katherine Heigl is great and one of the more unique actresses in Hollywood. Together they have great chemistry in The Ugly Truth. The only real flaw in my opinion is how predictable the movie is though. Like most chick flicks, five minutes into the movie you know exactly how it's going to end. The crude humor is somewhat fresh in the genre though, as it'sGerard Butler is hilarious and Katherine Heigl is great and one of the more unique actresses in Hollywood. Together they have great chemistry in The Ugly Truth. The only real flaw in my opinion is how predictable the movie is though. Like most chick flicks, five minutes into the movie you know exactly how it's going to end. The crude humor is somewhat fresh in the genre though, as it's more of a guy comedy style, so it's still worth a watch. Expand
  9. Dec 7, 2012
    A 4? I can not believe .. How does such a good film can have a punctuation so low?
  10. Apr 6, 2013
    People, this is not such a bad movie!!!
    It is funny, the characters are charming, and let's face it, it is true, that's the ugly truth :))))).
    Ok, it is not a masterpiece either.
    It is a good, nice, easy comedy
  11. Jun 24, 2014
    A predicable but extremely enjoyable movie that uses its characters to its advantage to give the audience the best experience possible. The Ugly Truth is a hilarious romance/comedy with a Stella cast and plenty of collective laughs!
  12. Jul 5, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Must have seen this 100 times. Same old stuff, different actors. Boy meets girl, boy and girl fight, boy helps girl get other boy, girl and boy #1 realise they are in love....Why did I bother? Oh, yeah..for Gerard Butler...
    If you liked The Proposal, than you are bound to LOVE this....
  13. Sep 9, 2014
    Trite and fake... Despite what the title would like to tell you, there is nothing really truthful in this plastic fraud.
    At least they can act, but even good actors don't make a lousy story great.
  14. May 11, 2014
    'The Ugly Truth' maybe has a "hot" cast but the ugly truth is that this movie relies on a lame script, boring dialogues and an amount of unfunny sentences that makes this flick unwatchable

1. Reviewed by: Stephen Farber
    A romantic comedy depends, of course, on the chemistry between the leads, and here the film is more successful. Both Heigl and Butler find the appeal in very flawed characters.
  2. Reviewed by: Todd McCarthy
    The Ugly Truth is an arch, contrived, entirely predictable romantic comedy assembled with sufficient audience-friendly elements to put it over as both a good girls' night attraction and a date-night lure raunchy enough to leave couples in the right mood afterward.
  3. The Ugly Truth isn't fizzy and fun -- it's vacuously snappy.