6.7

1. Jul 26, 2013
    "The Wolverine" stays true to the comics, the Japanese arc of the comics is easily Wolverine's best story and this movie delivers more than justice! Best superhero movie of the summer.
  2. Aug 25, 2013
    With this much superhero moviesne life wolverine had to be different and it deliverd. It is a refreshment in this genre It doesn`t pretend to be a part of a bigger story insted it`s a stand alone movie about events in wolverine`s life. Action sequences a great and the movie fun.
  3. Aug 7, 2013
    Here is my video review for the film
    Short Conclusion: Those who are not easily satisfied may not enjoy this film. But I think those looking for a good time, a few laughs and some great action scenes will enjoy it. The Wolverine has been universally acknowledged as an improvement on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 68% and
    Here is my video review for the film

Short Conclusion:
    Those who are not easily satisfied may not enjoy this film. But I think those looking for a good time, a few laughs and some great action scenes will enjoy it. The Wolverine has been universally acknowledged as an improvement on X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Rotten Tomatoes gave it 68% and IGN gave it 8.5 but I’m going to side with seasoned film critics here and give it a 7/10.
  4. Aug 5, 2013
    "The Wolverine" proves itself to be a highly engaging thriller as far as this summer's line-up of films. If you loathed the previous origin film, you owe it to yourself to see this revival of the awesomeness that is the Wolverine.
  5. Jul 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. I thought that the movie started off a bit slow but, as my partner said, it just had to lay the foundation of the characters which is good. THe movie is amazing! I went opening night, which is rare for me since I typically don't enjoy the movie too much opening night due to the incessantly excessive noise people make but this was definitely worth the risk. It's an amazing movie that shows the depth of the Marvels Wolverine and how he ties in with the rest of the mutants. Be sure to wait until the end of the movie for a bonus! Go see it! Expand
  6. Jul 28, 2013
    A couple of unwanted plot twists can't bring down the Wolverine movie we comic book fans always needed and wanted. James Mangold's "The Wolverine" is eye-catchingly well-shot, narratively straightforward, thrillingly designed, and featuring yet another brilliant performance from Hugh Jackman as the film's titular character.
  7. Jul 28, 2013
    The wolverine is by far one of the best of the saga. I was on the edge of my seat enjoying ever scene and ill I g every second of this movie. I can't wait in the future of more films with huge jackman as the wolverine
  8. Jul 29, 2013
    for me ,the wolverine is one of best movies of super-heroes because i like wolverine and the scenario is very well .
    this sequel is very faithful to X Men The Last Stand
  9. Jul 28, 2013
    The critics are off on this one.. There is so many superhero films that they are starting to get sick of them. But The Wolverine, is not only a good superhero movie, it is a good movie. The characters, the acting, the action, the cinematography is all great here.
  10. Jul 26, 2013
    From the beginning I thought that this movie would the worse superhero movie of the year. But after exiting the cinema I was stunned, it was literally a huge surprise.Hugh Jackman kicks ass as the Wolverine like always and all the other actors did a solid job. The story was awesome, it was nice to see the Wolverine in another way; mortal and vulnerable. There where awesome fight scenes andFrom the beginning I thought that this movie would the worse superhero movie of the year. But after exiting the cinema I was stunned, it was literally a huge surprise.Hugh Jackman kicks ass as the Wolverine like always and all the other actors did a solid job. The story was awesome, it was nice to see the Wolverine in another way; mortal and vulnerable. There where awesome fight scenes and the script/conversations where decent. The ending was a surprise which I loved. I loved the envirenment, Japan and Tokia was interesting and beautiful, not like Origins (which was a sh*t movie, dont watch it). Overall, The Wolverine is one of the best action movies this year in my opinion. Expand
  11. Jul 28, 2013
    Movie was way better than I had expected. Wolverine actually has a kind of character arc and you learn a little more about the character. Surprisingly, the two supporting girls are pretty cool too. After Origins I just assumed this would be another schlockfest and for about 4/5 of the movie, it totally wasn't. The finale is where the movie loses its marbles but for entertaining me as longMovie was way better than I had expected. Wolverine actually has a kind of character arc and you learn a little more about the character. Surprisingly, the two supporting girls are pretty cool too. After Origins I just assumed this would be another schlockfest and for about 4/5 of the movie, it totally wasn't. The finale is where the movie loses its marbles but for entertaining me as long as it did, I give The Wolverine its due. Expand
  12. Jul 28, 2013
    Continued the X-men story-line quite well, and as usual be certain to watch after the credits for the standard X-men glimpse into what comes next. Having Wolverine advance the X-men to the next logical conclusion works, which at the same time including a good alternate personal adventure for The Wolverine to contend with. Logan must balance the pain of his past, his torturous guilt forContinued the X-men story-line quite well, and as usual be certain to watch after the credits for the standard X-men glimpse into what comes next. Having Wolverine advance the X-men to the next logical conclusion works, which at the same time including a good alternate personal adventure for The Wolverine to contend with. Logan must balance the pain of his past, his torturous guilt for having been in love with Jean Grey while at the same time, having to kill her. Jean is now subdued into Logan's dream world where she visits him in extremely sweet little nighties, always laying next to him in bed and calling him to the afterlife, now that he apparently has a chance to join her since the villain at this juncture has devised a plan to steal Logan's immortality.

The film has plenty of X-personal emotion-morality we have come to cherish in getting to understand the stoic, Maverick Wolverine over the years, and is certainly not shy on great and originally creative action sequences, one in particular on top of a train that has never been done before. Combined with Matrix-Era king-fu gang fights that Logan boxes his way through adds an extra cool touch with this film. I love the ending and its message, and he way it just continues the whole saga into yet another mystery of how this time they may all get together to save themselves, and humanity.
  13. Jul 26, 2013
    The Wolverine is a great film that restores my faith in the X-Men franchise. After the debacle that was X-Men Last Stand and Origins, I was completely turned off by the franchise. While X-Men First Class restored my faith, The Wolverine cemented it even further, with its focus on the psychology of the Wolverine. What is the price of immortality and what does that to a man? It'sThe Wolverine is a great film that restores my faith in the X-Men franchise. After the debacle that was X-Men Last Stand and Origins, I was completely turned off by the franchise. While X-Men First Class restored my faith, The Wolverine cemented it even further, with its focus on the psychology of the Wolverine. What is the price of immortality and what does that to a man? It's essentially a smaller film, and director James Mangold understood this fact. Kudos for Jackman, who has inhabited this role for 13 years! This is the role that made him a star and he knew it inside and out. Nods should be given to the Japanese casts, amazing considering the ladies were essentially first timers. The only qualm I have: after going to this realistic and gritty road, faithful to the comic, it went for a typical comic book style climax. Other than that though, a solid film and a great appetizer for X-Men Days of Future Past. Expand
  14. Jul 27, 2013
    Great movie in general. Not to mention the best superhero movie of this summer so far! It is has a great plot that focuses more on character development than action. Dont miss this one!
  15. Jul 28, 2013
    The least said about the last one the better...This one is just awesome! It takes the character of Wolvie into new territory with some drama to it and we see a side of Logan we don't usually see. Add in some great action and the movie is just killer!
  16. Aug 7, 2013
    5 points out of the 7 I have given the movie is solely attributable to Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. I think he does a great job of capturing the internally conflicted and raging character of Logan. Showing both his strong and weak sides. The cinematography and capturing of the scenes in the various settings are also quite well done. Tao Okamoto is beautiful and she does a decent5 points out of the 7 I have given the movie is solely attributable to Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. I think he does a great job of capturing the internally conflicted and raging character of Logan. Showing both his strong and weak sides. The cinematography and capturing of the scenes in the various settings are also quite well done. Tao Okamoto is beautiful and she does a decent job portraying Mariko and the connection she has with Wolverine.

