7.1

1. Jul 8, 2011
    What would you do to survive? Would you become an animal that will do anything to survive or would there still be some humanity left in you? Would you rely on good will of other people or would you just look after yourself? Would you be ruthless, merciless, without any sympathy to other beings or would you show mercy, offer shelter, give food even if you know that it will lead to yourWhat would you do to survive? Would you become an animal that will do anything to survive or would there still be some humanity left in you? Would you rely on good will of other people or would you just look after yourself? Would you be ruthless, merciless, without any sympathy to other beings or would you show mercy, offer shelter, give food even if you know that it will lead to your death? This is a film that brings out these questions and let's you answer them for yourself. A gripping film with good acting and in my opinion one of better film that have came out this year. Expand
  2. Jan 3, 2011
    gruelling true life prison escape and ensuing journey. i found saoirse ronan's performance particularly touching. beautiful, moving, in parts humorous snapshot of 1940's wartime madness.
  3. Apr 23, 2011
    Really enjoyed it.. Great adventure and very entertaining great performance by great actors. Great pictures and bluray version looks great! highly recommended!
  4. Nov 21, 2013
    Everything in this movie is just PERFECT.It is very difficult to find a good movie based on survival and this one is in the top 3 so far as per me.The characters are outstanding,the cinematography is at its best,locations were excellent.There is not a single flaw that I can point out.
  5. Jan 26, 2014
    This is one of those movies that I will remember forever. A true story about a group of people that escape a Siberian prison camp in 1941 and walk 4000 miles to freedom in India. The locations are beautiful, the acting was brilliant (particularly from Collin Farrel with his crazy Russian murderer character), the comedy is hilarious when it's there and the story is awe-inspiring. I can tellThis is one of those movies that I will remember forever. A true story about a group of people that escape a Siberian prison camp in 1941 and walk 4000 miles to freedom in India. The locations are beautiful, the acting was brilliant (particularly from Collin Farrel with his crazy Russian murderer character), the comedy is hilarious when it's there and the story is awe-inspiring. I can tell you now that I appreciate the life I have a lot more after seeing what these men (and one girl) had to go through. This is definitely the best survival/adventure movie I have ever seen, and as of now one of at least my top 5 favorite movies of all time. The way the director portrayed two death scenes in particular was... this may sound strange, but, beautiful. That final scene right at the end almost had me in tears. Expand

1. Reviewed by: Marc Savlov
    Jan 26, 2011
    Ultimately, however, The Way Back fails to connect on the all-important visceral, emotional level.
  2. Reviewed by: Mary Pols
    Jan 24, 2011
    The overall metaphor Weir was aiming for - this idea of enemies so powerful and a war so menacing and confusingly big that no place seems safe except a place absurdly far away - comes through clearly and stays with you.
  3. Reviewed by: Dan Kois
    Jan 22, 2011
    The Way Back diligently catalogs the outrages through which extreme cold, hunger and thirst put the body, and Weir's camera finds the terrible beauty in his actors' chapped lips, windburned cheeks and tenderized feet.