Warner Bros. Pictures | Release Date: October 26, 2001
4.3
Mixed or average reviews based on 275 Ratings
WATCH NOW
MatthewS.Apr 20, 2002
Aside from the wonderful sets and solid special effects, there is little else to recommend in this plot-deficient, poorly acted, "whose-idea-was-this"? remake.
BrendanM.Dec 20, 2001
I get a little sick of people who slam a movie in the hope of sounding like equally cynical and moronic movie critics. Why people keep expecting uber-scary films when a new horror flick is released is beyond me. Sure, the movie had a lot of I get a little sick of people who slam a movie in the hope of sounding like equally cynical and moronic movie critics. Why people keep expecting uber-scary films when a new horror flick is released is beyond me. Sure, the movie had a lot of typical horror movie moments [such as the son wandering off on his own into a dark basement] but you have to understand that movies like these aren't made to please some pompous fool with a thing against easy entertainment. They're made for people who can appreciate cheesy horror, special effects, and makeup and prosthetics and succeeds in this instance. I'd reccomend this movie if you enjoy horror movies [since when have horror movies not been clichéd and "campy" anyway?] and if you don't, you're not going to see it anyway are you? So don't go to see it just as an excuse to bitch about it. Expand
BrettT.Feb 20, 2008
eh, it wasn't SO bad, I've seen better, but seriously some of the reviews it got were terrible and it wasn't even that bad of a movie. I give it a 6 out of 10 and a thumbs up.
DarienA.Oct 26, 2001
Anti-climatic ending, too short.
JohnR.Jul 14, 2003
I thought this movie was all right, not great, but about what I expect from a horror movie these days. However, the script was truly awful and the acting left a lot to be desired.
AlanF.Oct 26, 2006
Ok the special effects were great but apart from the token comedy black character and the lame story (the concept was great but it got silly after a while) the actual facts are wildly inaccurate...for one no ghost can physically harm a human Ok the special effects were great but apart from the token comedy black character and the lame story (the concept was great but it got silly after a while) the actual facts are wildly inaccurate...for one no ghost can physically harm a human being, they can scare you and make you think they can (nightmares, visions etc) but they cannot do physical harm as shown in many movies including this one...this movie is just going to spawn a whole new generation of 'devil worshipping' goths with the newe arcana of the tarot made for this movie....i was sorely disappointed after all the hype. Expand
Trev29Aug 27, 2012
The movie made no sense at all, but the premise wasn't completely retarded. It wasn't scary, but seeing the ghosts made it sort of entertaining. If taken seriously, this movie could have has something going for it.
HaithamBSep 10, 2014
13 Ghosts is surprisingly original with a lighthearted tone that is bloody fun. But the movie is just horrifically bad it is entertaining, it is that type of movie and only that.
SnowwDec 7, 2014
Creepy Ghosts? Check.
Not enough people dying? Check.
People that somehow survive something they shouldn't? Check.
Funny at certain points, boring as f*** at other points. Its OK....