The movie lacks the existence of a strong villain and other mutants but corresponds decently by weakening Wolverine for a majority of the film. The story is somewhat predictable and the action was done quite well. What was missing from this movie was simply a degree of 'Wow' that made me get out of my seat. Perhaps a stronger Villain or the choice of a better Wolverine sidestory would have made this better....
  17. Aug 16, 2013
    I was hoping for something a little more special, but what you get is solid. Hugh Jackman is great as Wolverine like always and I can't wait to see him more in the future. B
  18. Aug 11, 2013
    For sure, it's a lot better than X-Men Origins, but it's not exactly the best superhero movie ever made. Director James Mangold knows what he's doing this time around and does it to the best of his abilities. Overall, it's the Wolverine movie people have been expecting. Be sure to check out my YouTube channel "TheMovieManLife" for all things movies.
  19. Sep 7, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. Hugh Jackman finally got the lead in his own movie! After being associated with X-Men Origins and more, The Wolverine delivered the entertainment value we hoped for in this film.

The movie trails Logan (Hugh Jackman) and his journey to Japan to be thanked by Yashida, (Hal Yamanouchi) who Logan saved as a young soldier. Yashida was very sick and wanted Logan's power of immortality so he can be healthy again. We see Yashida die, and learn that his company has been left to Yashida's granddaughter, Mariko (Tao Okamoto) and not his corrupt son. She becomes the new owner Yashida Technology and her life is immediately in danger as the others try to kill her and take over the company.

Meanwhile, Viper (Svetlana Khodchenkova) kisses Wolverine in what seems to be an unrelated scene. Wolverine gets injured and doesn’t heal. Logan and the audience begin to uncover the plot to steal Logan’s powers. We learn that Viper passed Wolverine a spider in the kiss which now lives on his heart and neutralizes his powers, making him vulnerable. We follow Logan through his attempt to retrieve his power and save Yashida's granddaughter, Mariko.

Between the amazing (mostly CGI (computer-generated imagery)) fight scenes, and the quality of the cast's acting, I really enjoyed the film. There was a great fight scene in the film, (also featured in the trailer) on the top of a bullet train. Logan's bone claws dug into the train to keep his position. When he would take them out to dodge objects or fight, he would lose contact with the train which was traveling below him at 300MPH. He would then literally fly above the train. It thought that was a truly amazing effect.

What I didn't like was the flaw in Logan's vulnerability. After counting four gunshots to the chest, and a knife to the elbow, Logan still managed to fight and get around as if he still had his regular abilities. He didn’t even seem to worry about the wounds for a whole day, which made that period of the movie feel fake to me. I also am not sure what it is with Hugh and his shirt off. Seriously, 40% of his screen time is spent shirtless. It got to a point where the 44 year old man should have just put a shirt on. Also, there are a few shaky camera scenes when Logan is running and the camera is following him. I know it is supposed to add a level of intensity to the film, but it’s not intense when you start to get dizzy. The dizziness occurred at least twice, during my viewing of the film. Despite the few things I didn't like about The Wolverine, I mostly enjoyed it and was entertained. After hearing about the amazing spoiler in the credits, I stayed after everyone else in the theater left to see what it was all about. If you do not want to hear about this scene, I recommend you ignore the rest of the review.

It is two years later and Logan is going through airport security. The x-ray is beeping like crazy and metal objects near him are floating. He quickly turns around to find Magneto behind him in line. As they are talking, time stops except for the two of them, Professor Xavier rolls up near them. He looked almost too perfect and produced from CGI (computer-generated imagery). As in the first X-Men Wolverine, Xavier says the same sentence. “It’s as I told you when we first met, Logan, you're not the only one with special gifts." This to me was the first reveal of the future 2014 X-Men movie, Days Of Future Past.
  20. Jul 26, 2013
    Thank God it wasn't like the X-men Origins: Wolverine. Great acting, good actions scenes (specially the one on the train), interesting story and an amazing teaser (during the credits) for the next upcoming movie.
  21. Jul 26, 2013
    Pretty decent Marvel-based movie. Wolverine is brutal as always. The story is OK, though Japanese/Yakuza/Ninja theme is not my piece of cake. There are some intense battle scenes, but nothing special overall.
  22. Jul 29, 2013
    Fans of the horrible Origins film filled with miscasted characters, forced plot with nothing attached to the true comic arc at all, and never a real take on who Logan is will hate this film. It has a tight script focusing on Logan as The Wolverine and no so much the X Men. If people were looking for X Men 4 they are not going to see it here. Its better. Logan is his own story and thatsFans of the horrible Origins film filled with miscasted characters, forced plot with nothing attached to the true comic arc at all, and never a real take on who Logan is will hate this film. It has a tight script focusing on Logan as The Wolverine and no so much the X Men. If people were looking for X Men 4 they are not going to see it here. Its better. Logan is his own story and thats what they focused on and thats why I liked it. The major villian in this film isnt the Ninja's or Silver Sam it's Logan himself. If you cant see that then watch it again as a stand alone film not as a film attached to the X Men franchise. Its a look into Logan and why he is who he is. Expand
  23. Jul 26, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Wolverine succeeds mostly by doing everything right that the Logan's first solo outing did wrong. Chiefly, focusing on the main character and not diluting his presence with a procession of weak, 4th tier mutants.

Using the Miller/Claremont run of Logan in Japan as a blueprint we find the Canadian moping after the final moments of The Last Stand and haunted by his actions. He is drawn into a conspiracy in Japan featuring Corporations, Ninjas and Yakuza.

Jackman obviously has Logan down to a fine art after 6 films and he plays well on screen with his new co-stars. I especially enjoyed his interactions with Yukio. The weak point in the cast may well be Viper. Not that she is particularly badly played, but her character seems misplaced and over the top in a film that is mostly grounded in reality.

The same can be said of the last act. The rest of the film is grounded in a gritty reality that is abandoned for a run of the mill bad guy show down that hits all the usual cliches. The plot also gets a little convoluted and it can be hard to keep check on who's aligned with who.

Quibbles aside, this is the best solo outing we could have hoped for after the dire Origins. It revives the character of Wolverine from the doldrums (First Class cameo not withstanding) and through a jaw dropping credits stinger sets up next years Days of Futures Past.
  24. Jul 30, 2013
    Some people may argue this point but in my opinion this is the best X-men film yet. (First class being runner up). As you can't treat a film that is 5th in a series, when it intentionally relates back to events in other movies, as stand alone, other movies must be mentioned. Briefly X-men 1,2,3 suffer the plight of a lot of comic book films. They feel satisfied to show you the charactersSome people may argue this point but in my opinion this is the best X-men film yet. (First class being runner up). As you can't treat a film that is 5th in a series, when it intentionally relates back to events in other movies, as stand alone, other movies must be mentioned. Briefly X-men 1,2,3 suffer the plight of a lot of comic book films. They feel satisfied to show you the characters without really many of the actors really owning them or doing anything unique with them. Halle Berry for instance can act. When she played storm though she went completely one dimensional. Comic books are things which have been adapted and re-interpreted for decades. And the transition to film has worked a lot better for some comics than others. X1 to X3 were treated as ensemble films with some actors getting bigger pieces than others, when they should have been treated more like overlapping story-line's with common characters. Truer to the medium.

This is the first X-man film to successfully get away from all that. Now X-man origins gave it a solid try but none of the characters, including a woefully underused gambit, were given any emotional depth in that film. X-men first class was a good ensemble film, but was still an ensemble film. None of the characters were particularly dynamic, though it was at least well done.

This film is about Wolverine. Now Wolverine as far as X-men go has always suffered the downside of being a bit too overpowered with his healing abilities. This film does a good job of making, and showing his fragile side. This is accomplished in two parts, with some unknown (Spoilers) ailment he suffers and with dream's/hallucinations of the late Jean Gray. Something which comes off as a bit odd because in X1-X3 she didn't have much of a romance story arc with wolverine. Even though she plays the roll in this film beautifully. In the comic she does and it would have been nice to be treated to maybe a scene near the beginning, a classy black and white of SOMETHING happening between those two. Maybe during a side mission somewhere around the events of X1 or X2. Just a little something to show their romance bloomed beyond anything rated G.
    Aside from hallucinations of Cyclops under-dressed girlfriend there is wolverines new found physical frailness to contend with. Frailty is something hard to execute correctly in film. Too much and your hero is a sissy. Not enough and you wonder what the holdup is. In this movie with some cinematic tricks reminiscent of the opening to saving private Ryan, they manage to show Hugh Jackman struggling with a weakness he is not used to, and they manage to a accomplish this with great success, and without holding him back.

