The Wicker Man

2.0

1. MarkG.
    Sep 2, 2006
    This was a good time, a failed horror, a mediocre mystery, but a hilarious possibly unintentional comedy. It was a fun movie.
  2. kit
    Aug 21, 2007
    The funniest film you'll ever see.
  3. JosephB
    Sep 11, 2006
    People are unjustly attacking a decent film.
  4. HannaA-L
    Oct 20, 2007
    This movie was so much better than the original. Move with the times everyone, lame folk music and slow slow SLOW plots are not interesting to the modern audience. The original was alright, but the 2006 one was SO much slicker, had better symbolism and imagery. Nic Cage was amazing, and so were the rest of the cast. This is one of my favourite films. The only reason people gave it such a This movie was so much better than the original. Move with the times everyone, lame folk music and slow slow SLOW plots are not interesting to the modern audience. The original was alright, but the 2006 one was SO much slicker, had better symbolism and imagery. Nic Cage was amazing, and so were the rest of the cast. This is one of my favourite films. The only reason people gave it such a bagging was because they are stuck in the past and can't accept modern ideas and that movie making has changed in the past thirty years. It is definitely a 10. Well done Nic Cage. Expand
  5. Feb 13, 2011
    Honestly, the best movie I have ever seen in my entire life. Cage's acting really brings it home. When he's screaming "THE BEES THE BEES" there is really this scene of truth and pain to the character. Spectacular. An absolute masterpiece.
  6. Apr 11, 2013
    What's in the bag, a shark or something?
    What's in the bag, a shark or something?
    This movie is undoubtedly the greatest achievement in cinema history. Nicolas "Not The Bees" Cage plays a troubled detective- but that doesn't really matter. The true achievement is not in the story, but in the acting and the writing- oh god, the writing. With such memorable lines as "Killing me won't bring back your goddamn honey" and "Step away from the bike".
    But seriously, if you go into this with the intent of laughing, you will.
  7. May 27, 2014
    This is undeniably terrible movie, but with one redeeming factor in the form of Nicolas Cage. The movie starts off slow and boring but eventually more and more insane stuff starts too happen. Highlights include: Nic Cage punching a women, nic cage running around in a bear suit, nic cage punching women in a bear suit, HOW'D IT GET BURNED! and of course NOT THE BEES!

This is one of the

This is one of the most unintentionally hilarious movies ever and if you get a few friends together (or buy the rifftrax commentary) then you will undoubtedly have a good time!

As a horror movie this is a 2 or 3 out of 10, but as a comedy this is hilarious and a sure fire 8.
  8. MantoothL.
    Sep 18, 2006
    The funniest movie you will see all year. It's up there with Showgirls as far as unintentional humour is concerned.
    Feb 28, 2007
    I am shocked at the hatred towards this film. I found it to be very interesting.
  10. MiguelG.
    Sep 22, 2006
    An average thriller that I enjoyed
  11. Oct 7, 2014
    I started watching "The Wicker Man" because it is "the worst movie with Nicolas Cage". That got me curious. And I was very surprised that I liked it and I would like to explain why. This is a true horror movie for grown-ups. You see, children are afraid of Freddy, of ghosts, zombies and all kinds of magical monsters that presumably live under their bed. But as we grow up we tend toI started watching "The Wicker Man" because it is "the worst movie with Nicolas Cage". That got me curious. And I was very surprised that I liked it and I would like to explain why. This is a true horror movie for grown-ups. You see, children are afraid of Freddy, of ghosts, zombies and all kinds of magical monsters that presumably live under their bed. But as we grow up we tend to understand that such monsters do not exist in real life. In Wicker Man we are presented with real monsters, horrible beings that are much scarier to me than any life-leaching ghoul or vurdalak. And the scariest part is that these beings really DO exist in the world, perhaps in a slightly different form. These monsters are...women... oops! Just joking here. Religious fanatics. Some people are so mentally handicapped that they believe that killing someone will make a better harvest. This is what happens when you let all kinds of **** persist in the air. And, frankly speaking, this part of humanity scares the **** out of me. So I wouldn't say it's the best movie, but it has a believable plot, with just a few minor flaws and decent acting. And even if this is the worst movie with Nicolas Cage, It's still a good movie which is damn impressive! Expand

The Wicker Man isn't all that bad a movie; it's visually striking and ambitious in some ways. It just fails to bring enough to the table to fully distance itself from the original.
  2. There may be a way to remake 1973's cult thriller The Wicker Man, in which a deeply Christian cop has his religious convictions shaken to the core as he investigates the disappearance of a child from within a cheerfully pagan community, but Neil LaBute didn't find it.
    This wasn't a horror film the first time around, and LaBute makes sorry feints at effective creepiness, letting the story roam in circles just like Cage.