8.8

1. Feb 20, 2011
    This was a movie that I thought would be crappy, but turned out to be one of the greatest movies i've ever seen, it's got a touching story, my only complaint is that it's got bad acting, even with that you will enjoy the story, one I would highly recommend seeing.
  2. Sep 14, 2010
    I am captivated by this movie. Its moral and archetypal themes are timeless, the plot is well-paced, and the acting is superb, especially Drew Fuller. The rich family is an absurd caricature, but still really funny.

1. Reviewed by: Scott Foundas
    Directed with accomplished impersonality by Michael O. Sajbel ( One Night With the King), The Ultimate Gift means well, but in the end it's "The Pursuit of Happyness" made from the ivory tower looking down instead of from the street looking up.
  2. Reviewed by: Louis R. Carlozo
    The plot, though of the made-for-TV ilk, makes for good discussion fodder if you're trying to impress life's lessons on children or others you love. That said, be prepared to be hit over the head by the message, edifying as it is.
    There's nothing wrong with the moral of The Ultimate Gift's story; in fact there's everything right about it. But director Michael O. Sajbel too often succumbs to movie-of-the-week sentimentality and starchy pacing. Still, Breslin's captivating performance reminds you why she was recently nominated for an Oscar.