The plot of this films is also quite good up until the last 20 minutes or so. People have commented the film lacks a real villain. And its true. But some stories aren't necessarily about bringing down the bad guy. A big part of this film is Wolverine trying to save someone, and trying to save himself spiritually in the process. To that end being attacked by numerous anonymous henchmen with no clear view who is after him works really well, though it was obviously simplified a bit in the adaptation.
    There are moments of comic book excellence in the cinematography where without anything being colored in, or split screened you can almost feel the artists vision leaping off of the page. And it is really cool when a film accomplishes that. So many comic book films try with those iconic images and fall so short.
    Having 90% of the film take place in a slightly stylized Japan also works really well as both the character and audience feel like they are on unfamiliar but quite beautiful ground.

I have three criticisms of this film. The first is in the ending of the film a couple of things happen for unclear reasons. Minor characters act in a certain way, uncharacteristic of what little we know of them. It comes off as sloppy and rushed. Secondly The scenes with Jean Gray need backing up. She was hauntingly beautiful for Wolverine's internal monologue, but if I didn't know the mythos it would have been creepy. Finally right at the end of the film something happens to wolverine's claws. And in the teaser of X-men future past this is apparently not corrected. But the last two things are minor annoyances really and the film makes me look forward to days of future past.

On the grand scale of comic book films, The dark Knight and Watchmen being the best, The second hulk and green hornet being the worst (of this iteration at least) This film falls short of being the best. But shows the franchise is capable of moving in the right direction. It just needs to keep going the same way it went with this film and carry it just a bit further.
  25. Jul 26, 2013
    Better than Wolverine Origins but not by enough. Was good but not great, left wanting more. Have to say the preview for Days of Future Past after the credits looked like it will easily be the greatest X-men movie ever.
  26. Jul 27, 2013
    Good solid movie for fans of the comic genre with lots of action. Don't forget to wait for the teaser preview of an up coming X-men movie during the beginning part of the credits.
  27. Jul 26, 2013
    Fortunately, Mangold keeps things running smoothly until the last half-hour and, in the end, accomplishes what he wanted: to do right by the great Wolverine comic book mini-series written by Chris Claremont and illustrated by Frank Miller. As such, The Wolverine ranks among the better X-Men movies along with Bryan Singer’s first two installments and Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First ClassFortunately, Mangold keeps things running smoothly until the last half-hour and, in the end, accomplishes what he wanted: to do right by the great Wolverine comic book mini-series written by Chris Claremont and illustrated by Frank Miller. As such, The Wolverine ranks among the better X-Men movies along with Bryan Singer’s first two installments and Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class even though its artistic compromises prevent it from reaching greatness. One last note: The Wolverine features post-converted 3D that adds little to the film and makes the dark scenery even murkier, so those who are picky about the premium ticket prices are advised to go for a 2D screening. Also, be sure to stay after the end titles begin there is indeed a mid-credits scene that’s worth waiting around for. Expand
  28. Aug 4, 2013
    To my surprise this film is quite good. Largely because it focuses on story with well timed and poignant dialog. The use of action sequences and the superhero elements as support instead makes for a very entertaining movie.
  29. ERB
    Jul 27, 2013
    Nice and exciting movie can't wait for It's sequel.
  30. Jul 26, 2013
    2009's X-men Origins: Wolverine was received negatively by both critics and the majority of the fans of the character. Now the character has a chance to redeem himself with this year's the Wolverine and for the most part he does. This film has really tried to please the fans as it was loosely based on the beloved Japan story line from the comics and it is clear that the film has tried to2009's X-men Origins: Wolverine was received negatively by both critics and the majority of the fans of the character. Now the character has a chance to redeem himself with this year's the Wolverine and for the most part he does. This film has really tried to please the fans as it was loosely based on the beloved Japan story line from the comics and it is clear that the film has tried to fix the problems that were complained about in the previous solo Wolverine film. Despite taking place after the events of X-men: The Last Stand this film attempts to distance itself from the rest of the X-men characters and story and focuses solely on the Wolverine character and as a result this film feels very different to all previous X-men films. This allows for the best portrayal of Wolverine's character that we have seen so far and Hugh Jackman also delivers his best performance of the character to date. I really enjoyed the pacing of the film as well because although it was a face paced action film it wasn't afraid to slow things down and develop the characters and the relationships between them. However it never slows down for too long before it picks up the pace with another action scene. The action in this film is also very well done because every sequence is creative and has a purpose so it never feels like the mindless action we've come to expect in big budget summer films. Humour is also used effectively in this film as the writers take advantage of Wolverine's IDGAF attitude. However the film isn't perfect as there is one other mutant character that occasionally seems slightly out of place and some people might find her character a bit too over the top. Also from time to time it does feel like they are playing it too safe to insure that they don't make any of the same mistakes as the last Wolverine film. Overall The Wolverine, although not perfect, is a fun superhero film that gets a lot of things right about what makes the Wolverine character so popular. Expand
  31. Jul 27, 2013
    Good story.Good acting.In movie,some scene is very slow,to talk about Wolverine and Mariko Yashida 's love story.It just can cut some.Some character and Scene can delete,like Viper .The Secret Endings is very surprise.One of good x-men movie even made.
  32. Aug 1, 2013
    The wolverine is a really good movie not the best movie ever but a seriously good movie. It is a really solid action movie and its got great scenes filmed well and the story is pretty solid yet simplistic. It is one of the best xmen related movies yet better than xmen origins wolverine and the other 3 but falling just low of first class. Watch it if you can and also a really good revealThe wolverine is a really good movie not the best movie ever but a seriously good movie. It is a really solid action movie and its got great scenes filmed well and the story is pretty solid yet simplistic. It is one of the best xmen related movies yet better than xmen origins wolverine and the other 3 but falling just low of first class. Watch it if you can and also a really good reveal for the next xmen movie after the credits so stay for that. Expand
  33. Jul 26, 2013
    This movie was off the chain. Judging by my profile you can see I rarely ever give a perfect score for anything but this movie was amazing. Not only was it the best action movie I've seen in a while, it is the best movie I have seen in a very long time. This was a very well put together movie. I honestly wasn't even planning on seeing this because it just looked like a random one off storyThis movie was off the chain. Judging by my profile you can see I rarely ever give a perfect score for anything but this movie was amazing. Not only was it the best action movie I've seen in a while, it is the best movie I have seen in a very long time. This was a very well put together movie. I honestly wasn't even planning on seeing this because it just looked like a random one off story in Wolverines life filled with unrecognizable characters. But the characters are well written and acted perfectly. The action was amazing with each scene being as memorable as the last. I was just blown away by this movie because I came in expecting a lackluster forgettable story, and I got so much more. This movie left me wanting more, and I hope the characters make a future return in Wolverine's life. I'm not going to spoil anything, but I suggest you go see this movie. Ignore the critics and negative reviews, this is a 5 star action flick that will keep you on the edge of your seat (it literally gave me chills). I do't understand how anyone can give this movie less than and 8, but you can't please everybody. Overall I guarantee you won't be disappointed, money well spent. Expand
  34. Jul 28, 2013
    I'd say this was the second best Marvel movie thus far, after Avengers. Behind it, I would put Iron Man 1 & 2, Captain America and some of the x-men trilogy. The Spiderman movies would come after that...
  35. Jul 26, 2013
    I feel like if you are a fan of the Claremont/Miller miniseries you can't not like this. It does its best of keeping characters intact while deviating from the comics in the sake of a self contained story and grander character development. As a Wolverine fan it was nice to see a meaningful relationship blossom between Wolverine and Mariko, unlike the comics where it really is love atI feel like if you are a fan of the Claremont/Miller miniseries you can't not like this. It does its best of keeping characters intact while deviating from the comics in the sake of a self contained story and grander character development. As a Wolverine fan it was nice to see a meaningful relationship blossom between Wolverine and Mariko, unlike the comics where it really is love at first sight. Instead here Wolverine falls in love not entirely with the character, but rather with the idea of being a protector, a take that is a welcome addition to the Claremont storyline. As for Silver Samurai and Viper, let us not forget they were involved in the X Men issues directly connecting to the Wolverine miniseries, their characters have undertaken slight adjustments in order to incorporate ideas from the Fatal Attractions storyline. I loved that some of the plot took from Wolverine's side of this storyline because it was one of the few times in the series where Logan did feel vulnerable. All in all I think its the best character study of Wolverine any fan could ask for. Wolverine struggles with his animalistic urges and his commitment to reform, he grapples to find meaning in his endless immortality, and he ultimately finds purpose, a purpose that is fulfilled in his return as an X-Man. None of these developments are significantly or profoundly discovered, rather they are slowly revealed, which may turn casual movie goers off from enjoying this film. As a thoughtful exploration of Wolverine's character and a grand homage to incredible source material though, how can any Wolverine fan say no to this movie? It is the best X-Men movie and one of the best comic based movies. Expand
  36. Jul 27, 2013
    Stay for the credits on this one, you won't be disappointed. The Wolverine manages to wash away the frothy and dirty taste of the X-men Origins movie before it and gives the best PG-13 Wolverine movie that could have been accomplished. The action is fluid and vicious, the stabs are bloody, the violence is gritty, but there's enough depth to it to really sink into. The train sequence andStay for the credits on this one, you won't be disappointed. The Wolverine manages to wash away the frothy and dirty taste of the X-men Origins movie before it and gives the best PG-13 Wolverine movie that could have been accomplished. The action is fluid and vicious, the stabs are bloody, the violence is gritty, but there's enough depth to it to really sink into. The train sequence and some flashbacks in particular really shine. The last 20 minutes seemed to drag a little bit, and there's a rather predictable ending. All negatives aside I really enjoyed this movie, the after credits sequence again is one of the best I've ever seen and Hugh Jackman is in perfect form as Wolverine. There's talk of an R-rated cut on the DVD and one can't help but imagine how the film would be like that but I suppose we'll find out when the DVD releases. Overall really enjoyable film that I would give a solid recommendation to any action fan and X-men fans especially. Expand
  37. Aug 28, 2013
    As expected this was a great addition to the X-Men series that focuses on just Wolverine, and it was an improvement on the first solo Wolverine film. It's a little more serious and less corny than previous installments which is a very good thing, and has a few twists & turns in there as well as plenty of Action. Jackman once again proves that he was the right choice for this character asAs expected this was a great addition to the X-Men series that focuses on just Wolverine, and it was an improvement on the first solo Wolverine film. It's a little more serious and less corny than previous installments which is a very good thing, and has a few twists & turns in there as well as plenty of Action. Jackman once again proves that he was the right choice for this character as he has delivered every time he portrays him. Overall great stuff, and stick around during the credits! Expand
  38. Jul 28, 2013
    Just like Tom Cruise in Oblivion, Hugh Jackman in his Wolverine shows off GYM pack body throughout the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  39. Jul 26, 2013
    This past weekend at San Diego Comic Con, Toys and Geek was able to catch an early screening of “The Wolverine”, introduced by none other than Hugh Jackman himself and the film’s director James Mangold.
    After a few comments regarding the film, its challenges and goals the lights dimmed and those lucky enough to get inside the small theater in downtown San Diego got see the movie in its entirety.
    And the result, I’m happy to say, was a success.
    After the bad taste the last Wolverine film left in my mouth (not to mention X-Men 3) I was a bit hesitant about what we would get this time around. However those fears where quickly laid to rest during the opening moments of the movie.
    If it was the director’s goal for the film to grab your attention from the get go, then he succeeded. The first few minutes of the film are also some of its most intense. I’ll try to keep this as spoiler free as possible but let’s just say it starts off in Japan during one of the most terrifying events in that nations history. In fact, 90% of the film is set in Japan and the change of scenery from the typical “New York, Chicago, Los Angles, was a welcome one.
    The movies opening also fits in with the overall theme, which James Mangold pointed out before the showing was “Everything the Wolverine loves, dies”. And we get to see the effects this has on Logan, particularly the death of Jean Grey, aka The Phoenix, who died at the hands (or claws) of Wolverine at the end of X-Men 3. I was happy to see the return of Famke Janseen who reprises her role of Jean Grey and was in the movie a lot more than I thought she would be. But we soon discover that Wolverine’s psyche isn't as indestructible as his Adamantium skeleton. In this regard Hugh Jackman does a good job of giving the character a bit more depth and also makes him more relatable than in previous installments. While some of the supporting cast feels at times underused, Rila Fukushima, who plays Yukio does a great job. Her fight scenes are some of the best in the movie and she adds some well placed humor to the film.
    Another aspect I appreciated about the movie was that in a world in which “comic book” movies are often dominated by CGI, this film was surprisingly “human” for a lack of a better word. Not that I am anti-special effects by any means however this movie didn’t trout out an endless stream of mutants. There were no cities being destroyed. No larger than life “Super Villain”. Although I enjoyed The Man of Steel, some felt the mass destruction and CGI special effects where a bit much. The Wolverine takes a different path. The fight scenes for the most part are intense and personal, often showcasing the martial art skills of the cast. The result, I felt was a much more personal story and one I left the theater feeling satisfied with.
    The one sour note of the movie was oddly enough the villains. Fans of the Silver Samurai may feel disappointed with how the character is portrayed and how much screen time he actually gets. And the Viper, played by Svetlana Khodchenkova, felt a bit underdeveloped. But this movie is more about Logan’s personal demons than with fighting an arch enemy. His battles with what he has lost in his life versus what he has to look forward to along with weighting the benefits of his mutant powers against the costs are at center stage here. To that end, I would encourage moviegoers to enter the theater with an open mind. Look to go on an adventure and be entertained for a couple of hours. In that regard you won’t be disappointed. The Wolverine delivers a fun and exciting experience.
  40. Jul 30, 2013
    An action packed superhero movie that combines great superheroes with awesome samurai action. A great hero, an awesome villain, and great girls. What could be better. By the way, I'm not going to spoil it for you, but there is a mid-credits scene, and you don't want to miss it, so don't leave the theater until he credits are over.
  41. Jul 26, 2013
    I really enjoyed The Wolverine, a huge step up from the misfire that was Origins. It most certainly stuck true to the comics, and for a Marvel movie, was very intense. Much better than Man of Steel.
  42. Jul 31, 2013
    "The Wolverine" is the best presentation of Logan's adventures. Filled with darkness story is ideally suited for this superhero. The mood of the story enhances the music composed by Marco Beltrami, which perfectly captures the atmosphere. In the land of the rising sun, the samurai steel intersects with the adamantium claws. The battle scenes are visionary presented. And the fight on the"The Wolverine" is the best presentation of Logan's adventures. Filled with darkness story is ideally suited for this superhero. The mood of the story enhances the music composed by Marco Beltrami, which perfectly captures the atmosphere. In the land of the rising sun, the samurai steel intersects with the adamantium claws. The battle scenes are visionary presented. And the fight on the top of the train between Wolverine and Yakuza gang is one of the best scenes in this film. Director James Mangold skilfully presents the conflict of the main character, who must confront not only with new enemies but also with his dark past. But the best revelation of this film is the phenomenal performance by Hugh Jackman, who is just excellent for this role! Starting today when I hear Wolverine I can only see Hugh Jackman. Expand
  43. Feb 27, 2014
    Arguably the best Wolverine movie yet, and let's be honest all the X-Men movies but "First Class" were about him, so that's a pretty big compliment. The action is great and Hugh Jackman is still perfect as Wolverine. The plot here is also very good even if it does include an almost pointless romance as well as a predictable final plot twist. Overall though it's hard to complain about aArguably the best Wolverine movie yet, and let's be honest all the X-Men movies but "First Class" were about him, so that's a pretty big compliment. The action is great and Hugh Jackman is still perfect as Wolverine. The plot here is also very good even if it does include an almost pointless romance as well as a predictable final plot twist. Overall though it's hard to complain about a superhero movie when the action and special effects are this good. I also really enjoyed the new characters.

It's safe to say that if you are an X-Men or Wolverine fan then you should enjoy this movie. Even as someone who hasn't always enjoyed the X-Men movies I really enjoyed this one. So I find this to be one that is easily recommendable. Do yourself a favor on this one and be sure to watch through the credits.
  44. Dec 8, 2013
    A very big surprise! The movie had a very good story. Setting was awesome! a lot of clever fight scenes.
    special effects were great as well. only problem is the movie falls apart in the last 10 mins. other then that! I highly recommend it!
  45. Jul 27, 2013
    Just saw the 3d version today, as a life long wolverine fan I can honestly say they got it right. The whole time I kept thinking "why couldn't this be the movie we got a few years ago instead of origins." if you're on the fence about seeing this movie take my advice and do it. Its totally worth it.
  46. Feb 23, 2014
    The Wolverine was a very good movie but didn't quite live up to the hype or the potential. The pace and style was unlike any other X-Men movie made to this point and I thought that was actually a good thing. It spent more time on the development of the characters and the emotions. The only negative for me was the last 15-20 minutes or so. It felt rushed, nonsensical, and just mediocre inThe Wolverine was a very good movie but didn't quite live up to the hype or the potential. The pace and style was unlike any other X-Men movie made to this point and I thought that was actually a good thing. It spent more time on the development of the characters and the emotions. The only negative for me was the last 15-20 minutes or so. It felt rushed, nonsensical, and just mediocre in general. They failed to make any motives make sense and the twist was too cliche. It was a good movie but it deserved a much better ending. Expand
  47. Aug 14, 2013
    La pelicula no es muy buena pero...es entretenida hasta eso, solo que senti un poco enredada y forzada la trama de wolverine lidiando con su pasado y bueno que mas puedo decir..para una renta esta bien..
  48. Aug 6, 2013
    Overall not a bad film. Action was very good and Jackman as always does a fantastic job as Wolverine. The story just didn't hit it on all fronts. I felt that they are utilizing characters that are not as well known. My issue is that there is so much material to draw from I am not sure why they are choosing to highlight lesser known stories and mutants. And on that front there reallyOverall not a bad film. Action was very good and Jackman as always does a fantastic job as Wolverine. The story just didn't hit it on all fronts. I felt that they are utilizing characters that are not as well known. My issue is that there is so much material to draw from I am not sure why they are choosing to highlight lesser known stories and mutants. And on that front there really weren't any mutants besides wolverine. In the previous films they made the mistake on trying to get in too many mutants. Now they just went in the opposite direction and essentially included none. Again the movie isn't bad by any means. I just know that x-men movies can be a lot better. Expand
  49. Aug 1, 2013
    After the disappointment of X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the series basically had nowhere to go but up. And after this, I would go ahead and say the series has redeemed itself. Continuing the quality created X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine is a simply great movie, and it portrays the character in the way we've always wanted to see him. A great plot, memorable characters, intenseAfter the disappointment of X-Men 3 and X-Men Origins: Wolverine, the series basically had nowhere to go but up. And after this, I would go ahead and say the series has redeemed itself. Continuing the quality created X-Men: First Class, The Wolverine is a simply great movie, and it portrays the character in the way we've always wanted to see him. A great plot, memorable characters, intense action scenes, and an immensely surprising scene during the credits leave you not only incredibly satisfied with the flick, but even more excited for the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. If you are an X-Men fan, or a Marvel fan in general, defiantly check out this movie. Collapse
  50. Nov 10, 2013
    At first, I wasn't too intimidated to see "The Wolverine" but I thought, why not give it a go? And it turns out that it was quite worth it. You know the scene where the Wolverine and another guy fights on the train, I thought that that was gonna be really cheesy. But no. That was one of the best fight scenes in the whole movie.
  51. Dec 6, 2013
    Look I hate bad movies, but this movie is hardly bad, it has some nice acting, it stays true to the comic and it has some great action scenes. Sure at times I felt Logan's pure hatred for life was kinda silly, but I also understood why he was in pain and couldn't let Gene go, that's one of the steps of grief....until he finds his new Japanese girlfriend and then that emotional part losesLook I hate bad movies, but this movie is hardly bad, it has some nice acting, it stays true to the comic and it has some great action scenes. Sure at times I felt Logan's pure hatred for life was kinda silly, but I also understood why he was in pain and couldn't let Gene go, that's one of the steps of grief....until he finds his new Japanese girlfriend and then that emotional part loses all of it's steam because he immediately lets Gene go, and then there's the Japanese archer whose story a arch is kinda broken, he's the bad guy, but he's not because of unfathomable reasons, his character was cool, but he needed a better back-story and his role needed serious tweaking. STILL, despite those dumb sub-plots, the films stays true to everything that makes the Wolverine character so great, admittedly this film isn't as great as the original trilogy but I still felt it was an enjoyable addition to the sub-X-men films, I won't guarantee you anything, but if you've liked the X-men films so far, you will probably like this one too. Expand
  52. Dec 29, 2013
    It's badass, mutant, samurai movies like these that make me look back at Origins and laugh out loud at how got damn awful that film is.
    The Wolverine has gotten me pumped to see how good/or bad Days Of Future past will be, i CANT GODDMAN WAIT
  53. Jul 29, 2013
    Easily the best action movie of the summer. Although Pacific Rim is real close! Come on, Wolverine and Ninjas! What else do you need? Ok, it does have one too many dream sequences, we got the point alright. Also it panders to the audience a couple of times like when he asked if that was a bullet train. Other than that top notch all the way. And with so many fuddy duddies like Lone RangerEasily the best action movie of the summer. Although Pacific Rim is real close! Come on, Wolverine and Ninjas! What else do you need? Ok, it does have one too many dream sequences, we got the point alright. Also it panders to the audience a couple of times like when he asked if that was a bullet train. Other than that top notch all the way. And with so many fuddy duddies like Lone Ranger and RIPD we welcome Wolverine with a great big bear hug. mmmmh Expand
  54. Jan 4, 2014
    I liked it, im sure it is very difficult to completely screw up a movie based on such an amazing character. We're are given wolverine in Japan. Sounds cool but for me it was pretty dull and not very interesting. I mean sure we have the wolverine kicking ass as usual but not as much as in wolverine origins and I thought the Asian dude in the robot suit looked way too cgi and everything elseI liked it, im sure it is very difficult to completely screw up a movie based on such an amazing character. We're are given wolverine in Japan. Sounds cool but for me it was pretty dull and not very interesting. I mean sure we have the wolverine kicking ass as usual but not as much as in wolverine origins and I thought the Asian dude in the robot suit looked way too cgi and everything else just didn't get me involved. Once again its a good movie but come on its the wolverine this should be amazing. Expand
  55. Mar 18, 2014
    So it has one part, ONE PART that lasts about 15 minutes involving a giant robot mech samurai thingamabob (that I thought was, well, okay) that pissed people off about this movie? The rest of the film was great! Much better than Origins. Well-paced, character/story driven, with a balancing of awesome action scenes (the train scene in particular). Plus, that setup for Days of Future pastSo it has one part, ONE PART that lasts about 15 minutes involving a giant robot mech samurai thingamabob (that I thought was, well, okay) that pissed people off about this movie? The rest of the film was great! Much better than Origins. Well-paced, character/story driven, with a balancing of awesome action scenes (the train scene in particular). Plus, that setup for Days of Future past during the credits, just ended it on an awesome note. If you haven't seen it yet, and you're worried about the negative remarks from people and the average reviews, don't worry. Just go watch it and see for yourself. I enjoyed it. Plus, it's one of Marvel's better movies, especially after the boring Spiderman reboot and that joke of a "film" Iron Man 3. Expand
  56. Jul 30, 2013
    An excellent adaptation of my favourite Wolverine comic series, The Wolverine does a fantastic job of developing the character further than ever before (and much better than the last installment of the Wolverine franchise). Action scenes are fast and beautifully choreographed with much better CGI than before (referring to the claws mostly) and it's much better on the violence side too!An excellent adaptation of my favourite Wolverine comic series, The Wolverine does a fantastic job of developing the character further than ever before (and much better than the last installment of the Wolverine franchise). Action scenes are fast and beautifully choreographed with much better CGI than before (referring to the claws mostly) and it's much better on the violence side too!
    The soundtrack is also fantastic, as is the acting, especially good from Jackman this time, but also from everyone else involved.

In summary, my new favourite comic book hero film of all time! I'll be watching this for a long long time. And I hope you do to. Great respect to the Director.
  57. Aug 18, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. The Wolverine is the newest X-men film to hit cinemas this year. I am genuinely surprised that this film was only given a 6.9 by users as it was incredibly enjoyable. I felt my self on the edge of the seat constantly. That one scene where wolverine rips a parasite out of his heart had me shaking for the next 10 minutes of the film. I walked out of that cinema debating the film's age rating. The UK rating is 12A so I was permitted to see it. However it was in my opinion borderline 15 and I was a little shocked as I expected a typical superhero movie (guns, explosions) and I was handed a plateful of gore! But you know what? That was what I liked. I like a film that I can watch without getting scared but just staring at all the blood and saying 'awesome!!!!'. All in all, I really enjoyed 'The Wolverine' and I am truly glad that it wasn't rated a 15!!! Expand
  58. May 25, 2014
    Really enjoyed this movie! I've always been a huge fan of Wolverine and this movie just further solidified that! I really loved how the story involved Logan getting his power of regeneration taken away from him, in addition to having a romance thrown into the mix. It really made him seem more like an actual human character instead of just some unstoppable beast! All in all it's a greatReally enjoyed this movie! I've always been a huge fan of Wolverine and this movie just further solidified that! I really loved how the story involved Logan getting his power of regeneration taken away from him, in addition to having a romance thrown into the mix. It really made him seem more like an actual human character instead of just some unstoppable beast! All in all it's a great superhero flick that any fan of the X-Men is going to want to check out! Expand
  59. Aug 12, 2013
    The best superhero movies are the ones where they can capture actions only those characters can pull off... Spidey swinging, Superman saving a plane, hulk smashing things.... Wolverine does that with the character to a degree. Unfortunately it does the same couple moves over and over. Expect a lot of last minute saves before being knocked off the edge. Other than that the action is theThe best superhero movies are the ones where they can capture actions only those characters can pull off... Spidey swinging, Superman saving a plane, hulk smashing things.... Wolverine does that with the character to a degree. Unfortunately it does the same couple moves over and over. Expect a lot of last minute saves before being knocked off the edge. Other than that the action is the best reason to see this movie. The story is so-so. There are some truly head scratching moments, and the repetition of Jean Grey is kind of like the repetitive fights in that eventually one says "I get it already." It's certainly much better than the first one, but not one of the shining stars of Marvel movies.

It is also not a kids movie, at least not little kids. Jackman again shows his bare bottom, there are a couple instances of language and there is a lot of people getting killed (no blood though). Certainly not as PG as Avengers, but it's not meant to be,
  60. Aug 12, 2013
    In a way it's a movie kind of frustrating, because when I watch expected nothing and got kind of frustrated because the film begins in a manner so interesting, humanizing the character to be worthy of becoming a pity that I began to think it would be one of my biggest surprises of the year, I was wrong, by the end of the film convinces and excites us, from there it becomes aIn a way it's a movie kind of frustrating, because when I watch expected nothing and got kind of frustrated because the film begins in a manner so interesting, humanizing the character to be worthy of becoming a pity that I began to think it would be one of my biggest surprises of the year, I was wrong, by the end of the film convinces and excites us, from there it becomes a disappointment, because the end is stupid and almost takes all the fun out of the rest, but acceptable near the predecessor with another Hugh Jacman time putting on a show. Expand
  61. Aug 19, 2013
    "The Wolverine" is way better than it's predecessor. At this moment we can definitely say that Hugh Jackman one of the best action film actor in US(The Rock isn't even near), he did amazing job in this one. The movie did everything right, except for one villain, great pacing & action, ok story. So, it's one of the best action of 2013
  62. Jul 27, 2013
    The Wolverine is largely forgettable as compared to other superhero films, that doesn't mean it isn't good though. Introducing Viper and Silver Samurai to the public, Th Wolverine is still another good movie shot out of the marvel cannon. Hugh Jackman proves why he is Wolverine.
  63. Jul 26, 2013
    Taking a step back for a fresh look and a stripped down approach makes this the best Wolverine offering to date. Nothing groundbreaking but we get a great side adventure tale that pays homage to classic martial arts and samurai films. Fun set pieces, genuine humor, nods to the Marvel universe and the upcoming Days of Future Past. It all adds up for a fun night at the movies.
  64. Jul 26, 2013
    Firstly, I was disappointed with Wolverine: Origins simply because it tried to cram so much story and mutants into one film and the final product was just lackluster. Halfway through it stopped feeling like a solo film on Logan and became another X-men film that was set in the 70’s. Anyway, onto The Wolverine.
    I was surprised how …"intimate" the film was. Director James Mangold pulled
    I was surprised how …"intimate" the film was. Director James Mangold pulled back all the glitz and glamour of mutants and big explosions and just focused on Logan. The Wolverine’s biggest accomplishment is it tries to be more than just a superhero film. It tried to be above the common ground and I respected that. It was a character piece on a tragically conflicted man who had lost purpose in his life.
    The Wolverine looses a good amount of that success however in it’s third act. The third act is in noway bad but it goes back into the big explosions, mutants, sci-fi vibe that flow throughout the three X-Men films.
    The 3rd act went by so quickly and didn’t give itself enough time to breath. Don’t get me wrong, the giant Silver Samurai robot was cool, but when that’s brought into a film that’s been portrayed so intimately, you kinda lose some of the traction you’ve been building. I also didn’t like how underdeveloped and almost throwaway Viper was, as well as she was portrayed. The third act was fun but at the end of the day it tonally felt like it was from a completely different film.
    Overall, The Wolverine more than makes up for it’s lacklusterly mediocre previous film Origins. It gives us a solid, character driven film on Wolverine, while also giving us satisfying action scenes.
    Mix that with the fantastic screen presence Hugh Jackman has and you got yourself an above average superhero film that presents The Wolverine in true form.

65. Jul 27, 2013
    The movie is awesome as expected. Great story, great actor & nicely directed. Hugh finally showed us that he's the only one who can do the Wolverine's role. No one can do it better than Hugh. It was an epic, thrilling & awesome movie!
  66. Jul 28, 2013
    This is much better, much ,much better than Origins...its well worth the money to see it in theater. It just felt much more like a story told from the comic and there is more depth here than the usual superhero schlock...and ultimately it was a just a fun movie.. so go see it BUB!
  67. Jul 29, 2013
    Good acting, and a plot that explores the character, more than it exploits its powers and flashy traits for the only sake of dumb fun. The last xmen movies where mostly fun but unintelligent, Origins wolverine was as dumb as it can get, so this is actually a refreshing step forward for the franchise.
  68. Oct 27, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. hugh jackman at the top of his game better than origins but not as good as the x2 or 1st class this character driven movie makes wolverine seem like the most badass and powerful superhero
    stay after the credits
  69. Jul 30, 2013
    The movie was good but it could have been better My opinion is that Christopher Nolan should be the director of the next wolverine movie Hopefully there will be a new wolverine movie soon
  70. Jul 30, 2013
    Hugh Jackman is in the shape of his life and you can't miss it! If you are a X-men fan you have to see this movie now!
    You also have to see the "special" ending after the first credits and see the secret!!!
  71. Jul 31, 2013
    "The wolverine" proves to be the best at what he does.Hugh Jackman is best suited actor for this role and Yukio's character is one of the film's main highlights along with the action sequences.Looking forward to "x men :days of future" past. Best superhero movie of the summer!
  72. Sep 1, 2013
    An exhilarating superhero flick that improves over its previous lackluster installment. The Wolverine stays faithful to its source material and does what the previous Wolverine film failed to do, which is display an immense amount of heart and pay close attention to characterization.
  73. Aug 5, 2013
    Totally awesome, kick ass fight scenes, mature story, as well as questionable logic. (Spoiler) 'I thought adamantium was supposed to be unbreakable?' I kept saying to myself. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I'm glad it was made, if only to show that Wolverine can make a good stand alone movie character. They followed the comics well, tied in something I've known about for sometime and evenTotally awesome, kick ass fight scenes, mature story, as well as questionable logic. (Spoiler) 'I thought adamantium was supposed to be unbreakable?' I kept saying to myself. It wasn't a perfect movie, but I'm glad it was made, if only to show that Wolverine can make a good stand alone movie character. They followed the comics well, tied in something I've known about for sometime and even managed to make it so a sequel can, but doesn't have to be made. 4.5 out of 5 stars for me. Expand
  74. Aug 21, 2013
    Plot was well pieced together start to finish. Stayed true to comics enough. Action was good and fun although the train scene was a little "unrealistic" to say the least but overall good action.
  75. Aug 8, 2013
    The Wolverine is a great film the people who think that Origins was better have no idea what the whole x-men universe is This films delivers what wolverine fans always wanted to see the japan saga Sure ..it can't stay true 100% to the comic but you have to adapt the story change it so that it can make sense. People don't get that comics are different from movies For me TheThe Wolverine is a great film the people who think that Origins was better have no idea what the whole x-men universe is This films delivers what wolverine fans always wanted to see the japan saga Sure ..it can't stay true 100% to the comic but you have to adapt the story change it so that it can make sense. People don't get that comics are different from movies For me The Wolverine had great story great characters, great action ...it's different from the other x-men movies and that is why i enjoyed it so much it's fresh we get to see the character of Wolverine vulnerable and at it's lowest point Hugh Jackman did a wonderful job thank you people can say bad things about the movie ..but the true fans will appreciate it Expand
  76. Sep 22, 2013
    I wish there was a way for users to delete reviews. I thought this was a good film but I want to delete the review under this profile, and so I write 150 words.
  77. Aug 11, 2013
    Wolverine is a great movie. It wasn't the same kind of blockbuster as other superhero movies, but it seemed to have more of a humanity to it. Wolverine had more time to develop as a character than in origins. My only complaint was that it tended to not dwell on mutants as much, but I suppose it was perfectly fine without other mutants. Wolverine is definitely worth watching.
  78. Aug 12, 2013
    I love this movie not that I am a huge fan of the comics but jus how they directed the movie to be dark and gritty like most other movies these days, but in the same way ceeps it cind of realistic of how Wolverine manges the loses he had to enure and the many wars he has fought through out his many years on this earth. I deffinetly recommend this movie for every one that likes a goodI love this movie not that I am a huge fan of the comics but jus how they directed the movie to be dark and gritty like most other movies these days, but in the same way ceeps it cind of realistic of how Wolverine manges the loses he had to enure and the many wars he has fought through out his many years on this earth. I deffinetly recommend this movie for every one that likes a good action movie or superhero movie. Expand
  79. May 25, 2014
    You know Since i wasn't really expecting much out of this movie after watching the trailers. Though after watching it twice now i can honestly say that i enjoyed it more then the over hyped "Iron Man 3". The movie washes out the horrible taste that X-Men Origins: Wolverine left in your mouth. Oh yeah and the claws don't look like crap either so that's a plus.

Again Hugh Jackman plays

Again Hugh Jackman plays Logan aka The Wolverine and just like Robert Downey Jr. with Iron Man the guy is Wolverine simple as that. He has hit rock bottom lowest of lows and he is just looking for a way out. When goes to japan where he meets Shingen (Hiroyuki Sanada) and Marik (Tao Okamoto)the grandkids of the man that he saved back in WWII. There Yashida (Hal Yamanouchi) offers to transfer Logan's healing abilities into his own body so that he can heal himself of his sickness and to get ride of Logan's pain.

The film has some great action i was worried about how it was going to looked but i was not disappointed. People really get messed up more so then the previous X-Men movies which was great. Definitely the best fighting action of this year so far the Silver Samurai fight was awesome and definitely better then what i thought it was going it be. Though the film does seem to change tone there in the third act of it not really sure what James Mangold was thinking but it clearly does feel different and not for the better.

Overall i give it a 7.3 Best Wolverine yet can't wait to see the Directors Cut which is going to be bloodier and also contains 10-12 minutes of extra footage as it does seem this movie needs it. It also has an amazing after credit scene that will just blow your socks off.
  80. Sep 22, 2013
    The Wolverine keeps you on the edge of your seat for nearly every second of the film. After an atomic set of dream sequences where Logan witnesses the bombing of Nagasaki in World War Two, we find Logan living in the forest, in what is wrongly identified as “present-day Alaska” by New York Times critic A.O Scott. It is clearly the Yukon Canada, as identified by The Yukon Sportsman’sThe Wolverine keeps you on the edge of your seat for nearly every second of the film. After an atomic set of dream sequences where Logan witnesses the bombing of Nagasaki in World War Two, we find Logan living in the forest, in what is wrongly identified as “present-day Alaska” by New York Times critic A.O Scott. It is clearly the Yukon Canada, as identified by The Yukon Sportsman’s Paradise sign in an early scene. Having abandoned his life as a crime fighter, it doesn’t take long before the action starts, and Logan gets drawn back into his old kick-ass ways.

Very early the film departs North America for Japan, and stays there for the rest of the time. The sets designs are spectacular, the photography obviously expensive and flawless. Shots of everything Japanese give the film an exotic flare, which then of course allows for every single character to be a martial arts expert. The fights scenes are visibly momentous, the special effects outstanding.

There are some gut-wrenching flaws though that are hard to stomach amidst the film’s greatness: Logan and his side-kick Yukio are both highlighted riding motorcycles through the snow in the middle of Japanese winter; the sexy Viper villain has no discernable point as a character, neither do her costumes; the scene from the trailer where Logan is standing smoking his trademark cigar disappointingly does not appear in the film.

Yet the overarching theme dealing with Logan’s angst causing immortality is interesting enough to easily redeem the film. Wolverine doesn’t save the world here, but he fights to protect the life of one woman, and ends up fighting just to save his own.
  81. Sep 9, 2013
    the wolverine..honestly i had no high expectations from James Mangold..but i gotta say dis..he actually proved me wrong..the wolverine is a worthy watch, its more drama than action..which is a good thing in a way..because it helps in character development in the eyes of the audience, which is what the wolverine delivers.
  82. Sep 21, 2013
    No estaba muy seguro si deseaba volver a ver a Jackman como Wolverine y pensaba que la historia que vivimos con X-Men Origin: Wolverine iba a repetirse. Pero me equivoqué; está en mi opinión ha sido una de las películas perteneciente a la franquicia de X-Men más sólida que haya visto. Empezando porque el director imponen un estilo diferente y con mucha credibilidad. Fue sumamenteNo estaba muy seguro si deseaba volver a ver a Jackman como Wolverine y pensaba que la historia que vivimos con X-Men Origin: Wolverine iba a repetirse. Pero me equivoqué; está en mi opinión ha sido una de las películas perteneciente a la franquicia de X-Men más sólida que haya visto. Empezando porque el director imponen un estilo diferente y con mucha credibilidad. Fue sumamente interesante, el ver como Logan realmente no puede separarse de su instinto animal y agresivo (Wolverine). Que con mucha ironía lo usa para hacer el bien y no el mal. El sentir a nuestro héroe experimentar una pisca de la mortalidad, fue lo que lo hiso más impresionante que nunca. Pero haciendo un paréntesis si hubo algo que me pareció molestoso y que no funcionó fue el personaje de Viper. No obstante la película es lo suficientemente buena como para opacar este hecho. Es claro que en el último y tercer acto la vibra en el ambiente de esta cinta cinematográfica cambia un poco -reconociendo que fue necesario- para recordarnos que estamos viendo una película de X-Men y no otra cosa. Expand
  83. Sep 16, 2013
    Definitely worth a watch! This film caught me by surprise as i had no interest in it at all going in. Tons of Wolvie, Ninja action. Comic fans may be a little disappointed with the direction taken with certain characters but the film was still very good.
  84. Sep 26, 2013
    Wow 6/10, really metacritic? Simply put, this movie is worth watching on the big screen. It barely makes mistakes and is just awesome to watch wolverine rip some up on a suit. Excellent movie.
  85. Dec 5, 2013
    The Wolverine was much more enjoyable than what i thought it was going to be. Hugh Jackman is always great as wolverine, the Chinese storyline was unexpected, this movie actually tried something new. That one scene when Wolverine is on top of the train fighting a guy with a small knife was hilarious. The ending was good, i actually want to watch the next X-Men movie when it releases.The Wolverine was much more enjoyable than what i thought it was going to be. Hugh Jackman is always great as wolverine, the Chinese storyline was unexpected, this movie actually tried something new. That one scene when Wolverine is on top of the train fighting a guy with a small knife was hilarious. The ending was good, i actually want to watch the next X-Men movie when it releases. Overall Score= 78/100 Expand
  86. May 25, 2014
    jackman promised it would be better than x men origins and he delivered a suitable story to following wolverine after the events of last stand and the first time wolverine is more at risk and closer to death than he has been before it is a must see for wolverine fans
  87. Nov 29, 2013
    It escalates a ladder of success for two-thirds the entire movie mainly due to Hugh Jackman's terrific performance and its use of Japanese culture, then trips down on a puddle of sloppiness and lands flat.
  88. Nov 28, 2013
    Once again, the low score tweakers are out in force with unrealistic expectations. Nicely done way way better than I thought you could do with what is probably one of the weakest characters in the Marvel lineup. Why weak? Brooding violent guy who turns into a wolf-like creature and can never be killed? This film manages to use the weakness of the character into a strength (not a spoiler),Once again, the low score tweakers are out in force with unrealistic expectations. Nicely done way way better than I thought you could do with what is probably one of the weakest characters in the Marvel lineup. Why weak? Brooding violent guy who turns into a wolf-like creature and can never be killed? This film manages to use the weakness of the character into a strength (not a spoiler), which is pretty cool if you ask me. Best of the bunch so far. Not bad at all. Expand
  89. N0X
    Dec 4, 2013
    Know nothing about the comic's but am an avid viewer of the franchise & movie buff. Love the character brought to life by Jackman but 3 things in this movie really annoyed me.
    1) Viper is worst villain ever and so damn annoying
    2) Gene your dead already bugger off....again so annoying
    3) Where the heck are his adamantium claws !!!!!!...the bone ones are so gay
  90. Dec 23, 2013
    Wow. This film gets so much right, but its biggest achievement is something that no super hero film has done before, whether it be Marvel or DC, is that it manages to stay true to the comics, while also entertaining causal film fans. Hell this film could entertain anybody, whether there action fans, drama fans any fan! It's a definitley risky for Marvel to try something like this, andWow. This film gets so much right, but its biggest achievement is something that no super hero film has done before, whether it be Marvel or DC, is that it manages to stay true to the comics, while also entertaining causal film fans. Hell this film could entertain anybody, whether there action fans, drama fans any fan! It's a definitley risky for Marvel to try something like this, and they have pulled it of amazingly, but the real glue that holds this together is Jackman's preformance. Now we all know its always been good, but this time he takes it to a whole new level. He's dark, thematic, serious and engaging, with such good character development. It's a shame that some of the other character aren't as well developed. Despite this they are incredibly well acted. On par with the acting is the directing, which never feels out of place. Another spectacular feat it manages to accomplish is that it balances the substance and the action, nether letting one out way the other. But the one thing that ultimately kills this film for me is its extremely awful ending. Any fan will agree! It's anti-climactic, lazy, go's away from the comics and has some of the worst CGI I have ever seen! If only that ending wasn't here, I reckon think this film could of easily got a nine, maybe even a ten, but I can't forgive that ending. Expand
  91. Jan 20, 2014
    This is a decent movie. It had potential to truly be great in exploring Logan's struggle with immortality, but falls utterly short in that regard. Instead it becomes a fun yet unfulfilling action sequence. The action is well done and somewhat redeems the movie's other shortcomings, but not enough to make it great.
  92. Dec 11, 2013
    Even though i really enjoyed this movie. Wolverine is one of those comics with 100s if not thousands of great story lines. Picking a good one out and turning into a screenplay should not be that difficult.
  93. Jan 5, 2014
    I really enjoyed this movie and I'm not a great fan of X-men movies but I thought Hugh Jackman's protrayal was excellent this time round. A much more entertaining movie than Wolverine. The special effects were spectacular although the ending was a wee bit over the top.
  94. Feb 14, 2014
    the wolverine is Big changes all of its previous sequels. instead of adding same story and taste in every sequel, its a good thing to change some characters , and had allot work on actions and music.
  95. Jul 16, 2014
    Its final act is nothing special. But thanks to Hugh Jackman's performance and striking action sequences, "The Wolverine" keeps fans and general audience entertained.
  96. Jul 8, 2014
    סרט שהוא המשך לאקס-מן 3 המפלט האחרון, שמתאר מה קורה עם וולברין אחרי שהוא עוזב את האקס-מן, סרט טוב, רק חבל שהיה כמה דמויות שנהרסו אבל זה לא משנה כי היה שם כל כך הרבה רגעים שרצינו לראות בסרט של וולברין. והסרט הזה אכן היה באדאס
  97. Sep 17, 2014
    Lots of fun edge of your seat action and a not bad story but the final act wasent great but it was ok.

overall the Wolverine gets 7.3/10 a 7.9/10 for action 6.9/10 for story a 7.1/10 for acting and a 7/10 for characters/character development
  98. Jul 28, 2014
    İlk filmi aratsa da açıkçasını söylemek gerekirse beklediğimden iyi çıktı fakat özellikle ortalarda tempo çok düşüyor hatta 80'li yıllar aksiyon filmlerinin tipik sahneleri insanı filmden soğutuyor
  99. Aug 15, 2014
    "The Wolverine" doesn't diverge from its' comic book source, to its' benefit, but I found the ending to be too comical for my taste. The first half of the movie starts off strongly, and delivers us a tortured Logan, whose actions in X-Men 3: The Last Stand haunt him still. It's a powerful beginning, but like I said, it turns into an all out comic brawl. The ending scenes are whimsical"The Wolverine" doesn't diverge from its' comic book source, to its' benefit, but I found the ending to be too comical for my taste. The first half of the movie starts off strongly, and delivers us a tortured Logan, whose actions in X-Men 3: The Last Stand haunt him still. It's a powerful beginning, but like I said, it turns into an all out comic brawl. The ending scenes are whimsical comic fun, but it hurts the serious tone that James Mangold intended to create. It's okay, and better than the last solo Wolverine film, but it doesn't compare well to the actual X-Men movies, except perhaps The Last Stand. Expand
  100. Dec 7, 2014
    This is a good superhero movie with a good plot. It also features plenty of action. It starts off as being a little bit boring at first, but eventually gets more and more interesting. It has a strong climax and an unusual twist at the end.

1. Reviewed by: Claudia Puig
    Jul 28, 2013
    An intermittently exciting action film anchored by a strong performance by Jackman, who embodies Wolverine like no one else could.
    Slapped with the generic title The Wolverine, the fifth feature-length appearance of Hugh Jackman’s X-Man John Logan is basically "The Bad News Wolverine Goes to Japan" and is not especially world-shaking.
  3. Reviewed by: Rene Rodriguez
    Jul 28, 2013
    The post-conversion 3D is more distracting than anything else, but the rest of this surprisingly fun entertainment is as sharp as the hero’s claws.